Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
03 May 2021 14:57
Drj820 wrote:
03 May 2021 14:48
NCF wrote:
03 May 2021 14:36
Alright so 17 comes out in support of 12.

Not the best development in terms of the status of the locker room.
anyone that thinks the players aren't siding with Rodgers is kidding themselves
Pretty much the first thing you've said on this issue I can agree with.

Adams' support for AR is a gimme. Same with the msm backing. It does them no good to diminish AR's shine. I don't expect to see much support at all for Gute within the league-wide player ranks or media. That doesn't change the reality of the situation, though.

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

YoHoChecko wrote:
03 May 2021 12:49
Drj820 wrote:
03 May 2021 12:45
Murphy and Gutey have had a weird kink with making sure the world knows that Rodgers is not in control, they are in control. They are reaping what they have sewn.

Most egregious case of this is the leak from the org where they made sure the word knew they told 12 to “not be the problem”, and that he had no idea who is coach would be.

Also when they fired his QB coach that he loved.
But, like, Rodgers shouldn't have a say in who the head coach was. They were hiring his BOSS. You don't get to hire your own boss. Rodgers is not in control. So of course the narrative when everyone asked about the process was that Rodgers is not in control. It's not a kink. It's honest. Like "Does Aaron have a say in who the next head coach will be?" "No"

That's honest and is totally how it should be. You don't "reap what you sew" when what you sew is not giving in to a whiny brat who thinks he should be a GMcoach. Rodgers has a direct line to MLF and Gutey any time he wants it, and has used it. If they don't listen to his advice, that's not a kink for showing him who's in charge. That's literally just being in charge.
Sorry, but quite often employees are on committees and offer significant input in choosing their new boss. I have done so myself. This is not out of line at all.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

If my boss got hired and I wasn't involved but my boss was amazing and turned me into my best self....I wouldn't be b*tching. I would be thanking those that hired him and acknowledge they did a great job.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

NCF wrote:
03 May 2021 13:24
salmar80 wrote:
03 May 2021 13:23
YoHoChecko wrote:
03 May 2021 13:17
Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I think that if I'm Jordan Love, I'd fire David Dunn. Unless he had a big heads up that his life was about to turn on its head. Regardless of who leaked what, David Dunn knew about this.
Interestingly, if Dunn wants to max his money as an agent, the best way would be to get AR traded and then extended, and have Love start ASAP to potentially max his 2nd contract. :think: :think: :think:
Yuck. That is disgusting to even think about.
I don't think it's right though. There is no agent incentive on the Love side to get him starting unless he's willing to go all in on Love being special. There is higher top end potential, but the longer he sits, the more ready he is to look the part when he gets his shot. GB only needed a few games of Aaron starting before they extended him with starting QB money. No need for him to play until the years that count for money; they couldn't extend him any time soon even if they wanted to. The safer play is for Love to sit until that last year before he can be extended (4th season).

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
03 May 2021 15:24
If my boss got hired and I wasn't involved but my boss was amazing and turned me into my best self....I wouldn't be b*tching. I would be thanking those that hired him and acknowledge they did a great job.
true story
I went to work for a friends fathers tin shop, had been working there about three days, it was customary to load the trucks with materials then head out for coffee, each day the boss my friends father would tell me to get the coffee when his cup was empty, I did it the first time without even bating a eye lash, the second day, I thought theres 5 of us here, why are you asking me, the third day I told him get your own freaking coffee do I look like your son you can boss around, I left and went to work 2 hours later for someone else, point is if your skills are in demand you can tell jerks where the line is drawn.

I don't know what this has to do with anything really, except I really felt good when I told him to stick it :lol:

Chilli
Reactions:

Post by Chilli »

I posted a theory a few months back on FF about the possibility that Rodgers and Adams might get together to form an exit plan and join a contending team ala Brady and Gronk.

Rodgers probably doesn't want to start all over again to form a new rapport with a new WR that will take a few years to develop especially at his age. Adams knows if he sticks with Rodgers he will continue to produce at a high level and therefore extend his career earning power. With Love being drafted and Adams 1 year away from FA, also they saw how Brady and Gronk maneuvered their way out of New England to Tampa and win a superbowl. They probably looked at each other and said "lets do this, lets make it happen".

With that theory in mind, what if Rodgers is posturing that he wants to stay and get an extension to give the impression that he wants to stay when he in fact he actually doesn't and just want to cause enough trouble to force a trade to the team he wants. Then a year later they complete the plan when Adams hits FA.

Just spitballing here. :lol:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Chilli wrote:
03 May 2021 15:38
I posted a theory a few months back on FF about the possibility that Rodgers and Adams might get together to form an exit plan and join a contending team ala Brady and Gronk.

Rodgers probably doesn't want to start all over again to form a new rapport with a new WR that will take a few years to develop especially at his age. Adams knows if he sticks with Rodgers he will continue to produce at a high level and therefore extend his career earning power. With Love being drafted and Adams 1 year away from FA, also they saw how Brady and Gronk maneuvered their way out of New England to Tampa and win a superbowl. They probably looked at each other and said "lets do this, lets make it happen".

With that theory in mind, what if Rodgers is posturing that he wants to stay and get an extension to give the impression that he wants to stay when he in fact he actually doesn't and just want to cause enough trouble to force a trade to the team he wants. Then a year later they complete the plan when Adams hits FA.

I don't know why Rodgers would want to be teamed up with a guy who drops the ball in the endzone in an NFC Championship game.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Waldo wrote:
NCF wrote:
03 May 2021 13:24
salmar80 wrote:
03 May 2021 13:23

Interestingly, if Dunn wants to max his money as an agent, the best way would be to get AR traded and then extended, and have Love start ASAP to potentially max his 2nd contract. :think: :think: :think:
Yuck. That is disgusting to even think about.
I don't think it's right though. There is no agent incentive on the Love side to get him starting unless he's willing to go all in on Love being special. There is higher top end potential, but the longer he sits, the more ready he is to look the part when he gets his shot. GB only needed a few games of Aaron starting before they extended him with starting QB money. No need for him to play until the years that count for money; they couldn't extend him any time soon even if they wanted to. The safer play is for Love to sit until that last year before he can be extended (4th season).
yep, it helps to build a persons confidence to sit and learn a season or two , Rodgers had the Tedford tech of holding the ball at the ready as soon as it was snapped, and also had a few other issues McCarthy tutored him out of.

Love according to pre draft hype (what else do we have to go on) was not walk on ready and needs a couple season to be coached up, thats why I don't think Rodgers is worried that Love will take his job, at least not in the next 2 or 3 years, if ever.

I like LOves demeaner through all this, " the only thing I need to concentrate on is improving myself.
Last edited by Yoop on 03 May 2021 15:53, edited 1 time in total.

Christo
Reactions:

Post by Christo »

Chilli wrote:

That may be, but the Packers can let Rodgers sit out for the next 3 years and they can franchise Adams after this coming season.

And remember, if this was to succeed, you can kiss the NFL goodbye. Every crybaby in the league will pull this crap.
I expect contracts in the near future to have clauses that can really hammer players from doing this.

Personally, I don't care if they both leave. I'm not going to lose any sleep over them, nor should anybody else.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
03 May 2021 15:46
Chilli wrote:

I don't know why Rodgers would want to be teamed up with a guy who drops the ball in the endzone in an NFC Championship game.
:thwap: please someone run me over with a cement truck :rotf:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
Chilli wrote:

I forgive adams for that. The guy is unreal.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Christo wrote:
03 May 2021 15:50
Chilli wrote:

That may be, but the Packers can let Rodgers sit out for the next 3 years and they can franchise Adams after this coming season.

And remember, if this was to succeed, you can kiss the NFL goodbye. Every crybaby in the league will pull this crap.
I expect contracts in the near future to have clauses that can really hammer players from doing this.

Personally, I don't care if they both leave. I'm not going to lose any sleep over them, nor should anybody else.
that has about as much chance of happening as Guty being fired, zippo, nothing good comes from benching Rodgers, and he wouldn't stand for that anyway, would you? and of course you and everyone would lose sleep over it, cripes where not even close to that and we have about 30 pages now of people fretting over it.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Christo wrote:
03 May 2021 15:50
Chilli wrote:

The reason this works for Rodgers is because of all the mistreatment and the fact that he is the reigning MVP and best player of all time

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Chilli wrote:

Ive voiced my concerns about the cascade.

Weve seen this happen in Denver. Jay Cutler forces his way out. Then Brandon Marshall wants out. Then a mass exodus of players leave Denver. Tim Tebow fails. Everyone is fired.

These players want to win. Especially when theyve gotten used to winning. Adams has his sights set on the HOF but hes behind the 8 ball with injuries and an early lack of production. If he doesnt believe in Love hes out after this year.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
03 May 2021 15:53
go pak go wrote:
Chilli wrote:

Yes he is. So was Gary Anderson in 1998.

Fact remains Adams and Jones cost the Packers only a field goal less than Kevin King in that game. And the Bucs found a way to essentially eliminate the Adams and Jones threat twice in 2020.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Adams' supportive tweet won't mean anything when they extend him later this summer.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Waldo wrote:
I don't think it's right though. There is no agent incentive on the Love side to get him starting
The agent doesn't want Love languishing in GB if he isn't going to play. Love is better off getting traded and learning the new offense he IS going to play in. IF the agent gets GB to commit to AR for 2022-2023, that means Love should go elsewhere. That issue is what's driving the agent to resolve it NOW vs waiting two years.

unrelated: I just re-read the Kumerow comments and it seems Kumerow getting cut wasn't the big issue - it was Kumerow getting cut the day after AR complimented his play. That could be perceived as a slight to AR's leadership of the locker room.( It wasn't) - but if you are already questioning Gute, then that cut feels like a deliberate stab in the back. (It wasn't)

But I can see how it might be perceived that way - especially when Begelton, Darrius Shepard and Malik Taylor were retained instead of the guy you like. Brady gets 5 time trouble-maker Antonio Brown signed, no questions asked and Rodgers can't even get his GM to keep a lowly WR5 on his behalf. Molehills become mountains depending on how you frame them.

I'm not taking anybody's side here - I'm simply trying to understand why.
IT. IS. TIME

Chilli
Reactions:

Post by Chilli »

BSA wrote:
03 May 2021 16:51
unrelated: I just re-read the Kumerow comments and it seems Kumerow getting cut wasn't the big issue - it was Kumerow getting cut the day after AR complimented his play. That could be perceived as a slight to AR's leadership of the locker room.( It wasn't) - but if you are already questioning Gute, then that cut feels like a deliberate stab in the back. (It wasn't)
There was no other day to cut Kumerow. It was 53 roster cut down day it had to be done there and then.

I think Rodgers set up the comment the day before cut down day knowing Kumerow was likely cut and he can use it against the Packers management in future.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
03 May 2021 16:31
Drj820 wrote:
03 May 2021 15:53
go pak go wrote:

Yes he is. So was Gary Anderson in 1998.

Fact remains Adams and Jones cost the Packers only a field goal less than Kevin King in that game. And the Bucs found a way to essentially eliminate the Adams and Jones threat twice in 2020.
so your ready to blame a fumble when the RB was knocked out of the game, and our best receiver who was blanketed and still caught 11 passes for one mistake each while King was beaten over and over, I just don't think there is a comparison. either way, Lupe's point is sound, if Rodgers goes, it's likely Adams doesn't hang around for Love.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Just to be clear, I UNDERSTAND why Rodgers is upset.

It's just that the reasons are stupid, his feelings aren't particularly valid, and his behavior right now is abhorrent.

But yeah, I understand where it's coming from. He's just wrong.