Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

So Rodgers and Love have the same agent? Thats interesting to say the least. Ha
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
03 May 2021 13:17
Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I think that if I'm Jordan Love, I'd fire David Dunn. Unless he had a big heads up that his life was about to turn on its head. Regardless of who leaked what, David Dunn knew about this.
Interestingly, if Dunn wants to max his money as an agent, the best way would be to get AR traded and then extended, and have Love start ASAP to potentially max his 2nd contract. :think: :think: :think:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

salmar80 wrote:
03 May 2021 13:23
YoHoChecko wrote:
Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I think that if I'm Jordan Love, I'd fire David Dunn. Unless he had a big heads up that his life was about to turn on its head. Regardless of who leaked what, David Dunn knew about this.
Interestingly, if Dunn wants to max his money as an agent, the best way would be to get AR traded and then extended, and have Love start ASAP to potentially max his 2nd contract. :think: :think: :think:
Yuck. That is disgusting to even think about.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
03 May 2021 13:24
salmar80 wrote:
03 May 2021 13:23
YoHoChecko wrote:
Yuck. That is disgusting to even think about.
For SURE this plays a role somewhere. I mean it's not like Dunn convinced Rodgers to be mad. But he's also not going to try to put the fire out.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

and why do all you seem to think any thing said concerning Brady having input is just about last year, I'd bet he's always had that going with Belichick in NE.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Yoop wrote:
03 May 2021 13:30
and why do all you seem to think any thing said concerning Brady having input is just about last year, I'd bet he's always had that going with Belichick in NE.
Who cares about Brady? What he does should have no bearing on Rodgers' situation.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
03 May 2021 13:16
Yoop wrote:
03 May 2021 13:08

heck Rodgers had to force Guty to get rid of McCarthy, or he'd probably still be here,
I don't understand how 24 hours ago I can lay out evidence showing the Packers were likely moving in the direction of moving on from MM anyways which gets accepted and then today it was once again Rodgers who got rid of McCarthy.

Did Rodgers make the Buffalo post game presser comment? Yes.

But Mac got fired because the Packers stunk. Mac also likely wasn't going to be resigned anyways if the Packers missed the playoffs which they didn't and had no real shot of doing. The Packers were well on their way of moving beyond McCarthy with or without Aaron's input. Mark Murphy made the call to fire Mike McCarthy.

the lame duck year was a prove it year, which Rodgers very likely didn't agree with in the first place, and once past the first couple games revolted against, Guty probably figured oh well we'll change next year, when Rodgers wanted it over with sooner. I said then Rodgers was our hero, and he was,

just look back at the sequince of events, and how complacent things where, TEd as GM a couple years to long, Capers and McCarthy the same, Rodgers felt he had to do something or it would be status quo another season or two

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
03 May 2021 13:30
Pretty sure he didnt have it and thats a main reason why he left.

The difference is though that Brady didnt have it, and Bill delivered him the pieces he needed to win rings.

Rodgers doesnt have it, and doesnt feel he is getting the groceries to win rings.

I would argue alot of that is the difference between Brady and Rodgers, but thats a big difference.

Also, for everyone who keeps pointing out that the Bucs drafted a QB..it is widely reported that they called Brady to tell him they were going to do that. Even the Bears told Dalton they were moving up to get Fields. Seems to be a pretty common courtesy most GMs will afford their starting QBs expect for Gute for some reason.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
03 May 2021 13:40
Also, for everyone who keeps pointing out that the Bucs drafted a QB..it is widely reported that they called Brady to tell him they were going to do that. Even the Bears told Dalton they were moving up to get Fields. Seems to be a pretty common courtesy most GMs will afford their starting QBs expect for Gute for some reason.
Absolutely. And Gutey has publicly admitted to being at fault in the communication breakdown there. I don't think anyone thinks that was a good thing. I understand how it happened, given that I don't think that was the plan going into the night or even halfway through the first round. It was very clear that the team was trying to get a WR and then the run on the position came and wiped out the value. At that point, when it was time to pivot, he could have given a quick call, but it would have to be so quick that it might not have been very soothing to Rodgers. But it should have happened. Rodgers shouldn't have heard about that on TV or through texts.

But considering that was a year ago, that Gutey admitted fault, and that communication assuredly happened in spades after that move was made, it's difficult to see that rising to the level it has, and other instances of communication that have been mentioned, like Lumerow or whatnot, don't seem major.

It SEEMS like if you have an issue with the way your boss communicates with you, pretending that everything is rosy for a year and then communicating through the media on one of the most important, if not the most important, weekend of your boss' year is... worse communication?

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Aaron has no ability to confront things head on, instead he'll go all passive aggressive and live through grudges. He is not publicly confrontational about anything. This whole Gute has to go thing. Its Rodgers turn to comment, Gute HAS. But you know Rodgers won't comment on it, at least not on the record. But apparently every journalist has heard off the record. All the confidence in AR never playing for GB anymore beams from the insiders.

All over the 26th pick in the 2019 draft. 26th! Not 1-2-3-4-5. 26th. A guy making 12M over 4 years.

I have no idea why people think the team should be keeping players up on draft picks in real time WHILE ON THE CLOCK. PR with our players for the picks we are about to make is just not a thing, I don't care how big of a star you are. I highly doubt they went into the draft with a circle around Jordan Love saying we need to draft that guy. I mean, its plausible and not even unlikely that an algorithmic view of the draft would say to trade up to get him. QB was a need going into the draft. If they had him on the 2nd tier (1st = top 3-5 guys, 2nd = top 15-20, 3rd = to 40-45) and the 3rd tier guys they liked were gone (or the prospects looked grim), it was absolutely the move to go up and get the remaining tier 2 guy. Now you may disagree with their rating, but if they legit had him rated that high, they played it like you would expect it to be done.

Rodgers was the same way. Ted in no way shape or form TARGETED Aaron. But GB did have a need for at least a good backup QB to develop, QB was a need going into the draft. The politics of using a late 1st on a QB when you have one is just ridiculous, media, fans, and the butthurt QB are grossly overstating the value of a late 1st pick. I mean, a late first guy is cheaper than a vet backup, and there is the potential for the pick to turn into the most extreme value possible (see Aaron Rodgers). Late 1's bust a lot though, everyone expects that. Its a whole lot different than a top 5 bust. What is Rodgers really afraid of?

I mean, I could get on board if Aaron was butthurt because Love was going to have to sit a number of years like he did, but that isn't the case. He knows as good as anyone that the team is going to stick by the previous guy until he decides to leave. If Brett wouldn't have retired at the end of 2007, Aaron would not have started in 2008. Even a "competition" would have been so tilted Brett would have easily won no matter how well Aaron did.

The coach, not the GM decides who starts, MLF is going to start Aaron until he's not on the team anymore, who cares about Love (unless he truly hits), that's clearly going to be the dynamic until Aaron decides he's not going to be on the team anymore, his contract ends, or he's cut/traded. But MLF is never going to give up AR to be cut/traded unless Love is something special, so he'd be a butthurt HC if Gute ever went there. (Using the other basic assumption that QB1 is basically never a cap casualty unless play has fallen off sharply).

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RODGERS IS A BAD BOY, A BAD BAD BOY :lol:

I think he's afraid that if we lose another NFCCG in 2021 or 2022 while still playing at a high level, Guty will decide to give Love a shot and trade Rodgers to the worst team in the league and his chances for another ring are over, If I where Rodgers I'd be concerned about that too.

Hawk said he wont retire, and doesn't want Guty fired, so I'll believe that till I know different.

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Say what you will, but part of the 2008 dynamic that was purely inside info, but heavily shaped the contours, was that Aaron was quite good behind the scenes. Brett knew it, Ted knew it, Mac knew it, and Murphy knew it.

I'm curious as to why the current situation seems to have the same undercurrent.

LIS, Rodgers KNOWS:
- As long as he is on the roster he is the starter; it would take his severe decline AND Love would have to seriously show something for it to be any other way.
- A HC that has started 13-3 his first 2 years would in no way have his gameday starting QB picked by the GM (MLF will always have say on Sundays, not Gute)
- If Love is a total bust and never plays any meaningful snaps for GB, who cares; #26 being a bust is not going to get a GM fired, it isn't a top 5 pick.

Rodgers has nothing really to fear from Love. His only real concern is getting injured this year then cut after the season. I mean, it seems his goal is to play elsewhere; ok, is is really that important that its now instead of next year, GB surely is his best chance to win this year, the team is as stacked with blue chippers as any in the league.

But if he genuinely wanted to play for someone else this year, the play that might actually have done something was to come out have a press conference or interview that says he wants to be traded and play elsewhere he's why. This move he's making is tactically and strategically retarded, he needed to be on his next team by early FA for this year, certainly before the draft.

But yet, I can't help but think Rodgers is acting genuinely freaked out about Love.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
03 May 2021 14:36
But he didn't. He dropped it in the endzone.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

NCF wrote:
He also posted this on Instagram
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

NCF wrote:
Alright so 17 comes out in support of 12.

Not the best development in terms of the status of the locker room.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
03 May 2021 14:48
NCF wrote:

anyone that thinks the players aren't siding with Rodgers is kidding themselves

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Maybe the kumerow move isn't because Rodgers liked him but more the fact Rodgers is being the team guy and boosting his supporting cast publicly and then the team cuts him the next day making his assessment comments look stupid.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Yoop wrote:
03 May 2021 14:57
Drj820 wrote:
NCF wrote:

Of course.

There is basically no one siding with the Packers on this except some blind sheep packer fans.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

bud fox wrote:
03 May 2021 14:59
Yoop wrote:
03 May 2021 14:57
Drj820 wrote:

Of course.

There is basically no one siding with the Packers on this except some blind sheep packer fans.
Many of them are owners so they have to protect the brand i guess