Whose Side Are You On?

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Whose Side

Aaron Rodgers
22%
The Front Office
78%

Total votes: 32

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
13 Jun 2021 12:18
welcome folks to conspiracy U, we dabble in out right lies, half truths, and innuendo, the truth, is never the real truth, in fact our convolutions are more accurate then even a tape or video, people that give those speeches and do those pressers are actors and paid to say those things :rotf:

who really knows what message Murphy is trying to send, I doubt he even knows, I think everyone at 1265 would just like Rodgers to return, and talking or saying what Mark said probably isn't going to help that happen, If I where them I'd refuse to answer any question concerning Rodgers, the media mongrels be damned.
Well it surely seems obvious to anyone with a brain that the Packers should keep Rodgers name out their mouth when they address the public..yet Murphy continues to do it. This time he even invokes the dead to do it. Hence the popularization of conspiracy theories. I mean why else would Murphy continue to do what we all know is a bad idea? It’s bc he secretly wants Rodgers gone and is probably being blackmailed or compromised by the bears or course.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Andy Herman just had a podcast today about Murphy and his lack of tact. On one hand he says both sides should say as little as possible and here he is saying something publicly.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
13 Jun 2021 13:32
Andy Herman just had a podcast today about Murphy and his lack of tact. On one hand he says both sides should say as little as possible and here he is saying something publicly.
I have stated several times that I think Murphy is a more central character in this story than many people realize.

Read More. Post Less.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Drj820 wrote:
13 Jun 2021 12:40
Yoop wrote:
welcome folks to conspiracy U, we dabble in out right lies, half truths, and innuendo, the truth, is never the real truth, in fact our convolutions are more accurate then even a tape or video, people that give those speeches and do those pressers are actors and paid to say those things :rotf:

who really knows what message Murphy is trying to send, I doubt he even knows, I think everyone at 1265 would just like Rodgers to return, and talking or saying what Mark said probably isn't going to help that happen, If I where them I'd refuse to answer any question concerning Rodgers, the media mongrels be damned.
Well it surely seems obvious to anyone with a brain that the Packers should keep Rodgers name out their mouth when they address the public..yet Murphy continues to do it. This time he even invokes the dead to do it. Hence the popularization of conspiracy theories. I mean why else would Murphy continue to do what we all know is a bad idea? It’s bc he secretly wants Rodgers gone and is probably being blackmailed or compromised by the bears or course.
Of course Murphy and Gute want Rodgers gone.

They don't want Rodgers telling them who to draft, who to cut and who to resign for how much. They view that as their job.
They don't want Rodgers taking even more of the salary cap and to have to cut a starter to pay for Rodgers' raise
They want to be regarded as Wolf and TT were (before TT declined), hero's that built a SB winning team. The only way they can achieve this in a 3 year window is for Love to start now. If they give Rodgers what he wants, the Packers get bounced in the playoffs and are in salary cap hell next year and get nothing for Rodgers 2 years from now.

What they don't want is to get blamed if Love isn't ready and the Packers miss the playoffs this season. Hence, set up Rodgers to take the blame for getting himself traded.

Murphy and Gute have a 3-4 year window to produce a SB victory. They probably can't do this by keeping Rodgers. Instead keeping Rodgers results in getting bounced in the playoffs this year and not getting additional 1st round picks and being in salary cap hell for the next 3-4 years.

I don't know why this is so hard for some people to understand.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

TheSkeptic wrote:
13 Jun 2021 14:42
Drj820 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

They don't want Rodgers telling them who to draft, who to cut and who to resign for how much. They view that as their job.
They don't want Rodgers taking even more of the salary cap and to have to cut a starter to pay for Rodgers' raise
They want to be regarded as Wolf and TT were (before TT declined), hero's that built a SB winning team. The only way they can achieve this in a 3 year window is for Love to start now. If they give Rodgers what he wants, the Packers get bounced in the playoffs and are in salary cap hell next year and get nothing for Rodgers 2 years from now.

What they don't want is to get blamed if Love isn't ready and the Packers miss the playoffs this season. Hence, set up Rodgers to take the blame for getting himself traded.

Murphy and Gute have a 3-4 year window to produce a SB victory. They probably can't do this by keeping Rodgers. Instead keeping Rodgers results in getting bounced in the playoffs this year and not getting additional 1st round picks and being in salary cap hell for the next 3-4 years.

I like that you admit that gute and Murphs plan isn’t so “wait and see and make a decision later” as some think, but that you think they actively want Rodgers gone. I get the feeling Murph may want him gone too.

I would just say if you are correct on their thoughts, they better pray to god that Love can play...and play at a high level because all the saved cap space in the world doesnt mean anything if Love sucks.

And once you push a guy like 12 out the door, there is no gurantee you will ever have another guy like him walk back through the door.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

TheSkeptic wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

simple, it's a fantasy, thats why people don't understand you

the very best thing that could happen for Murphy, Guty, Lafluer, You and every other fan is if Rodgers plays for the Packers the next 3 to 5 years, no other thing the FO could do would insure that we go to the playoffs and have a chance to play for a trophy in that time frame, nada.

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

TheSkeptic wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Anyone who currently thinks Love gives the Packers a better chance to win the SB is completely delusional.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

williewasgreat wrote:
14 Jun 2021 08:54
Anyone who currently thinks Love gives the Packers a better chance to win the SB is completely delusional.
Anyone who thinks Rodgers is the ONLY answer is only capable of thinking in the current moment.

Read More. Post Less.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Given Murphy's recent and prior comments, I think anything that has been leaked to press is likely from the packers.

Murphy doing his best to tarnish Rodgers.

No idea what Murphy even does and he seemingly has a bigger ego than our MVP superbowl QB with the 2 highest rated seasons of all time.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
14 Jun 2021 08:56
williewasgreat wrote:
Anyone who thinks Rodgers is the ONLY answer is only capable of thinking in the current moment.
the currant moment is where people aught to live, sure plan for tomorrow, but as the saying goes, tomorrow is a promisary note, yesterday a canceled check, today is what matters most, if ya do what needs doing today, then tomorrow tends to take care of itself.

Love can look like the best QB to ever play, in TC, minny's, and OTA's, I bet a lot of rookie QB's do, then the real games start and that all changes, so ya, from what we know now, Rodgers is the only logical answer to manage our QB position.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Murphy has absolutely no idea how to treat a star player. Most of them are gonna be divas. You need to manage that. You don’t call them and say don’t be the problem. You don’t publicly say he’s a complicated fellow.

Murphy is honestly a buffoon when it comes to speaking to people. Good hire on Matt LaFleur. I would say good hire on Gutey but all reports were he wanted Russ Ball and Rodgers/MM put a stop to that stupid &%$@.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
14 Jun 2021 09:11
NCF wrote:
14 Jun 2021 08:56
williewasgreat wrote:
the currant moment is where people aught to live, sure plan for tomorrow, but as the saying goes, tomorrow is a promisary note, yesterday a canceled check, today is what matters most, if ya do what needs doing today, then tomorrow tends to take care of itself.

Love can look like the best QB to ever play, in TC, minny's, and OTA's, I bet a lot of rookie QB's do, then the real games start and that all changes, so ya, from what we know now, Rodgers is the only logical answer to manage our QB position.
Today. Yes. There is this whole big situation, though, that we should be carefully managing so we can enjoy the best of both worlds. Do it right and you could end up with MVP-level QB play for the next few years and high level QB play for the next decade and a half.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Green Bay is sort of like a college town. Murphy just thinks he is still at Northwestern playing the role of athletic director. His biggest job is bringing in money and developing the business side of the org with TitleTown and what not. Similiar to how college ADs biggest job is fundraising. Because he sees himself as AD he can’t just let the GM pick the new coach, that has to be his job too. That’s why he created the new org flow chart. We all know colleges want their players to be seen and not heard as they rake in the money for the college and the AD. Murphy probably has a similar philosophy on how Rodgers should be behaving.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
14 Jun 2021 09:39
Green Bay is sort of like a college town. Murphy just thinks he is still at Northwestern playing the role of athletic director.
Real footage of Aaron Rodgers last visit to Dean Murphy’s office.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

That's f-ing awesome!

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

bud fox wrote:
14 Jun 2021 09:03
Given Murphy's recent and prior comments, I think anything that has been leaked to press is likely from the packers.

No idea what Murphy even does and he seemingly has a bigger ego than our MVP superbowl QB with the 2 highest rated seasons of all time.
Based on the last several posts in this thread, I am glad people are starting to see Murphy for who he is. He has way too high opinion of himself and his importance. You can tell by how he carries himself, and that stupid smirk and fake laugh. About 4 or 5 years ago in the summer I saw him at Lambeau going up the elevator to his office with a (I think McDonald's) soda. His walk screamed ego. Add in his total tone deafness about the values of the community where he works, and I never understood why so many liked and defended him.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Gutey does have communication issues. I do continue to hold him accountable for that aspect of all of these issues. But he doesn’t strike me as a very arrogant person. He does strike me as Murphs “yes man” in that I can’t see him challenging Murph much, going against him, or doing anything too radical without him approval. At least this early in his tenure.

So yes, this whole thing could just be that Murphy’s ego has exploded to the point where it can’t be in the same building as someone with an inflated ego such as Rodgers. I mean 12 is notoriously hard to get along with, Murphy May carry a similar vibe. Dean Murphy likes his players seen and not hurt and wants them to know he is in charge.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

ehhhhh I don't know how you can tell a persons head is fat, or that they are a snobby ego maniac from simply watching them carry a coke and walk down a hallway, thats perception skills I don't posses, nore can I truthfully say that Gutekunst acts much different then other team GM's, heck Ted gave less information during a presser then any GM we ever had, it's probably human nature for these guys to be vague.

so all I have to go on the decisions these guys have made and the affects it's had on the team, in Murphy's case he stayed out of involvement while Teds GM ability declined till he had to do something, McCarthy allowed Capers to hang around hoping Ted would provide some talent his schemes needed to work, didn't happen, and Ted allowed McCarthy to languish as HC for possibly the same reasons, finally these problems became so bad Murphy had no choice but to step in, or the board of directors might have done a house cleaning which would have meant he would lose his job too.

his promotion of Gutekunst or hiring may not have been solely his choice, however it's turned into a very good hire, for the most part it's hard to argue against the success he's had with building up this team, and Lafluer to was a stroke of genius, brought a very advanced offense to our team.

I'am fine never hearing another comment from Murphy, never looked forward to hearing anything he had to say in the past, and wish he wouldn't talk to the media at all concerning Rodgers, he's comments don't help this situation at all.

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

wallyuwl wrote:
14 Jun 2021 12:08
bud fox wrote:
14 Jun 2021 09:03

Based on the last several posts in this thread, I am glad people are starting to see Murphy for who he is. He has way too high opinion of himself and his importance. You can tell by how he carries himself, and that stupid smirk and fake laugh. About 4 or 5 years ago in the summer I saw him at Lambeau going up the elevator to his office with a (I think McDonald's) soda. His walk screamed ego. Add in his total tone deafness about the values of the community where he works, and I never understood why so many liked and defended him.
Yes, Murphy's inability to keep his big mouth shut has really irked me. I spoke very openly about how much I thought the new FO structure was a very bad idea at the time. But Murphy's handling of the current situation has shown me that he is not the person to be leading this franchise.