Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BSA wrote:
26 May 2021 10:55
YoHoChecko wrote:
26 May 2021 10:45
The winning is secondary.
I disagree vehemently and with great fervor. :mrgreen:
This entire episode ( and Russell Wilson's too) was fomented by Brady going to TB and winning after their front office catered to everything Brady wanted. Including pulling Antonio Brown out of jail and signing him. Rodgers has said many times, that a players' legacy is created in the playoffs/title games. He wants another Ring and he wants to be sure the Packers are aligned AND that they will do what he wants to achieve that goal- same as in Tampa. "Tommy always gets what he wants, why don't I ?"

If TB loses to GB or KC, much of this never happens.
Again with the Antonio Brown thing.

Rodgers needs to look in the mirror or Brown wanted to play in warm weather.
Despite some of the most concerning allegations you’ll ever see hanging on the end of his resume, Antonio Brown’s talent meant that teams were lining up to sign him once his suspension elapsed. While Tom Brady and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers eventually “won” the sweepstakes, Brown was almost paired up with Aaron Rodgers on the Green Bay Packers.

Adam Schefter confirmed on Pat McAfee’s show that the Packers did make a call to Brown as his suspension was close to being lifted, but nothing ever materialized.
https://fansided.com/2020/11/02/packers ... tom-brady/
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
26 May 2021 11:14
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:07
YoHoChecko wrote:
26 May 2021 11:01

Oh certainly TO THE PLAYOFFS. But championships? Nah. I think he feels he has nothing to prove and any additional jewelry is gravy on top of a great career of being the best.
come on Yoho, I don't even think you believe that? Rodgers was practically in tears last year, same in 014, same in 011, if anything Rodgers might want to win so badly he makes it harder for himself to do so.
No, I really do believe it. I don't view it as the indicnment that many here seem to think.

Look, if Rodgers wants to win a Super Bowl, his best chance is with Green Bay. The scheme familiarity, the roster, the personnel familiarity, the recent success...

That he wants to leave Green Bay over people problems is a clear indication that there are things he cares more about than winning.

Rodgers was very happy last year with his teammates and his coaches and his performance. Rodgers is happier when he's winning. And Rodgers WANTS to win Super Bowls. But what he cares more about is maintaining that happiness; maintaining his day-to-day existence in an organization where he feels valued.

Again, Vegas and Denver are NOT the best rosters if he wants to win. (They're also not particularly close to the west coast, but bygones). The places Rodgers is interested in appeal to him for reasons other than the roster and the coaching staff and the chances of winning a Super Bowl. Like, that doesn't even seem in dispute. I don't even see how anyone can disagree with it, given what we know.

Aaron Rodgers wants to be happy. He values his inner peace and his day to day enjoyment and his sense of dignity more than he values a Super Bowl. If that wasn't true, he'd be at OTAs right now.
I could not agree with this more.

I believe the reason people can't buy it is because they project their desires onto what they feel Rodgers desires most of all. TB12 and AR12 are wired differently.
Last edited by go pak go on 26 May 2021 11:23, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Gunzaan wrote:
26 May 2021 11:04
YoHoChecko wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
26 May 2021 10:41

Yep which is why I think he'll be back.
Honestly, I think it's safe to say right now...

Rodgers doesn't care that much about winning. I mean, he has a LOT more fun when he's winning. But have you noticed it hasn't come up at ALL?

Like none of the leaks; nothing he said on Kenny Mayne... the media talks about whether or not he can contend... but the teams he's looking at: Denver and Vegas? They're not elite teams waiting for a QB (Denver moreso, but still) and they play the best team in the conference twice a year. The terms they are talking about is Rodgers having more control, being treated more like a person, and being closer to the west coast so his fiance's career and Jeopardy aspirations are maximally attended to.

Not a single time has "Rodgers wants to win a ring" been in the broader conversation about this situation.

I say this without judgment. People have different priorities. Rodgers wants to be happy and have fun and live closer to his girlfriend and feel like the team's management pays him the "proper" amount of respect and humanity. The winning is secondary.
This may be a side tangent but it’s being brought up: that he could be doing this for his “fiancé.” That just can’t be true - this is the guy who dropped his family like a bad habit and it’s well known that he is a homosexual - his relationship history is as obvious a cover up as Tom Cruise’s is.

The reason I bring this up? Let’s call a spade a spade. He would be doing it for himself and absolutely no one else.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
Gunzaan wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

Honestly, I think it's safe to say right now...

Rodgers doesn't care that much about winning. I mean, he has a LOT more fun when he's winning. But have you noticed it hasn't come up at ALL?

Like none of the leaks; nothing he said on Kenny Mayne... the media talks about whether or not he can contend... but the teams he's looking at: Denver and Vegas? They're not elite teams waiting for a QB (Denver moreso, but still) and they play the best team in the conference twice a year. The terms they are talking about is Rodgers having more control, being treated more like a person, and being closer to the west coast so his fiance's career and Jeopardy aspirations are maximally attended to.

Not a single time has "Rodgers wants to win a ring" been in the broader conversation about this situation.

I say this without judgment. People have different priorities. Rodgers wants to be happy and have fun and live closer to his girlfriend and feel like the team's management pays him the "proper" amount of respect and humanity. The winning is secondary.
This may be a side tangent but it’s being brought up: that he could be doing this for his “fiancé.” That just can’t be true - this is the guy who dropped his family like a bad habit and it’s well known that he is a homosexual - his relationship history is as obvious a cover up as Tom Cruise’s is.

The reason I bring this up? Let’s call a spade a spade. He would be doing it for himself and absolutely no one else.
I literally cannot stop laughing. And I found my new Signature Line. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
26 May 2021 11:24
Yoop wrote:
Gunzaan wrote:

I literally cannot stop laughing. And I found my new Signature Line. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
who wrote that??? :rotf:

Rodgers doesn't like anyone but himself, thats why he would sabatoge his future taking a stand for his team mates, ffs
that doesn't even make sense in pastense.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

If this “protest” or whatever it is that has kept the packers top 5 WRs away from OTAs is any kind of “solidarity” showing for Rodgers or whatever, it’s a bad sign for love and where the players stand on this issue. The WRs skipping is actively hurting Loves chances at success in 2021.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:10
Gunzaan wrote:
26 May 2021 11:06
Yoop wrote:

why say something like that, Brady played ona short coast offensive scheme for his last 10 years at NE, that in itself produces guys like Brady, do you think Brady was a s good as Rodgers was last year? no way.
That offensive scheme produces guys like Brady? Ummmmmm, no. There is only one Brady and he is the most accomplished QB of all time and it isn’t even close.
thats a bunch of horse manure, the Shanahan system witch dates back to prior Brady is known to produce great QB's, the reason Brady stands out is because he was always in it, your going off of playoff wins to form your opinion.
And this is why I can’t take you seriously. Good bye.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
26 May 2021 11:34
If this “protest” or whatever it is that has kept the packers top 5 WRs away from OTAs is any kind of “solidarity” showing for Rodgers or whatever, it’s a bad sign for love and where the players stand on this issue. The WRs skipping is actively hurting Loves chances at success in 2021.
I agree; this concerns me on multiple levels; some having to do with the Rodgers drama, some not. MLF said he talked to each player individually and none of them mentioned that it was a coordinated position group effort, but it was a fairly underwhelming response

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
26 May 2021 11:36
Drj820 wrote:
26 May 2021 11:34
I agree; this concerns me on multiple levels; some having to do with the Rodgers drama, some not. MLF said he talked to each player individually and none of them mentioned that it was a coordinated position group effort, but it was a fairly underwhelming response
No way they would tell him the truth about that, or he would tell us what was really said. That was Lafleur being a good soldier and putting out smoke from an incoming bonfire.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Gunzaan wrote:
26 May 2021 11:35
Yoop wrote:
Gunzaan wrote:

That offensive scheme produces guys like Brady? Ummmmmm, no. There is only one Brady and he is the most accomplished QB of all time and it isn’t even close.
thats a bunch of horse manure, the Shanahan system witch dates back to prior Brady is known to produce great QB's, the reason Brady stands out is because he was always in it, your going off of playoff wins to form your opinion.
And the laughter continues. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Gunzaan wrote:
26 May 2021 11:35
Yoop wrote:
Gunzaan wrote:

no blem, I quit taking you serious 5 years ago, and you know why
Last edited by Yoop on 26 May 2021 14:20, edited 1 time in total.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Every player in the league thinks Gutey was out of pocket

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
26 May 2021 12:48
Every player in the league thinks Gutey was out of pocket
I think we ALL agree that the Packers should have communicated to Rodgers the possibility of a QB being selected (even though it clearly was not their first preference, it definitely was on the radar). And we all think that even in the harried on-the-clock timeline, Rodgers should have heard from the team before hearing from his agent in a text message "It's a QB"

The issue is whether or not that offense rises to the level of consternation and retribution that Rodgers is seeking. I think this reaction is a clear overreach and overreaction. Others don't think so.

I also think that people who follow the league as a whole and not the Packers specifically are of the belief that the Packers front office has been holding Rodgers back and this is the icing on the cake or the straw that breaks the camel's back, when in reality, a plain and objective chronology of events shows that this front office has been lifting the team and Rodgers' career over the past 3 seasons rather than the opposite. So if you view the Love pick as the cherry on a crap sundae, your reaction is different than if you view it as a deviation from an otherwise steady trajectory of moves toward improving Rodgers' chances at success.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah if that is all it really is it took the team telling Aaron, "hey. this is a deep WR class and we have about 5 guys we really like and hope one of them falls and are willing to make a move to get one if one of them falls enough. But if not, we will need to keep our options open on how the board lands including looking at quarterback"

If that's all it took...I can't see why the org didn't bring that up to Rodgers.

Having said all that, overall I still think this narrative is being pushed because it is attractive to say, "the Packers held Rodgers back" when that was really only the case from 2015 - 2018.

Three miracle throws in 2015. A 6 game stretchin 2016 and the Packers continuing to being garbage in 2017 and 2018 is driving the Rodgers narrative far too much. Even though absolutely those years the Packers were garbage.

But it doesn't take away the Packers were a legit contender from 2010 - 2014 (5 seasons) and 2019 - 2020. I mean 7 of 11 seasons of being at least a top 3 conference team if not better is not holding anyone back.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I mean even Gutey acknowledged there are aspects of the communication regarding that which he should have done better. And when asked about communication from the personnel side to the player and coaching side yesterday, MLF said that the communication has really improved and gotten better as they've grown together and that it is very good and conversations happen daily. But in discussing its current status while also mentioning the growing process it necessarily indicates that it was at some point in the past not as good.

First time GM; first time HC; growing pains happened. We all know that

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I think someone like Alex smith coming out as strong as he just did for Rodgers and against the org and saying what they did was “inexcusable” is meaningful. I think Smith is not nearly as good as Rodgers and didn’t mean nearly as much to the chiefs as Rodgers does to the Packers and him saying “oh they kept me in the loop every step of the way” really shows how big of a mistake young Gutey made. Even the bears told Andy Dalton what they were trying to do. Yet Gutey, well he doesn’t usually run this kind of stuff by “the player”.

I’m not saying Rodgers is in the right...I’m saying the vast majority of veteran players seem to not blame him and seem to agree with his stance. I think that’s meaningful when looking at how much of a mess Guteys missteps have created.

They know he was out of pocket. Maybe a simple acknowledgment isn’t gonna be enough.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
26 May 2021 13:02
They know he was out of pocket. Maybe a simple acknowledgment isn’t gonna be enough.
I agree; the acknowledgement is only a first step.

I genuinely, truly think that Gutey has to get out there and make himself vulnerable and accountable to the entire team and show them steps he is taking to improve communication and make sure to recognize the humanity in the players. There are a number of approaches to take for that, and I dunno which one strikes the right balance. But he needs to do/say something to everyone

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
26 May 2021 13:11
Drj820 wrote:
26 May 2021 13:02
I agree; the acknowledgement is only a first step.

I genuinely, truly think that Gutey has to get out there and make himself vulnerable and accountable to the entire team and show them steps he is taking to improve communication and make sure to recognize the humanity in the players. There are a number of approaches to take for that, and I dunno which one strikes the right balance. But he needs to do/say something to everyone
Agreed. Rodgers is just gonna twist the knife on him potentially to the point where he is unemployable in the future. He has 2 options: make sure Love turns into a HOFer, or really get vulnerable and get on his knees because right now Rodgers, Adams, Amos, respected vets around the league, and apparently the packers top 5 WRs all think he committed a pretty unforgivable sin.

That said, I still think Gutey is somewhat of a puppet and Mark Murphy is far more to blame in all this than the heat he is catching. He wanted to be alpha dog, wasn’t gonna allow it to be “the player”.

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Seriously Aaron is acting like a 13 year old girl over this "situation". A lack of reaching out to him while the team is in the middle of the draft, an effort that is planned for way beyond any game that requires their absolute focus once underway, is such a sin that he's willing to blow up the team, and the remainder of his career, over. What?

His reaction is so far beyond unreasonable that the question we should be asking is if he needs help. Like real serious mental help. Maybe he's picked up a painkiller habit he's been able to keep quiet.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
26 May 2021 12:53
I also think that people who follow the league as a whole and not the Packers specifically are of the belief that the Packers front office has been holding Rodgers back and this is the icing on the cake or the straw that breaks the camel's back, when in reality, a plain and objective chronology of events shows that this front office has been lifting the team and Rodgers' career over the past 3 seasons rather than the opposite. So if you view the Love pick as the cherry on a crap sundae, your reaction is different than if you view it as a deviation from an otherwise steady trajectory of moves toward improving Rodgers' chances at success.
see I doubt Rodgers feels this way, I don't, we havn't drafted a ready to play WR in 6 years till this year with Amari Rodgers, all the rest where and some still are no better then # 3 or 4 options, heck two years ago we had to rely on Jones to be our#2 target, Ted could not refocus from taking defensive players, and Guty ( in Rodgers eye) seemed determined not to take a receiver till Rodgers blew this place up just before the draft, I've never bought into the excuse that we couldn't find a trade partner to move up and take one of the top 5 instead of moving up to take Love, and I doubt any one outside of this room believes it either, no one I know thats for sure.

I still hope this fence can be mended, but less so now then before, course I don't have much to go on accept the evasive messages from Rodgers, which are so vague it's impossible to read into it, and the FO holding out a welcome sign, of we lub you Aaron, which really means we own your as s, play or pay, your choice, so to me it still seems like a stand off.