Rodgers Reconciliation Solution Thread

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
20 May 2021 11:55
Labrev wrote:
20 May 2021 09:47
Gotta say, I would have a hard time parting with Adams if Rodgers leaves because a guy like him at WR can make life so much easier for a new QB like Love with how uncoverable and consistently open Adams often is.
I don't think the Packers and their money will have much of a say in that by that time.
Oh ya if the Packers can resign Adams I 100% want to, and I will be mad if we don’t try!

My hypothetical is based around it looking like he chooses to go elsewhere and Rodgers is already gone or sitting.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
20 May 2021 12:20
Oh ya if the Packers can resign Adams I 100% want to, and I will be mad if we don’t try!
I mean the bad news is that we already HAVE been trying. I don't know if talks are ongoing, but talks were occurring right after the season.

I was (/still am a little) hoping the team would use a big extension for Adams as enticement to Rodgers to show him we're for real here.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
20 May 2021 12:29
Drj820 wrote:
20 May 2021 12:20
I mean the bad news is that we already HAVE been trying. I don't know if talks are ongoing, but talks were occurring right after the season.

I was (/still am a little) hoping the team would use a big extension for Adams as enticement to Rodgers to show him we're for real here.
Adams is playing on a big discount right now for how great I consider him to be. If he leaves, I don’t blame him. Just hope we Can win something while he is here, with 12.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
20 May 2021 13:28
Adams is playing on a big discount right now for how great I consider him to be. If he leaves, I don’t blame him. Just hope we Can win something while he is here, with 12.
He will definitely become the second-highest paid WR upon signing. Hopkins 2-year deal upon arriving in Arizona is just stupid money--$27M a year--which I think was a new money/new year calculation on an extension of his existing contract made because the new team didn't have any prorated bonus hit. So normal circumstances, no one will touch that. Julio is next down at $22M/year. But Adams is definitely going to top all the regular deals when he signs, whoever he signs with.
  • Rodgers was #1 in new money/new years when we signed him, since passed by Mahomes, Dak, Watson, and Wilson
  • Bakh was #1 in new money/new years when he signed it, since passed (by a hair) by Trent Williams
  • Adams will be #2 new money/new years when he signs.
  • I think Clark was #3 in new money/new years when he signed (behind Donald and Buckner) and was shortly passed by Chris Jones and Leonard Williams
  • Zadarius was top 10 when he signed, but is now down to 11th
We have an expeennnnsive roster

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
20 May 2021 13:39
Drj820 wrote:
20 May 2021 13:28
He will definitely become the second-highest paid WR upon signing. Hopkins 2-year deal upon arriving in Arizona is just stupid money--$27M a year--which I think was a new money/new year calculation on an extension of his existing contract made because the new team didn't have any prorated bonus hit. So normal circumstances, no one will touch that. Julio is next down at $22M/year. But Adams is definitely going to top all the regular deals when he signs, whoever he signs with.
  • Rodgers was #1 in new money/new years when we signed him, since passed by Mahomes, Dak, Watson, and Wilson
  • Bakh was #1 in new money/new years when he signed it, since passed (by a hair) by Trent Williams
  • Adams will be #2 new money/new years when he signs.
  • I think Clark was #3 in new money/new years when he signed (behind Donald and Buckner) and was shortly passed by Chris Jones and Leonard Williams
  • Zadarius was top 10 when he signed, but is now down to 11th
We have an expeennnnsive roster
I see that list and thank wow, Ted Thompson left us some cookies in the cookie jar before he left!

Most of these guys are on their third contract. It is time and acceptable for them to cash out and get paid. We feel a crunch to keep all these guys because of some bad drafts. Having to pay expensive players is the cost of not drafting well. But Gutey has left us a couple cookies too that will be paid like blue chips in Jenkins and Jaire.

I just see that list and think of the importance of drafting solid cheap players around those expensive awesome players...and then I think...”Well done Ted, thanks.”

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I actually think the best way to have a good team is not to necessarily draft well so you don't have to keep so many high end players, but rather you actually get the high quality play back from your high end players.

The Packers have been really good at getting that the past two years until the NFC Title game.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
20 May 2021 18:32
I actually think the best way to have a good team is not to necessarily draft well so you don't have to keep so many high end players, but rather you actually get the high quality play back from your high end players.

The Packers have been really good at getting that the past two years until the NFC Title game.
Well I also think in order to win you need your best players to play well, I was just saying that the Packers traditionally seem to let guys test the market in their third contract, that’s usually a players 7th or 8th year in the league...by the time a blue chipper prices themselves out of the Packers market you better hope we have drafted well enough to replace them or we either start to stink or are forced to pay more than we are used to and go to cap hell.

Then my next point was just if you are lucky enough to have so many High end players, you need to draft cheap solid guys to play around them because you won’t have much money to go buy talent in FA while you pay the high end guys what they deserve for their services.

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

go pak go wrote:
18 May 2021 11:58
This entire forum was not happy about the Love pick or honestly even the Dillon pick last year save for a very small minority (I honestly can't think of one). This board was an angry place when it happened. You just had some people who were able to compartmentalize the pick, see why the pick was made and move on. You also have those that support the player because he is a Packer.
I think there was a significant number (though perhaps it was just me!) willing to accept that the Love pick had a great deal of similarities to the Rodgers pick several years ago, and therefore the management can have a pass on that one. I've always reckoned that in the first round, you're trying (and most probably failing because the odds are poor) to sign a Hall of Famer, and if that Hall of Famer has a 10-year career but this year isn't one of them - who cares?

Was Rodgers a bad pick? Of course not. If Love does what Rodgers did, will he be a bad pick? Of course not. How's it going? Far too early to tell.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

dsr wrote:
21 May 2021 08:25
go pak go wrote:
18 May 2021 11:58
This entire forum was not happy about the Love pick or honestly even the Dillon pick last year save for a very small minority (I honestly can't think of one). This board was an angry place when it happened. You just had some people who were able to compartmentalize the pick, see why the pick was made and move on. You also have those that support the player because he is a Packer.
I think there was a significant number (though perhaps it was just me!) willing to accept that the Love pick had a great deal of similarities to the Rodgers pick several years ago, and therefore the management can have a pass on that one. I've always reckoned that in the first round, you're trying (and most probably failing because the odds are poor) to sign a Hall of Famer, and if that Hall of Famer has a 10-year career but this year isn't one of them - who cares?

Was Rodgers a bad pick? Of course not. If Love does what Rodgers did, will he be a bad pick? Of course not. How's it going? Far too early to tell.
Exactly.

If there is one thing we have learned the Packers do, it is they swing for the fences on their first rounders. They pick players with huge ceilings at premium positions.

It's honestly why the Packers often do better in Round 2 because they take more team-need and safer picks like WRs, Interior Offensive Line and RBs. But the Packers absolutely swing for the fences on their first pick at premium positions.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I ran across this today, not sure if it was ever linked here before, but it goes into detail about Lafluers version of the Shanahan WS scheme, lots of deception, multi options from the same pre set looks, interesting, it's design has improved the play of every QB thats played in it, obviously Rodgers shares some credit for making it work so well last year for us, but it sounds very user friendly for any decent QB, complex obviously with all the play options.

old article, but with our unknown situation at QB, food for thought.

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sport ... 860523001/