Random stuff

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
08 May 2021 06:54
Pckfn23 wrote:
31 Mar 2020 15:28
It's one thing to struggle with technology. It's a completely separate thing to not understand reply and reply all... :thwap: :kaboom:
I swear to God half the staff at my school can't figure this out.
Though this irritates me, I really really can't stand those that forward emails that everyone already got. They'd know this if they'd look in the recipient lines

Does it make them feel important or something?
RIP JustJeff

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

TheGreenMan wrote:
08 May 2021 15:33
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
31 Mar 2020 15:28
It's one thing to struggle with technology. It's a completely separate thing to not understand reply and reply all... :thwap: :kaboom:
Though this irritates me, I really really can't stand those that forward emails that everyone already got. They'd know this if they'd look in the recipient lines

Its email guys. Its new to me too.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Trudge wrote:
08 May 2021 19:15
TheGreenMan wrote:
08 May 2021 15:33
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:

Its email guys. Its new to me too.
Oh, this was a joke. I had email in 99. :lol:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

image.png
image.png (1.32 MiB) Viewed 441 times
RIP JustJeff

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

APB wrote:
02 May 2021 21:07
Captain_Ben wrote:
29 Apr 2021 18:28
Welp, been all congested the past couple days and as of about an hour ago I cannot taste or smell anything. But I can't tell if it's, like, the standard "I have a headcold and can't taste or smell anything" or something different. For those who have had Covid, was there any distinct aspect of the taste/smell loss that was different from a regular cold? Other than that, I'm good.
My wife and I didn’t experience anything extreme in terms of COVID infection. We did, and continue to, have taste and smell decrement that persists today but didn’t suffer any other significant infection symptoms. Some minor fever that persisted maybe a day along with some minor body aches, too. Overall, tho, had I not known and been looking for COVID symptoms, I’d have never thought twice about having just another head cold.
Glad you and your wife recovered quickly. I ended up testing negative.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

wallyuwl wrote:
29 Apr 2021 20:14
Captain_Ben wrote:
29 Apr 2021 18:28
Welp, been all congested the past couple days and as of about an hour ago I cannot taste or smell anything. But I can't tell if it's, like, the standard "I have a headcold and can't taste or smell anything" or something different. For those who have had Covid, was there any distinct aspect of the taste/smell loss that was different from a regular cold? Other than that, I'm good.
For me it was like the flu (chills, aches, fever), and turned into more respiratory things after a few days and eventually mild pneumonia. Same for wife but she had the no taste or smell early on as first sign.
I had asthma as a child but eventually "outgrew" it. I've never experienced symptoms in adulthood and I'm young and in very good shape, so I'm not too concerned about it resurfacing should I contract the virus.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

APB wrote:
07 May 2021 22:33
I’m doing some float work filling in with the Temple University Flight EMS program. In Philly for 4 days. Had a steak sandwich from “Steve’s Prince of Steaks” and woah! Now I see why the Philly sandwiches are touted! Great sandwich!

Didn’t you live in Philadelphia @lupedafiasco? What are some other good sandwich joints around? I’ve heard Gino’s has gone all tourist. Jim’s in Philly proper is supposedly good but a drive from where I’m staying. I’ve heard good things about Pudge’s, too. Any recommendations? Looking for good local cuisine, not just steak sandwiches.
Back from my trip. Came to discover I enjoy the roasted pork with broccoli rabe sandwich from DiNic's Pork and Beef considerably more than any cheese steak sandwich I've ever had. I added roasted sweet peppers to the one pictured here, as well. Man, what a good sandwich!

Apparently roasted pork is every bit a Philly thing as cheese steak. If you're asking me, the roasted pork is hands down better and should be getting the nationwide acclaim, not the cheese steak.
Attachments
Resized_20210508_143206.jpeg
Resized_20210508_143206.jpeg (581.54 KiB) Viewed 420 times

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

I've started sending pie recipes to every staff member who uses Reply All instead of Reply.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
14 May 2021 16:55
I've started sending pie recipes to every staff member who uses Reply All instead of Reply.
I like this, I might try hitting the reply all too.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB wrote:
11 May 2021 06:39
APB wrote:
07 May 2021 22:33
I’m doing some float work filling in with the Temple University Flight EMS program. In Philly for 4 days. Had a steak sandwich from “Steve’s Prince of Steaks” and woah! Now I see why the Philly sandwiches are touted! Great sandwich!

Didn’t you live in Philadelphia @lupedafiasco? What are some other good sandwich joints around? I’ve heard Gino’s has gone all tourist. Jim’s in Philly proper is supposedly good but a drive from where I’m staying. I’ve heard good things about Pudge’s, too. Any recommendations? Looking for good local cuisine, not just steak sandwiches.
Back from my trip. Came to discover I enjoy the roasted pork with broccoli rabe sandwich from DiNic's Pork and Beef considerably more than any cheese steak sandwich I've ever had. I added roasted sweet peppers to the one pictured here, as well. Man, what a good sandwich!

Apparently roasted pork is every bit a Philly thing as cheese steak. If you're asking me, the roasted pork is hands down better and should be getting the nationwide acclaim, not the cheese steak.
I think I could see looking up some recipes on this and giving it a whirl.

Imo pork >> beef for sandwiches, so this makes a lot of sense.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I wish I had known more about home ownership and repairs before I bought this stupid house 14 years ago. I wouldn't have. Last owners did a &%$@ job and cut corners everywhere and I'm starting to pay for it.
RIP JustJeff

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

paco wrote:
25 May 2021 13:10
I wish I had known more about home ownership and repairs before I bought this stupid house 14 years ago. I wouldn't have. Last owners did a &%$@ job and cut corners everywhere and I'm starting to pay for it.
One of the big reasons we bought a newer (2003) house. A few DIY things from the prior owners needed fixing, but not too bad. Just ordered new carpet and looking at new cabinets and maybe new kitchen flooring.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

paco wrote:
25 May 2021 13:10
Previous bad DIY is my number one headache when rehabbing a property.

I have to undo a bunch of stuff to even get to the job I want to do...

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

This might be my first time back in a movie theater in quite a while (probably an AMC one).
RIP JustJeff

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

So I'm in Esky till Monday. They have their Krussin Klassics going on so I'm checking out my friends ride. Any others going around Esky?

Willink
Reactions:

Post by Willink »

Car market like housing is out of control, sold my 2013 Cadillac ATS to Carvana for a 2017 Audi A6, they gave me 4k over KBB :lol:

Heading up to thousand islands for a few days then back to Rochester to make the vehicle exchange on Friday, I'll let you guys know how the process goes for those inquisitive about lackadaisically buying vehicles online sight unseen.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Willink wrote:
05 Jun 2021 15:11
Car market like housing is out of control, sold my 2013 Cadillac ATS to Carvana for a 2017 Audi A6, they gave me 4k over KBB :lol:

Heading up to thousand islands for a few days then back to Rochester to make the vehicle exchange on Friday, I'll let you guys know how the process goes for those inquisitive about lackadaisically buying vehicles online sight unseen.
I am curious to hear. I haven't heard the greatest stuff about Carvana so far. Mostly about the condition of the car and dealing with how to get that remedied afterward. Hopefully you have a good experience.
RIP JustJeff

Willink
Reactions:

Post by Willink »

paco wrote:
06 Jun 2021 07:40
Willink wrote:
05 Jun 2021 15:11

I am curious to hear. I haven't heard the greatest stuff about Carvana so far. Mostly about the condition of the car and dealing with how to get that remedied afterward. Hopefully you have a good experience.
Took all of twenty minutes for them to load up previous vehicle and sign over new one. Also removed tint that would fail state inspection I inquired about without me actually following up. Transferred registration from my Cadillac so just swapped the plates over. Car is in good shape from my initial clambering through, gonna get mechanic to look at it Monday.
Attachments
20210611_192755.jpg
20210611_192755.jpg (3.17 MiB) Viewed 347 times

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Huh. Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

I had looked into Carvana when my daughter was recently in the market. Their prices for purchase were noticeably and consistently lower than the traditional market vehicles. She ended up going with a local dealership, though, as she didn’t want to risk the sight unseen surprises.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Having pets suck. You get attached, then they get sick and start dying on you. Found out today 1 of our cats probably has cancer and less than a year to live. Maybe only a few months. She's had a good long life, but it still sucks.
RIP JustJeff