Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

lupedafiasco wrote:
12 Jul 2021 07:02
bud fox wrote:
12 Jul 2021 06:01
lupedafiasco wrote:
12 Jul 2021 03:26

I don’t think you can say they had the better RBs. Theirs played better in that game but they weren’t better. Jones &%$@ all over both Jones and Fournette in terms of talent. I think had Bak been in their the lines would have been a push. It’s unfortunate because with Wagner and Turner we can’t help Turner every play and they both got embarrassed. Rodgers was just under siege the entire game.

I mean the thing about our offense is if you can get pressure and just double Davante you beat it. The 49ers did it the year before, the Buccs did it last year. That’s the formula. Just not a lot of teams have the front 4 to do it.
Talking about NFC game specifically - do you agree for that game? I don't know how anyone could see it differently for the THAT game
I mean you can’t go by that logic. The Packers had the better RBs. Jones didn’t play well in that game sure but I’m not going to go and trade him for Fournette because Fournette had one better game than Jones in a head to head. There’s their opposition to take into consideration as well. Jones was running into probably the best DT duo and LB duo in the NFL. Fournette and Ronald Jones were running into Clark and a bunch of bums. I guess Kirksey played well. The rest of those guy in the front 7 are trash at stopping the run. We knew this going in. So no &%$@ they outperformed our backs.
Okay so they were better. That's my only point and I was only talking to that game when I referenced the Bucs having better players at those positions.

People comment that Rodgers isn't clutch etc and said Brady and Brees are. In that game Rodgers was better than Brady. All stats point to it except for the win.

Brady's receivers were making Jesus plays

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Are we really talking about the superiority of Leonard Fournette on the NFC Title game when he had 55 yards?

That's like someone saying, "well Caleb Hanie played better than Rodgers in the 2010 NFC Title Game THAT DAY"

I wouldn't put Brees as more clutch than Rodgers at all. I would put them in the same boat. Both lose a lot when they enter the divisional/Title game rounds. So does Manning.

Brady is on an island of his own. Do I think Brady deserves it? No. But has he done it? Yes. It makes no sense. It sucks watching it. It pisses me off. But the dude ever time just has it fall his way whereas pretty much everyone else...it doesn't. Including us.
Last edited by go pak go on 12 Jul 2021 07:44, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

go pak go wrote:
12 Jul 2021 07:42

Brady is on an island of his own.
This can't be stated enough. It's relevant when it comes to Playoff performance and age. That is why I still think the Packers did the right thing by drafting Love. The percentages that Rodgers plays well into his 40's are not favorable when looking at historical averages.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

bud fox wrote:
12 Jul 2021 07:35

And this is why I'm not afraid to throw daggers at D Adams and Aaron Jones. They are our biggest playmakers. And when their number was called, they stunk.

MVS and AJ Dillon should not have had to be the saviors of the game. But a more on target throw from Rodgers or more run calls by MLF and they would have been.

Your known playmakers need to come to play on the biggest stage. And ours didn't outside of Clark, Alexander, and to a lesser degree Rodgers.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
12 Jul 2021 07:54
bud fox wrote:
12 Jul 2021 07:35

And this is why I'm not afraid to throw daggers at D Adams and Aaron Jones. They are our biggest playmakers. And when their number was called, they stunk.

MVS and AJ Dillon should not have had to be the saviors of the game. But a more on target throw from Rodgers or more run calls by MLF and they would have been.

Your known playmakers need to come to play on the biggest stage. And ours didn't outside of Clark, Alexander, and to a lesser degree Rodgers.
it's not fair to say either stunk, it's not as though Jones had room to roam, and both fumbles he was double smacked into another galaxy, the second ended his play.

and what don't you get with Adams 11 catches on 15 targets for a measly 65 yrds? he was doubled all game, as I said, and why I differ from you and Yoho is that players even the very best are not perfect 100% of the time, I also said that a team has to be able to over come a few player mistakes to win, the Bucs did it with the Brady picks, the problem is when one or two players screw up repeatedly as did King, also Turner, Sullivan, it's not enough to have MVS do well, Adams blanketed, Tonyan revert back to very average, it's why I said a quality slot receiver could have been a big help, specially on that last drive.

I think we did come to play, KIng who we know to be a smidge above average was targeted over and over, what was Pettine doing to combat that, Pettine was the bigger culprit, and Pettine also gets the majority of the blame for the fiasco against SF the year prior, my point is players tend to be a reflection of the coaches game plan, we say all the time ( not me so much) that a coach has to scheme according to the players he has to work with, well if thats true, then Pettine did King no favors, and literally put the onus of the loss at Martinez feet for the loss to the niners, granted some of these issues are weak personal, still he was fired for good reason, his pass rush declined last year, and ya have to give a guy like King help when facing faster receivers, again where back to the two key factors imho for why we lose big games, Coaching, and player mistakes, but mostly I think it comes down to coaching these last couple years. :idn:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

When you lose by a play, it comes down to a lot of things.

This isn't any new revalation.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

The Green Bay Packers had better running backs in the NFCCG even after Jones left the game, they just refused to use them. They couldn’t stop Williams in sandman mode, or the second round draft pick.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

The Buccs receivers didn’t make Jesus plays. Our CBs didn’t show up. King was awful. Nothing new to me but some of you had to shut your mouths about him being talented.

The only play I thought that was a bail out was the one that got caught over Savage on the tip.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The Bucs were spotted 21 points based on a hail mary, a David Tyree style catch and Jones fumble.

I think we can all agree that the ball just bounced the Bucs way. Like it always does for Brady.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
12 Jul 2021 09:59
The Bucs were spotted 21 points based on a hail mary, a David Tyree style catch and Jones fumble.

I think we can all agree that the ball just bounced the Bucs way. Like it always does for Brady.
come on, are you saying that luck had to do with every Brady win, lis, ya make your own luck with superb preporation, luck is when a official gets dust in his eye and misses a game changing penalty that would stop a game changing play, yes rare, but it happens, luck is when a dofus like B o s t i c k misses the bus ride to the stadium so he doesn't get the chance to act like a ego maniac and steal a victory :lol:

Brady wins because his team is better prepared and they make less mistakes then the team they play, seriously luck, actually bad luck is way over rated for why teams win or lose, bad luck is often a excuse for poor play and poor preparation, every coach I've ever had with any sport I've ever played told me this, we are responsible for how we play, and very seldom ever is LUCK the determining factor with the out come. :box: :lol: :lol:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:

I mean all of those can be credited toward the bucs being ready to play. Hail Mary...Brady a great qb, caught us in a dummy coverage and made us pay as he executed like any Goat would, the tyree catch was a little lucky in nature but the kid made the play, and the fumble was a result of a defender laying the boom. We just need some defenders who will similarly lay the boom.

I don’t think we lost on luck, I think they were ready to play in the first half, we came out sleepy. In the second half, we woke up and played well enough to win...but got outcoached really (via not helping the struggling the tackles and not running the ball and kicking a fg on 4th and 8 etc etc)

I guess I’m just saying I don’t think it’s fair to chalk it up as “ball always bounces Brady’s way”, I think it appears that way because Brady’s leadership throughout the week and leading into kickoff gets his teammates in a mindset of playing their best and completing a mission. Rodgers mindset doesn’t seem to breed championship level confidence to his teammates like Brady’s does.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:
12 Jul 2021 10:28
go pak go wrote:

come on, are you saying that luck had to do with every Brady win, lis, ya make your own luck with superb preporation, luck is when a official gets dust in his eye and misses a game changing penalty that would stop a game changing play, yes rare, but it happens, luck is when a dofus like B o s t i c k misses the bus ride to the stadium so he doesn't get the chance to act like a ego maniac and steal a victory :lol:

Brady wins because his team is better prepared and they make less mistakes then the team they play, seriously luck, actually bad luck is way over rated for why teams win or lose, bad luck is often a excuse for poor play and poor preparation, every coach I've ever had with any sport I've ever played told me this, we are responsible for how we play, and very seldom ever is LUCK the determining factor with the out come. :box: :lol: :lol:
I think people overrate luck but I also think you're underrating luck in this post. Sometimes the ball just bounces a certain way and all you can do is shake your head.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:

You mean like not calling DPI or Defensive holding all game that includes the Bucs being aided in an INT that leads to a hail mary but then calling defensive holding for the first time on the most pivotal 3rd down in the game?
Yoop wrote:
So are we gonna say in one post Brady was the better QB because he had his team more prepared but then in a following post get mad because that insinuates Brady is a better leader than Rodgers?

I don't think the Packers necessarily "made more mistakes". I think it was about even. The difference is the Bucs made bigger plays and capitalized whereas the Packers didn't.

I mean good grief people. We lost by a play. There isn't that much philosophy that needs to go into this game. There are about 8 - 12 plays that could have gone either way. One more just went to the Bucs. Whether ref induced, player induced, or coaching induced.

If it makes people feel better that the Bucs were better than the Packers so be it. Brady and the Bucs were better. But then those become fighin' words when that is stated because it's downing our own team favorite players.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Other than the fact that if we won a Super Bowl, Rodgers might not be acting out, I can't imagine the causes of our loss to Tampa Bay specifically have anything to do with Rodgers' current attitude and situation, aside from the fact that he is angry at himself for the throws he missed, because that's how Rodgers feels about missed opportunities.

Rehashing how and why we lost the NFCCG (obvi, Kevin King crapped the bed and several of our strongest units didn't come through) does not grant any insight or predictions into Rodgers' offseason holdout. If you think it does, feel free to argue that. But don't try to convince me that Rodgers is mad that we didn't draft a better backup LT and better ILBs. That is NOT what this is about. He's certainly not ready to quit because Aaron Jones fumbled and Davante dropped a likely TD. Those are his boys.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
12 Jul 2021 10:47
Yoop wrote:

You mean like not calling DPI or Defensive holding all game that includes the Bucs being aided in an INT that leads to a hail mary but then calling defensive holding for the first time on the most pivotal 3rd down in the game?
Yoop wrote:
So are we gonna say in one post Brady was the better QB because he had his team more prepared but then in a following post get mad because that insinuates Brady is a better leader than Rodgers?

I don't think the Packers necessarily "made more mistakes". I think it was about even. The difference is the Bucs made bigger plays and capitalized whereas the Packers didn't.

I mean good grief people. We lost by a play. There isn't that much philosophy that needs to go into this game. There are about 8 - 12 plays that could have gone either way. One more just went to the Bucs. Whether ref induced, player induced, or coaching induced.

If it makes people feel better that the Bucs were better than the Packers so be it. Brady and the Bucs were better. But then those become fighin' words when that is stated because it's downing our own team favorite players.
woah, I said One play at a critical moment can win a game, which I believe to be true, however I also believe that is rarely the case on defense, unless it's giving up a hail mary, or a TD on the last play of the game, neither happened to us, sure a official can screw up, but we had plenty of oppertunity's to win.

and you are giving way to much responsibilty to Brady for being prepared, there coach is no slouch either, and as for me, I never thought the Bucs where the better team, we simply didn't coach our defense well enough to win, sure we had bad plays on offense, any one of those could have reversed the score to, but we only had 5 drops, average cept that two would have been TD's, no, defense lost this game imo, we couldn't pressure Brady, and we gave up 3 easy TD's, just can't win that way.

often Brady had a inferior team talent with NE, he/they won because Belichick prepared his teams very well, and they rarely beat themselves, on the other hand we have had superior talent several times, yet lost because we beat ourselves, which happened last year, and 015.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Yoop wrote:

Brady has consistently, year-after-year had better defenses than Manning, Brees, and Rodgers; it's actually not even close. Isn't that luck? :idn:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Oh boy.

And round and round this topic goes.

Yoop wrote:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

And Rodgers – man who supposedly isn't given enough help on offense to win championships – has usually had better offensive units and skill players than the ones that Brady won Championships with in New England.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I never appreciated how good Tom Brady actually is. I never dreamed his QB Rating was only slightly less than Steve Young for greatest all time behind Rodgers. And this is primarily being pulled down by his early years where he was never above 87 until 4th year in the league...the same year Rodgers finally started to start in his career.
image.png
image.png (13.74 KiB) Viewed 252 times
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
12 Jul 2021 12:41
Yoop wrote:

Brady has consistently, year-after-year had better defenses than Manning, Brees, and Rodgers; it's actually not even close. Isn't that luck? :idn:
well no, imo thats just better talent, but even with less talent Belichick is a defensive guru, and talent scout, practically every season he would bring in a old vet or two to shore up weaker positions, another positive with that is old vets will pass on the tricks of the trade to younger players excellerating there learning curve, course we've also benefited from that over the years, Woodson, Peppers, etc..

lady luck is like the wicked witch of the north, she rarely shows up ta help ya :lol: