OTAs

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
02 Jun 2021 13:34
BF004 wrote:
02 Jun 2021 13:23
#CheckDownGate narrative has officially begun.

Any know what songs they were playing today?
Ch-Check It Down - Beastie Boys
Check It Out (I Checked It Down remix) - John Mellencamp
Take It All In and Check It All Down - Bill Withers
Check Yo Self - Ice Cube

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
02 Jun 2021 13:38
Oh we got the checkdown question.

MLF "I want him to do whatever the read tells him"

"read with your feet"

today was first competitive session that wasn't 7-on-7, offense doing some learning; wasn't the best day for the offense, but that's normal for the defense to be ahead of the offense this time of year

"He's attacking it the right way. The focus is there. The work ethic is there"
MLF has gotten so much better at coach speak since he started here in 2019.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

god, Lucas Patrick is SO boring.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I don't know if I missed it but it seems like somehow no one asked about Jenkins' absence?

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
02 Jun 2021 14:05
I don't know if I missed it but it seems like somehow no one asked about Jenkins' absence?
Yeah, I was waiting for that, too. Given he was present last week, though, I will just assume it was an excused absence.

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Not sure if posted.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Turk's B.B.C.
Reactions:

Post by Turk's B.B.C. »

Hmm, seems like the vast majority of players throughout the league have been attending OTAs. Our #3, 4, 5, & 6 Wars had better have a damn good excuse, voluntary or not. Who stays and who goes?
Considering Funchess has never even made it to the practice field with the Pack, l seriously doubt he will be here Week 1. Equinimious was almost gone two seasons ago -- only saved by IR. Was it Yoop who pointed out that you can't teach speed? Of course that's true, but l can think of a couple of former Packers whose speed didn't save their jobs.
I will not be surprised if Exxon Valdes is traded and Funchess and St. brown are cut.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

St. Brown opting out is really weird considering Rodgers was visibly unhappy with his play last year. He has to turn things around if/when Rodgers does get back, and if Rodgers holds out, then he needs to at least get some kind of rapport with Love.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Labrev wrote:
02 Jun 2021 17:51
St. Brown opting out is really weird considering Rodgers was visibly unhappy with his play last year. He has to turn things around if/when Rodgers does get back, and if Rodgers holds out, then he needs to at least get some kind of rapport with Love.
St Brown would have an even tougher time with QB1 if he didn't join the boycott.

Going to OTAs is a really good idea and there's many a benefit to being there. On the flip side - any fans suggesting these guys should be cut/traded over this episode is being absurd. These WRs are all Packers until they can be replaced, same as every other guy on the 90 man roster.
OTA attendance has zero impact on their GB future. That will be decided on the field, in training camp.
IT. IS. TIME

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Turk's B.B.C. wrote:
02 Jun 2021 17:42
Hmm, seems like the vast majority of players throughout the league have been attending OTAs. Our #3, 4, 5, & 6 Wars had better have a damn good excuse, voluntary or not. Who stays and who goes?
Considering Funchess has never even made it to the practice field with the Pack, l seriously doubt he will be here Week 1. Equinimious was almost gone two seasons ago -- only saved by IR. Was it Yoop who pointed out that you can't teach speed? Of course that's true, but l can think of a couple of former Packers whose speed didn't save their jobs.
I will not be surprised if Exxon Valdes is traded and Funchess and St. brown are cut.
No way MVS is traded. Too much speed and hes coming off an incredibly strong playoff performance. Honestly the only receiver that showed up in the NFCC. Adams dropped passes, Lazard would have been the worst player if it wasnt for Kings performance, and no one else stepped up either with ESB dropping the key 2pt conv.

Funchess though I have never been a fan of. I think he has no passion for the game. The dudes always been a lolly gagger on the field dating back to college.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Turk's B.B.C.
Reactions:

Post by Turk's B.B.C. »

Uffda, l forgot about Lazard! And Lupe, l agree with your NFCCG analysis of him. We needed him to step up that day.
As for MVS, l guess l wouldn't bet my paycheck on him getting shipped, but l also wouldn't bet it on him staying. One possible factor to think about is this: ls there factionalizing happening because of AR's holdout? If so, then players have to think about which side will win out before joining with Aaron. If he gets traded this season ( which l still do not believe will happen), then his locker room lackeys have put themselves in a precarious position. MVS probably has the least to worry about out of him, ESB, Lazard, and Funchess. Maybe he thinks he merits #1 someplace and won't get the cash from us if Adams gets the big payout. But, maybe he WILL get a big contract from the Pack if we can't afford Adams and he actually holds onto the ball this season. Either way, l think he's gambling with his future by not showing up to voluntaries like a good little cub scout.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

These music choices really make practice feel exciting, haha

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Hackett presser is live right now, FYI; other offensive assistants to follow

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
03 Jun 2021 13:09
Hackett presser is live right now, FYI; other offensive assistants to follow
PFT already pushing schism based off Hacketts presser.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Lafleur still looks terrified that he might have to trot Love out there to me.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

It's going to get a lot worse than that.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
03 Jun 2021 14:08
I don't think that is true. I think he is a guy who clearly knows what makes his job easier this year. Being preferential isn't being scared.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

My biggest takeaway from the pressers was Stenovich's tone when he took a stance on Ben Braden. Said he looks ready to compete for a starting spot at T or G. That, at least, makes me feel better about him getting those reps

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
03 Jun 2021 14:10
Drj820 wrote:
I don't think that is true. I think he is a guy who clearly knows what makes his job easier this year. Being preferential isn't being scared.
I'm actually with DrJ on this one. MLF does seem at the very least nervous about Love at QB. But, I mean, he should be. I believe in Love's long term talent, but it still feels true that no one has a good sense on his timeline or readiness. For good reason. But still.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Drj820 wrote:
Of course he's terrified, rookie* QBs are a coach's nightmare. As you said in the other thread, MLF doesn't have much of a poker face either. :)

*Yes, I know he's really a 2nd year player
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi