Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
25 Jun 2021 12:39
Mess with the bull, get the horns. Aka try to dump the greatest statistical passer ever and look like an idiot.
this FO is the laughing stock of the entire league.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:
25 Jun 2021 12:48
lupedafiasco wrote:
Mess with the bull, get the horns. Aka try to dump the greatest statistical passer ever and look like an idiot.
Totally. All of the losing in the last decade has people laughing at us pretty bad.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Acrobat wrote:
25 Jun 2021 13:31
Yoop wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
Totally. All of the losing in the last decade has people laughing at us pretty bad.
thats the point, we have the best QB in the league paramount to the winning, and can't even include him in team decisions, you can be sure other GM's are frowning on the way we treat our players, ask any departed player what they think of Guty and Murphy, plenty of comments from them concerning the way the FO treated them.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

:roll:

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Back to resorting to making things up again I see.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:
25 Jun 2021 14:47
Acrobat wrote:
Yoop wrote:

thats the point, we have the best QB in the league paramount to the winning, and can't even include him in team decisions, you can be sure other GM's are frowning on the way we treat our players, ask any departed player what they think of Guty and Murphy, plenty of comments from them concerning the way the FO treated them.
Do you have quotes from other GM's in regards to their thoughts on the Packers FO?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Acrobat wrote:
25 Jun 2021 15:12
Yoop wrote:
Acrobat wrote:

Do you have quotes from other GM's in regards to their thoughts on the Packers FO?
no, but plenty of players and most of sports media think the FO needed to treat Rodgers with more respect, and with as many teams that have never had a QB of Rodgers caliber it's no stretch that they have to be scratching there heads with how this situation has turned out.

plus plenty of retired players have said the same thing, we don't know how to treat our players, and it's not just the present FO, Ted had a reputation of not negotiating with Agents or players, he'd set his price or terms, and that was that, agents and players have said as much.

now do you want some sort of prove of that to, you act as though you weren't around when we lost out to moss, Lynch and the other UFA we missed out on, or the departed players like Jenkins, Hayward, Hyde, Sitton, Lang, etc. that claim he didn't even return calls from agents to negotiate, and comments from UFA of not wanting to come here, and of course fans quickly blame that on everything minus a GM that cares more about getting a good deal then filling a roster position of need, sure some of that hard line approach has probably paid off, but it really cost the team other times, I bet we missed out on a few safety's over the years and like lber the position was in dire need of talent for eons.

so If your a hof QB thats been the biggest reason for our winning record for most of 12 years, then he has earned more respect then having his GM cut a receiver without a heads up, and it doesn't matter if the receiver is #5, doing so a day after Rodgers gave him props, minus at least telling Rodgers they where doing so, was obviously taken as a slight by Rodgers, whether it was intentional or not doesn't matter, but you've got a first ballot HOF QB that works with these receivers every day, no matter what the decision will end up being he has a right to be involved in that conversation, and not being included was really a short coming from Guty and Murphy, actions they took ruins relationships, Trust if there ever was any is quickly gone.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
25 Jun 2021 16:08
no, but plenty of players and most of sports media think the FO needed to treat Rodgers with more respect
And yet the one media member that was actually a member of the locker room, and Rodgers teammate, and claims he has a very good relationship with Mark Murphy and speaks with him frequently... let's not listen to him.

Read More. Post Less.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
25 Jun 2021 15:12
Yoop wrote:

no, but plenty of players and most of sports media think the FO needed to treat Rodgers with more respect, and with as many teams that have never had a QB of Rodgers caliber it's no stretch that they have to be scratching there heads with how this situation has turned out.

plus plenty of retired players have said the same thing, we don't know how to treat our players, and it's not just the present FO, Ted had a reputation of not negotiating with Agents or players, he'd set his price or terms, and that was that, agents and players have said as much.

now do you want some sort of prove of that to, you act as though you weren't around when we lost out to moss, Lynch and the other UFA we missed out on, or the departed players like Jenkins, Hayward, Hyde, Sitton, Lang, etc. that claim he didn't even return calls from agents to negotiate, and comments from UFA of not wanting to come here, and of course fans quickly blame that on everything minus a GM that cares more about getting a good deal then filling a roster position of need, sure some of that hard line approach has probably paid off, but it really cost the team other times, I bet we missed out on a few safety's over the years and like lber the position was in dire need of talent for eons.

so If your a hof QB thats been the biggest reason for our winning record for most of 12 years, then he has earned more respect then having his GM cut a receiver without a heads up, and it doesn't matter if the receiver is #5, doing so a day after Rodgers gave him props, minus at least telling Rodgers they where doing so, was obviously taken as a slight by Rodgers, whether it was intentional or not doesn't matter, but you've got a first ballot HOF QB that works with these receivers every day, no matter what the decision will end up being he has a right to be involved in that conversation, and not being included was really a short coming from Guty and Murphy, actions they took ruins relationships, Trust if there ever was any is quickly gone.
So in short, we don't actually know that our front office is the laughing stock of the league.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
25 Jun 2021 16:13
Yoop wrote:
no, but plenty of players and most of sports media think the FO needed to treat Rodgers with more respect
And yet the one media member that was actually a member of the locker room, and Rodgers teammate, and claims he has a very good relationship with Mark Murphy and speaks with him frequently... let's not listen to him.
I don't read everything, or listen to James Jones, but when I have he seems to want to down play any anomosity between Rodgers and everyone in the FO except Guty, so I don't know how to take JJ, but thats me.

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

Yoop wrote:
It seems more than likely that Rodgers already knew Kumerow was going to be cut, and made the over-the-top paean of praise in an attempt to put pressure on Murphy.

Which, happily, did not succeed. It doesn't matter how good a player is, until he is appointed GM, he can't be allowed to make GM decisions.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
25 Jun 2021 16:13
Yoop wrote:
Pfff. specifics.

It's easier to prove points when I can use general terms like, "tons of retired players" or "everyone has been saying"

Don't press on the specifics.

Have I mentioned that the Packers didn't even try to sign Antonio Brown?! The FO doesn't care about winning!
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

dsr wrote:
25 Jun 2021 19:22
Yoop wrote:
It seems more than likely that Rodgers already knew Kumerow was going to be cut, and made the over-the-top paean of praise in an attempt to put pressure on Murphy.

Which, happily, did not succeed. It doesn't matter how good a player is, until he is appointed GM, he can't be allowed to make GM decisions.
you don't know that, and it's doubtful Rodgers new Guty was going to cut Kumerow, and the last part is over the top on your part, why you would take having a voice on matters that are certainly connected to what he does, to Rodgers wants to be GM is chaotic thinking, never once did I imply that.

and Kumerow was and has been better then the player that took his roster spot.

GPG: there have been players, to numerous to mention, who have said we show very little respect to our players, same concerning this situation with Rodgers, I shouldn't have to name them, practically every player that was cut or traded said they found out about it from some other source besides our FO.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

And yet there was also a poll of NFL agents who rated the Green Bay Packers as one of the fairest and favorite teams to work with.
Yoop wrote:

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

This is an entertaining thread.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
26 Jun 2021 11:09
And yet there was also a poll of NFL agents who rated the Green Bay Packers as one of the fairest and favorite teams to work with.
well it wouldn't be smart for a agent to say Russ and Ted or Gute are frustrating or hard to make a fair deal with, that would just make it harder with the next player they represent, but we've heard of a few that have used us to drive up or bolster the trade value, and heard the player had no intent to play for us, a good case was Trevethon ????? the lber that went from Minny to Chicago.
just saying prior to Guty buying the Smiths, Amos, Turner, ( I'am leaving someone out) we've kept the purse strings closed when it comes to ufa, but the killer for me is having a player that busted ass for the team for years and never received a offer from the team, and then find out he was cut with a text message, or however Linsley informally found out he was no longer a Packer, sure he new it was likely, but that seems to be standard opps according to other departed vets comments, C YA, don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out :rotf:

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

wallyuwl wrote:
26 Jun 2021 11:45
I’d normally agree, as back and forth arguments can be fun to dissect. This isn’t entertaining though - it’s similar to trying to argue with someone with Alzheimer’s. Eventually you just give up the discussion because it’s tiresome and nonsensical.

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

Yoop wrote:
26 Jun 2021 09:58
dsr wrote:

you don't know that, and it's doubtful Rodgers new Guty was going to cut Kumerow, and the last part is over the top on your part, why you would take having a voice on matters that are certainly connected to what he does, to Rodgers wants to be GM is chaotic thinking, never once did I imply that.

Have you read my post at all? Because your answers bear no resemblance to my statements.

"You don't know that" - of course I don't. How on earth, assuming you read the words "it seems more than likely that ...", could you interpret that as me thinking I knew it? It's nonsense.

"Rogers wants to be GM" - what I said was that no player should be allowed to make GM decisions. Not the same thing.

As for Kumerow being better than the player who took his roster spot - I don't know who that was. Evidently he didn't achieve the diuzzy heights of 1 catch for 22 yards, which is what Kumerow has managed since he left GB. But whoever he may have been, if GB signed a man less effective than Kumerow, that's a knock on the signing of the new man. It isn't a knock on the cutting of an ineffective receiver.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Gunzaan wrote:
26 Jun 2021 17:36
wallyuwl wrote:
26 Jun 2021 11:45
I’d normally agree, as back and forth arguments can be fun to dissect. This isn’t entertaining though - it’s similar to trying to argue with someone with Alzheimer’s. Eventually you just give up the discussion because it’s tiresome and nonsensical.
Yeah. It's turned almost like a political discussion. It's sad. I honestly don't have much bias one way or the other. I just want to take the facts and information available and form my opinons from that.

There is definitely however a group that facts be damned...will recycle the same sh*t that has proven to be called false and yet it fits the narrative. That gets frustrating.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

dsr wrote:
26 Jun 2021 17:45
Yoop wrote:
26 Jun 2021 09:58
dsr wrote:

Have you read my post at all? Because your answers bear no resemblance to my statements.

"You don't know that" - of course I don't. How on earth, assuming you read the words "it seems more than likely that ...", could you interpret that as me thinking I knew it? It's nonsense.

"Rogers wants to be GM" - what I said was that no player should be allowed to make GM decisions. Not the same thing.

As for Kumerow being better than the player who took his roster spot - I don't know who that was. Evidently he didn't achieve the diuzzy heights of 1 catch for 22 yards, which is what Kumerow has managed since he left GB. But whoever he may have been, if GB signed a man less effective than Kumerow, that's a knock on the signing of the new man. It isn't a knock on the cutting of an ineffective receiver.
whats likely is that Rodgers new one maybe two WR's would be cut, he liked Kumerow over others he felt where also on the block, and without a conference with Rodgers Guty cut him, doesn't matter what Kumerow did after leaving, he was still doing better then the guy that replaced him.

any boss that doesn't listen to input from his workers losses out on valuable intel that could help making his decision making easier and more accurate, and if your HOF QB likes this bubble WR over another why not just give him that player, Guty sure showed Rodgers who's boss.