Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

TheSkeptic wrote:
24 Jun 2021 18:00
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
24 Jun 2021 17:05
I tell my students all the time that they don't need to go to a four year college to be successful or have financial independence.

Electrician, plumber, auto techs....

The college push happens because we know that America can really suck - no healthcare, no home ownership, ten dollar an hour &%$@ job. Only those who have never been poor think that there is anything romantic about it.

The way in which we are living together is making us a mean and stupid people.
No American knows what it is like to be poor. Poor is an outdoor toilet in January in a climate like Wisconsin. Poor is no shower from October to April. Poor is potatoes as 3/4 of your diet and eating the chicken that died of old age. Poor is pulling your wife's tooth or having her pull yours because you don't have money for a dentist. Poor is being unlucky enough to be born in the paradise that was the former Soviet Union - and this is how half of the people that live there still exist.
ya, we've all read the books too.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

TheSkeptic wrote:
24 Jun 2021 18:00
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
24 Jun 2021 17:05
I tell my students all the time that they don't need to go to a four year college to be successful or have financial independence.

Electrician, plumber, auto techs....

The college push happens because we know that America can really suck - no healthcare, no home ownership, ten dollar an hour &%$@ job. Only those who have never been poor think that there is anything romantic about it.

The way in which we are living together is making us a mean and stupid people.
No American knows what it is like to be poor. Poor is an outdoor toilet in January in a climate like Wisconsin. Poor is no shower from October to April. Poor is potatoes as 3/4 of your diet and eating the chicken that died of old age. Poor is pulling your wife's tooth or having her pull yours because you don't have money for a dentist. Poor is being unlucky enough to be born in the paradise that was the former Soviet Union - and this is how half of the people that live there still exist.
Not sure what the USSR stuff is about. I assume since I stated that the US can suck that your Pavlovian &%$@ auto reply kicked in.

All those examples...they all occur in the US. That is why Doctors Without Borders visits our cities. There are places is the US where people don't have running water or health and dental and if you don't have cash you don't get seen, where the median income is around 11k per year. I know, because I've taught there.

The 21st century isn't a choice between the Soviet Union or corrupt crony capitalism. We have other options.
Last edited by Ghost_Lombardi on 24 Jun 2021 19:29, edited 1 time in total.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

What is happening?
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

So, football??? .......

Alternate helmets approved again, I love the old brown faux leather helmet color for the packers throwbacks.

But apparently not for a year, because..... Can't think of a valid reason.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

BF004 wrote:
24 Jun 2021 19:25
But apparently not for a year, because..... Can't think of a valid reason.
They need time to sell the sponsorships.

Throwback Helmets...Brought to you by Brylcream for smart, healthy hair

IT. IS. TIME

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
24 Jun 2021 16:38
I think the "you" language though is a bit unfair. My generation went to college because we were told that was the only path to success by the boomer generation. Whether it was parents, school guidance counselors, teachers, or ad marketing from the government itself....everyone told us we needed a 4 year bachelors degree to be successful. And if you didn't....then you are forced to have one of "those jobs" ....like a plumber.

"those jobs" have the bad stereotype because we were told by our parents, teachers, counselors that those jobs are our result if we don't perform well in school.
sorry that was a bit harsh.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Jun 2021 17:53
this has gone off the rails.
It's better than needing to once again bring facts to the lies being spread in the Rodgers Wants Out Thread.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
25 Jun 2021 06:20
YoHoChecko wrote:
It's better than needing to once again bring facts to the lies being spread in the Rodgers Wants Out Thread.
That's what happens with player only fans. Happened in 2008 a lot too. It sucks.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Jun 2021 08:12
go pak go wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:
That's what happens with player only fans. Happened in 2008 a lot too. It sucks.
Player only Fans, another typical insult from you, almost all fans have favorite players, those that don't I question there fanship

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
25 Jun 2021 09:39
Pckfn23 wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Player only Fans, another typical insult from you, almost all fans have favorite players, those that don't I question there fanship
There were a good number of fans in 2008 that became fans of the Jets then the Vikings as they followed Favre and were not actually Packer fans. The same will happen here should Rodgers go to another team. This is the reality of the situation, not an insult.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Jun 2021 11:17
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

There were a good number of fans in 2008 that became fans of the Jets then the Vikings as they followed Favre and were not actually Packer fans. The same will happen here should Rodgers go to another team. This is the reality of the situation, not an insult.
really where do you find this information? and just because a Packer fan follows the performance of a past Packer player doesn't mean they are no longer a Packer fan.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
25 Jun 2021 11:27
Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Jun 2021 11:17
Yoop wrote:

really where do you find this information? and just because a Packer fan follows the performance of a past Packer player doesn't mean they are no longer a Packer fan.
I find this by remembering the situation from 2008. People didn't just follow the performance of Favre as a former Packer, they they purchased Jets and Vikings gear and actively cheered for those teams.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

NCF wrote:
24 Jun 2021 19:44
Jace Sternberger is conspicuously absent, I see...
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
25 Jun 2021 12:24
Sternberger has DUI counseling obligations that prevented him from joining the event
IT. IS. TIME

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Can’t remember how this all ties into the guard vs right tackle debate, but…

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
01 Jul 2021 06:57
Can’t remember how this all ties into the guard vs right tackle debate, but…

It means get ready, Elgton Jenkins is going to make a lot of money!
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BSA wrote:
25 Jun 2021 13:05
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
25 Jun 2021 12:24
Sternberger has DUI counseling obligations that prevented him from joining the event
Why would sternberger get invited to a tight end party hosted by quality TEs? Doubt majority of the guys there even know what a sternberger is.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

At least our issues are just bickering on the football side.

And absolutely not equivalent, but still, some context:

Read More. Post Less.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

NCF wrote:
01 Jul 2021 15:16

And absolutely not equivalent, but still, some context:

Not picking a fight, but why isn't it equivalent? I do that all the time with players and fines, losses to holdouts, etc. What am I missing?