Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Waldo wrote:
26 May 2021 14:31
Seriously Aaron is acting like a 13 year old girl over this "situation". A lack of reaching out to him while the team is in the middle of the draft, an effort that is planned for way beyond any game that requires their absolute focus once underway, is such a sin that he's willing to blow up the team, and the remainder of his career, over. What?

His reaction is so far beyond unreasonable that the question we should be asking is if he needs help. Like real serious mental help. Maybe he's picked up a painkiller habit he's been able to keep quiet.
I wouldnt be surprised if hes become addicted to advil or something. I too experience significant headaches because of this team.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
26 May 2021 14:52
Waldo wrote:
26 May 2021 14:31
Seriously Aaron is acting like a 13 year old girl over this "situation". A lack of reaching out to him while the team is in the middle of the draft, an effort that is planned for way beyond any game that requires their absolute focus once underway, is such a sin that he's willing to blow up the team, and the remainder of his career, over. What?

His reaction is so far beyond unreasonable that the question we should be asking is if he needs help. Like real serious mental help. Maybe he's picked up a painkiller habit he's been able to keep quiet.
I wouldnt be surprised if hes become addicted to advil or something. I too experience significant headaches because of this team.
:rotf: :rotf: thats probably it :rotf:

he looked to be in possession of all of his faculty's doing Jeopardy, Advil :rotf:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yoop wrote:
see I doubt Rodgers feels this way, I don't, we havn't drafted a ready to play WR in 6 years till this year with Amari Rodgers, all the rest where and some still are no better then # 3 or 4 options, heck two years ago we had to rely on Jones to be our#2 target, Ted could not refocus from taking defensive players, and Guty ( in Rodgers eye) seemed determined not to take a receiver till Rodgers blew this place up just before the draft, I've never bought into the excuse that we couldn't find a trade partner to move up and take one of the top 5 instead of moving up to take Love, and I doubt any one outside of this room believes it either, no one I know thats for sure.
But that's the thing. People are viewing the team's commitment to Rodgers through its dedication or lack thereof to the WR2 position.

But the team helped Rodgers by giving him a better defense, offensive line, and running game. That has been the go-to "get some help for your QB" for decades, actually. I even made a post about it years ago referencing the end of Elway's era. You want to help an aging QB win, you get him a friendly offensive scheme, a baller running game, and hold opposing points down. That translates directly to a QB's wins and success.

And given that the QB's stats and the team's wins have monumentally improved year by year under this regime, it is WORKING. It is literally factually incorrect to state otherwise. The QB on this team did not change. The GM changed, the coach changed, and the number of star players scattered around the field on both sides of the ball changed. Rodgers has a TON of help directly by the hands of the current team management.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

The roster went to complete trash for a while, but it’s not trash anymore. Credit to Ted Thompson for drafting some cornerstone pieces on his way out, a couple nice selections from Gute, and some good selecting from the waiver wire bargain bin. The roster is no longer a problem.

However, maybe the DC hire is or hiring from within on the worst ST unit in the league.

It really is probably just that Murphy and Gutey have treated Rodgers like a UDFA and he knows they plan to caste him aside as road kill and he wants the final word in his future, ñot them.

We may think he is acting like a child. He probably is. But it should be noted many veteran players seem to have sympathy for his situation and seem to agree with the stand he is taking.

When you lose Alex Smith, you need some course corrections.

What we see as just something that Rodgers should get over, many in the league see exactly why he is upset.
Last edited by Drj820 on 26 May 2021 15:24, edited 1 time in total.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
26 May 2021 15:09

But that's the thing. People are viewing the team's commitment to Rodgers through its dedication or lack thereof to the WR2 position.
Everyone 2011 - 2016: Packers don't give Rodgers a run game or a defense! They are holding Rodgers back!

Packers gives Rodgers a defense and a running game.

Everyone 2019 - 2020: Packers don't give Rodgers a #2 WR!
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
Yoop wrote:
see I doubt Rodgers feels this way, I don't, we havn't drafted a ready to play WR in 6 years till this year with Amari Rodgers, all the rest where and some still are no better then # 3 or 4 options, heck two years ago we had to rely on Jones to be our#2 target, Ted could not refocus from taking defensive players, and Guty ( in Rodgers eye) seemed determined not to take a receiver till Rodgers blew this place up just before the draft, I've never bought into the excuse that we couldn't find a trade partner to move up and take one of the top 5 instead of moving up to take Love, and I doubt any one outside of this room believes it either, no one I know thats for sure.

But the team helped Rodgers by giving him a better defense, offensive line, and running game. That has been the go-to "get some help for your QB" for decades, actually. I even made a post about it years ago referencing the end of Elway's era. You want to help an aging QB win, you get him a friendly offensive scheme, a baller running game, and hold opposing points down. That translates directly to a QB's wins and success.

And given that the QB's stats and the team's wins have monumentally improved year by year under this regime, it is WORKING. It is literally factually incorrect to state otherwise. The QB on this team did not change. The GM changed, the coach changed, and the number of star players scattered around the field on both sides of the ball changed. Rodgers has a TON of help directly by the hands of the current team management.
I hear ya, but then my opinion isn't the one that matters, we both know Rodgers wanted one of those receivers, can we agree on that, versus who Guty chose to take? I think that is obvious, and thats my point, when he got notice that Guty took Love I'll bet he was livid.

Texas made a comment I didn't agree with, but now have reconsidered, that pick inspired Rodgers to get in his best condition possible to have a MVP season, now I doubt ( am 99% positive) that Guty didn't chose LOve to garner that response from Rodgers, whatever, it seemed to get that affect.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
26 May 2021 15:21
YoHoChecko wrote:

Everyone 2011 - 2016: Packers don't give Rodgers a run game or a defense! They are holding Rodgers back!

Yeah i think that talk is silly due to Adams dominance and the run game and then now the addition of Amari. Even tho I think Lazard and MVS are the definition of average at best. The offense had enough to win in 2020 if they didn’t forget to run the ball or how to catch in the NFCCG. I point to instances where Gutey treats Rodgers like a meer UDFA as the issues here..like canning his qb coach, finding out through the media about Jordy etc etc. All avoidable stuff.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Drj820 wrote:
26 May 2021 15:35
go pak go wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

Yeah i think that talk is silly due to Adams dominance and the run game and then now the addition of Amari. Even tho I think Lazard and MVS are the definition of average at best. The offense had enough to win in 2020 if they didn’t forget to run the ball or how to catch in the NFCCG. I point to instances where Gutey treats Rodgers like a meer UDFA as the issues here..like canning his qb coach, finding out through the media about Jordy etc etc. All avoidable stuff.
I think there is a fear from management of opening up that rabbit hole though. So they start giving Rodgers the extra treatment, just like Sherman let Favre park in the garage next to him at Lambeau. That can also heavily damage the culture because then other players want the same treatment or have a false sense of who's making the decisions. Having a management role, I know how important it is to draw that line.

Obviously though, there's a lot that we don't know about actual conversations between Rodgers and Gutey/Murphy.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Acrobat wrote:
26 May 2021 16:13
Drj820 wrote:
go pak go wrote:

I think there is a fear from management of opening up that rabbit hole though. So they start giving Rodgers the extra treatment, just like Sherman let Favre park in the garage next to him at Lambeau. That can also heavily damage the culture because then other players want the same treatment or have a false sense of who's making the decisions. Having a management role, I know how important it is to draw that line.

Obviously though, there's a lot that we don't know about actual conversations between Rodgers and Gutey/Murphy.
Yeah I just don’t buy it. I think every player in the league knows they aren’t Aaron Rodgers and should expect him to get special treatment. He’s a 3x MVP, SB winner, longest tenured player on the team, and highest paid qb in league history...I think guys understand the situation and who he is.

And if others wanna pop off and act like Rodgers, I bet the org has a lot easier time parting ways and saving the money.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Dumbest thing you’ll see today, but someone put some effort into it, lol.

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

One thing that strikes me is that if Rodgers does have the power to get Gutey and/or Murphy sacked, then he also has the power to get their replacements sacked, and he also has the power to get LaFleur sacked. And it is untenable that the head coach should have to obey the QB's every whim (down to tiny details) in order to keep his job.

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Drj820 wrote:
26 May 2021 15:17
It really is probably just that Murphy and Gutey have treated Rodgers like a UDFA
Its so awful that they forced him to sign the biggest contract in the league or they'd cut him.

Just terrible the way they treat UDFA's.

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Drj820 wrote:
The offense had enough to win in 2020 if they didn’t forget to run the ball or how to catch in the NFCCG.
It was the best offense in the league. By a decent margin. They had just a wee bit more than "enough to win".

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

It has been so much fun being a packers fan for Rodgers career.

Such an amazing player.

Not often as a sports fan do you get to follow a team that has possibly the best player of all time and does things at such a high level.

The Rodgers era has made it so enjoyable to be a fan of the packers and football.

It's a shame that it has come to an end. Hard to come from such high enjoyment levels as a fan for such a long period.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

bud fox wrote:
26 May 2021 20:53

Such an amazing player.

Not often as a sports fan do you get to follow a team that has possibly the best player of all time and does things at such a high level.

The Rodgers era has made it so enjoyable to be a fan of the packers and football.

It's a shame that it has come to an end. Hard to come from such high enjoyment levels as a fan for such a long period.
The good news is we have done this before. Recently.

Read More. Post Less.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

NCF wrote:
26 May 2021 21:26
bud fox wrote:

Such an amazing player.

The bad news is finding a replacement for a HOF QB in subsequent years is as rare as hen's teeth. :|

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pugger wrote:
27 May 2021 05:02
NCF wrote:
26 May 2021 21:26
bud fox wrote:

Such an amazing player.

The bad news is finding a replacement for a HOF QB in subsequent years is as rare as hen's teeth. :|
Something has to balance out the Bears inability to ever have a good QB, so that's us. On to #3 in a row!
RIP JustJeff

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Brandon $%&# sucks.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Rodgers had the best O in the league the last 2 years. But he could not pick up a 1st down and left the D on the field too long. He had a top 2 WR in Adams. He had a top 2 Oline prior to Bak getting hurt and a top 10 after Bak got hurt and Turner needing help from a TE or RB on every play. He had a top 5 TE in Tonyan. He had a top 5 RB in Jones. The backup RB's were not chopped liver either. He had at least an average WR#2 in Lazard. There were literally no weaknesses on O for the last 2 years. And the fact that the Lombardi trophy has not been home for the last few years is 90% because of 1 man/condition. It is because of Aaron Rodgers and the space between his ears. it is time to understand that Rodgers can never won another SB again. Jordan Love might or might not, we don't know. But only someone who denies reality thinks that Rodgers won't blow it again if given another chance. He will do the same thing again, throw an incompletion on 3rd down when the Packers desperately need a 1st down or a TD. Or get sacked. Or fail to run in an easy TD. Whatever, he will find a way not to get the ball into the EZ.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

TheSkeptic wrote:
27 May 2021 08:34
Rodgers had the best O in the league the last 2 years. But he could not pick up a 1st down and left the D on the field too long. He had a top 2 WR in Adams. He had a top 2 Oline prior to Bak getting hurt and a top 10 after Bak got hurt and Turner needing help from a TE or RB on every play. He had a top 5 TE in Tonyan. He had a top 5 RB in Jones. The backup RB's were not chopped liver either. He had at least an average WR#2 in Lazard. There were literally no weaknesses on O for the last 2 years. And the fact that the Lombardi trophy has not been home for the last few years is 90% because of 1 man/condition. It is because of Aaron Rodgers and the space between his ears. it is time to understand that Rodgers can never won another SB again. Jordan Love might or might not, we don't know. But only someone who denies reality thinks that Rodgers won't blow it again if given another chance. He will do the same thing again, throw an incompletion on 3rd down when the Packers desperately need a 1st down or a TD. Or get sacked. Or fail to run in an easy TD. Whatever, he will find a way not to get the ball into the EZ.
As harsh as that is, I do have to agree. While I can point to factors in all 4 of Rodgers' losses in the NFCCG that have nothing to do with Rodgers, he also did not do what the all time greats do and kick that extra Elite gear in place. Brady does that even though he's not nearly as talented as a lot of the all time greats. Michael Jordan did that which is why he's the GOAT.

That was kind of my thought after the loss vs Tampa. If we can't win the Super Bowl with this team, it might be time to move on and stick a crapload of money into the Defense and hope to win a Super Bowl that way.