Official 2020 Draft Thread - Day 2 - NO SPOILERS!!!

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

British wrote:
24 Apr 2020 19:11
Josh Jones and Ezra Cleveland definitely on my wish list with the WRs. Doubt either last to 62 though.
Yeah, 16 picks until our pick and the collective acceptable fan pick list is probably 3-5 players long

:shock: :thwap: :hide:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Apr 2020 19:09
How do we feel about the TEs?

Is that a too-slow-developing position to enjoy?

I liked Trautman a lot after the Senior or Shrine bowl, but when he ran a 4.8 40, coming from a small school with difficult to assess tape, I slid him down to early Day 3.

I like the idea of a Harrison Bryant move TE. I think I mean Harrison; the short one from Washington, not the tall one from Florida Atlantic or something

We could still get Ezra Cleveland or ILB Logan Wilson. I'd love Wilson.
Unless Gute and company are unhappy with Sternberger I doubt we'll take a TE tonight.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

YoHoChecko wrote:

I liked Trautman a lot after the Senior or Shrine bowl, but when he ran a 4.8 40, coming from a small school with difficult to assess tape, I slid him down to early Day 3.

I like the idea of a Harrison Bryant move TE. I think I mean Harrison; the short one from Washington, not the tall one from Florida Atlantic or something

I'm always for a TE.

I think Claypool could play TE too.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Hamler goes ahead of the other guys. Awesome.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Wow. Was not expecting a WR for Denver.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

WoW, KJ Hamler gone early!

The Broncos have invested a ton of draft capital at WR the past couple years. Courtland Sutton, D. Hamilton, J. Jeudy, KJ Hamler

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Apr 2020 19:13

The Broncos have invested a ton of draft capital at WR the past couple years. Courtland Sutton, D. Hamilton, J. Jeudy, KJ Hamler
They definitely have a nice group of guys going for them.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

TheGreenMan wrote:
24 Apr 2020 19:14
YoHoChecko wrote:

Don't forget Noah Fant as well at TE.
RIP JustJeff

Chilli
Reactions:

Post by Chilli »

Josh Jones isn't particularly a good mover. Lots of teams prefer their OT to have plus movement skills in the first couple of rounds in the draft.

I hope to god we don't draft Erza Cleveland. He may look great on paper and a "fit" for the ZBS but he's not physical. There's no nastiness to his game.
Last edited by Chilli on 24 Apr 2020 19:18, edited 1 time in total.

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Pugger wrote:
24 Apr 2020 19:12
YoHoChecko wrote:

Unless Gute and company are unhappy with Sternberger I doubt we'll take a TE tonight.
None of the TE's available seem to be better prospects than Sternberger anyways.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

paco wrote:
24 Apr 2020 19:16
TheGreenMan wrote:
24 Apr 2020 19:14
YoHoChecko wrote:

Don't forget Noah Fant as well at TE.
Really, really liked Fant going into last year's draft and who I wanted at the top there.

Think the kid is a stud.

Yeah, very talented group of guys.
RIP JustJeff

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Was hoping we were going to take Shenault because he's like 1 of 2 WRs left who I know. Now it's just down to Denzel Mims.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Chilli wrote:
24 Apr 2020 19:17
Josh Jones isn't particularly a good mover. Lots of teams prefer their OT to have plus movement skills in the first couple of rounds in the draft.

I hope to god we don't draft Erza Cleveland. He may look great on paper and a "fit" for the ZBS but he's not physical. There's no nastiness to his game.
I get it, but given that he has a year or two in an NFL weight room and he'll play OT not iOL, I'm ok without nasty. I like it of course, but I'm fine. I hated the idea of him as a first rounder, but moving toward 62, I'm totes fine with him.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Chilli wrote:
24 Apr 2020 19:17

Yeah, plus we've already gone to the Josh Jones well and we know it doesn't work out.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Hunt and now Taylor are 2 3rd day guys on my board that went in round 2...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Half way through Round 2. The board took the hit with the top 2 picks, but otherwise, it has played out pretty well for us. Holding up, yet, for now.

Read More. Post Less.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

I mentioned him in the WR thread, but I think Tulane's Darnell Mooney would be a great late draft pick as well. Fits perfectly.

For this round, I'm for Mims, Claypool, and T. Johnson.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Well I'm pleased, but I'm sorry to the board members who are disappointed.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Apr 2020 19:27
Well I'm pleased, but I'm sorry to the board members who are disappointed.
I'm one of the disappointed. :x
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

TheGreenMan wrote:
24 Apr 2020 19:26
I mentioned him in the WR thread, but I think Tulane's Darnell Mooney would be a great late draft pick as well. Fits perfectly.

For this round, I'm for Mims, Claypool, and T. Johnson.
Yeah, it we go Edwards or Taylor, I definitely want Mooney and a gadget to offset their vanilla nature