Aaron Rodgers thread 3000

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Waldo wrote:
03 Jun 2021 13:23
Ha, even Florio is pointing out that Rodgers is in a no win situation.

No matter what Rodgers says or does, his value will be greater after the season than it is now or will be until after the trade deadline.

There is literally zero incentive for the team to do anything.

Rodgers seems like a smart guy, but this play of his is a really dumb decision.

Honestly I think he needs mental help or has a pain killer problem. He is not right at all.

zero incentive, sorry but you sound like the one that should book reservations for the couch Waldo, :dunno: if the team plays hard ball with Rodgers with 5 key players due contract extensions you can kiss those players bye bye, in essense we are entering rebuild if they all take off, basically ya lose the team, plus media will be all over this, it's probably that we end up with a 500 team, don't make the playoffs and Guty is fired in another year, he has to be &%$@ his pants that Rodgers doesn't decide to call his bluff, no one wins if he decides to force a trade and sits out.
Last edited by Yoop on 03 Jun 2021 14:26, edited 1 time in total.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
03 Jun 2021 13:08
Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Jun 2021 12:57
We had the star offensive players, they didn't bring their A game that day.
do you work on a farm? your one of the best horse manure spreaders I know of, seriously now Adams blanketed but still catching 11 of 14 targets, for zero yac yards for the game is one of our best star offensive players, I'd call that neuterd performance, same with Jones who not having a hole to run through failed to protect the ball, and the second fumbled ended his play that game, please name all the other impact players that excel in short areas, our offense lacked the ability to block, both of our stars on offense besides Rodgers where extremely hampered, and your stance is they didn't bring there A game.
Davante Adams brought his A game? Had one of the best games of his career? FYI, Adams was not double and triple covered all game. He caught 9 of 15 for 67 yards, 40 of which were YAC. Stick to the facts.

Aaron Jones ran the ball 6 times for 27 yards, a 4.5 yard average. That does not indicate no holes to run through. Did he bring his A game? Did he have one of the best games of his career?

A.J. Dillon ran the ball 3 times for 17 yards, a 5.66 yard average. That does not indicate no holes to run through.

Did Aaron Rodgers bring his A Game? Did he have one of the best games of his career?

Why did the offense roll the #1 defense a week before, but faltered against the Bucs?

Our offensive stars didn't bring their A games. We had the players, they didn't come to play as champions.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

We had the talent, not sure we had the players. This same group of players seem to consistently come up small in scenarios like the NCGCG. Maybe collegiate champion and big game performer Amari Rodgers will teach the guys how to win.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Waldo wrote:
03 Jun 2021 13:23
Ha, even Florio is pointing out that Rodgers is in a no win situation.

No matter what Rodgers says or does, his value will be greater after the season than it is now or will be until after the trade deadline.

There is literally zero incentive for the team to do anything.

Rodgers seems like a smart guy, but this play of his is a really dumb decision.

Honestly I think he needs mental help or has a pain killer problem. He is not right at all.
Could be Tuesday, could be training camp, could be Week 1, but I honestly expect at some point Rodgers is just going to stroll in, ready to go, and downplay the &%$@ out of the situation. Queue up the "it's a business and I had to do what is right for me and I never planned to retire" talk. By mid-September I don't expect anyone to give a $%@#. After the season, though, it all heats up again.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
03 Jun 2021 13:55
We had the talent, not sure we had the players.
Queue yoop, to the rescue, like George Constanza in The Pitch. "No, No, NO... we didn't have the talent."

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

NCF wrote:
03 Jun 2021 14:08
Drj820 wrote:
Queue yoop, to the rescue, like George Constanza in The Pitch. "No, No, NO... we didn't have the talent."
Ha, I have never denied the talent of the 2020 team in terms of having the ammo to do the job. I do think this team doesn’t have anybody that knows how to finish the drill and could use a few Vets who are nearing retirement who have won rings that could teach the team how it’s done.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
03 Jun 2021 14:11
NCF wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
Ha, I have never denied the talent of the 2020 team in terms of having the ammo to do the job. I do think this team doesn’t have anybody that knows how to finish the drill and could use a few Vets who are nearing retirement who have won rings that could teach the team how it’s done.
It did seem strange that the players who "elevated their play" was Kenny Clark, Jaire Alexander, MVS and AJ Dillon.

And it's honestly too bad that MLF didn't feed the ball or King didn't screw up so bad because the real narrative should have been how deep this roster was that who would have expected those young guys to be the ones who carried this team when they needed someone to step up the most.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
03 Jun 2021 14:22
And it's honestly too bad that MLF didn't feed the ball or King didn't screw up so bad because the real narrative should have been how deep this roster was that who would have expected those young guys to be the ones who carried this team when they needed someone to step up the most.
Yes. It also seemed like Aaron and LaFleur, both, were reluctant to let it happen. Like, they thought it had to be Adams or Jones or whatever got them there instead of just taking what was there.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
NCF wrote:

It did seem strange that the players who "elevated their play" was Kenny Clark, Jaire Alexander, MVS and AJ Dillon.

I don’t get that though. Dillon was a second round draft pick..very high for a RB. Jaire is a top 5 corner and first round pick, Clark is a first rounder who is one of the highest paid NTs in the league. MVS was the only shocking success story to me. The other guys had to give us what they gave us if we were going to win. We lost bc our other stars who have about the same amount of clout as those guys didn’t join them in playing well.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
03 Jun 2021 14:25
go pak go wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

I don’t get that though. Dillon was a second round draft pick..very high for a RB. Jaire is a top 5 corner and first round pick, Clark is a first rounder who is one of the highest paid NTs in the league. MVS was the only shocking success story to me. The other guys had to give us what they gave us if we were going to win. We lost bc our other stars who have about the same amount of clout as those guys didn’t join them in playing well.
Some of that is true. This is where I actually agree with [mention]Yoop[/mention], though. Tampa Bay was not going to let Davante Adams beat them and they dedicated a lot of resources to keeping him quiet. I think there was too much trying to get him going and forcing the issue, playing into Tampa's hands.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

NCF wrote:
03 Jun 2021 14:28
Drj820 wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Some of that is true. This is where I actually agree with @Yoop, though. Tampa Bay was not going to let Davante Adams beat them and they dedicated a lot of resources to keeping him quiet. I think there was too much trying to get him going and forcing the issue, playing into Tampa's hands.
I absolutely think that also. When Rodgers gets in a jam he wants to force feed it to Adams. When Rodgers misses adams in the end zone, he wants to go back to HIM to make up for it..not just make sure we score. I agree with you.

But I still think Clark, Dillon, and Jaire are high draft picks who by the end of the year MUST perform, and it should not be a surprise when they do.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Jun 2021 13:45
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Jun 2021 12:57
We had the star offensive players, they didn't bring their A game that day.
do you work on a farm? your one of the best horse manure spreaders I know of, seriously now Adams blanketed but still catching 11 of 14 targets, for zero yac yards for the game is one of our best star offensive players, I'd call that neuterd performance, same with Jones who not having a hole to run through failed to protect the ball, and the second fumbled ended his play that game, please name all the other impact players that excel in short areas, our offense lacked the ability to block, both of our stars on offense besides Rodgers where extremely hampered, and your stance is they didn't bring there A game.
Davante Adams brought his A game? Had one of the best games of his career? FYI, Adams was not double and triple covered all game. He caught 9 of 15 for 67 yards, 40 of which were YAC. Stick to the facts.

Aaron Jones ran the ball 6 times for 27 yards, a 4.5 yard average. That does not indicate no holes to run through. Did he bring his A game? Did he have one of the best games of his career?

A.J. Dillon ran the ball 3 times for 17 yards, a 5.66 yard average. That does not indicate no holes to run through.

Did Aaron Rodgers bring his A Game? Did he have one of the best games of his career?

Why did the offense roll the #1 defense a week before, but faltered against the Bucs?

Our offensive stars didn't bring their A games. We had the players, they didn't come to play as champions.
so then Adams caught 9 passes basically at the los and gained 5 yrds per catch, does that sound like one of his better performances? NO, and the reason for that is that he was blanketed the whole game, and he was thrown to 15 times because no one else was getting open on schedule, thats reality, paint it any way you like.

same with Jones, every yard he got took double effort, Tampa shut down our offense, thats also reality, and whatever we did against other teams prior has little to do with the Tampa game, the ol blocking sucked, and we didn't have enough players with short zone quicks to combat it,.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
03 Jun 2021 14:47
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

so then Adams caught 9 passes basically at the los and gained 5 yrds per catch, does that sound like one of his better performances? NO, and the reason for that is that he was blanketed the whole game, and he was thrown to 15 times because no one else was getting open on schedule, thats reality, paint it any way you like.

same with Jones, every yard he got took double effort, Tampa shut down our offense, thats also reality, and whatever we did against other teams prior has little to do with the Tampa game, the ol blocking sucked, and we didn't have enough players with short zone quicks to combat it,.
Jones wasnt ready for a dog fight that day. He got hit in the mouth and was a punch drunk fighter until he left the game. The Packers have to enter these games excited about a dog fight, wanting the game to get chippy and based on bullying an opponent as opposed to finessing teams into the SB. Its the playoffs, defense and controlling the LOS always rules the day...we just seem to not be ready for those kinds of fights whenever we are a win away from the SB. Sadly.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:

Except for MVS that is... Your reality is real.
If Tampa shut down our offense then Rodgers would be partly to blame, right?

The talent was there to win that game on offense. The talent didn't show up.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 03 Jun 2021 14:54, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
03 Jun 2021 14:30
NCF wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Some of that is true. This is where I actually agree with @Yoop, though. Tampa Bay was not going to let Davante Adams beat them and they dedicated a lot of resources to keeping him quiet. I think there was too much trying to get him going and forcing the issue, playing into Tampa's hands.
I absolutely think that also. When Rodgers gets in a jam he wants to force feed it to Adams. When Rodgers misses adams in the end zone, he wants to go back to HIM to make up for it..not just make sure we score. I agree with you.

But I still think Clark, Dillon, and Jaire are high draft picks who by the end of the year MUST perform, and it should not be a surprise when they do.
Lafluer should have kept running Dillon, possible issue was that Dillon probably was a liability as a blocker for PA, so when Dillon was in Tampa new it was a run, he did well with his 3 touches but our blocking may not have sustained that production. :idn:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
03 Jun 2021 14:50
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Jones wasnt ready for a dog fight that day. He got hit in the mouth and was a punch drunk fighter until he left the game. The Packers have to enter these games excited about a dog fight, wanting the game to get chippy and based on bullying an opponent as opposed to finessing teams into the SB. Its the playoffs, defense and controlling the LOS always rules the day...we just seem to not be ready for those kinds of fights whenever we are a win away from the SB. Sadly.
I don't buy that, Jones was hammered on the first fumble and left the game with a chest injury on the second, I also never bought into this badest bad dog wins mentality, NE won 5 SB's and never seemed to be the badest boy on the block, Pittsburg wore that cloak for a while and only won one SB as such, teams that score the most points win, and we've been one of the highest scoring teams in the league every year, our problem is that lady luck hates us, 2014 is a great example, Bos tek snatched victory from our grasp, last year stupid defensive decisions made it very hard to over come them, specially so when the opposing pass rush couldn't be kept at bay.
Last edited by Yoop on 03 Jun 2021 15:05, edited 1 time in total.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
03 Jun 2021 14:54
Drj820 wrote:
NCF wrote:

Lafluer should have kept running Dillon, possible issue was that Dillon probably was a liability as a blocker for PA, so when Dillon was in Tampa new it was a run, he did well with his 3 touches but our blocking may not have sustained that production. :idn:
I would have run Jamaal and Dillon every play the entire fourth quarter. Get 3.5 yards a carry and never give Brady the ball back. After about ten runs in a row and they put 8 in the box, then let Rodgers fire the Go route to MVS or hit Adams deep on play action.

Easy to say it now, but I was screaming it then too. :messedup:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
go pak go wrote:

And I agree with this. The offense had an answer and I believe it was AJ Dillon. He was rolling and MLF just didn't let him continue rolling. I never understood that.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
03 Jun 2021 15:04
Yoop wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

I would have run Jamaal and Dillon every play the entire fourth quarter. Get 3.5 yards a carry and never give Brady the ball back. After about ten runs in a row and they put 8 in the box, then let Rodgers fire the Go route to MVS or hit Adams deep on play action.

tend to agree, but would they have gotten 3.5 yac, debatable, but I would have tried, thing is coaches get in a rut, they are convinced that what they are doing should work, cause it has in the past, and it's hard for them to adjust, Lafluer was so convinced that running wasn't the answer he gave up using it.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
03 Jun 2021 15:11
Drj820 wrote:
03 Jun 2021 15:04
Yoop wrote:

tend to agree, but would they have gotten 3.5 yac, debatable, but I would have tried, thing is coaches get in a rut, they are convinced that what they are doing should work, cause it has in the past, and it's hard for them to adjust, Lafluer was so convinced that running wasn't the answer he gave up using it.
Moment was a little big for him. That or he was calling runs and Rodgers was checking out of them bc he wanted the ball in his hands. Ive been so curious as to which of those two options is true.