Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I feel like [mention]NCF[/mention] is killin' it today with the comments :clap:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
27 May 2021 14:31
I feel like @NCF is killin' it today with the comments :clap:
I totally noticed you agreeing with me. Felt nice. Usually you and I are on pretty off on just about every topic.

:aok:

Read More. Post Less.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Jefferson and Ayuik talk is speculation.

Did packers speak to Love before the pick?

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

bud fox wrote:
27 May 2021 14:37

It's pretty heavily reported in ways that feel more than speculative, but yeah, less than concrete.

To be fair, "the Packers were targeting Ayiuk and Jefferson" is no more speculative than "The Packers didn't have a conversation with Rodgers."

Both are reported to be true.

There are on-the-record indications that both have truth to them. But neither has ever been confirmed by the relevant parties.

And whether it was specifically Jefferson and Ayiuk, Gutey IS on the record of saying there was a group of WRs he had targeted that went off the board before they had a chance to pick. And then after Day two further indicated that he had wanted a receiver, had tried to trade up, didn't get the deals he wanted, and didn't end up with any value at receiver by the time they picked.

If you choose not to believe him, that's fine; there are reasons for him to say that publicly even if it isn't the whole truth. But the team is on the record that they attempted to trade for WRs.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

YoHoChecko wrote:
27 May 2021 14:41
bud fox wrote:

It's pretty heavily reported in ways that feel more than speculative, but yeah, less than concrete.

To be fair, "the Packers were targeting Ayiuk and Jefferson" is no more speculative than "The Packers didn't have a conversation with Rodgers."

There are on-the-record indications that both have truth to them. But neither has ever been confirmed by the relevant parties.

And whether it was specifically Jefferson and Ayiuk, Gutey IS on the record of saying there was a group of WRs he had targeted that went off the board before they had a chance to pick. And then after Day two further indicated that he had wanted a receiver, had tried to trade up, didn't get the deals he wanted, and didn't end up with any value at receiver by the time they picked.

If you choose not to believe him, that's fine; there are reasons for him to say that publicly even if it isn't the whole truth. But the team is on the record that they attempted to trade for WRs.
No they considered different options also probably considered moving for the first pick.

We definitely know from Rodgers mouth there was no communication - that isn't speculation.

Did the packers speak to Love before the pick? "Welcome to GB"

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

bud fox wrote:
Pretty much the ENTIRE situation is speculation outside of Rodgers being unhappy.
We definitely know from Rodgers mouth there was no communication - that isn't speculation.
That is actually incorrect, lack of communication NEVER came out of Rodgers' mouth.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

bud fox wrote:
27 May 2021 14:47
YoHoChecko wrote:
bud fox wrote:

No they considered different options also probably considered moving for the first pick.

Did the packers speak to Love before the pick? "Welcome to GB"
Yeah sorry but Im with Bud on this one. The packers made sure to let the world know they “tried” to get Jefferson and Aiyuk, just like they make sure the media reports they are “interested” in every free agent that the fans want. If they wanted those guys, they could have gotten them. They went up and got the guy they wanted. Wasn’t like the price was cheap
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
27 May 2021 15:04
If they wanted those guys, they could have gotten them. They went up and got the guy they wanted. Wasn’t like the price was cheap
This is absurd. They would have had to move up farther to get the guys they wanted. There is no indication that the price to move up further was available or less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
27 May 2021 15:16
Drj820 wrote:
If they wanted those guys, they could have gotten them. They went up and got the guy they wanted. Wasn’t like the price was cheap
This is absurd. They would have had to move up farther to get the guys they wanted. There is no indication that the price to move up further was available or less.
I would buy the argument that they just couldn’t get who they wanted so they grabbed love when he fell in their lap. Moving up to get Love hurts those arguments for me. They wanted Love, so the went up and got who they wanted.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
27 May 2021 15:21
YoHoChecko wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
I would buy the argument that they just couldn’t get who they wanted so they grabbed love when he fell in their lap. Moving up to get Love hurts those arguments for me. They wanted Love, so the went up and got who they wanted.
This is the part of the argument I don't like. No offense to you, DrJ, but I don't buy it. It was a late 4th-round pick... essentially a 5th-round pick. Just... so f'ing what? I just doesn't mean anything to me other than they hit the bottom of a tier and wanted the last guy on it bad enough to give up a lottery ticket. If Love was this obvious target, I sure hope they would have been more aggressive than that for a franchise QB. Right or wrong.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
27 May 2021 14:21
Is it June 1st yet...?

#overit
ya you'll be over it alright next December watching reruns of little house on the prairie when we don't make the playoffs :box:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
27 May 2021 15:33
APB wrote:
Is it June 1st yet...?

#overit
ya you'll be over it alright next December watching reruns of little house on the prairie when we don't make the playoffs :box:
Started a thread for you [mention]Yoop[/mention]. I'm taking receipts in that one.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

NCF wrote:
27 May 2021 15:27
Drj820 wrote:
27 May 2021 15:21
YoHoChecko wrote:

This is the part of the argument I don't like. No offense to you, DrJ, but I don't buy it. It was a late 4th-round pick... essentially a 5th-round pick. Just... so f'ing what? I just doesn't mean anything to me other than they hit the bottom of a tier and wanted the last guy on it bad enough to give up a lottery ticket. If Love was this obvious target, I sure hope they would have been more aggressive than that for a franchise QB. Right or wrong.
No offense taken at all. I just think the fundamental disagreement is those that buy that the org desperately wanted one of the WRs and they couldn’t land them so they just settled for love, and those of us who think they wanted Love and did what they needed to do to get him. I don’t really buy they tried all that hard to get other players. I think they got who they wanted. That’s all. No worries to anyone that disagrees :lol:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
bud fox wrote:

who knows for sure about any of this, all I know is when Guty wants a player he's shown that he will trade up somehow to get that player, he moved 10 spots for Savage, and if he wanted either of Jeffereson or Ayuik they'd be a packer now, what seems plausible to me is that Guty would not pay the asking price of the GM's he could have made the trade with, we have years of Ted so concerned with looking like a frugal GM that he lost out on picking up some very good players that surely would have helped our team, and imho this seems the case with that draft.

sorry Yoho I just can't believe these excuses, Rodgers is also using the excuse that this is all about player relations or the lack there of, and I don't fully buy into that stuff either, as I said prior, this riff seems to have been brewing ever since the last season of McCarthy and that fiasco, the don't make waves comment from Murphy seems to speak to those tensions, then the snub with improving the receiver position, and instead drafting Love was the last straw, both sides now are saying anything to save face.
whatever, like you, I still think both sides need to and will patch this over and get it worked out.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
27 May 2021 15:51
don't make waves comment from Murphy seems to speak to those tensions
I have suggested several times without much support that I think Murphy may be more of a target in this than Gutey.
Yoop wrote:
whatever, like you, I still think both sides need to and will patch this over and get it worked out.
For 2021, I still think I agree, but I think we are headed for our own Last Dance.

Read More. Post Less.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Pckfn23 wrote:
27 May 2021 14:59
bud fox wrote:
Pretty much the ENTIRE situation is speculation outside of Rodgers being unhappy.
That is actually incorrect, lack of communication NEVER came out of Rodgers' mouth.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... utType=amp

Comments from Rodgers that he learnt from his agent and from Gute that he didn't call Aaron hes a pro he knows the business.

I don't know if you just lie in arguments or you don't know.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sports ... ers/%3famp

Insights into how chiefs handled Alex Smith with Mahomes selection. Was informed throughout the entire draft process of the possibility.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
27 May 2021 15:53
Yoop wrote:
don't make waves comment from Murphy seems to speak to those tensions
I have suggested several times without much support that I think Murphy may be more of a target in this than Gutey.
Yoop wrote:
For 2021, I still think I agree, but I think we are headed for our own Last Dance.
who knows, But Murph gave him the contract, it was Guty that is responsible for not taking one of those receivers and in stead taking Love, and it is the GMs job I think to inform players concerning there future which Guty seems to have gotten the blame for not doing, at least that seems to be who Linsley blamed, Murph it seemed wants to be a go between with Coaches and Guty, not so sure that includes players to.

as to the last dance thing, not sure Rodgers will come back for 1 season, think we'll have to guarantee all of that contract or he will force a trade, barring injury guaranteeing the contract seems the wisest thing to do.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

bud fox wrote:
27 May 2021 15:55
Pckfn23 wrote:
27 May 2021 14:59
bud fox wrote:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... utType=amp

Comments from Rodgers that he learnt from his agent and from Gute that he didn't call Aaron hes a pro he knows the business.

I don't know if you just lie in arguments or you don't know.
My fault, you were talking about the Love pick and only the Love pick. I thought you were referring to communication as a whole. My apologies.

That said, that they didn't consult Rodgers that night before making the pick does not bother me in the slightest.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

APB wrote:
Is it June 1st yet...?

#overit
This is about where I'm at too. Just get it over with.