Official 2020 Draft Thread - Day 3 - NO SPOILERS!!!

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Apr 2020 12:03
What about Carter Coughlin at ILB? Why didn't I really like him? Was it just because he is a Gopher?
EDGE conversion, but I don't see the huge value gap between, say, Baun and Coughlin.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
25 Apr 2020 12:04
BF004 wrote:
25 Apr 2020 12:00
YoHoChecko wrote:
25 Apr 2020 11:50

OOOHHHHH
A 5 this year and a 3rd next year for a fairly sideways move. I guess they will get more years from Williams, but gunna cost them too.

9ers like tossing those picks around.
Maybe not on the more years. Report is that he'll be playing on his existing contract. Guessing he wants chance at Super Bowl and to hit free agency.
They didn't mind wasting a 3 and a 4 for a 3 month rental for Emmanual Sanders.

Definitely keeps them afloat for a year, and they would likely get a comp pick for him, but that is pricy.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
25 Apr 2020 11:56
paco wrote:
25 Apr 2020 11:55
Colts take Eason.
Good for them! I hope he gets to spend an adequate amount of time on the bench. I really like his prospects but he needs time, too.
Man the colts have had another seemingly impressive draft. Eason is interesting, as i was living in Georgia then, when he came to UGA he was hyped like the next Stafford. He was the top recruit and supposed to be an auto top draft pick. Things certainly changed for him through his career, but he still has the tools to be a stud. I love this pickup for the Colts.
Last edited by Drj820 on 25 Apr 2020 12:08, edited 1 time in total.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I still like a LOT of players.

I think this will be one of the all-time "I love who we got, and hate who we didn't get" draft reactions for me

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
25 Apr 2020 12:06
Pckfn23 wrote:
What about Carter Coughlin at ILB? Why didn't I really like him? Was it just because he is a Gopher?
EDGE conversion, but I don't see the huge value gap between, say, Baun and Coughlin.
That's what it was! Thank you. I like Coughlin or Toohill for Edge converts.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
25 Apr 2020 12:07
Man the colts have had another seemingly impressive draft. Eason is interesting because growing up around Georgia, when he came to UGA he was hyped like the next Stafford. He was the top recruit and supposed to be an auto top draft pick. Things certainly changed for him through his career, but he still has the tools to be a stud. I love this pickup for the Colts.
You gotta watch the Tennessee game from his freshman year. I was SOLD this guy is going to be The Next Big Thing. Then the injury happened and Fromm kept winning so he kept the job, so he transferred.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
25 Apr 2020 11:49
I like Bravvion Roy still for a 6th or 7th; 2-gapper with a good first step
Yeah I like him a lot too. And 2 gapper is who I want. There aren't many of them. I also like that Michigan State kid.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Danget. I really like Anthony McFarland as our "Jones type"
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

Waldo wrote:
24 Apr 2020 23:39
I totally get what they are doing. There is a fundamental disconnect between what MLF and Gute have identified is The Problem™ and what fans have. What fans miss is the vision, what they feel like it should look like. Fans instead alway seek to get back to What Worked™. Coaches can get in that rut too eventaly, especiallly once they achieve that vision; the last 5 years MM was really stuck in that. MLF's understanding of what works offensively is not the 2011 Packers.

The vision includes a whole lot more running and play action than GB has been used to, and a whole lot less spread passing. Mac's offense could go with total scrubs at RB and virtually no production from backs. MLF wants to run you over and take advantage of the passing opportunities that creates. Is there really a need for heavy investment at the WR position when you already have a star? TE and RB meet the core vision moreso than WR.

Don't worry about value. It doesn't matter if they get the guys they want. Say what you will, but I think Gute and MLF are thrilled with each of their picks, they are clearly picking players they targeted.
I thought this from Waldo was worth posting into the Day 3 thread. I do think we will address WR today but worth remembering this Packers team isn't going to be relying on our WR corps to win games. If we're never really going to have more than 3 on the field WR depth may not quite be the 'need' we have thought it was.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

paco wrote:
25 Apr 2020 12:05
BF004 wrote:
TheGreenMan wrote:
25 Apr 2020 12:01

I can't see Brissett there this year.
I would think Rivers will be there for more than 1, two or three is my guess.
You think he'll keep signing 1 year deals? He only signed 1 year with the Colts.
If Indy gets nowhere close to being competitive this year I think they don't resign him and go after a QB next year.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Posted in the wrong thread. Jets take the GB native.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
25 Apr 2020 12:09
Drj820 wrote:
Man the colts have had another seemingly impressive draft. Eason is interesting because growing up around Georgia, when he came to UGA he was hyped like the next Stafford. He was the top recruit and supposed to be an auto top draft pick. Things certainly changed for him through his career, but he still has the tools to be a stud. I love this pickup for the Colts.
You gotta watch the Tennessee game from his freshman year. I was SOLD this guy is going to be The Next Big Thing. Then the injury happened and Fromm kept winning so he kept the job, so he transferred.
Yup. I watched them all. 4 graduates of UGA in my family so we follow it. Im surprised Eason didnt have a little more success at washington, but i like the kid. He got done raw coming to play for Richt and then he was left out to dry with the coaching change. Very happy Eason can sit and grow in Indy. I think he has lots of potential.

Fromm should have never left UGA early

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Only 7 or 8 more picks until we can start "UGH, we could have had THAT GUY" for 35- 40 picks

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
25 Apr 2020 12:14
YoHoChecko wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
Yup. I watched them all. 4 graduates of UGA in my family so we follow it. Im surprised Eason didnt have a little more success at washington, but i like the kid. He got done raw coming to play for Richt and then he was left out to dry with the coaching change. Very happy Eason can sit and grow in Indy. I think he has lots of potential.

UGA grad, myself. Go Dawgs

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

GPG we are heading into the part of the draft where if we grabbed Juan Jennings I wouldnt cry about it. Ha

Just saying that because i remember our previous discussion about him.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
25 Apr 2020 12:15
Drj820 wrote:
25 Apr 2020 12:14
YoHoChecko wrote:

UGA grad, myself. Go Dawgs

Nice Go Dawgs. I went to Georgia Southern as a student assistant for the LBs coach. So i rep them both.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

How funny would it be if Fromm goes to the Lions, Stafford gets dinged up and Fromm steps in and takes the job and forces Stafford to be traded, continuing the run of 5-star UGA QB recruits being forced to transfer by Fromm

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Vikings get a potential good one in EDGE James Lynch from Baylor

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
25 Apr 2020 12:23
Vikings get a potential good one in EDGE James Lynch from Baylor
Yep, good fit for them.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Round 5 • Pick 30 (175)
Round 6 • Pick 13 (192) • From Raiders
Round 6 • Pick 29 (208) • From Titans
Round 6 • Pick 30 (209)
Round 7 • Pick 22 (236) • From Bills through Browns
Round 7 • Pick 28 (242) • From Ravens

Around 150 is when you maybe can hope to see us potentially moving up.