Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

NCF wrote:
03 May 2021 10:38
Makes a guy wonder how much Mrs.-to-be is pulling his strings behind the scenes.
Unfair to put any of this on her. The one pulling strings and pouring gas on the fire is the agent and his media friends.
They simply opened up the Bus Cook-book to Chapter 1: Blackened Cheese with a side of Revenge, served cold.
IT. IS. TIME

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Chilli wrote:
03 May 2021 12:27
I see people are blaming Gute for poor communication but here i'm thinking, how?

He is smack bang in the middle of the first round of the draft. He is literally working, he is watching the board, speaking to his co-workers over zoom and on the phone all at the same time. Not only that he had his four children distracting him. Through all of that he was also busy trying to make the trade for one of the wide recievers he liked but when that didn't work out he ended up being busy trying to trade up for Love. He had no time to stop and call Rodgers beforehand.

I bet he called Rodgers right after he spoke to Love but lets ignore that pesky little detail.
Gutey said they had 18 people in the draft room this year. Last year was different obviously, but there are enough people around to drop Aaron a phone call. It was reported that both the Bears and Bucs called Dalton and Brady this year before they picked their QB's.

If it matters to you, you find a way to do it. The Packers didn't, that's not their way. For good or bad, that's it.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Hawk was at Kentucky derby, no?

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

paco wrote:
I think it definitely goes into it. But add in Kumerow and various other decisions that didn't get mentioned to Rodgers and its built up to a breaking point for him. Money won't fix this. Reversing all of this and giving him the say he wants may not fix this.

Packers have to decide how badly they want Rodgers. Rodgers needs to decide if he can forgive and move forward. At this point, it doesn't sound like Rodgers is budging. I doubt the Packers are willing to go far enough to entice him.
But also... that's a completely unreasonable stance. Like personnel control over who makes the final roster? That's the stuff that coaches and GMs wrestle over. It is NOT a QB's call at all, ever.

So if Rodgers can't get over it, he's not going to play anywhere and get what he wants. Ever. He's just being dumb and trying to flex to demand something no one would ever give a player. It will go no where and there is no reason for the team to do anything until next year's draft whether Rodgers plays or not. Rodgers can be the guy who throws away his best shot at a Super Bowl because Jake Kumerow and Jordy Nelson got released. Live with that legacy.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BSA wrote:
03 May 2021 12:29
NCF wrote:
03 May 2021 10:38
Makes a guy wonder how much Mrs.-to-be is pulling his strings behind the scenes.
Unfair to put any of this on her. The one pulling strings and pouring gas on the fire is the agent and his media friends.
They simply opened up the Bus Cook-book to Chapter 1: Blackened Cheese with a side of Revenge, served cold.
I agree BSA. But also naïve to not think she hasn't had any influence on him either. He's gone through a lot of changes over the last year or 2 (by his own admission). She probably helped with that and that may have changed his thinking. But I would doubt she told him, hey Aaron, go blow everything up and cause a scene. I mean its possible, but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.
RIP JustJeff

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

If that's true about Kumerow, then yeah I'm 100% ready to move on from the guy. I could sympathize with Brett back in the day when he was pissed about us going all cheap causing us to lose out on Randy Moss, but Kumerow would not have pushed us over the edge last year. This is plain old pettiness. Rodgers is not a GM. Time for Jordan Love.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
03 May 2021 12:31
Hawk was at Kentucky derby, no?
Yup. Hawk. And Bakh. And Cobb.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
03 May 2021 12:08
Hawk just said, in his opinion, there is a 0% chance Rodgers will retire.
we all love and trust AJ Hawk, Right? :lol:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
03 May 2021 12:32
paco wrote:
I think it definitely goes into it. But add in Kumerow and various other decisions that didn't get mentioned to Rodgers and its built up to a breaking point for him. Money won't fix this. Reversing all of this and giving him the say he wants may not fix this.

Packers have to decide how badly they want Rodgers. Rodgers needs to decide if he can forgive and move forward. At this point, it doesn't sound like Rodgers is budging. I doubt the Packers are willing to go far enough to entice him.
But also... that's a completely unreasonable stance. Like personnel control over who makes the final roster? That's the stuff that coaches and GMs wrestle over. It is NOT a QB's call at all, ever.

So if Rodgers can't get over it, he's not going to play anywhere and get what he wants. Ever. He's just being dumb and trying to flex to demand something no one would ever give a player. It will go no where and there is no reason for the team to do anything until next year's draft whether Rodgers plays or not. Rodgers can be the guy who throws away his best shot at a Super Bowl because Jake Kumerow and Jordy Nelson got released. Live with that legacy.
But that is wrong. I bet anything that there are teams prepared to offer that. At least give him a say in the offensive personnel. I agree it is unreasonable, but I guarantee there are teams willing to do it for 3 years of Rodgers.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
03 May 2021 12:11
He also said he doesn't believe Rodgers is trying to get Gutey fired.

Of course, this is not him speaking for Rodgers, just his feelings.
ya but AJ Hawk is a trustworthy person, right? :rotf:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

paco wrote:
03 May 2021 12:33
But that is wrong. I bet anything that there are teams prepared to offer that. At least give him a say in the offensive personnel. I agree it is unreasonable, but I guarantee there are teams willing to do it for 3 years of Rodgers.
Absolutely not. Not a single team, ever, would give a QB final say over the roster cuts. These aren't even high-profile decisions, and to hear Gutey tell it, he has conversations with Rodgers all the time about personnel. Input is already there. Rodgers is seeking AUTHORITY, not input. And no team would consider it, not for a second.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:
03 May 2021 12:32
paco wrote:

Oh yeah. And these vet QBs love those teams. MN did with Favre. TB is doing it with Brady.

Tons of teams who have been in the duldrums will bend over backwards and do anything for these aging vets to convince them to come over. Rodgers would absolutely be no different.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
03 May 2021 12:17
Aj hawk talking about the same thing on pat mcafee. Says it’s ñot love or money related. It’s related to the team treating him like he is a scrub and doing personell and org decisions that he hates
just about what I've been saying the whole time, he feels less then respected, ya got to coddle these prima donna athletes.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
03 May 2021 12:36
paco wrote:
Absolutely not. Not a single team, ever, would give a QB final say over the roster cuts. These aren't even high-profile decisions, and to hear Gutey tell it, he has conversations with Rodgers all the time about personnel. Input is already there. Rodgers is seeking AUTHORITY, not input. And no team would consider it, not for a second.
Maybe not over final cuts. But just about every team out there now will guarantee that any potential move on the offense is run by Rodgers first and he gives his opinion. If he says he wants a specific WR on the team and they are a potential cut, I guarantee someone like Elway will say "OK, We'll cut someone else". Especially a bottom of the roster decision like that.

I think Rodgers is reasonable enough to know he won't get GM power, but wants to be involved and he's not getting it in GB.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Rodgers needs to come out and clarify things. If he doesn't he's a coward. You want something, say it. Clear it up. He can't sit back and then whine about the media later. He can control the entire narrative.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

paco wrote:
03 May 2021 12:39
I think Rodgers is reasonable enough
what about this situation gives you any indication that Rodgers is acting within any bounds of "reason"?

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

paco wrote:
03 May 2021 12:41
Rodgers needs to come out and clarify things. If he doesn't he's a coward. You want something, say it. Clear it up. He can't sit back and then whine about the media later. He can control the entire narrative.
The reason he isn't coming out and clarifying it is because it's true. Isn't that obvious? He can easily come out and lie and say it's been overblown, but the multiple flights have been corroborated. The timeline of the dysfunction has been corroborated. A ton of leaks clearly came from his camp and yet he spoke off camera to Tirico and just said he wishes it didn't get out...

He is not controlling the narrative because it's either "lie, but risk getting caught lying and it's worse" or "let the truth continue to broil through the news and enjoy that 95% of media members are taking your side"

If he had anything de-escalating to say, he'd have said it.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Murphy and Gutey have had a weird kink with making sure the world knows that Rodgers is not in control, they are in control. They are reaping what they have sewn.

Most egregious case of this is the leak from the org where they made sure the word knew they told 12 to “not be the problem”, and that he had no idea who is coach would be.

Also when they fired his QB coach that he loved.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
03 May 2021 12:39
Drj820 wrote:
03 May 2021 12:17
Aj hawk talking about the same thing on pat mcafee. Says it’s ñot love or money related. It’s related to the team treating him like he is a scrub and doing personell and org decisions that he hates
just about what I've been saying the whole time, he feels less then respected, ya got to coddle these prima donna athletes.
I don't know. You have about 17 pages worth arguing it is over his contract, not enough money in his contract and his contract not being fully guaranteed.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

So, if I am all caught up, his season-ending presser that we all thought was "overblown" maybe was not so overblown? Does this go back that far? I still don't see the smoking gun that caused this to blow up in late April...

Read More. Post Less.