Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Jun 2021 16:40
Y’all Rodgers people make a while mindset out of what ifs, hypotheticals, and counterfactuals.

Go with what’s real; what actually happened.
What’s real is this team repeatedly squanders opportunities o be head and shoulders above the rest of the league and that starts in the off season.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Jun 2021 17:00
YoHoChecko wrote:
Y’all Rodgers people make a while mindset out of what ifs, hypotheticals, and counterfactuals.

Go with what’s real; what actually happened.
What’s real is this team repeatedly squanders opportunities o be head and shoulders above the rest of the league and that starts in the off season.
Hey man we signed devin futches
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
24 Jun 2021 16:55
go pak go wrote:
OH MY GAWD.

HOW MANY TIMES DO I NEED TO SAY THE PACKERS REACHED OUT TO AB AND AB CHOSE TO PLAY FOR TAMPA OVER GREEN BAY.

THE PACKERS TRIED TO GET AB IN TOWN.

AB CHOSE TB OVER AR.

I am not bringing the articles anymore.
“Gutey showed interest”
And AB chose Tampa for peanuts after the Packers called him asking if he wanted to play football. The rumors were out that the Packers reached out to AB first.

Why can't it just be that AB decided to play for Tom Brady in nice weather? Why does this have to be the rallying cry for the "FO screwed Rodgers" club? It's a horrible rallying cry and is only used because it's the only "kinda evidence" that fans can bring up for the 2020 season outside of Jordan Love.

It's old. It's wrong. It's dated and it means it's more about winning an argument than presenting a good argument.

Antonio Brown chose Tom Brady over Aaron Rodgers. Both teams showed interest. AB chose the Bucs and it wasn't even like it was for a lot of money. Therefore it's not because the Packers were "cheap". AB simply chose Brady over Rodgers and in the end it was a fantastic decision by AB's part.

Because he chose the winner.

And sorry. I don't mean to be a d*ck about this but it is getting really old seeing this pop up every 2 months making it appear like the Packers didn't try to sign FA's or trade for players during the season.

We tried to sign AB - he chose Tampa.
We ended up not trading for Will Fuller - he gets suspended the following week.

Overall the Packers FO really couldn't have done anything more when use hindsight.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Jun 2021 16:25
But he signed to play with Brady.

Stop trying to compare a free agent who has taken below market deals most of his NFL career who convinced other free agents to join him with a guy under contact in what was an NFL record breaking deal when he signed it and is entering the year as the league’s highest cap figure by a full $3 million.
I just brought a link that showed career earning for Brady exceeded Rodgers by about 40 mil. so he sure didn't take cut rate contracts all of his career

and could it be that Brown didn't sign here because of Guty, Rodgers isn't the only player that doesn't like this FO, Brady played for a coach/GM that bought UFA every season, often 2 or 3, why would Rodgers take a pay cut for a GM that rarely dabbled in the UFA market.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
24 Jun 2021 16:33
YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Jun 2021 16:25
But he signed to play with Brady.

Stop trying to compare a free agent who has taken below market deals most of his NFL career who convinced other free agents to join him with a guy under contact in what was an NFL record breaking deal when he signed it and is entering the year as the league’s highest cap figure by a full $3 million.
Rodgers could have vouched for him, brown could have been willing to come for a cap hit of 1 million, and Murphy and Gute would have shot Rodgers a metaphorical middle finger and not brought in a guy like Ab.
there not about to let the QB tell them what to do, and we had the #1 offense in the league, so we didn't need Brown :rotf:

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Packers signed Rodgers as a starting qb to a 4 year extension in 2018 which extended his overall contract years to 2023

Packers then drafted a first round QB first year of this extension.

Packers management are dishonest. Rodgers would have been told he would be starting QB until the end of the contract. They were going to move away from him earlier but he embarrassed them with the 2020 season. Now they know that can't move away from him albeit they already look like dummys.

Rodgers basically like "Hey you guys were getting ready to do me dirty after all I have done for this team. Screw you bums I am not carrying you lying bums anymore".

I think Rodgers is fair in thinking this way especially when you consider years and level of service.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yoop wrote:
24 Jun 2021 18:23
I just brought a link that showed career earning for Brady exceeded Rodgers by about 40 mil. so he sure didn't take cut rate contracts all of his career
He's played 5 more years. Over 5 years? $40 M is small. Rodgers will pass him two years after he retires.

Look at how each player's Cap Number ranked over the past ten years.
image.png
image.png (18.83 KiB) Viewed 442 times
Brady has only twice ranked in the top 10 cap numbers. This is one of the greatest QBs of all time. But he's PAID as an upper-middle guy every year. It's easy to say that you can game the cap, but by looking at it long term, you can see clearly that Brady is paid like an 11th to 15th best player at the position.

Rodgers, meanwhile, consistently ranks in the top ten. Only three times in the past ten years did he fall out, and only once in the past 8. Five times in the past eight years he's in the top 6 at the position. Two of the past three years he's in the top 2 at the position. Rodgers is paid like a top 6 QB in the league consistently.

Rodgers also has a more variable range as he gets BIG contracts that get passed by other guys as the contract goes on. Where as Brady more-so renegotiates every couple years and consistently stays around the same level of pay.

The numbers to the right show that when Rodgers outpaces Brady (positive numbers), it's typically by a wider dollar margin than when Brady outpaces Rodgers (negative numbers).

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Jun 2021 19:21
Rodgers, meanwhile, consistently ranks in the top ten. Only three times in the past ten years did he fall out, and only once in the past 8. Five times in the past eight years he's in the top 6 at the position. Two of the past three years he's in the top 2 at the position. Rodgers is paid like a top 6 QB in the league consistently.
still think had Ted been more active in UFA it may have inspired Rodgers to take less, and do as Brady did, what goes around comes around, Ted was so worried of getting a bad deal he'd set a low ceiling and missed out on so many players, where is the inspiration for Rodgers to help out?

Belichick, retooled his defense practically every season with seasoned vets that still had another year or two of quality ability, Ted used D&D mid to late and even UDFA as starters on ours, whos gonna chip in for that? if ya want Rodgers to immitate Brady thats not how ya do it, when D Adams is your only top receiver that doesn't help either, Rodgers played hard ball, because thats also the way our FO did it with UFA.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Yoop wrote:
24 Jun 2021 21:36
YoHoChecko wrote:
still think had Ted been more active in UFA it may have inspired Rodgers to take less, and do as Brady did, what goes around comes around, Ted was so worried of getting a bad deal he'd set a low ceiling and missed out on so many players, where is the inspiration for Rodgers to help out?

Belichick, retooled his defense practically every season with seasoned vets that still had another year or two of quality ability, Ted used D&D mid to late and even UDFA as starters on ours, whos gonna chip in for that? if ya want Rodgers to immitate Brady thats not how ya do it, when D Adams is your only top receiver that doesn't help either, Rodgers played hard ball, because thats also the way our FO did it with UFA.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

So, even Aaron being Aaron is someone else's fault... :rotf: :rotf:

Your argument stumbles at ARs last extension. By then we had a new GM, one who is willing to sign FAs. AR gave zero cents of discount. If he had taken 5—10M less per year, I bet we'd have a WR2 you'd like.

Look, I consider players to be one man companies, and don't blame AR at all for maxing his earnings.

Brady is literally the only person in the entire league who has taken bona fide discount salaries to help the team. While I'm jealous of that, and having more cap space yearly for FAs sure would've helped, I don't expect anyone to follow TB's suit, and don't think less of AR for it.

TB chose to break the game at great expense to himself.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

salmar80 wrote:
25 Jun 2021 00:11
Yoop wrote:
24 Jun 2021 21:36
YoHoChecko wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

So, even Aaron being Aaron is someone else's fault... :rotf: :rotf:

Your argument stumbles at ARs last extension. By then we had a new GM, one who is willing to sign FAs. AR gave zero cents of discount. If he had taken 5—10M less per year, I bet we'd have a WR2 you'd like.

Look, I consider players to be one man companies, and don't blame AR at all for maxing his earnings.

Brady is literally the only person in the entire league who has taken bona fide discount salaries to help the team. While I'm jealous of that, and having more cap space yearly for FAs sure would've helped, I don't expect anyone to follow TB's suit, and don't think less of AR for it.

We would have a WR 2 if we put some decent draft capital towards it like we did with Davante, Jennings, Nelson.

Why is there even a discussion about money? Why shouldn't the best player in the game be paid like the best player in the game? All these problems stem from the fact that the packers management are dishonest and were dishonest with there intentions in extending Rodgers. Rodgers just blew there scumbaggery up in there face with an MVP season. Now they are accurately being portrayed and recognized as idiots.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Still mad we didn't get Moss or Tony Gonzalez for Rodgers last year.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
25 Jun 2021 08:07
I bet Rodgers woulda made himself the 15th highest paid QB in the league if they did.

But he knew Gute was cheap so wring him for all he's worth.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

bud fox wrote:
25 Jun 2021 01:02
salmar80 wrote:
25 Jun 2021 00:11

Why is there even a discussion about money? Why shouldn't the best player in the game be paid like the best player in the game?
This is literally what Sal is saying. Rodgers is being paid like a top QB in the league. And Rodgers is also not winning a SB like most other top paid QBs in the league.

YoHo has gone over this literally 1,000's of times. The direction to win a SB is basically be a really good vet QB on a modest deal.

That is what the data is showing.
Yoop wrote:

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

BF004 wrote:
And Marshawn Lynch.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
25 Jun 2021 08:18
BF004 wrote:
And Marshawn Lynch.
To be fair, Ted not going after Moss and Lynch were pretty big F ups.

Gonzales not happening was more about the Chiefs being d*cks.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
25 Jun 2021 08:26
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
BF004 wrote:
And Marshawn Lynch.

He did go after Moss though, if I remember right.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Moss was a long time ago. The last good season he had was 2009. He could have helped Favre but was only relevant to Rodgers for 1 year.
Last edited by TheSkeptic on 25 Jun 2021 08:40, edited 1 time in total.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Jun 2021 08:32
go pak go wrote:
25 Jun 2021 08:26
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:

And Marshawn Lynch.

He did go after Moss though, if I remember right.
I mean closing the deal. He went after it and then backed off on Sunday Draft Day. A deal could have been had based on the ending price. Same with Lynch. We offered the same thing as the Seahawks but the Bills went with Seattle's offer because they thought it would be a better 4th rounder. (I think it was 4th round)

So those were situations where Ted should have sweetened the deal and actually closed on them. I will not defend not doing those deals.
Yoop wrote:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Mess with the bull, get the horns. Aka try to dump the greatest statistical passer ever and look like an idiot.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Not seeing any "look like an idiot," let along trying to dump him...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."