Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Acrobat wrote:
27 May 2021 09:09
That was kind of my thought after the loss vs Tampa. If we can't win the Super Bowl with this team, it might be time to move on and stick a crapload of money into the Defense and hope to win a Super Bowl that way.
To be fair, that's actually what we did to get that far.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

ya, Rodgers is a loser, on paper, the best offense in the league, then gets to the NFCCG, and all the stars &%$@ the bed, 5 dropped passes, 2 fumbles, on defenses terrible play at edge corner and the slot CB, yet we bitch about Rodgers inability to carry the team past those issues, least I forget his coach decides to kick a FG which means we still have to score a TD to win, ya lets blame Rodgers, we have for years now depended on Rodgers to be the deciding factor in every big game, often he did win, but when we lost, the reason has always been Rodgers, to funny, people by pass looking that our best WR was mugged all game, still caught 9 passes though with zero yak, our best WR that day ended up being MVS, left in single coverage mostly he got a buck plus and a couple TD's, never mind that Rodgers rarely had time though to wait on him to clear as the Tampa pass rush was breathing down his throat most of the game, the games we do lose are typically against the very best defenses that we face all season.

some people want change, for the only reason that change is something different, you better be careful what you wish for Skeptic, you might just get it, Love, right now is not even in the same stratosphere as Rodgers, and in all probability never will be, keep dreaming.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Am I the only one that finds these Rodgers video leaks, tik toks of him singing Taylor swing, and photos kind of cringe?

We know nothing gets out without his approval so it’s like a weird PR strategy to push the message of “watch me live my best life without you, look at how happy I am” as the team begins OTAs.

I don’t know just seems kind of weird haha. Cringe.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
27 May 2021 09:43
Am I the only one that finds these Rodgers video leaks, tik toks of him singing Taylor swing, and photos kind of cringe?

We know nothing gets out without his approval so it’s like a weird PR strategy to push the message of “watch me live my best life without you, look at how happy I am” as the team begins OTAs.

Yeah, I don't think it is because I am with you. If this is PR, it. is. not. working.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:

Agreed. The golf tournament stuff, too.

I can't tell if he's actually having fun or just really wants the world to think he is right now. I think both are cringey, though.

Also, bro needs to wash his hair. Or cut it. Or something.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

TJ Lang... always one of my absolute faves.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
27 May 2021 10:18

:lol: :lol: He is so funny. Love that he comes to Cheesehead TV every draft night year after doing his Detroit Lions media obligations. :lol:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
27 May 2021 10:18

I bet TJ would back up my opinion that G is more important then T, as skeptic said, a good TE can always bail out a average T :grin: :worship:

I think my preference here is outdated, probably applied more towards the small ball era, when G played a bigger roll with run blocking,
I still think Jenkins though will be a better G then he will be as a tackle, we have a very good OL coach, I don't think he would just keep Jenkins inside because of need, we have a few players that could play that G position.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Drj820 wrote:

Yeah it is pretty weird. It's like something a teenage girl would do haha.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Oh, yeah. Here's a gem.

Read More. Post Less.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

NCF wrote:
27 May 2021 12:52
Oh, yeah. Here's a gem.

What is "Butt Hurt"?

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

YoHoChecko wrote:
27 May 2021 09:45
Drj820 wrote:

Agreed. The golf tournament stuff, too.

I can't tell if he's actually having fun or just really wants the world to think he is right now. I think both are cringey, though.

Also, bro needs to wash his hair. Or cut it. Or something.
I think the friend posted everything not Aaron, but yeah he looks peervy. Hard to say what’s going on but clearly he’s caring less about football at the moment.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

NCF wrote:
Oh, yeah. Here's a gem.

(Tweet removed from quote)
I was waiting for someone to mention that press conference. I was beginning to think I was having a false-memory or something. The way I remember it, most people were genuinely surprised to hear Gute say that. There's no way Rodgers didn't hear about it.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

lake shark wrote:
27 May 2021 13:09
I think the friend posted everything not Aaron, but yeah he looks peervy. Hard to say what’s going on but clearly he’s caring less about football at the moment.
Yeah, it's all been taken from other people's social media, not his. And I'm not trying to say he's so calculated that this is the thing he's doing about it.

But I AM saying that sometimes when I'm truly happy, I give less of a f#$% about how my behavior looks to others or affects others.

I also am saying that sometimes when my life is a $#*+storm, I often respond to that by partying it up and having a blast to mask my problems from myself and others.

Rodgers could be doing either of those things by living his best life at the very moment that OTAs begin. Or anywhere in between.

But whatever he's doing, he should do it with better hair.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
27 May 2021 13:22
NCF wrote:
Oh, yeah. Here's a gem.

I was waiting for someone to mention that press conference. I was beginning to think I was having a false-memory or something. The way I remember it, most people were genuinely surprised to hear Gute say that. There's no way Rodgers didn't hear about it.
This is true, but I'd say the conversation should still have been had one-on-one, not just in the press. In fact, saying that in the presser without having had a conversation could have even been the first domino leading to the draft communication displeasure.

Rodgers was owed several conversations about the pick, even though it wasn't what they WANTED to do at first, and even though it happened in a hurry, and even though his current reaction to it is overblown. He still should have been in the know. Not in the know and with the option to veto it, but in the know. I think even the most organization-apologist among us (which is me to be sure) can freely admit that Rodgers should have known more.

But also, even the most Rodgers-apologists should be able to see that the information (from the Lock visits the year before, to the due dilligence on QBs that year to the pre-draft presser) was out there and that Rodgers (from the interview after his contract extension to the locker room interview about the hiring process after MM was hired) has clearly changed his view over time on how involved he should or shouldn't be and what he is or isn't owed.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
27 May 2021 13:27
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
27 May 2021 13:22
NCF wrote:
Oh, yeah. Here's a gem.

This is true, but I'd say the conversation should still have been had one-on-one, not just in the press. In fact, saying that in the presser without having had a conversation could have even been the first domino leading to the draft communication displeasure.

Rodgers was owed several conversations about the pick, even though it wasn't what they WANTED to do at first, and even though it happened in a hurry, and even though his current reaction to it is overblown. He still should have been in the know. Not in the know and with the option to veto it, but in the know. I think even the most organization-apologist among us (which is me to be sure) can freely admit that Rodgers should have known more.

But also, even the most Rodgers-apologists should be able to see that the information (from the Lock visits the year before, to the due dilligence on QBs that year to the pre-draft presser) was out there and that Rodgers (from the interview after his contract extension to the locker room interview about the hiring process after MM was hired) has clearly changed his view over time on how involved he should or shouldn't be and what he is or isn't owed.
I think it's real funny how there are all these articles asking "why didn't the Packers tell AR about the plan to draft Love", and so many of them conveniently choose to omit the Occam's razor explanation mentioned in the tweet: There was no plan. You can't talk to a person about a plan you don't have.

There's no way the pick of Love was planned well before the draft. If we had really been serious about going after him (or some other QB), we would've paid several 1st rounders to move into the top 10 to guarantee getting our guy, like SF did this year. Not wait 'til the bottom of the 1st round and move up a few spots when things happened to fall as they did.

Having had Love scouted and slotted on the board is totally different from outright targeting him. Very similarly TT didn't exactly target AR, but had him scouted and rated in the unlikely case of a draft day fall.

So the pre-draft conversation would've had to be like "Aaron, if a high tier QB falls to the end of round 1, and all the other similarly rated prospects are gone, we may pick the QB". And I think that's been the company line since TT came to town - you trust your board, pick value over need. Would've been a pretty boring yearly conversation, if the GM would've had to sit down with the QB every year to say the same thing...

The mistake was not giving AR a simple heads up when Gutey did decide to make the move for Love. That was rude and there's no good excuse for that.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
27 May 2021 13:27
I think that conversation is much more impactful after the pick. It should have happened immediately. Like, Thursday night, moments after the pick, immediately. All these other scenarios that are being compared are not the same. The 49ers with Garropolo, the Chiefs with Alex Smith... they were specifically targeting a QB. The Packers legitimately wanted to draft someone else. It's not the same and I would think that having that conversation beforehand, based on a hypothetical, wouldn't have carried much weight, anyway.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

salmar80 wrote:
27 May 2021 14:06
I think it's real funny how there are all these articles asking "why didn't the Packers tell AR about the plan to draft Love", and so many of them conveniently choose to omit the Occam's razor explanation mentioned in the tweet: There was no plan. You can't talk to a person about a plan you don't have.
Exactly this. It's also why the 49ers and Chiefs examples are so different. They did have a plan.

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Is it June 1st yet...?

#overit

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

APB wrote:
27 May 2021 14:21
Is it June 1st yet...?