Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Drj820 wrote:
13 Jul 2021 15:22
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
13 Jul 2021 15:18
I too different roles for Lazard and Funchess.

Lazard will be an NFL WR. Funchess will be selling used cars.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I second that.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

AJ Hawk also stated on the Pat McAfee show yesterday that he believes Rodgers will play in 2021 and that he always felt it was going to be with GB for the same reasons all of us discussed on this forum many times.

AJ was with Rodgers all week. AJ is a great friend of Rodgers and knows probably a lot more about what is going on over anyone else.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Pckfn23 wrote:
13 Jul 2021 12:50
Rodgers back in 2021. Restructure that makes it look good, but won't cost us more when we trade him in 2022.
I don't see that happening. The Packers are only on the hook for $17 million of dead money if they trade him next year. Any restructure would up that money because I don't see Rodgers doing anything new without money upfront. And his current contract is only $25 million for 22-23. Much easier to trade that than $40 million, which is what he will be asking for. Let his new team deal with the rest.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Raptorman wrote:
14 Jul 2021 09:05
Pckfn23 wrote:
13 Jul 2021 12:50
Rodgers back in 2021. Restructure that makes it look good, but won't cost us more when we trade him in 2022.
I don't see that happening. The Packers are only on the hook for $17 million of dead money if they trade him next year. Any restructure would up that money because I don't see Rodgers doing anything new without money upfront. And his current contract is only $25 million for 22-23. Much easier to trade that than $40 million, which is what he will be asking for. Let his new team deal with the rest.
That's mostly correct. There might not be any restructure unless they plan to keep him for 2022 as well.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I mean based on Schefter, this isn't likely repairable. So I continue to stand with "Rodgers will play in 2021 in GB but then likely end the relationship after the season"

Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
14 Jul 2021 12:25
"Rodgers will play in 2021 in GB but then likely end the relationship after the season"
That sounds like all the repair I need.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I hung around for the Tommy Emanuel concert after the Shefter/Collonsworth prognostication, I wanted to hear something good :lol:

sure sounds over, this year and gone, end of a era.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
14 Jul 2021 16:27
I hung around for the Tommy Emanuel concert after the Shefter/Collonsworth prognostication, I wanted to hear something good :lol:

sure sounds over, this year and gone, end of a era.
He was one of Jeff’s favorites. :cry:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
I mean based on Schefter, this isn't likely repairable. So I continue to stand with "Rodgers will play in 2021 in GB but then likely end the relationship after the season"

Like, I don't wanna be rude to Schefter, but that was a lot of ways to say that he doesn't know any more than the fans.

Like, "some credible people are texting me saying they don't know how to play with an angry QB" is just opinions around the league. So whoever was leaking things earlier has turned off the spigot. Schefty got nothin'

I did appreciate Collinsworth's interviewing; actually pushing back a little bit on some narratives instead of just face value. Like "who says it's bad for a player to be angry; he was angry last year" and "money solves everything" and such

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I guess I thought Schefty was more saying, Rodgers will be a Packer in 21 because he don't have a choice and isn't happy about it.

I agree with Collins worth that "who cares" for a year. But it does make the needles of the relationship ending after this season more likely.
Yoop wrote:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
15 Jul 2021 07:55
I guess I thought Schefty was more saying, Rodgers will be a Packer in 21 because he don't have a choice and isn't happy about it.

I agree with Collins worth that "who cares" for a year. But it does make the needles of the relationship ending after this season more likely.
I could see Rodgers absolutely trying to stick it to the Packers by playing lights out and making them look stupid, rightfully so.

I could also see him being completely toxic to everyone in the organization and tearing everything down a year out.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
15 Jul 2021 08:15
go pak go wrote:

I could see Rodgers absolutely trying to stick it to the Packers by playing lights out and making them look stupid, rightfully so.

I could also see him being completely toxic to everyone in the organization and tearing everything down a year out.
I hope it's the top one.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

lupedafiasco wrote:

I don't understand why Rodgers playing well makes the Packers looks stupid. They're the ones refusing to give up on him right now. He's the one who wants to leave.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
Collinsworth doesn't care about who he uses to sell screen time, his point with WHO cares doesn't hold up either since the Rodgers issue has been the major comment topic of the whole off season, every day at least 2 or 3 sports talk shows discuss it, it's received the most post on every Packers forum, you've participated on almost every page donated to Rodgers on this one :lol:

who cares?????every Packer fan I know, and most fans as well from every other team, and possibly football fans from surrounding galaxy's around the universe, everyone cares :rotf:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
15 Jul 2021 08:46
go pak go wrote:
Collinsworth doesn't care about who he uses to sell screen time, his point with WHO cares doesn't hold up either since the Rodgers issue has been the major comment topic of the whole off season, every day at least 2 or 3 sports talk shows discuss it, it's received the most post on every Packers forum, you've participated on almost every page donated to Rodgers on this one :lol:

who cares?????every Packer fan I know, and most fans as well from every other team, and possibly football fans from surrounding galaxy's around the universe, everyone cares :rotf:
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
14 Jul 2021 17:10
go pak go wrote:

Like, I don't wanna be rude to Schefter, but that was a lot of ways to say that he doesn't know any more than the fans.

Like, "some credible people are texting me saying they don't know how to play with an angry QB" is just opinions around the league. So whoever was leaking things earlier has turned off the spigot. Schefty got nothin'

I did appreciate Collinsworth's interviewing; actually pushing back a little bit on some narratives instead of just face value. Like "who says it's bad for a player to be angry; he was angry last year" and "money solves everything" and such
For real schefter has sort of made himself look like a clown throughout this whole process and he can’t seem to help himself but continue to do it. There are plenty of Rodgers surrogates and allies throughout the media, does schefter know he’s not one yet continues to be the one that wants to break the biggest story of the year? I don’t know, I’ve felt he’s been subpar with real info, High on hyperbole this entire process.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
15 Jul 2021 08:27
lupedafiasco wrote:

I don't understand why Rodgers playing well makes the Packers looks stupid. They're the ones refusing to give up on him right now. He's the one who wants to leave.
It makes them look stupid if they continue to insist on pushing him out the door and getting rid of him after the season. Punting on HOF QBs still playing at an MVP level is generally thought of as dumb.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
15 Jul 2021 09:59
Punting on HOF QBs still playing at an MVP level is generally thought of as dumb.
Just as it was in 2008. There is no true right or wrong until a few years later, though. The talking heads will talk, but that's all it is.

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
15 Jul 2021 08:27
lupedafiasco wrote:

They gave up on him the day they drafted Love. Dont play naive.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
15 Jul 2021 10:08
They gave up on him the day they drafted Love. Dont play naive.
That's not true and what is playing out now is proof to the contrary. They bought a lottery ticket to give up on him on their own timeline. We're still not there, so I think it's you who is being naive. The day is obviously coming sooner rather than later, though.

Read More. Post Less.