Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
04 May 2021 14:13
Acrobat wrote:
04 May 2021 14:00
I agree but with one note. Rodgers isn't popular among all of his peers. I could see more and more bad press coming out about him, not even dished out by the Packers, but by former teammates, girlfriends, his family, etc. Aaron is very aware and concerned about his self image and will only be able to stomach so much bad press before he gives in too and wants to again look like the good guy.
Actually that's not a bad strategy. Get his brother, his parents, and Olivia Munn in front of some cameras or whispering to the right media folk.
It would seem to me that he would care about his image right now as he wants to be the jeopardy host. That is a pretty milque toast gig it would seem. Dont they want a host with a firestorm and bad press swirling around him.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
I agree but with one note. Rodgers isn't popular among all of his peers. I could see more and more bad press coming out about him, not even dished out by the Packers, but by former teammates, girlfriends, his family, etc. Aaron is very aware and concerned about his self image and will only be able to stomach so much bad press before he gives in too and wants to again look like the good guy.
Actually that's not a bad strategy. Get his brother, his parents, and Olivia Munn in front of some cameras or whispering to the right media folk.
Problem is Rodgers has someone in his back pocket who will never stop defending Rodgers and will scream so loud, so long and never stop that the media and American public will forget what the conversation was even first about anyways.

His real name is currently unknown (fortunately for the Packers), but his location is in the upper peninsula of Michigan. And if the Rodgers camp gets ahold of him....it's game over for literally the entire Packers Front Office.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
04 May 2021 14:23
Problem is Rodgers has someone in his back pocket who will never stop defending Rodgers and will scream so loud, so long and never stop that the media and American public will forget what the conversation was even first about anyways.

His real name is currently unknown (fortunately for the Packers), but his location is in the upper peninsula of Michigan. And if the Rodgers camp gets ahold of him....it's game over for literally the entire Packers Front Office.
Ok, but I thought you were talking about Steven A Smith.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
04 May 2021 14:02
BSA wrote:
04 May 2021 13:57
NCF wrote:
04 May 2021 13:53
Who blinks first?
The Packers
- because Rodgers has an agent and can create a media &%$@... while the Packers can't/won't fight back and won't sully themselves in a public battle. He can rip on GB with impunity, the Packers can't return serve.
GB isnt NY tho in terms of a media circus. Many people in Pressers will probably be pro the org throughout the process. It will be about finding somewhat compentent QB play and how strong Lafleur can be in keeping the players focused on getting better each day and the main thing.

If the Packers start out 0-8 with no rodgers then Gutey prolly gets fired and Rodgers may walk back through that door..but other than that I mean everyone would expect the team to be worse without him as we see if he comes back at any point or we get ready to get a haul for him in 2021.
most players past and present with enough applume will side with Rodgers, and the retired ones often have some grudges, obviously if it came to mud slinging he'd round up every voice he could muster to spout there little tid bits of revenge against the owners and obviously Packer management, they'll bring up all the stuff that I have that doesn't look very competent, and think what you may but we sure as hell don't want that, nothing good comes from airing dirty laundry, best then just to divorce yourself from the player, send him packing imho.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

go pak go wrote:
04 May 2021 14:23
YoHoChecko wrote:
Acrobat wrote:

Uh oh...could that be...my dad! :shock:
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Demovsky saying that there is less than a 5% chance Rodgers plays for GB again. Apparently AR talked up Kumerow and less than 24 hours later the GM cut him, and Rodgers then decided he was done with the GM.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Yeah, Kumerow was such a need that we only made it to the NFC championship game with a #1 offense.

If that was part of his problem, good riddance to Rodgers.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

TheGreenMan wrote:
04 May 2021 15:53
Yeah, Kumerow was such a need that we only made it to the NFC championship game with a #1 offense.

Teds job for life ( literally) same for McCarthy and Capers, no WR's taken in first 3 rounds for 6 years, no first round offensive players for a decade, didn't seem to bother him as much as cutting a buddy, loyalty like that is hard to find :lol:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Cancelled by the forum elites.

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

Reading the posts here and thinking about this situation is really confusing. I have always liked Rodgers despite his peculiar nature. However, while I do believe the organization does share blame in all of this, I simply do not understand Rodger's attitude and handling of this situation. His handling of all of this reminds me of junior high school students. What kind of a man has others intimate things and start rumors and won't stand up and make his feelings known? Not only is that unprofessional, it's extremely immature. He has always been passive-aggressive in dealing with his feelings, but he has taken it to a whole new level. For him to not speak to the issues with Tirico and to say he loves Green Bay and Packers fans is a load of BS. If he really had any concern for Packer fans he would not act as he has.

I have no idea how this will play out, but I have very little faith that Rodgers will ever play for the Packers again. I just haven't seen anything in Rodger's past that shows he is able to admit anything he does is wrong or forgive anyone he feels has slighted him. He displays many symptoms of baseline personality disorder. I'm not sure a lot of fans will ever be able to forgive him unless he apologizes and is willing to rejoin the team. He may have already crossed a line of no return.

I was really looking forward to the possibilities of the coming season. Without Rodgers, I have little faith in the Packer's chances. I have no idea how good or bad Love will eventually be, but I don't believe he will be any good this year. Certainly not good enough to lead the team anywhere great.

I really don't like the precedent of trading, which essentially gives him what he wants. What's to stop other players from pulling a similar stunt in the future. But, I guess the Packers will be forced to get what they can for him in a trade.

This all just really sucks!

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

TheGreenMan wrote:

I don't think it was Kumerow's skills per se that was the issue to Rodgers. I think it was more the fact that he had just talked publicly about how well Kumerow was playing.

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

YoHoChecko wrote:
04 May 2021 13:13
That was TT's flaw. I love his scouting and evaluation. I love his strategy and approach. I know he genuinely tried to acquire far more players than he actually did. And I can guarantee that all the weird "ego" rumors that swirled around after the Favre fiasco were 100% bunk, as everyone who worked with and knew him completely refutes that, publicly and privately.
But his sense of player value just never adjusted. That was the area in which I'll critique him. All in all, still love the guy. Still think he was a great GM. I even like his 2016 draft when everyone said he'd already lost it. I also know that he was still GM when his cognitive functioning had started to noticeably decline; like I KNOW that from a front office person. They used to try not to give him new information after 2 pm because he didn't retain it as well. So the decision to move on from him was absolutely made too late, and I can't fault him for that at all.
All this. Yes.
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
04 May 2021 15:40
Demovsky saying that there is less than a 5% chance Rodgers plays for GB again. Apparently AR talked up Kumerow and less than 24 hours later the GM cut him, and Rodgers then decided he was done with the GM.
Remember, that next day just so happened to be the day rosters HAD to be cut. If Rodgers talking up Kumerow in a random interview was going to bat for him, then that wasn't enough. Did he go to MLF and plead his case? We probably will never know. But the decision to cut Kumerow was likely done before Rodgers talked him up.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pretty sure the team kept Crosby around after his subpar 2017 and 18 seasons not bc he was the best kicker they could find for the price, but bc he and Rodgers are big buddies.

I agree fully the team has not smoozed him like someone of his nature needs to be smoozed...and you bend the knee and do it bc of his ability.

But I also think they have given him more olive branches than they get credit for.

Also, this whole thing is hilariously laughable if it’s really about Kumerow. Kumerow sucked. Often injured and didn’t help us win anything.

That had to have been like some troll comment that everybody ran with. I mean no way he’s been planning this since we cut kumerow. That would just be insane lol

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

paco wrote:
04 May 2021 17:03
Remember, that next day just so happened to be the day rosters HAD to be cut. If Rodgers talking up Kumerow in a random interview was going to bat for him, then that wasn't enough. Did he go to MLF and plead his case? We probably will never know. But the decision to cut Kumerow was likely done before Rodgers talked him up.
agree-
And it speaks to the lack of communication between AR and Gute. Ted talked to AR frequently in the offseason, AR was Ted's pick and his friend.
Gute does not have that same relationship - either because Brian knows he will be the GM to trade/release Rodgers and didn't want to get close - or because Gute isn't the type to build those relationships with players. Gute is paid to be dispassionate... and maybe he was... and maybe that's part of the problem.

I don't believe a lot of the agent-crap..I don't believe AR wants Gute out. But all that rhetoric is over. That's all in the past.
The Airing of Grievances is over.

Now its time for cooler heads to prevail. Sign a deal, fix the cap, grab some vets and let's go get this thing.

https://youtu.be/ZUYXOM_EJiI
IT. IS. TIME

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Adams has now liked Naglers tweet that said “don’t forget that Gutey cut Nelson”

Now this is kinda getting into soap opera territory but I think we might be seeing multiple players very unhappy with Gute.

His communication skills may just suck. He may make the players feel less than human.

I know I thought it was poor form that tremendous packer Linsley said he never heard any comms from the org about his contract. Not a “thank you but we can’t afford you”. Not a “would you be interested in taking way less” etc etc. Just left in the dark and then left to walk.

Gutey May need to work on his PR skills toward the guys he hires and fires.

Pro football is a business, but great businesses understand relationships.

Chilli
Reactions:

Post by Chilli »

Yoop wrote:
04 May 2021 16:24
TheGreenMan wrote:

Teds job for life ( literally) same for McCarthy and Capers, no WR's taken in first 3 rounds for 6 years, no first round offensive players for a decade, didn't seem to bother him as much as cutting a buddy, loyalty like that is hard to find :lol:
TT rightfully relied on Nelson, Cobb and Adams which gave him leeway to invest high draft picks on defence especially cornerback.

He also built a superb OL so ultimately there was no real reason to focus on the offence early in the draft for a number of years.

Unfortunately he screwed these defensive picks so bad that by the time Gute came in he had no choice but to continue investing on defence. He probably figured (correctly) that he could get by with Adams and some late rounders whilst he fixes the mess TT made. Rodgers is good enough to overcome these limitations.

This explains why we went a long time without drafting a WR in the early rounds. All the media hoohaa over not getting Rodgers weapons is essentially TT's fault, not Gute. However perhaps (with hindsight) we could've addressed the WR shortcoming in free agency but we never did.

Gute has done a great job for the most part fixing our pass rush and coverage. Last year was the first year he was free to focus on offence and we know he actively tried to get a WR for Rodgers but unfortunately they were taken before our pick, we have no real control over that. But then something unique happened, a good QB was falling. Gute is from TT and Wolf school of thought where if you have the chance to draft a good QB you should take it. Due to their success the Packers for the most part drafted in the bottom 3rd of the draft and good QBs always get taken early and any trade up scenarios were always too prohibitive. Love presented a rare opportunity and Gute took it, just as any good GM should.

I would prefer to be in this situation than be in the Patriots situation where all of a sudden they don't have a QB and they're badly positioned in the draft to get a new one. It's better to be proactive rather than reactive as the Patriots have done.

Now could've we handled it better communicating with Rodgers, yes perhaps. But if we did it still wouldn't surprise me if Rodgers found another angle in which to complain.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Why the $%@# does this keep happening to us.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Captain_Ben wrote:
04 May 2021 19:53
No owner. No single person to cuddle the egos.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Captain_Ben wrote:
04 May 2021 19:53
No real owner who does what needs to be done to nip this stuff in the bud before it blows up in public?