Aaron Rodgers thread 3000

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Jun 2021 07:49
bud fox wrote:
03 Jun 2021 06:54
BF004 wrote:
03 Jun 2021 06:02

For people who keep saying stuff like this, i must ask, who? Who is saying that?
The people who make arguments against him
Who is making arguments against Rodgers having a great impact on the success of the Packers?
you, and others like you, really a hoot to hear you guys complain every time he isn't perfect, to now act as though you never made the remarks.
Last edited by Yoop on 03 Jun 2021 07:59, edited 1 time in total.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

lupedafiasco wrote:
03 Jun 2021 07:43
No one ever mentions Lazard ducking a ball he could have caught and scored on 2nd down though on a run pass option.
Way too much dissecting of one game in a much larger conversation.

Let me break it down:

- Rodgers is awesome, one of the best ever.
- But some feel that he hasn't always risen above when it matters most.
- Yes there are definitely factors in play other than Rodgers that have resulted in NFCCG losses.
- No, no one is saying that those losses are all Rodgers' fault.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

bud fox wrote:
BF004 wrote:
bud fox wrote:
03 Jun 2021 01:33
It is obvious there are people on this forum that believe Rodgers impact has not been great albeit it is a stupid ridiculous notion.
For people who keep saying stuff like this, i must ask, who? Who is saying that?
Yoop wrote:
03 Jun 2021 07:41
BF004 wrote:
bud fox wrote:
03 Jun 2021 01:33
It is obvious there are people on this forum that believe Rodgers impact has not been great albeit it is a stupid ridiculous notion.
why ask for names when there have been so many that said (in no specific terms) that Rodgers had 3 oppertunity's to score from the 8 yrd line, he missed on a open player, tossed one to Adams that he shouldn't have, plus could have easily waltzed in to the EZ himself, all 3 are very debatable situations, yet he's suppose to make those plays work according to a half doz posters on this site.

So no one, thanks.

And Mike, per usual, I'm not even quite sure who you are replying to, because you certainly didn't address my question, and definitely not in the context it was being discussed.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
03 Jun 2021 07:52
Pckfn23 wrote:
bud fox wrote:

Who is making arguments against Rodgers having a great impact on the success of the Packers?
you, and others like you, really a hoot to hear you guys complain every time he isn't perfect, to now act as though you never made the remarks.
No, no we don't. We don't complain every time he isn't perfect. No acting required, we never made those remarks.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
03 Jun 2021 07:53
bud fox wrote:
BF004 wrote:

Yoop wrote:
03 Jun 2021 07:41
BF004 wrote:

why ask for names when there have been so many that said (in no specific terms) that Rodgers had 3 oppertunity's to score from the 8 yrd line, he missed on a open player, tossed one to Adams that he shouldn't have, plus could have easily waltzed in to the EZ himself, all 3 are very debatable situations, yet he's suppose to make those plays work according to a half doz posters on this site.

So no one, thanks.

And Mike, per usual, I'm not even quite sure who you are replying to, because you certainly didn't address my question, and definitely not in the context it was being discussed.
the people that no matter what other players do always come back to Rodgers should have done this, should have done that, know who they are, for Christ sakes even after Bosticks blunder Rodgers was blamed because he couldn't somehow win that game, don't ask me to name names, those people will just deny it.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Jun 2021 08:09
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

No, no we don't. We don't complain every time he isn't perfect. No acting required, we never made those remarks.
bs, you rag on Rodgers every chance you get, been doing it for a decade.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

So no one, thanks.

When this was said "It is obvious there are people on this forum that believe Rodgers impact has not been great".

I asked who, and no one can give a name or a quote or a post.

Got it.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

You'd think for as long as this community has existed, "naming names" wouldn't be that hard and that we'd be past general passive aggressive statements.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
03 Jun 2021 08:19
So no one, thanks.

When this was said "It is obvious there are people on this forum that believe Rodgers impact has not been great".

I asked who, and no one can give a name or a quote or a post.

Got it.
come on now, you know thats true, some posters here have been overly critical of Rodgers for a long time, when he is about as perfect as a player can be they reap accolades on him, as though there being fare, other players will bone it so bad it would take a miracle from Rodgers to win, yet Rodgers is who they blame for the loss, happens regularly, I'am not about to name names, I already have to tip toe in this place just to get along with people, or be suspended as has happened so often already.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Acrobat wrote:
03 Jun 2021 08:26
You'd think for as long as this community has existed, "naming names" wouldn't be that hard and that we'd be past general passive aggressive statements.
who are you to know so much about this forum yet only been a member for a couple months?

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:
03 Jun 2021 08:31
Acrobat wrote:
who are you to know so much about this forum yet only been a member for a couple months?
Is that in dog months?

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Will be moving all the AR convo from Packers news thread here.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Acrobat wrote:
03 Jun 2021 08:33
Yoop wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
Is that in dog months?
I knew I shouldn't have asked the question, because your reply right now is what I expected, have a good day.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

salmar80 wrote:
Will be moving all the AR convo from Packers news thread here.
You're either a glutton for punishment or extremely bored... ;)

On a side note, those who continue to restate your opinions in post-after-post, thread-after-thread can now re-post those same opinions in this thread just in case you feel like your thoughts weren't conveyed with your previous 937 iterations.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:
03 Jun 2021 08:35
Acrobat wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Is that in dog months?
I knew I shouldn't have asked the question, because your reply right now is what I expected, have a good day.
Well yeah of course my response was snarky. I've been a member of this community since the 2007 season.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I am quite sure Acrobat was a member of this community before I was.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
03 Jun 2021 08:17
Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Jun 2021 08:09
Yoop wrote:

bs, you rag on Rodgers every chance you get, been doing it for a decade.
No, I have pointed out that he is not infallible, just as I have with every other player.

There is not a poster on here that believe Rodgers' impact on the Packers has not been great.

The problem right now is you are arguing things that are not being argued. Typical.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 03 Jun 2021 08:48, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Acrobat wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
No one ever mentions Lazard ducking a ball he could have caught and scored on 2nd down though on a run pass option.

Let me break it down:

- Yes there are definitely factors in play other than Rodgers that have resulted in NFCCG losses.
Add:
- Nobody thinks the team does not owe its relative success to Rodgers's play at QB.
- That Rodgers's play at QB will be easily replaceable (willingness to accept the risk =/= inability to appreciate the risk).

I am just going to call this for what it is: Rodgers Defense Force cannot fathom people having a nuanced position on Rodgers, so they're convinced that people who are critical of him are as rigid/black-and-white in their thinking as Rodgers Defense Force themselves are in their adulation of him.

It's projection, plain and simple.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Acrobat wrote:
03 Jun 2021 08:39
Yoop wrote:
03 Jun 2021 08:35
Acrobat wrote:

Is that in dog months?
Well yeah of course my response was snarky. I've been a member of this community since the 2007 season.
why the name change, who where you prior, I have no idea who I'am talking to except a bran new member?

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Labrev wrote:
03 Jun 2021 08:45
Acrobat wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

Let me break it down:

Add:
- Nobody thinks the team does not owe its relative success to Rodgers's play at QB.
- That Rodgers's play at QB will be easily replaceable (willingness to accept the risk =/= inability to appreciate the risk).

I am just going to call this for what it is: Rodgers Defense Force cannot fathom people having a nuanced position on Rodgers, so they're convinced that people who are critical of him are as rigid/black-and-white in their thinking as Rodgers Defense Force themselves are in their adulation of him.

It's projection, plain and simple.
Yep, and a lot of my "It's Jordan Love Time" feelings are more about the fact that the current recipe has almost made it many times, and hell, if Rodgers comes back next year, we might win the Super Bowl! But....the other part of me thinks that if we had a top 10 QB playing for less money and had the cap to just absolutely stack a defense, like a historically good defense, that having a good QB, great RB's, great O-line. and great D could also bring a Championship. Knowing that Rodgers' days are numbered, I'm just ready to jump on that ship, especially if his attitude would become a locker room distraction.