2021 Dynasty League Discussion

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

NCF wrote:
01 Jul 2021 13:06
Do we open up waivers after The Draft for a period of time for the undrafted guys? I think we did that last year. I like carrying the 36 man roster to final cutdowns. Maybe waivers back on once preseason starts, though? Didn't have to worry about that last year, but obviously a lot can happen if a starter gets hurt or an unknown guy shines.
We usually do, on a set date.

And can we finally make rosters an even 30 as opposed to 29? Drives me nuts. :lol:
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

mnkcarp
Reactions:

Post by mnkcarp »

I only take wide receivers. And I only take them if I have their quarterback.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

mnkcarp wrote:
01 Jul 2021 20:39
I only take wide receivers. And I only take them if I have their quarterback.
BOOOOOOOO

wanted Bateman, obvi

Nice pick.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

[mention]BF004[/mention] you are on the clock!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

[mention]YoHoChecko[/mention]

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I have my suspicions that Mond is who [mention]YoHoChecko[/mention] was positioning for. He would have been my pick if available at 18... looks like he would not have been. I was curious where he would go, but to me, this is the last really talented QB in a pretty good situation.

With [mention]BF004[/mention] holding Cousins, kind of a no-brainer.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Also, for having TWO Vikings QB's.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
02 Jul 2021 07:23
I have my suspicions that Mond is who @YoHoChecko was positioning for. He would have been my pick if available at 18... looks like he would not have been. I was curious where he would go, but to me, this is the last really talented QB in a pretty good situation.

With @BF004 holding Cousins, kind of a no-brainer.
Guess this is his value spot then, felt early.

I like Trask’s opportunity more in TB and I obviously hate Vikings, but definitely like Mond better, he has a cool first name, and makes sense having Kirk.

Ideally Mond and Kirk will both be starters in a year or two.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

It was always Carter for me.

Well that’s a lie. It was Bateman and Carter

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

That means [mention]Trudge[/mention] is on the clock!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
02 Jul 2021 09:02
It was always Carter for me.

Well that’s a lie. It was Bateman and Carter
I like Carter. Pretty low miles sharing the load with Williams. Feels a titch early and you paid a pretty heavy price, but like you said earlier, we are all going to have different values on guys from here on out. Really nice fit for him, though.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
02 Jul 2021 09:52
I like Carter. Pretty low miles sharing the load with Williams. Feels a titch early and you paid a pretty heavy price, but like you said earlier, we are all going to have different values on guys from here on out. Really nice fit for him, though.
Yeah, I guess it is early; but there aren't a lot of RBs and I need one and while I think Trey Sermon is a perfect fit in San Fran, I don't trust Kyle Shanahan not to keep a fulltime committee going. Plus Carter was one of my favorites pre-draft. I think he's got a decent shot to be Aaron Jones-ish in the league.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

YoHoChecko wrote:
02 Jul 2021 09:58
NCF wrote:
Yeah, I guess it is early; but there aren't a lot of RBs and I need one and while I think Trey Sermon is a perfect fit in San Fran, I don't trust Kyle Shanahan not to keep a fulltime committee going. Plus Carter was one of my favorites pre-draft. I think he's got a decent shot to be Aaron Jones-ish in the league.
Completely agree with you on Carter, I actually love the pick. Think Sermon is destined for disaster with the committee and offense. Don't see him ever being a RB1/2, where Carter can be envisioned that way at least to me.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

5' 8" made me a bit leery of Carter, especially if looking for a RB1. Not many guys that short are RB1s for more than a season or 2.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
I like Carter. Pretty low miles sharing the load with Williams
Also worth noting: Carter had more rushing yards and scrimmage yards than Williams AND a higher yards per carry average than Williams in both of the past two seasons. Watching film, he stuck out more. Carter was a better RB than Williams, Williams is just seen as a potential "bellcow" and Carter not as much. But, like, he was better. That always confused me about this draft class eval.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Nice pick, [mention]Trudge[/mention]. I'm surprised he didn't go a little higher.

Read More. Post Less.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

NCF wrote:
02 Jul 2021 13:06
Nice pick, @Trudge. I'm surprised he didn't go a little higher.
Weeee. The guy i wanted went last WR added so...
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

[mention]BF004[/mention] you are on the clock.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

[mention]Waldo[/mention], you up

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Gotta say I wasn’t planning on coming out of this draft with Kyle Trask and Kellen Mond only with ammo for next year to get another QB.

Think I might be playing the waiver wire a lot this year.