Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
10 Jul 2021 16:04
I mean yoop calls me third street lawyer talk and yet here you both give third street lawyer talk.

At the end of the day, your positions are the Packers are inferior in providing Rodgers another ring. Because it is inconceivable he shouldn't have more.

The one noticeable shift I have found in yoop is he went from defend coaches at all cost (Capers) because the talent is so bad to blaming the coaches.

Which is still the Packers organization by the way
That’s not really my position at all. For every amount of blame i give to the packers, I also give some to Rodgers for not having the leadership to compensate for those short comings. For instance, I honestly believe if Brady was on a team with perennially awful STs he would either coach them himself in the big game, or publically demand they install one of his guys as the ST coach.

Whether it was leadership, glaring roster weaknesses despite being strong in some positions, or just flat out being out coached (usually the case), there is enough blame to go around for 2014 and 2020
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
I mean yoop calls me third street lawyer talk and yet here you both give third street lawyer talk.

At the end of the day, your positions are the Packers are inferior in providing Rodgers another ring. Because it is inconceivable he shouldn't have more.

The one noticeable shift I have found in yoop is he went from defend coaches at all cost (Capers) because the talent is so bad to blaming the coaches.

I defended Capers because he wasn't the main problem, Barry is inheriting a defense with better personal then we've had since 009 and 10, and his last 3 years under Capers we lost # 2, 3, CB's two seasons, the pass rush was in decline, Capers was scape goated, we spent huge in UFA and brought in Pettine, and even with that huge increase of resources he hardly did better then Capers, just because I blame the coaches, doesn't mean I don't blame the lack of talent Capers had to work with.

I wish you'd quit trying to pigeon hole me into laying all blame in one direction for Rodgers not have more rings, I layed out for you why teams lose big games, it's not a original thought, I stole that from football wizards that know far more then me, lis thats probably to simple for you to accept. better coaching at key moments and players not making abnormal mistakes is mostly what separates these games, and Rodgers rarely makes mistakes, so yes we should have more trophy's, your blinded with this Idea that if Rodgers isn't perfect, then he is the reason we lost, and thats just not true.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
10 Jul 2021 18:09
go pak go wrote:

That’s not really my position at all. For every amount of blame i give to the packers, I also give some to Rodgers for not having the leadership to compensate for those short comings. For instance, I honestly believe if Brady was on a team with perennially awful STs he would either coach them himself in the big game, or publically demand they install one of his guys as the ST coach.

Whether it was leadership, glaring roster weaknesses despite being strong in some positions, or just flat out being out coached (usually the case), there is enough blame to go around for 2014 and 2020
If Brady was here Murphy would of handed him some anti squawk money and he'd be holding out now to :rotf:

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

Drj820 wrote:
10 Jul 2021 14:49

That said, How many of those championship level rosters actually had the things that most championship teams have?

That would be an elite qb (check, theyve had that), a reliable run game when it’s necessary, special teams that NEVER hurt the team...only help, and a what...top ten-ish defense (generally top 5)?
Surprisingly, it isn't true that teams need an elite level quarterback to win the NFC championship. These are the 18 QBs who have won an NFC championship in the 21 years this century:

Tom Brady
Drew Brees
Kerry Collind
Jake Delhomme
Jimmy Garoppolo
Jared Goff
Rex Grossman
Matt Hasselbeck
Brad Johnson
Colin Kaepernick
Donovan McNabb
Eli Manning (twice)
Cam Newton
Aaron Rodgers
Matt Ryan
Kurt Warner (twice)
Carson Wentz
Russell Wilson (twice)

There's a lot of non-elite QBs on there. Certainly some of them are elite, but some are just good, some are little more than average, and one of them is Rex Grossman.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
10 Jul 2021 18:57

I wish you'd quit trying to pigeon hole me into laying all blame in one direction for Rodgers not have more rings, I layed out for you why teams lose big games, it's not a original thought, I stole that from football wizards that know far more then me, lis thats probably to simple for you to accept. better coaching at key moments and players not making abnormal mistakes is mostly what separates these games, and Rodgers rarely makes mistakes, so yes we should have more trophy's, your blinded with this Idea that if Rodgers isn't perfect, then he is the reason we lost, and thats just not true.
I pigeon hole you based on words and language you use. Your refusal to blame one person makes you think of a million other reasons as excuses for the one player who has more impact than any other on the field.

You have used phrases such as "Rodgers has allowed X and X to even have jobs" Rodgers carried the 2011 Packers. Rodgers has carried this team for years...who knows how bad the Packers would have been without Rodgers. "the Packers are the laughing stock of the league."

My assessment is fair.

Ultimately, I think there are three main parties to blame.

1. Packers have had instances where they did not live up their end. Particularly decisions from 2013 - 2015....TT made some really poor decisions.

2. Mike McCarthy and Aaron Rodgers were not good leaders when it mattered most. Honestly, MLF wasn't either. When the game was on the line, he was a poor leader and didn't feed AJ the ball. He took the scared way out and trusted #12 when he should have trusted #28. MM made critical errors. I would actually even elevate that to the Packers leaders in general (I'm looking at you Davante, Jones and Z). Our highest paid players always play smaller when we need them to play bigger (outside of Jaire and Clark)

3. Luck. The Packers have about as bad of luck as I can remember any team over a 20 year span.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
go pak go wrote:

I agree with you. I was actually going to specifically make a post that you DrJ do a great job of the 3 variable approach as well that I explained above.

It's just that my wife said no more posting as it's her birthday so I couldn't get to that.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
10 Jul 2021 21:09
Drj820 wrote:
go pak go wrote:

I agree with you. I was actually going to specifically make a post that you DrJ do a great job of the 3 variable approach as well that I explained above.

It's just that my wife said no more posting as it's her birthday so I couldn't get to that.
Happy Birthday to your wife from the forum. We shall debate again soon. :aok:
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
10 Jul 2021 21:07
Yoop wrote:
10 Jul 2021 18:57

I pigeon hole you based on words and language you use. Your refusal to blame one person makes you think of a million other reasons as excuses for the one player who has more impact than any other on the field.

You have used phrases such as "Rodgers has allowed X and X to even have jobs" Rodgers carried the 2011 Packers. Rodgers has carried this team for years...who knows how bad the Packers would have been without Rodgers. "the Packers are the laughing stock of the league."

My assessment is fair.

Ultimately, I think there are three main parties to blame.

1. Packers have had instances where they did not live up their end. Particularly decisions from 2013 - 2015....TT made some really poor decisions.

2. Mike McCarthy and Aaron Rodgers were not good leaders when it mattered most. Honestly, MLF wasn't either. When the game was on the line, he was a poor leader and didn't feed AJ the ball. He took the scared way out and trusted #12 when he should have trusted #28. MM made critical errors. I would actually even elevate that to the Packers leaders in general (I'm looking at you Davante, Jones and Z). Our highest paid players always play smaller when we need them to play bigger (outside of Jaire and Clark)

3. Luck. The Packers have about as bad of luck as I can remember any team over a 20 year span.
I brought a couple articles that showed why we lost in 011 and 015, a mod deleted them,( wonder why) it was poor coaching, Mistakes, and lack of talent at several positions, but it was a distant third reason, I don't include LUCK because often ya make your own luck, I think the luck thing is closely tied to mistakes.

why your so intent on narrowing it done to this play or that player makes no sense when multiple plays and players each make mistakes,

and Rodgers did carry the team in 011, I brought the article ( deleted) that showed his below average passing stats, but that was caused by 9 dropped passes, and he was our leading rusher with 60 stinking yrds, was sacked 4 times, and hardly ever had time to set up because of the Giants pass rush, your problem is you don't want to deal with these facts, so you make up your own narrative, it was a pretty good team but played terrible, as the article said, we took the Giants lightly and got our ass kicked, Rodgers didn't run the team poorly, McCarthy poorly coached it, when facing heavy pass rush it's best to get the ball north of the los fast, we had no short game, and thats the coaches fault, so when I said the team was one dimensional it corrolates to how we played that game.

now you can complicate that up any way you want, but thats the reality, and McCarthy did basically the same thing in 2015, and just as your willing now to admit that Matt made some poor decisions last year, you have not been prior, your first instinct was to blame Rodgers and other players, it's both of course.

but great coaching can eliminate mistakes from ever happening, we probably wouldn't have had 9 drops in 011 if we had a better short game and could run, or we had proven we could run the ball so Rodgers didn't have to throw on the last series last year.

it's no secret why Brady won a bunch of SB's, better coaching promotes confidence to always play aggressively and attention to detail eliminates mistakes, under McCarthy we played both passive and aggressive, Aggressive gettinga lead and overly cautious not to lose it, you'd have never seen Burnette take a squat on a belichick coached team, or a Bosteck acting like a JV TE.

yes at times this team had the talent to do far better, coaching is the biggest reason it didn't, you want to blame the players, lis, players, all players make mistakes, some are legit brain farts, most are because they had not been coached better.

better coaching= better luck.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Rodgers was interviewed after his round at Lake Tahoe yesterday. He was asked about playing in GB this year. Rodgers was again noncommittal but hinted about getting ready for the upcoming season. So unless Gute and company have changed their mind and are gonna trade him he'll probably be back with the Packers but I have a feeling he is enjoying all of this attention from the media in the meantime.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pugger wrote:
11 Jul 2021 08:43
Rodgers was interviewed after his round at Lake Tahoe yesterday. He was asked about playing in GB this year. Rodgers was again noncommittal but hinted about getting ready for the upcoming season. So unless Gute and company have changed their mind and are gonna trade him he'll probably be back with the Packers but I have a feeling he is enjoying all of this attention from the media in the meantime.
sure, who wouldn't, thing is though Pugger the media is enjoying it even more, the Rodgers issue has sold a ton of ink, whenever the news of the day was slow they could always write something about Rodgers to fill it, Drama attracts readers and listeners.

I think if he was actually not going to play we would have heard a different tune from some of his old Packer pals and he would be raising more of a fuss to be traded.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote: I brought a couple articles that showed why we lost in 011 and 015, a mod deleted them,( wonder why)
Yoop wrote: I brought the article ( deleted) that showed his below average passing stats
Yoop - no Mod is deleting your posts linking articles in your ongoing debate. The only deleted posts tied to you in this thread - a feature we Mods have the ability to see - is you deleting your own responses.
Spoiler
If there is a failure occurring with your posts, that failure is yours and yours alone.
There are several instructional postings within stickied messages on the main forum page. Those posts clearly show how to imbed links, Twitter feeds, images, etc. If you need assistance, simply ask instead of blaming Mods in some dreamed up conspiratorial nonsense.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
11 Jul 2021 09:16
Yoop wrote: I brought a couple articles that showed why we lost in 011 and 015, a mod deleted them,( wonder why)
Yoop wrote: I brought the article ( deleted) that showed his below average passing stats
Yoop - no Mod is deleting your posts linking articles in your ongoing debate. The only deleted posts tied to you in this thread - a feature we Mods have the ability to see - is you deleting your own responses. If there is a failure occurring with your posts, that failure is yours and yours alone.

There are several instructional postings within stickied messages on the main forum page. Those posts clearly show how to imbed links, Twitter feeds, images, etc. If you need assistance, simply ask instead of blaming Mods in some dreamed up conspiratorial nonsense.
I brought the whole article copied and pasted, with the link up, also another article link up, and they where included in the post, I came back to make sure the links worked, they did, now they are no longer in this thread, they didn't just automatically disappear, and I didn't delete these ones.

I often delete my posts, and for a variety of reasons, but not this time, if you didn't do it, someone else did. the articles proved my point with GPG, guess someone didn't want that to happen.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
11 Jul 2021 07:15

why your so intent on narrowing it done to this play or that player makes no sense when multiple plays and players each make mistakes,
I quit reading after this because I realized you didn't read my post.

But I am gathering your overall theme has transformed now to the Packers having inferior coaching the last ten years.

Which I can support. I used to be a pretty fervent MM supporter and defender. But he really sucked in January from January 2012 - January 2016. Shoot. Even January 2008 vs the Giants. We just made poor decsisions.

I feel MLF unfortunately has been under the same trap so far.
Last edited by go pak go on 11 Jul 2021 10:15, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I fully expect Aaron Rodgers to be a Green Bay Packer in 2021.

Whether he will have the same effectiveness and locker room cohesion is another thing.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
11 Jul 2021 09:39

Whether he will have the same effectiveness and locker room cohesion is another thing.
Yeah.

“I’ll figure things out in a couple weeks “ sure sounds like “I’ll show up to training camp in a few weeks” to me

I’m not concerned about his play and performance because 2019 Rodgers could bring us pretty danged far and make us contenders. We don’t need 2020 Rodgers to be a success.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
11 Jul 2021 09:25
APB wrote:
11 Jul 2021 09:16
Yoop - no Mod is deleting your posts linking articles in your ongoing debate. The only deleted posts tied to you in this thread - a feature we Mods have the ability to see - is you deleting your own responses. If there is a failure occurring with your posts, that failure is yours and yours alone.

I brought the whole article copied and pasted, with the link up, also another article link up, and they where included in the post, I came back to make sure the links worked, they did, now they are no longer in this thread, they didn't just automatically disappear, and I didn't delete these ones.

I often delete my posts, and for a variety of reasons, but not this time, if you didn't do it, someone else did. the articles proved my point with GPG, guess someone didn't want that to happen.
Perhaps you should look at your post on the previous page - time stamped July 10 at 16:28 - for the answer. :roll:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
11 Jul 2021 09:53
go pak go wrote:
11 Jul 2021 09:39

Yeah.

“I’ll figure things out in a couple weeks “ sure sounds like “I’ll show up to training camp in a few weeks” to me

I’m not concerned about his play and performance because 2019 Rodgers could bring us pretty danged far and make us contenders. We don’t need 2020 Rodgers to be a success.
That's a good point. I could even add that 2020 Rodgers wasn't insanely amazing or pin point accurate like 2014 or 2016 Rodgers, but instead was just a better decision maker.

The 2021 Packers are designed to be a running football team. I think Jones and Dillon regardless will be more of the offensive workhorse like the 2019 Packers were.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
11 Jul 2021 09:57
Perhaps you should look at your post on the previous page - time stamped July 10 at 16:28 - for the answer.
whoops, I glanced back but missed it, I suppose I thought it was deleted because GPG acts as though he didn't read it.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
11 Jul 2021 10:14
APB wrote:
11 Jul 2021 09:57
Perhaps you should look at your post on the previous page - time stamped July 10 at 16:28 - for the answer.
whoops, I glanced back but missed it, I suppose I thought it was deleted because GPG acts as though he didn't read it.
Perhaps next time you suspect the Mods are conspiring to throw a debate against you, you'll send a message in a PM for clarification rather than making a public accusation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
11 Jul 2021 09:37
Yoop wrote:
11 Jul 2021 07:15

I quit reading after this because I realized you didn't read my post.

But I am gathering your overall theme has transformed now to the Packers having inferior coaching the last ten years.

Which I can support. I used to be a pretty fervent MM supporter and defender. But he really sucked in January from January 2012 - January 2016. Shoot. Even January 2008 vs the Giants. We just made poor decsisions.

I feel MLF unfortunately has been under the same trap so far.
just because a person mentions coaching issues doesn't mean that was the only reason we didn't do well, it's just a big part of it, imho the biggest part though

you want to incorporate poor play, poor coaching, lack of talent, and Lady luck all into reasons for failure is fine, I've never really argued against that, cept it over complicates the situation, I think my break downs of those big game losses does a better job.