Official 2020 Draft Thread - Day 2 - NO SPOILERS!!!

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:05
TheGreenMan wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:02
You putting Jones on the side line in those situations? I want the borderline top 5 RB on the field.
You want to give a 5'9" 210 pounder all our RB snaps? Good grief. Williams and Jones were on the field together and Jones has gotten injured several times.

You're all being kinda ridiculous. This isn't even fun.
It's not ridiculous.

I'm not saying give all the snaps to one guy and nobody else. And obviously he'll have situations, but I'm simply saying...most of the time one would want Jones to take the carry. I want it in his hands 95% of the time, unless he's obviously not healthy.
RIP JustJeff

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:01
BF004 wrote:
24 Apr 2020 20:53
YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Apr 2020 20:47

Nah, I have a 5th round TE in mind for those.

Look, this is a red zone, short-yardage, and late-game winner for us. He's going to contribute in key situations. He's going to convert some big first downs for us.
Aaron Jones is the best red zone RB we've had since Hornung.

If we don't want to sign Jones, I 100% get that. But again, how does this help us this year? Just a question, because I'm honeslty not really seeing a case where our 1, 2, or 4th round picks help us this year. Like I said, I am not a debbie downer, but damn, I feel like we are just tossing away 2020 right now. Don't resign Bulaga or Martinez, downgrade at both spots. Add nothing to help in the draft. Convince me I'm wrong.
But like, I literally just told you how.

He will get a ton of short-yardage and late-game back. He will finish games for us. He'll run out the clock. He'll convert those key downs. That is how he'll contribute in year one.
Yeah I suspect it'll be a lot more than that.

Not going to be hard to take reps from Jamal 3.0 ypc Williams. When he trots on the field, the offense goes in the ditch. Surely others realize how massive the difference in overall production of the offense is between when Jones and Williams are on the field. O couldn't do squat when Jones was getting a breather.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:07
YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:05
TheGreenMan wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:02
You putting Jones on the side line in those situations? I want the borderline top 5 RB on the field.
You want to give a 5'9" 210 pounder all our RB snaps? Good grief. Williams and Jones were on the field together and Jones has gotten injured several times.

You're all being kinda ridiculous. This isn't even fun.
I expect us to trade Jones any minute now, who's got a receiver that needs a RB?
Same. Shame we didn’t go ahead and give him to houston for nuk Hopkins before he got dealt
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Waldo wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:10
YoHoChecko wrote:
BF004 wrote:

If we don't want to sign Jones, I 100% get that. But again, how does this help us this year? Just a question, because I'm honeslty not really seeing a case where our 1, 2, or 4th round picks help us this year. Like I said, I am not a debbie downer, but damn, I feel like we are just tossing away 2020 right now. Don't resign Bulaga or Martinez, downgrade at both spots. Add nothing to help in the draft. Convince me I'm wrong.

He will get a ton of short-yardage and late-game back. He will finish games for us. He'll run out the clock. He'll convert those key downs. That is how he'll contribute in year one.

Not going to be hard to take reps from Jamal 3.0 ypc Williams. When he trots on the field, the offense goes in the ditch. Surely others realize how massive the difference in overall production of the offense is between when Jones and Williams are on the field. O couldn't do squat when Jones was getting a breather.
That's because Jones is one of the top backs in the league. There's going to be a drop-off. You're wrong on Williams though, plenty of games where Jones didn't have it and Jamal was an absolute warrior for this team.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Waldo wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:
BF004 wrote:

I’d say Williams roster spot may be in danger
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Drj820 wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:11
Waldo wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

Probably, especially with us signing Swervin' again too.
RIP JustJeff

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Drj820 wrote:
Waldo wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

Ya think?

I've never been a fan. Picture of mediocrity. Picked him because they had zero experience at RB at the time, and he could start competantly day 1.

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

TheGreenMan wrote:
Waldo wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

That's because Jones is one of the top backs in the league. There's going to be a drop-off. You're wrong on Williams though, plenty of games where Jones didn't have it and Jamal was an absolute warrior for this team.
That was few and far between. Most of the time when you see Williams coming out on the field, a punt was 3-4 plays away.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Terrell Davis - 98 - last running back super bowl mvp.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Waldo wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:17
TheGreenMan wrote:
Waldo wrote:

That was few and far between. Most of the time when you see Williams coming out on the field, a punt was 3-4 plays away.
Of course it was, because Jones is RB1, and a top guy in the league. The ball is in his hands most of the time. Williams filled in just fine with Jones not on the field. Williams isn't special like Jones is special, but the offense certainly wasn't punting when he was trotted on the field.
RIP JustJeff

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

BF004 wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:20
:lol:
RIP JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Rodgers is so unlucky. What are the chances you get two retarded GMs back to back? How does that happen.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Waldo wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:13
Drj820 wrote:
Waldo wrote:

Ya think?

I've never been a fan. Picture of mediocrity. Picked him because they had zero experience at RB at the time, and he could start competantly day 1.
Can we pick a couple of guys who could competently start at WR or ILB this year too?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I mean this pick to me screams get the ball out of Rodgers hands.

We know MLF loves to run. We also know Rodgers isn't what he used to be. It seems clear the team is shifting away from the slinging through the air we are used to doing.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Ojemudia to Broncos. Mocked him to us in the 4th but had him in the 3rd on the big board.
RIP JustJeff

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Honestly... Who do we like coming up.

Johnson and Trautman are still my picks for offense.

Defense I'm not even sure anymore.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

TheGreenMan wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:21
Of course it was, because Jones is RB1, and a top guy in the league. The ball is in his hands most of the time. Williams filled in just fine with Jones not on the field. Williams isn't special like Jones is special, but the offense certainly wasn't punting when he was trotted on the
They really were. It isn't ALL Jamal Williams' fault, but he definitely made the entire offense so much less dynamic that the defense seemed to easily be able to shut down everything we wanted to do.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Damn, Hennessey to Atlanta. 2 of my guys go back to back.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Best left on my board.

Peart
Gallimore
Weaver
Elliott
Harrison
Davis-Gaither
Wallace