Vaccinations and 2021 NFL season (no politics)

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

All three vaccines authorized for emergency use by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) have been thoroughly tested and found to be safe and effective in preventing severe COVID-19

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/ ... ccine-safe
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
22 Jun 2021 19:51
APB wrote:
22 Jun 2021 18:03
I guess I can understand a guy like Beasley taking umbrage over being forced to take an experimental drug because a largely unhealthy and obese public, who couldn’t care enough about their own health to keep their bodies in a condition that could (very likely) easily fend off the virus, who now might get sick if they should come in contact with him are now forcing him into taking a risk inducing action. The fact HE should have to take the jab, and if he refuses HE be the one who is confined, distanced, and masked when it is THEY who put themselves at risk in the first place is likely what is eating at his craw.
this attitude of i'll look out for myself and to hell with others is why America leads the world in covid death rate.

the problem is there are to many Beasley minded people in this country.
That's why Rule #4 is exists. :)
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
22 Jun 2021 19:34
@Ghost_Lombardi - it’s funny you zeroed in on the “scare” quotes.

When I added the quotes, my intention was to highlight Beasley’s supposed need for a “vaccine” when, in reality, Beasley likely has no need for it. In other words, he doesn’t need fixing. He is in a demographic group that has shown overwhelming resistance to any serious infection reaction.

Scare? Hardly. Just trying to make a nuanced point.
Deaths only was highlighted. The long term effects of COVID are not just measured in deaths.
I guess I can understand a guy like Beasley taking umbrage over being forced to take an experimental drug
And here is where it goes off the rails. A large amount of ignorance has to occur to continue to use the term "experimental drug."
https://www.statnews.com/2020/11/10/the ... cine-race/
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 22 Jun 2021 21:56, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
22 Jun 2021 19:52
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
22 Jun 2021 19:06
There is no risk to the vaccine. And note that I wrote vaccine sans scare quotes.

Cole B is just an ignorant jackass. He's also selfish and hurting his team.
Haven’t even heard the experts claim this, nor the paper work you must sign when you take the jab.
I literally signed no paperwork. Why is paperwork an issue... Hmmm?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
22 Jun 2021 19:51
APB wrote:
22 Jun 2021 18:03
I guess I can understand a guy like Beasley taking umbrage over being forced to take an experimental drug because a largely unhealthy and obese public, who couldn’t care enough about their own health to keep their bodies in a condition that could (very likely) easily fend off the virus, who now might get sick if they should come in contact with him are now forcing him into taking a risk inducing action. The fact HE should have to take the jab, and if he refuses HE be the one who is confined, distanced, and masked when it is THEY who put themselves at risk in the first place is likely what is eating at his craw.
this attitude of i'll look out for myself and to hell with others is why America leads the world in covid death rate.

the problem is there are to many Beasley minded people in this country.
Or maybe the problem is too many of the people described in the paragraph you quoted? People who do not take responsibility for their own health and actions. An over abundance of people who need others to do for them what they could very well do for themselves.

Side note: It is ironic you reference “America” and “this country” in your response all while being critical of some of the very human traits that this country was founded upon.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
22 Jun 2021 21:53
Drj820 wrote:
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
22 Jun 2021 19:06
There is no risk to the vaccine. And note that I wrote vaccine sans scare quotes.

Cole B is just an ignorant jackass. He's also selfish and hurting his team.
Haven’t even heard the experts claim this, nor the paper work you must sign when you take the jab.
What’s the dramatic hmmm for, i had to sign lots of paperwork saying i understood it had not been fully authorized and that I understood I couldn’t sue and Info about a fund for people that have issues with it
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
22 Jun 2021 22:04
Pckfn23 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

What’s the dramatic hmmm for, i had to sign lots of paperwork saying i understood it had not been fully authorized and that I understood I couldn’t sue and Info about a fund for people that have issues with it
Interesting, I think you got hustled or...

I quite literally signed nothing of the sort. I confirmed my ID for scheduling an appointment and then gave them my Health Insurance card. Nothing more. It was no different than going to the clinic for an appointment.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
22 Jun 2021 21:52
APB wrote:

When I added the quotes, my intention was to highlight Beasley’s supposed need for a “vaccine” when, in reality, Beasley likely has no need for it. In other words, he doesn’t need fixing. He is in a demographic group that has shown overwhelming resistance to any serious infection reaction.

Deaths only was highlighted. The long term effects of COVID are not just measured in deaths.
I guess I can understand a guy like Beasley taking umbrage over being forced to take an experimental drug
And here is where it goes off the rails. A large amount of ignorance has to occur to continue to use the term "experimental drug."
I’m sorry. Experimental was overstating. I should have said “Emergency use” since it has not completed full FDA test protocols. The point remains unchanged.

Anything else to contribute aside from your little semantics victory?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
22 Jun 2021 22:06
Drj820 wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

I quite literally signed nothing of the sort. I confirmed my ID for scheduling an appointment and then gave them my Health Insurance card. Nothing more. It was no different than going to the clinic for an appointment.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/paperwor ... ne-5094161

Are you so narcissistic that bc you didn’t sign paperwork you think I got hustled...or am Lying? It’s common and not that interesting. Maybe you got a placebo.

It’s a vaccine under emergency authorization, of course they make you sign a consent form.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
22 Jun 2021 22:10
Pckfn23 wrote:
APB wrote:

I’m sorry. Experimental was overstating. I should have said “Emergency use” since it has not completed full FDA test protocols. The point remains unchanged.

Not semantics even in the slightest. It's a funny game that some want to play by calling it experimental. It isn't. That wasn't an accident unfortunately because it is used frequently by a certain group.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
22 Jun 2021 22:13
APB wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Not semantics even in the slightest. It's a funny game that some want to play by calling it experimental. It isn't. That wasn't an accident unfortunately because it is used frequently by a certain group.
I guess that’s a no.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Are you so narcissistic that bc you didn’t sign paperwork you think I got hustled...or am Lying? It’s common and not that interesting. Maybe you got a placebo.

It’s a vaccine under emergency authorization, of course they make you sign a consent form.
I am sure that is it. I got a placebo. :aok:

No, I know truth doesn't come easy to those that want to prove a point beyond reasonable facts.

What was your point in mentioning paperwork?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
22 Jun 2021 22:16
Pckfn23 wrote:
22 Jun 2021 22:13
APB wrote:

I guess that’s a no.
No more or less than others, I guess.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
22 Jun 2021 22:16
Drj820 wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

I am sure that is it. I got a placebo. :aok:

No, I know truth doesn't come easy to those that want to prove a point beyond reasonable facts.

What was your point in mentioning paperwork?
What point am I working so hard to prove? I started this thread by asking how long the NFL will treat guys advised by their doctors to not take the vaccine like leper’s.

Nevermind, don’t answer that.

Then I responded to Ghost when he said their is no risk by saying they don’t ask you sign consent forms for things with zero risk.

In the future, please go back to not interacting with me. You accused me of being a liar or that I got hustled, then accused me of being a liar again bc you think I am
Trying to prove a point and bc your placebo facilitator didn’t follow standard administrative protocols. I don’t like interacting with you, please just ignore my posts. Thx.
Last edited by Drj820 on 22 Jun 2021 22:48, edited 1 time in total.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Who are these NFL players that have been advised by their doctors not to get the vaccine? Are we creating artificial conflict here?

What are these standard protocols? Can these be shown to us? I saw an article from January that detailed some vague expectations. Are these still the standard protocols or did these change? Were they ever this?

Ghost was wrong in saying there is 0 risk for everyone.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Trudge wrote:
22 Jun 2021 20:08
All three vaccines authorized for emergency use by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) have been thoroughly tested and found to be safe and effective in preventing severe COVID-19

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/ ... ccine-safe
Statements like this are useless. To someone who doesn't trust anything from the establishment (the same establishment who has had a horrible track record when making assertions throughout the pandemic), how would yet another statement of fact from some bureaucratic org move the needle at all?

And I'm not even an anti-vaxxer when it comes to the covid vaccine. I just think the left/center-left crowd is flexing their 105 IQ again about something about which they have no actual insight other than being able to read and parrot statements they read online somewhere (which is why I also don't believe a word out of the right/Q crowd when it comes to this vaccine either).

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

This thread has started going off the rails, and I think everyone has gotten to say their piece when it comes to the vaccine and the NFL.

I'll lock the thread, but will reopen it if there are major developments when it comes to the football side of things.

Mod Edit: temporary locking of this thread has been lifted. Related posts transfered from other threads to this topic begin following this post.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

So apparently there is a Covid opt out date of July 2 for 2021.

Rodgers would not have to give back the 2021 portion of the signing bonus or his March roster bonus (per the news I read).

If AR really is going to sit for 2021, that makes the July 2 opt out pretty damn attractive.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Hmmm, Florio did have an interesting insight. Aaron could COVID opt out the 2021 season.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Jun 2021 08:25
Hmmm, Florio did have an interesting insight. Aaron could COVID opt out the 2021 season.
That would be such a dick move, even Yoop might have trouble spinning it into someone else's fault...