Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

Chilli
Reactions:

Post by Chilli »

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

bud fox wrote:
03 May 2021 14:59
Yoop wrote:
03 May 2021 14:57
Drj820 wrote:
03 May 2021 14:48

Alright so 17 comes out in support of 12.

Not the best development in terms of the status of the locker room.
anyone that thinks the players aren't siding with Rodgers is kidding themselves
Of course.

There is basically no one siding with the Packers on this except some blind sheep packer fans.
Lol now this is just false

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I sure hope Malik Taylor knows all of this, everything, is all his fault for making the roster last year.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

AJ has to have heard from Rodgers. They were together at the derby.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
03 May 2021 16:59
go pak go wrote:
03 May 2021 16:31
Drj820 wrote:
03 May 2021 15:53

I forgive adams for that. The guy is unreal.
Yes he is. So was Gary Anderson in 1998.

Fact remains Adams and Jones cost the Packers only a field goal less than Kevin King in that game. And the Bucs found a way to essentially eliminate the Adams and Jones threat twice in 2020.
so your ready to blame a fumble when the RB was knocked out of the game, and our best receiver who was blanketed and still caught 11 passes for one mistake each while King was beaten over and over, I just don't think there is a comparison. either way, Lupe's point is sound, if Rodgers goes, it's likely Adams doesn't hang around for Love.
I'm ready to blame everyone because everyone is eligible to be blamed. They are all losers. Adams. Rodgers. King. Z. (I am not including Clark or Jaire. They did their part)

It's stupid when fans feel this higher power to feel the right that blaming a GM or coach at a higher % is acceptable when other players, who have a more direct impact on a micro game level, hurt the Packers chances at getting a SB by not making a play when it was there to be made.

For instance, what do you think is easier for an organization to accomplish? Using a 2nd rounder and 1st rounder to trade up to 21 to draft a WR from LSU and hope he is the answer for an alternative target in a playoff game and that is why we didn't make the SB? OR have your #1 WR be able to catch a 3 yard pass when we need it?

We do the same thing for the 2014 NFCCG too. Like it's so easy and convenient to blame Mike McCarthy. But how about we dish sh*t to Julius Peppers who was the moron who told Morgan Burnett to slide at mid-field with an open path to the End zone? For gods sake at least slide inside field goal range. Or how about we knash our teeth at Eddie Lacy or Aaron Rodgers who couldn't do jack sh*t inside the 2 yardline on multiple occasions to score a TD when your defense gets 5 turnovers?

It's just so stupid how it's okay and fashionable to blame people who have less impact on a game but feel it's unnecessary to blame fan favorites because they built up "prior equity and we like em"

The front office isn't holding Rodgers or Adams, etc. back. They are all losers because they all lost and the playmakers we relied on making us plays didn't make the Packers plays when they were there to be made.

I think you can tell I have heard enough of the Packers front office holding this team back when it is the names on the fan favorite's jerseys that are the losers and are the reason the Packers have 1 SB in the Rodgers era.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I don't know if this was posted elsewhere.

AJ Hawk says the below is not likely to be true.
image.png
image.png (238.85 KiB) Viewed 564 times
Last edited by go pak go on 03 May 2021 17:50, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I think theres validity to what Hawk said on the McCafee Show. Rodgers has wanted in the loop for a while. Rightfully so. TT ran the team into the ground. As much as you people love him and sure hes dead, respect and all that, but he $%@# sucked at his job towards the end. He was downright terrible. Then you bring in

Gutey comes in and instantly he gets the team in cap trouble, mismanages his resources, makes some strange decisions and here we are. Hes done well but hes made a lot of poor decisions. Signing both the Smiths to crazy big deals and then drafting Gary 12th. Paying big money to Graham who sucked, waited a year too long to rectify the mistake and cut him. The Billy Turner deal was ludicrous. He basically blew his first draft outside of Alexander which was a great pick and all but youve gotta get more than 1 player from a draft. The Love pick was downright stupid. Ive said before no one can convince me that was a good pick. Even if he ends up being a pro bowl QB you already had one and its not like hes already 40 or something.

Now insert Tom Brady who basically got the treatment Rodgers wants. They did everything he wanted. They supported him with the best offensive supporting cast in the league. He wins the Super Bowl. Meanwhile youve got Rodgers who loses to Tom in the NFCC. Youve got Lazard ducking a wide open pass on an option one play and missing his pick on another. to get Adams open. Both would have been TDs. Youve got King being bad, which Ive been telling you since day one he stinks. EQ dropping a 2pt conversion. Adams dropping balls.

Rodgers cant trust this team to do enough to get over the top.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
03 May 2021 17:47
I think theres validity to what Hawk said on the McCafee Show. Rodgers has wanted in the loop for a while. Rightfully so. TT ran the team into the ground. As much as you people love him and sure hes dead, respect and all that, but he $%@# sucked at his job towards the end. He was downright terrible. Then you bring in
I don't think anyone is defending Ted Thompson after January 2015. His record is really bad outside of the 2016 draft.

But none of that matters with this current regime. Mike McCarthy is gone. Ted Thompson is dead. Those two that keep getting brought up about robbing Aaron Rodgers's seasons from 2015 - 2018 is irrelevant. They are gone and the new regime in place are pretty polar opposites of those two in how they conduct business.
Yoop wrote:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
Now insert Tom Brady who basically got the treatment Rodgers wants. They did everything he wanted. They supported him with the best offensive supporting cast in the league. He wins the Super Bowl.
This is all kinds of wrong. They didn't do everything he wanted. First, just about everything was already sitting there. Brady walked into a good situation. Then, he coaxed his buddy out of retirement and they signed some turd castoff WR. Those were the big moves on offense. And drafted an OT. That probably would have set Rodgers off the deep end. I'd like Mike Evans on the Packers, too, but some of these guys are not available to go get. Just ask Bill Belichick.

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

NCF wrote:
03 May 2021 17:53
lupedafiasco wrote:
Now insert Tom Brady who basically got the treatment Rodgers wants. They did everything he wanted. They supported him with the best offensive supporting cast in the league. He wins the Super Bowl.
This is all kinds of wrong. They didn't do everything he wanted. First, just about everything was already sitting there. Brady walked into a good situation. Then, he coaxed his buddy out of retirement and they signed some turd castoff WR. Those were the big moves on offense. And drafted an OT. That probably would have set Rodgers off the deep end. I'd like Mike Evans on the Packers, too, but some of these guys are not available to go get. Just ask Bill Belichick.
Coaxed his buddy out of retirement sure. The Buccs still needed to trade for him. How many times have we watched the Packers over Rodgers career have an opportunity to trade for a great player and $%@# it up? You know what they did trade for? A &%$@ backup QB in Kizer. I dont give a god damn what was wrong with AB. They should have brought him in. He can fly as many helicopters into practice as he wants. That was a steal and I find it to be absurd that a team that really didnt need another WR weapon signs him to help put them over the top and a team that really did need a WR sits on their god damn hands and trots bum ass Darius Sheppard out there and signs Tavon Austin who wasnt even good when he was in his prime.

Like what the $%@# are we doing here? Are we trying to win or not?

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Could you imagine a team so good that its front office tries not to win and accidentally trips and wins 13 games and reaches the conference championship game two years in a row while placing the most players in the league in the Pro Bowl?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yeah Mr Turd Ab helped Brady win a super bowl come playoff time. You can worry about character issues, or you can worry about winning. Brady and the Bucs were worried about winning, and well...they won the super bowl.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
03 May 2021 18:10
Could you imagine a team so good that its front office tries not to win and accidentally trips and wins 13 games and reaches the conference championship game two years in a row while placing the most players in the league in the Pro Bowl?
As long as they win enough to raise ticket prices theyre good.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Drj820 wrote:
03 May 2021 18:11
Yeah Mr Turd Ab helped Brady win a super bowl come playoff time. You can worry about character issues, or you can worry about winning. Brady and the Bucs were worried about winning, and well...they won the super bowl.
Facts on facts.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

lupedafiasco wrote:
03 May 2021 18:12
Drj820 wrote:
Facts on facts.
Brady also won 6 Super Bowls with "The Patriot Way" that worried both about character and about winning.

And the Titans drafted a guy in the 4th this year that just got arrested and in the first last year that couldn't even make it through a calendar year on NFL rosters. And the Houston Texans have literally zero path to success because their star QB is being accused of 22 counts of assault.

Taking character risks doesn't always (or usually, or often) pan out. Don't act like it's a simple comparison.

(there are also different types of character risks, but that's a whole different thread)

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:
03 May 2021 18:10
As long as they win enough to raise ticket prices theyre good.
Why is the front office doing that, exactly? I frankly wanna know why. Why ticket prices of all things?

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Also, it has been well established that a lot of people, given the choice, don't want to play in a small, cold, Wisconsin town and it has nothing to do with anything under the control of the team's front office. So the same dudes that sign cheap to help Brady win Super Bowls may not have been available to us. Just like Rodgers has never, not a single time, successfully recruited a free agent to our team, to my knowledge.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
03 May 2021 18:19
lupedafiasco wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
Facts on facts.
Brady also won 6 Super Bowls with "The Patriot Way" that worried both about character and about winning.

And the Titans drafted a guy in the 4th this year that just got arrested and in the first last year that couldn't even make it through a calendar year on NFL rosters. And the Houston Texans have literally zero path to success because their star QB is being accused of 22 counts of assault.

Taking character risks doesn't always (or usually, or often) pan out. Don't act like it's a simple comparison.

(there are also different types of character risks, but that's a whole different thread)
We talking about the same Patriots that employed Aaron Hernandez, deflated balls to win, spied on other teams, brought in AB, brought in Ocho cinco, randy Moss, and other people believed to be unruly in order to win?
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Honestly, this entire conversation is stupid because:
  • The Packers hold Aaron Rodgers' rights for three more seasons and there is nothing he can do about it
  • The team hired the right head coach
  • The Packers have one of the most talented rosters in the league
  • Aaron Rodgers is being an absolute baby
  • Every. Single. Person. defending Rodgers on this forum is both predictable AND has the same whiny, entitled mentality that he has, wanting desperately for the team to win the WAY they (amateur non-personnel people) want to while ignoring how much the team has won and how well the team has been built. Every one. There is not a shred of new evidence, opinion, or insight by any of you; none
So moving forward, what do you want? Do you want Rodgers traded? Do you want to win a Super Bowl? What trades would you accept? Why should the team release the rights to the most valuable asset in football when they hold them entirely for three more years? Tell me what's next, because this b.s. "I didn't like the Packers draft last year or Ted Thompson's 2015 draft, so Rodgers deserves to blow up the team" crap is only 4 days old and it's already been going on a year too long.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Terry Bradshaw nails it, strangely enough
Terry Bradshaw on Aaron Rodgers: “Him being upset shows me how weak he is”
The new TB12’s experiences in Tampa surely have influenced the desire of Aaron Rodgers to find a new football team. The original TB12 has some thoughts on the matter.

“With him being that upset shows me how weak he is,” Hall of Fame quarterback Terry Bradshaw said Monday in an appearance with Moose and Maggie on WFAN. “Who the hell cares who you draft? I meant, he’s a three-time MVP in the league and he’s worried about this guy they drafted last year at number one? . . . And for him to be upset, my God, I don’t understand that. Pittsburgh drafted Mark Malone number one, Cliff Stoudt in the third or fourth round. I had them coming at me from all angles. I embraced it, because when we went to practice, I wasn’t worried about those guys. You know? They didn’t scare me a bit. So I don’t understand why he’s so upset at Green Bay.

“And then if they fire the General Manager he’ll come back? Are you kidding me? Really? Aaron, that’s where this is?”

So what would Bradshaw do?

“He’s what I’d do,” Bradshaw said. “I wouldn’t budge. Let him gripe. Let him cry. Retire. You’re 38. Go ahead and retire. See you later. I mean, I’m really strong about stuff like that, and it makes him look weak. In my way of looking at it, it makes him look weak.”

Marc Malusis then asked Bradshaw whether he thought that it was an empty threat from Rodgers.

“I hadn’t thought of it like that,” Bradshaw said, “but call him on it.”

Bradshaw then said he didn’t believe it’s an empty threat, but he went back and forth on the possibility before reiterating his bottom-line belief: Call him on it.

That seems to be what the Packers will do. By retiring, Rodgers would be forced to repay $23 million in unearned signing bonus money, and he’s also lose the $6.8 million roster bonus he earned earlier in the offseason. Likewise, he’d give up the $14.7 million base salary he’s due to earn this year. That’s $44.5 million — and Jeopardy! doesn’t pay close to that amount.

Rodgers also would give up one of the remaining seasons of football that he can play before Father Time inevitably whacks Rodgers over the head with that big-ass hourglass. So that’s really the question Rodgers needs to ask himself. Is he so determined to get out of Green Bay that he’d not only five up $44.5 million, but also would never play football again?