Rodgers Reconciliation Solution Thread

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
18 May 2021 13:39
go pak go wrote:
18 May 2021 13:13
Yoop wrote:
18 May 2021 12:26

how long have I complained about Rodgers lacking talent at WR, since 015 and 016, since then we gave him 3 mid rounders that till last year with MVS didn't amount to any real help at all, and every time I complained You brought up Nelson or Cobb when both where a shadow of the prime years.
To this day I think Brian Gutekunsts's worst move as a GM from a personnel standpoint was to release Jordy Nelson early and swap him with Jimmy Graham.

I don't know why people have this narrative that Jordy Nelson was washed up when the data suggests he wasn't. He was really good in 2016 and the first part of 2017. Definitely good enough to be the #2 as Adams started to ascend to that lead role.

This is something I can get behind when bashing the FO. The swap of Graham for Nelson was terrible and stupid.
ehhh, I think Nelson struggled the last 2 years with us, it took him forever to get over the ACL, that his 3rd year was better was like his last hurrah.
But you're wrong. His first year was absolutely his best year after his ACL. 2016 was a very good year for Nelson. He dominated December and January.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:
18 May 2021 12:26

how long have I complained about Rodgers lacking talent at WR, since 015 and 016, since then we gave him 3 mid rounders that till last year with MVS didn't amount to any real help at all, and every time I complained You brought up Nelson or Cobb when both where a shadow of the prime years.
To this day I think Brian Gutekunsts's worst move as a GM from a personnel standpoint was to release Jordy Nelson early and swap him with Jimmy Graham.

I don't know why people have this narrative that Jordy Nelson was washed up when the data suggests he wasn't. He was really good in 2016 and the first part of 2017. Definitely good enough to be the #2 as Adams started to ascend to that lead role.

This is something I can get behind when bashing the FO. The swap of Graham for Nelson was terrible and stupid.
I had no problem moving on from Air Jordy. It was time and his play didn’t justify his pay.

I agree on Graham though. A few had him in mock offseasons but I wasn’t a fan. When we signed him I was excited but I thought it was a massive overpay and really thought he wasn’t a good fit.

The biggest mistake was not realizing the mistake and keeping Graham another year when it was clear he was done and in a LaFleur offense he didn’t fit. Should have just moved on and cut your losses. It’s something Gute has proved to be prone to so far as GM.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
18 May 2021 13:43
Yoop wrote:
18 May 2021 13:39
go pak go wrote:

ehhh, I think Nelson struggled the last 2 years with us, it took him forever to get over the ACL, that his 3rd year was better was like his last hurrah.
But you're wrong. His first year was absolutely his best year after his ACL. 2016 was a very good year for Nelson. He dominated December and January.
he was getting pretty banged up , your right I have the season wrong, he did come back well in 016 but imo he still wasn't the same player.

Date League Injury Details
Nov 11, 2018 NFL Knee Bruise Nelson suffered a right knee bruise in Week 10 and missed the following game.
Dec 23, 2017 NFL Shoulder Nelson sustained an unspecified left shoulder injury in Week 16 against the Vikings and missed the season finale.
Jan 8, 2017 NFL Chest Rib Fracture Nelson fractured multiple ribs in the Wild Card round win over the Giants. He missed the following game but returned for the NFC Championship.
Aug 23, 2015 NFL Knee ACL Tear Grade 3 Nelson tore his right ACL in the 2nd preseason game and missed the rest of the year, including 2 playoff contests. He also sat out the entire 2016 preseason while dealing with tendinitis in the knee.

I remember thinking it's time to replace Jordy, but we never did, as you said he came on the 2nd half of the season, and did end up with 1300 yrds, so you are right, we probably let him go because his body was starting to break down and it's hard to know when that wall will jump up and smack ya down, he fell of the cliff a couple years later.

as Lupe said Graham had a name we all recognized and expected mucho production from, just never really amounted to much. imo MVS, Lazard, Brown etc are players ya hope can be decent #3 or 4 receivers, the only reason they have a higher status here is because we don't have anyone that can take away there snap count, yet.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
18 May 2021 16:52

I remember thinking it's time to replace Jordy, but we never did, as you said he came on the 2nd half of the season, and did end up with 1300 yrds, so you are right, we probably let him go because his body was starting to break down and it's hard to know when that wall will jump up and smack ya down, he fell of the cliff a couple years later.
Yeah. Picking Christian Kirk instead of Josh Jackson would have been nice.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

So, sounds like Aaron Rodgers will speak on Monday and that will be aired on SportsCenter (Kenny Mayne's last show). I expect Aaron to be Aaron and not say too much. Just curious what everyone expects. Will he perpetuate the rumors and draw his line in the sand or downplay the situation as overblown and backpedal towards reconciliation?

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
20 May 2021 08:23
So, sounds like Aaron Rodgers will speak on Monday and that will be aired on SportsCenter (Kenny Mayne's last show). I expect Aaron to be Aaron and not say too much. Just curious what everyone expects. Will he perpetuate the rumors and draw his line in the sand or downplay the situation as overblown and backpedal towards reconciliation?
or downplay the situation as overblown and backpedal towards reconciliation?
I think he is going to do this. I expect Rodgers to be a Packer in 2021 and I expect Monday will be the first step at reconciling that.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

No way he takes this interview just to play coy and not give any news or updates at all right? I mean that would be Rodgers-esque in a forced interview, but no one is making him do this one. If the news is that he is digging in, does he really need to go on SC to tell the world that? Seems like something he could continue to let his mouth pieces in the media share, or go on McAfee to tell the world what he thinks of Gutey.

I, like GPG, predict this will make us feel more positive toward the 2021 QB situation.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
20 May 2021 08:46
NCF wrote:
20 May 2021 08:23
or downplay the situation as overblown and backpedal towards reconciliation?
I think he is going to do this. I expect Rodgers to be a Packer in 2021 and I expect Monday will be the first step at reconciling that.
I agree, I think he will acknowledge some tensions, but downplay them. Then say they are working through it. He got slaughtered in the arena of public opinion, so he needs to do some damage control.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

My crystal ball says Rodgers comes back to GB in 2021.
The story in TC will start being, "why isn't Davante resigned yet?"

Internally I think the Packers team has an understanding this is the last show as something will have to give in the spring 2022.

My hope is the players take advantage and make it a season to remember.

With Davante being a free agent in 2022, he holds off on signing until he knows where Rodgers gets traded. The team obliges with Rodgers and spends big money on Adams.

With the Packers having multiple first picks, the Packers get one of the top 2 WRs in the 22 Draft who will join MVS and Amari Rodgers and internally I will be upset because we are going to have to give up a lot go from pick 32 to a top 10 pick and I would just rather sign Michael Gallup and draft a WR around #15 to #20.

A big piece will depend on the actual draft slot with Denver/Oakland when we trade Rodgers in 2022.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I rarely snoop around other Packer forums for scuttle butt, normally there is enough of that right here, but I broke norm and did so this morning, and the unsubstantiated rumors are endless :rotf:

the best one I saw was this one where Rodgers and Elway where spotted playing golf about a month ago, which sounds pre draft time by some woman thats friends with some guy that knows about football ( Schefter????????) who leaked it to the entire football world :rotf: of course the tampering rules don't apply as there where no pictures of the two together, obviously the woman left her cell phone at home, :thwap:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
20 May 2021 09:06
With Davante being a free agent in 2022, he holds off on signing until he knows where Rodgers gets traded. The team obliges with Rodgers and spends big money on Adams.
For whatever reason, I expect these two pieces to align in 2022. Either they are both back or neither are.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

NCF wrote:
20 May 2021 09:15
go pak go wrote:
20 May 2021 09:06
For whatever reason, I expect these two pieces to align in 2022. Either they are both back or neither are.
So if Rodgers really plays hard ball and doesnt come back, and we get to around week 6 of the season and SB dreams are obviously shattered, and the team knows Adams is going to go take a well deserved fat pay check elsewhere or follow Rodgers...the team should consider trading Adams for loot instead of just letting him walk.

I love 17 so that would be sad, but that would be good business if the 2021 dream is over and we know hes gone after the year.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
20 May 2021 08:55
No way he takes this interview just to play coy and not give any news or updates at all right? I mean that would be Rodgers-esque in a forced interview, but no one is making him do this one. If the news is that he is digging in, does he really need to go on SC to tell the world that? Seems like something he could continue to let his mouth pieces in the media share, or go on McAfee to tell the world what he thinks of Gutey.

I, like GPG, predict this will make us feel more positive toward the 2021 QB situation.
It's Kenny Mayne. The guy literally does sketch comedy. It's going to be funny and he's going to say nothing and later he will defend it by saying he had to do it for his buddy Kenny, it wasn't about the situation witht he Packers (which will be trueish)

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

say what ya will about Rodgers being a diva, a jerk, a spoiled SOB, imo he's still our best bet to win a Lombardi in the next 3 years, and if all it takes is trading Love to get him back on board I'd trade Love for any compensation tomorrow, I'd resign Adams as a show of support, but thats me.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Gotta say, I would have a hard time parting with Adams if Rodgers leaves because a guy like him at WR can make life so much easier for a new QB like Love with how uncoverable and consistently open Adams often is.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
20 May 2021 09:22
So if Rodgers really plays hard ball and doesnt come back, and we get to around week 6 of the season and SB dreams are obviously shattered, and the team knows Adams is going to go take a well deserved fat pay check elsewhere or follow Rodgers...the team should consider trading Adams for loot instead of just letting him walk.
That's actually a really interesting thing to consider. I think it would take a full crash and burn, like 0-6 start or something, but if we did end up in that spot, I think you are right, you'd want to sell.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
20 May 2021 10:12
Drj820 wrote:
20 May 2021 09:22
That's actually a really interesting thing to consider. I think it would take a full crash and burn, like 0-6 start or something, but if we did end up in that spot, I think you are right, you'd want to sell.
If week 6 was chosen randomly, carry on; if it was chosen because of the trade deadline, that has been moved back to week 9 or so.

At which point without Rodgers we'll be 4-5 or 5-4 and he'll come back and win us the Super Bowl :mrgreen:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
20 May 2021 10:39
If week 6 was chosen randomly, carry on; if it was chosen because of the trade deadline, that has been moved back to week 9 or so.
It was not random and I do recall that now. The point remains the same, though.

Read More. Post Less.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

I think Rodgers will say enough to do whatever makes himself look the best. He's not going to trash GB but he will throw in passive aggressive digs at them for drafting Love, but he'll also probably say something like "I hope it all works out best for all parties involved" and then the media will spend the next week dissecting his comments and drawing conclusions out of them.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
20 May 2021 09:47
Gotta say, I would have a hard time parting with Adams if Rodgers leaves because a guy like him at WR can make life so much easier for a new QB like Love with how uncoverable and consistently open Adams often is.
I don't think the Packers and their money will have much of a say in that by that time.
Yoop wrote: