Ghost's Crystal Ball and AR

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
03 May 2021 12:03
NCF wrote:
03 May 2021 11:30
Yoop wrote:
03 May 2021 11:23
it's about trading him prior to the end of a contract they gave him to full fill once they think Love is ready
Where do you get off considering this fact that everyone needs to get on board with? This is 100% your opinion... and it's not even a plausible opinion, FWIW.
how do you know thats not what Guty had been planning to do, Rodgers is so convinced of it ( according to media reports) that he's willing to force a trade.

where do I get off????????? these are my opinions, you get to have yours too.
But I don't punch them down your esophagus like you do to everyone else.

Read More. Post Less.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

go pak go wrote:
03 May 2021 08:11
bud fox wrote:
30 Apr 2021 19:43
Pckfn23 wrote:
30 Apr 2021 19:36

And for the most part they shouldn't.
Agreed

But when you play in a single slot position and have been the face of a franchise for years, no mention of retiring and told you are the player still and for the future ... It would make sense for the team to give you a heads up they are drafting your position using the most valuable draft stock they have prior to the media storm coming your way.

Was just dumb by the team ... High fives on camera ... Dumb and lacking experience
Okay. I understand that it would have been nice if they reached out to Aaron while he was on the Pat McAfee show on Draft Night saying "hey Love is falling and we feel we may need to make a move in that direction if the last WR's fall off the board here".

It certainly is an easy way to bash management because we can say, "they didn't even do that!"

But let's put yourself in Rodgers shoes. If you receive a text or call saying, "just a heads up, this may happen"...is your life materially changed or different? Or do you still wake up the next morning and find your reality is exactly the same. You have a developmental backup on the team who is a low first round selection, you are under contract for 4 more seasons with 3 of them being essentially guaranteed and the final year being a dummy season (which you agreed to when you signed).

My guess is if Rodgers did hear a heads up of what was about to happen, he wouldn't be any less peeved than he is today. He's probably actually happier he didn't get a heads up because it just gives him more ammo to justify why the Packers did him wrong.
He would have less support in what he is doing because packers wouldve done the right thing.

Also he probably would've said are you kidding and they would go yeah your right it's stupid we should be trying to win a superbowl now