Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

bud fox wrote:
27 May 2021 15:55
Pckfn23 wrote:
27 May 2021 14:59
bud fox wrote:
27 May 2021 14:37
Jefferson and Ayuik talk is speculation.
Pretty much the ENTIRE situation is speculation outside of Rodgers being unhappy.
We definitely know from Rodgers mouth there was no communication - that isn't speculation.
That is actually incorrect, lack of communication NEVER came out of Rodgers' mouth.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... utType=amp

Comments from Rodgers that he learnt from his agent and from Gute that he didn't call Aaron hes a pro he knows the business.

I don't know if you just lie in arguments or you don't know.
To me, it really doesn’t matter if they consulted with Rodgers or not. Should they have? Yes. If they didn’t, it’s a minor thing that could be cleaned up for future reference.

The bigger thing to me is Rodgers’ willingness to blow the whole thing up because he feels like he’s been disrespected somehow in not being directly informed of organizational level decisions. At least in a timely manner, anyway. Decisions, mind you, that in his mind obviously jeopardize his standing on the team. Yeah, that’s all speculative at this point but it’s what everything points to so far. Like, how dare they!

Could Gute/Murphy have handled this better (assuming the communication issue is at the heart of the matter)? Yes. That in no way justifies Rodgers’ response to this whole thing though. He’s acting like a petulant high school prom queen runner up. I mean, the tiktoc vids and instagram posts through his Hollywood girlfriend and her friend’s accounts? The “look how much fun I’m having” sophomoric stuff? Puh-lease.

Arguing over who talked to who is the minutiae. The bigger issue is the leader of the team - highly compensated leader of the team - acting like a whiny bitch.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

salmar80 wrote:
27 May 2021 14:24
APB wrote:
27 May 2021 14:21
Is it June 1st yet...?

#overit
You'll love all next week if there's no immediate trade on Tuesday... :rotf:

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

salmar80 wrote:
27 May 2021 14:06
The mistake was not giving AR a simple heads up when Gutey did decide to make the move for Love. That was rude and there's no good excuse for that.
Perhaps everyone on here whose boss has been rude to them in the past couple of years, explain what they felt was an appropriate and proportionate response a year and more later?

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

dsr wrote:
27 May 2021 19:14
salmar80 wrote:
The mistake was not giving AR a simple heads up when Gutey did decide to make the move for Love. That was rude and there's no good excuse for that.
Perhaps everyone on here whose boss has been rude to them in the past couple of years, explain what they felt was an appropriate and proportionate responses a year and more later?
You’re assuming I even remember my bosses perceived transgression a year and change later.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

APB wrote:
27 May 2021 18:32
bud fox wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Pretty much the ENTIRE situation is speculation outside of Rodgers being unhappy.

That is actually incorrect, lack of communication NEVER came out of Rodgers' mouth.

Comments from Rodgers that he learnt from his agent and from Gute that he didn't call Aaron hes a pro he knows the business.

To me, it really doesn’t matter if they consulted with Rodgers or not. Should they have? Yes. If they didn’t, it’s a minor thing that could be cleaned up for future reference.

The bigger thing to me is Rodgers’ willingness to blow the whole thing up because he feels like he’s been disrespected somehow in not being directly informed of organizational level decisions. At least in a timely manner, anyway. Decisions, mind you, that in his mind obviously jeopardize his standing on the team. Yeah, that’s all speculative at this point but it’s what everything points to so far. Like, how dare they!

Could Gute/Murphy have handled this better (assuming the communication issue is at the heart of the matter)? Yes. That in no way justifies Rodgers’ response to this whole thing though. He’s acting like a petulant high school prom queen runner up. I mean, the tiktoc vids and instagram posts through his Hollywood girlfriend and her friend’s accounts? The “look how much fun I’m having” sophomoric stuff? Puh-lease.

Arguing over who talked to who is the minutiae. The bigger issue is the leader of the team - highly compensated leader of the team - acting like a whiny bitch.
My point is that one aspect was speculation and the other actually isn't.

People shouldn't mislead when making an argument.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

APB wrote:
27 May 2021 18:39
salmar80 wrote:
27 May 2021 14:24
APB wrote:
27 May 2021 14:21
Is it June 1st yet...?

#overit
You'll love all next week if there's no immediate trade on Tuesday... :rotf:
I personally already think the trades been made but that’s just me.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

APB wrote:
27 May 2021 18:32
bud fox wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

It’s a repeating occurrence. Just making bad picks. Keeping holes on the team from year to year. Rodgers feels like he can do better. Which is understandable. Brady just took over the Buccs and by simply bringing in low risk proven veterans he won the SB in one year.

No problem with Aaron being frustrated by the front office being ok with being good enough.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
28 May 2021 02:00
APB wrote: To me, it really doesn’t matter if they consulted with Rodgers or not. Should they have? Yes. If they didn’t, it’s a minor thing that could be cleaned up for future reference.

It’s a repeating occurrence. Just making bad picks. Keeping holes on the team from year to year. Rodgers feels like he can do better. Which is understandable. Brady just took over the Buccs and by simply bringing in low risk proven veterans he won the SB in one year.

No problem with Aaron being frustrated by the front office being ok with being good enough.
I completely understand his frustration, as well. I just think his response to it is ridiculous. I mean, he's throwing a public hissy fit...only he's not...because he's giving everybody the silent treatment while allowing his former bro's (and girlfriend in a sense) to perpetuate the story line. If he's got a problem, be a man, stand up, and voice the issue. Don't sit in silence behind a wall of friends and your girlfriends tiktoc vacation videos.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Publicly saying nothing maintains some leverage for GB in trade talks, I think.

It is quite smart if he wants out.

GB can repeat over and over he isn't available for trade, until he is traded, of course.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
28 May 2021 06:46
Publicly saying nothing maintains some leverage for GB in trade talks, I think.

It is quite smart if he wants out.

GB can repeat over and over he isn't available for trade, until he is traded, of course.
What leverage? I'm not sure I'm understanding your angle here.

Surely a perspective trade partner would want to know every detail surrounding Rodgers' apparent disgruntlement. His public silence wouldn't mask the fact he's unhappy and apparently willing to blow his team up to get what he wants.

Or do you mean GB maintains a manageable level of pressure to move him but is not in an absolute position? A sort of safety net to broker fair compensation rather than dump him for peanuts? I guess my response to that is why would Rodgers care about helping the team get a better deal, thus depleting the roster of his gaining team and making things harder for him to be successful in his new city?

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

APB wrote:
28 May 2021 06:36
lupedafiasco wrote:
28 May 2021 02:00
APB wrote: To me, it really doesn’t matter if they consulted with Rodgers or not. Should they have? Yes. If they didn’t, it’s a minor thing that could be cleaned up for future reference.

I completely understand his frustration, as well. I just think his response to it is ridiculous. I mean, he's throwing a public hissy fit...only he's not...because he's giving everybody the silent treatment while allowing his former bro's (and girlfriend in a sense) to perpetuate the story line. If he's got a problem, be a man, stand up, and voice the issue. Don't sit in silence behind a wall of friends and your girlfriends tiktoc vacation videos.
See now, you see Rodgers has us Viking fans have for years. A whiney bitch. :rotf:

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Helping the team get a better deal makes it more likely he gets what he wants, which is a trade.

I think I disagree with many here who claim AR has no leverage, simply because he can refuse to play and his labor isn't replaceable. Withholding labor is almost always ineffective, because labor can be substituted, but not in this case. AR has all the leverage in the world. He can sit until Week 10 and then show up and let his contract toll AND still demand a trade.

Does Gutey really want to be the guy who blew up a HOF/MVP relationship and literally got nothing for it?

Does Murphy?

I am betting not, which is why I do think there will be a trade.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
28 May 2021 07:18
Helping the team get a better deal makes it more likely he gets what he wants, which is a trade.

I think I disagree with many here who claim AR has no leverage, simply because he can refuse to play and his labor isn't replaceable. Withholding labor is almost always ineffective, because labor can be substituted, but not in this case. AR has all the leverage in the world. He can sit until Week 10 and then show up and let his contract toll AND still demand a trade.

Does Gutey really want to be the guy who blew up a HOF/MVP relationship and literally got nothing for it?

Does Murphy?

I am betting not, which is why I do think there will be a trade.
I agree with your argument here. I believe if Love stinks and Rodgers is no where to be found the pressure on the FO to salvage the situation will grow. Gutey is going to become public enemy number one as the guy that destroyed the relationship with the HOF QB. If he still has a job, he may want the situation resolved which would involve getting 12 out of the building for good. Now, I am of the opinion that if Gutey blew up the relationship with 12 over Love and Love is abysmal than Gutey should just be fired and maybe 12 walks back through that door, but that is unlikely.

I could see a situation where midseason Rodgers trade value is peaking. This would be if there are a couple of teams with decent records that know they have no shot without a new qb, and a great shot at a SB run with an Aaron Rodgers. If those teams could start to bid against each other, it might be a great time to move him.

Even though i said yesterday I agree with making him sit and not trading him until 2022, I could see how his value will have declined by then just because he will be another year older. His age is already what puts limits on his value. By next football season as his new team heads into the playoffs he will be 39. That will affect his value.

If he hasnt walked through the door mid year and teams are offering great loot I could see Gute trying to resolve the situation by dealing him.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
27 May 2021 19:23
dsr wrote:
27 May 2021 19:14
salmar80 wrote:
Perhaps everyone on here whose boss has been rude to them in the past couple of years, explain what they felt was an appropriate and proportionate responses a year and more later?
You’re assuming I even remember my bosses perceived transgression a year and change later.
well Rodgers does, and so do most ex Packer players, our FO has had this authoritarian mind set a long time, treat players like pawns on a chess board, when players complain of finding out they've been traded or cut from the media instead of the boss thats a issue players will remember.

I think it hit the boiling point with Kumerow, just because the guy was a jag, he still deserved a meeting with the guy that was cutting him, and it's been this way with others.

your complaining about Rodgers people skills, so funny, you can't see the forest for the trees, the person or people that have shown zero freaking class are those in the offices at 1265, Guty ever since getting the GM job has acted like a smug SOB, even his pressers he acts so defensivly, defended everything he does, Rodgers actions have forced him to apologize for being a as s hole.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I guess what I mean when I say Rodgers has no leverage is leverage to get himself traded.

If we trade Rodgers, we do not have his labor this season

If we don’t trade Rodgers and he holds out, we do not have his labor this season.

And no one we get in a trade RIGHT NOW will have on field labor anywhere close to replacing Rodgers

So withheld labor is a sunk cost. Trade or no trade, there’s no Rodgers on the Packers offense. Trade or no trade, that loss is irreplaceable.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
28 May 2021 08:13
I guess what I mean when I say Rodgers has no leverage is leverage to get himself traded.

If we don’t trade Rodgers and he holds out, we do not have his labor this season.

And no one we get in a trade RIGHT NOW will have on field labor anywhere close to replacing Rodgers

So withheld labor is a sunk cost. Trade or no trade, there’s no Rodgers on the Packers offense. Trade or no trade, that loss is irreplaceable.
thats a no win situation for the team and of course Rodgers.

I think people are expecting to much from teams willing to trade for Rodgers, why would DEnver give up players like Surtain or Chubbs or other young highly drafted players, I wouldn't, I would though sacrifice possibly 2 first and 2 2nds and a couple backup players

It's a tough call that Rodgers would come back mid season no matter how the team is doing, I wouldn't bet on that, doubt the FO will either, if no headway is made by the end of July I'd move him and cut our losses.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

If teams are not going to offer starters there is not much reason to trade him before next offseason. Trade compensation is not going to drop precipitously if he doesn't play. The cap savings would be well worth the drop from a 1st to a 2nd.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

There is no deal for Rodgers that I would accept that does not include a WR on a rookie contract to grow with Love. Our WR room is completely unsigned after this year. I’d rather have Juedy than Surtain but preferably both of them.

Like 23 said, trading him without receiving young starters makes no sense. Draft picks don’t help the team this year.

But also he’s an MVP who we don’t WANT to trade. If a team won’t offer what we want, we hold him. Period.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Pckfn23 wrote:
28 May 2021 08:28
If teams are not going to offer starters there is not much reason to trade him before next offseason. Trade compensation is not going to drop precipitously if he doesn't play. The cap savings would be well worth the drop from a 1st to a 2nd.
Agree with this however I don't see the packers doing it.

It's the packers. The packers are the good guys. I think if Rodgers convinces them before training camp be isn't coming back he will be moved.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

YoHoChecko wrote:
28 May 2021 08:13

You are confusing leverage with value.

No trade = no return value. GB gets nothing and AR never plays again.

Trade = enormous return value. Multiple firsts and young, franchise calibre players.

There's only one good choice here, and it is obvious.