Official 2020 Draft Thread - Day 2 - NO SPOILERS!!!

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

go pak go wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:23
I mean this pick to me screams get the ball out of Rodgers hands.

We know MLF loves to run. We also know Rodgers isn't what he used to be. It seems clear the team is shifting away from the slinging through the air we are used to doing.
Yep. Anyone who complained about us being a finesse team should be happier (but I know they won't be)
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
Rodgers is so unlucky. What are the chances you get two retarded GMs back to back? How does that happen.
:rotf:

If mike thought he was throwing games before...
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

NCF wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:25
TheGreenMan wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:21
Of course it was, because Jones is RB1, and a top guy in the league. The ball is in his hands most of the time. Williams filled in just fine with Jones not on the field. Williams isn't special like Jones is special, but the offense certainly wasn't punting when he was trotted on the
They really were. It isn't ALL Jamal Williams' fault, but he definitely made the entire offense so much less dynamic that the defense seemed to easily be able to shut down everything we wanted to do.
Yeah, Williams isn't the dynamic guy Jones is (which is still an argument on why would we give Dillion snaps over him), but I don't think it was an automatic punt when he was on the field. When Jones wasn't on the field the whole offense looked completely lost. Including Rodgers.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Duvernay, Edwards, Gallimore, Peart, Malik Harrison my top 5 right now.

So we should probably get a punter to prepare for Mason's departure. :horse:

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

BF004 wrote:
Waldo wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:13
Drj820 wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:11

I’d say Williams roster spot may be in danger
Ya think?

I've never been a fan. Picture of mediocrity. Picked him because they had zero experience at RB at the time, and he could start competantly day 1.
Can we pick a couple of guys who could competently start at WR or ILB this year too?
Doubt it. At least at WR. Maybe if they had a top 15 pick. Rare is a starting caliber rookie WR. Especailly one that AR would actually throw to.

Criticuria
Reactions:

Post by Criticuria »

Where is the dude's waist?

Dillon makes us a tougher team.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 8.25.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 8.25.44 PM.png (157.47 KiB) Viewed 581 times

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

TheGreenMan wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:24
Honestly... Who do we like coming up.

Johnson and Trautman are still my picks for offense.

Defense I'm not even sure anymore.
Offense: Bryan Edwards, KJ Hill?? Joe Reed, Lynn Bowden, a handfull of OL

Defense: Malik Harrison, Jordan Elliot, Leki Fotu, Darnay Holmes, Bryce Hall, Amik Robinson, Akeem Gaither-Davis

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

If you have a Aaron Jones and leash him, your just giving away production, we gave him 21 touches a game last year and should have given him more, at least thrown it to him a few more times, so it comes down to balance of pass to run, this to me is like drafting Rodgers backup, it's redundent, but in this case you have a highly productive Jones, and a rookie RB that should also be very productive, but you don't have enough touches to feature both of them, so your leaving production on the bench, obviously Jones will be history.

we should try and trade him for a WR or a player we can start, maybe a lber, other wise he's going to walk away after this season for nuten.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

The only time aaron jones should not get the ball is when he is too tired to run.

He is one of the best in the league.

If you give reps to someone else for any other reason you are an idiot coach.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Ruggs and Bowden in the same offense is going to be a creative coach's playground.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Raiders taking a couple of WRs.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:35
Ruggs and Bowden in the same offense is going to be a creative coach's playground.
AND BRYAN EDWARDS

meh.

Back to Back hits to the guys I liked for us.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

[mention]YoHoChecko[/mention]

I'd like to come help you in the Dillon thread... but I just can't. Need to REALLY talk myself into understanding the value with that pick until I can even bother reading the tired responses you are getting in there.

Read More. Post Less.

Chilli
Reactions:

Post by Chilli »

Denzel Mims
Chase Claypool
Tee Higgins
Bryan Edwards

Antonio Gandy-Golden
Devin Duvernay
Tyler Johnson
Quintez Cephus
Michael Pittman
Donovan Peoples-Jones

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:37
@YoHoChecko

I'd like to come help you in the Dillon thread... but I just can't. Need to REALLY talk myself into understanding the value with that pick until I can even bother reading the tired responses you are getting in there.
No worries. I don't like the value, either. I just think everyone is looking for reasons to be mad because it wasn't a WR.

Honestly, reminds me of the "Nick Collins is a no name reach" talk after the Rodgers pick in 2005. People hate because they are angry right now.

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

I get a kick out of this draft, its like a classic TT draft, utter meltdown from fans.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Chilli wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:38
Denzel Mims
Chase Claypool
Tee Higgins
Bryan Edwards

Antonio Gandy-Golden
Devin Duvernay
Tyler Johnson
Quintez Cephus
Michael Pittman
Donovan Peoples-Jones
The way the gadgets are going, I'm on-the-fly pushing Joe Reed into my 3rd round range from the 4th round.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:39
NCF wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:37
@YoHoChecko

No worries. I don't like the value, either. I just think everyone is looking for reasons to be mad because it wasn't a WR.

Honestly, reminds me of the "Nick Collins is a no name reach" talk after the Rodgers pick in 2005. People hate because they are angry right now.
Maybe. I don't remember who we had at safety though. Roman? Edwards? Safety was such a need for a long time until Collins, unlike RB.

We'll see. Maybe Dillion will be a total stud.
RIP JustJeff

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Waldo wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:40
I get a kick out of this draft, its like a classic TT draft, utter meltdown from fans.
That was every TT draft. :lol:
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Isaiah Coulter feels more like a 4th rounder to me, but I could ok a 3rd round selection on him