Whose Side Are You On?

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Whose Side

Aaron Rodgers
22%
The Front Office
78%

Total votes: 32

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Gute was always going to be the guy after Thompson though right? After Schneider, McKenzie and Dorsey left he was the last main personnel guy? Wolf too young and Ball a numbers guy the whole time.

Give more credit to Thompson for growing that whole group very well.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

bud fox wrote:
14 Jun 2021 15:29
Gute was always going to be the guy after Thompson though right? After Schneider, McKenzie and Dorsey left he was the last main personnel guy? Wolf too young and Ball a numbers guy the whole time.

I think Wolf was strongly considered. He seemed to be the front runner for outside media until insiders zeroed in.

Read More. Post Less.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

NCF wrote:
14 Jun 2021 18:59
bud fox wrote:

I think Wolf was strongly considered. He seemed to be the front runner for outside media until insiders zeroed in.
Just had a look at Wolf - never a scout. Always on the pro personnel side getting the nice start with his name. Ultimately the easy road likely hurt his development.

I couldn't imagine packers having a non scout GM - draft is such a huge emphasis and Murphy no doubt adopted that from Ted.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

All report was Ball was gonna be the guy until MM and Rodgers told Murphy he was being a $%@# idiot wanting to hire a cap guy. Then he hired Gutey.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
14 Jun 2021 20:30
All report was Ball was gonna be the guy until MM and Rodgers told Murphy he was being a $%@# idiot wanting to hire a cap guy. Then he hired Gutey.
Wait...I thought Murphy was an ego-driven narcissist? How would a failing coach and mere player force him to do anything?

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

APB wrote:
14 Jun 2021 20:51
lupedafiasco wrote:
Wait...I thought Murphy was an ego-driven narcissist? How would a failing coach and mere player force him to do anything?
Took the advice then flipped it into believing it was his idea and plan. Classic ego-driven narcissistic behavior.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

The boys of title town
Attachments
F034D6FC-F850-447A-997C-14456FA8F522.jpeg
F034D6FC-F850-447A-997C-14456FA8F522.jpeg (464.89 KiB) Viewed 398 times
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

APB wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
Everything sounds good inside ones own head.

Once he tried to put that idiocy into action smarter heads prevailed.

Nothing wrong with MM the coach. He’s just a poor OC.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

bud fox wrote:
14 Jun 2021 21:03
APB wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
Took the advice then flipped it into believing it was his idea and plan. Classic ego-driven narcissistic behavior.
How do you know this and what proof do you have to support this theory?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Acrobat wrote:
15 Jun 2021 06:35
bud fox wrote:
APB wrote:

go look it up, plenty of links out there detailing that coaches and GM need to be able to work well together, and Russ Ball has very little experience as a personal man, or as a scout, I have no doubts what so ever that neither McCarthy or Rodgers would of thought of Ball as a good fit, hell don't take our word for it, do some investigating so you know what the hell your arguing about.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

bud fox wrote:
14 Jun 2021 19:59
NCF wrote:
14 Jun 2021 18:59
bud fox wrote:

Just had a look at Wolf - never a scout. Always on the pro personnel side getting the nice start with his name. Ultimately the easy road likely hurt his development.

I couldn't imagine packers having a non scout GM - draft is such a huge emphasis and Murphy no doubt adopted that from Ted.
wrong, Eliot was scouting players by the time he was 10 yrs old with his father, since that time till he left to go to Cleveland when Gute was hired he'd been to over 20 combines and countless pro days, he'll be a GM some where, I think his young age, and lack of NFL exposure has held him back, GM's, tend to be well traveled, moving from one regime to another learning the tricks of the trade, Guty was probably the more experienced, I think he started scouting earlier.

Eliot is with NE this year in the personal department.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:
15 Jun 2021 07:25
Acrobat wrote:
bud fox wrote:

go look it up, plenty of links out there detailing that coaches and GM need to be able to work well together, and Russ Ball has very little experience as a personal man, or as a scout, I have no doubts what so ever that neither McCarthy or Rodgers would of thought of Ball as a good fit, hell don't take our word for it, do some investigating so you know what the hell your arguing about.
If your answer to “show proof” is “go look it up” that means that you don’t have proof.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Raptorman wrote:
10 Jun 2021 15:11
Scott4Pack wrote:
10 Jun 2021 12:02
Raptorman wrote:
09 Jun 2021 01:51

No QB with only 4 letters in his name has ever won a Super Bowl.
Fran?

;-)
Last name. Besides his name was Francis.
True nuff!
:lol:

I actually respected and enjoyed him a great deal. Thought he never got enough credit.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Acrobat wrote:
15 Jun 2021 08:09
Yoop wrote:
Acrobat wrote:

If your answer to “show proof” is “go look it up” that means that you don’t have proof.
no, what it means is that as usual Acrobat, you bring up hollow complaints in your arguments..

I can bring proof, I made it a point to find out that what Lupe said was accurate, but I'll be damned if I'am going to bring that info just to dispute a person to lazy to do so themselves as is always the case with you.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:
15 Jun 2021 09:07
Acrobat wrote:
Yoop wrote:

no, what it means is that as usual Acrobat, you bring up hollow complaints in your arguments..

I can bring proof, I made it a point to find out that what Lupe said was accurate, but I'll be damned if I'am going to bring that info just to dispute a person to lazy to do so themselves as is always the case with you.
If your next response becomes personal insults and projection, then you REALLY don't have any proof.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Acrobat wrote:
15 Jun 2021 09:10
Yoop wrote:
Acrobat wrote:

If your next response becomes personal insults and projection, then you REALLY don't have any proof.
wah, wah wah, wah wah wah, go look it up, real simple, just go to google and type in GM search GB Packers, the insulting thing is you not bothering to have any sort of evidence that what Lupe said is wrong, and expecting others to do the leg work to prove he's right, I know he's right, and you doubting it is your problem.

you post hoping to be insulted, you do it every time you come to this forum

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:
15 Jun 2021 09:16
Acrobat wrote:
15 Jun 2021 09:10
Yoop wrote:

wah, wah wah, wah wah wah, go look it up, real simple, just go to google and type in GM search GB Packers, the insulting thing is you not bothering to have any sort of evidence that what Lupe said is wrong, and expecting others to do the leg work to prove he's right, I know he's right, and you doubting it is your problem.

you post hoping to be insulted, you do it every time you come to this forum
Seriously, I just asked Bud Fox for proof that Murphy "took the advice then flipped it into believing it was his idea and plan. Classic ego-driven narcissistic behavior." I hadn't heard that he did that and I was hoping for some kind of proof that Murphy indeed took someone else's idea and made it his own.

Might want to reread your posts and then revisit who has opportunities for improvement in their posting/debate style.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
15 Jun 2021 09:19
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burden_ ... hilosophy)

The above may help.
I agree with the comment Lupe made, I had seen articles that claimed that McCarthy and Rodgers didn't think Russ Ball would be a good fit as a GM that they would have to deal with.

here is a googgle link to at least 2 or 3 articles that any 10 year old with a PC could have easily found, obviously that was either to difficult for the complainer to do , or he wasn't interested in proof anyway, but rather to just be argumentative

https://www.google.com/search?q=why+was ... &sourceid=