2021 Dynasty League Discussion

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Hopefully a couple people don’t see this message.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Packfntk wrote:
12 Jul 2021 20:25
I bet they will.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Trudge wrote:
12 Jul 2021 21:07
Packfntk wrote:
12 Jul 2021 20:25
I bet they will.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

YoHoChecko wrote:
12 Jul 2021 11:37
Waivers are now open. Waivers are processed Wednesday morning. You have until then (approximately 43 hours) to make your claims.

Happy hunting!

@mnkcarp @Backthepack4ever @Waldo @Madcity_matt @Trudge @Pckfn23 @NCF @BF004 @Packfntk
Ok, now that post-draft waivers have been processed, we're going open free agency, first come, first served for a while.

We will re-instate weekly waivers when preseason begins.

mnkcarp
Reactions:

Post by mnkcarp »

Seems strange to be doing a free-agency period before roster cutdowns. Have we always done this?

mnkcarp
Reactions:

Post by mnkcarp »

Also, I had a waiver claim in for Damien Williams that I put in yesterday, now he's been claimed six hours ago by packfntk, and he somehow still has a higher waiver priority than I do. How did that work?

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

mnkcarp wrote:
14 Jul 2021 19:54
Seems strange to be doing a free-agency period before roster cutdowns. Have we always done this?
I know it was done in the olden days. I picked up Josh Gordon as a rookie FA in the summer, after the draft but before the season started.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

mnkcarp wrote:
14 Jul 2021 19:54
I think we have ever since we expanded offseason rosters. There is plenty of discussion about it, as well, over the last several pages.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

mnkcarp wrote:
14 Jul 2021 19:59
Also, I had a waiver claim in for Damien Williams that I put in yesterday, now he's been claimed six hours ago by packfntk, and he somehow still has a higher waiver priority than I do. How did that work?
He was a free agent addition, not a waiver claim, so whatever you did in FleaFlicker didn't take.

Read More. Post Less.

mnkcarp
Reactions:

Post by mnkcarp »

NCF wrote:
15 Jul 2021 09:25
mnkcarp wrote:
He was a free agent addition, not a waiver claim, so whatever you did in FleaFlicker didn't take.
So... I claimed him too early? That's complete BS. The claim is still sitting in my waiver list, although now it shows him as owned.
Last edited by mnkcarp on 15 Jul 2021 11:37, edited 1 time in total.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

mnkcarp wrote:
15 Jul 2021 11:33
NCF wrote:
mnkcarp wrote:
So... I claimed him too early? That's complete BS.
I don't know what the hell you did. Just looks like waivers processed normally and there was no claims on Damien Williams.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

mnkcarp wrote:
NCF wrote:
mnkcarp wrote:
So... I claimed him too early? That's complete BS. The claim is still sitting in my waiver list, although now it shows him as owned.
When you claimed did you drop a player? Are you at 38 guys?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

mnkcarp wrote:
The claim is still sitting in my waiver list, although now it shows him as owned.
That is really weird, if true. Maybe a timing issue due to changing settings. I don't know. [mention]YoHoChecko[/mention] [mention]Packfntk[/mention] [mention]BF004[/mention] Thoughts? How do we make this right?

Read More. Post Less.

mnkcarp
Reactions:

Post by mnkcarp »

image.png
image.png (272.04 KiB) Viewed 372 times
Not sure if you guys can see this, I never just pasted a pic in before. Let me know - it's a screenshot from right now.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

My first thought was Nick had a lower waiver priority at the time, and you go to 10 every time you use a waiver claim. So maybe Nick was then.

Can anyone confirm nor deny that at the time?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
15 Jul 2021 11:47
My first thought was Nick had a lower waiver priority at the time, and you go to 10 every time you use a waiver claim. So maybe Nick was then.

Can anyone confirm nor deny that at the time?
I believe he picked him in Free Agency though.

It looks like Fleaflicker F'ed up and he should go to Carp.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 15 Jul 2021 13:20, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Yeah, that was a first come, first serve add. Weird.

mnkcarp
Reactions:

Post by mnkcarp »

Yeah I basically woke up yesterday and did a D'oh! when I realized I hadn't made any claims yet and waivers had just processed. I put in a claim for Damien Williams and Fleaflicker cued it up for me for the following Wednesday. Then I log on this morning, and see on my waiver claim cue that he's owned! I guess when the waiver rules were changed to first come, first served, Fleaflicker just left my waiver claim to go through next Wednesday. Anyone else have players in their waiver cue?

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

This is my fault and Damien Williams should go to [mention]mnkcarp[/mention]

There were two or three hours after waivers processed when it went back to weekly waivers before I edited it back to FCFS. In that time, carp arrived on site and tried to add Williams.

If it went from waivers to FCFS the way I intended, Carp would have added Williams as a free agent. But instead it created a claim. Then I changed the settings, not thinking about the possibility that a claim was entered in the interim.

Then [mention]Packfntk[/mention] made his adds.

Sorry I didn’t see this earlier.

mnkcarp
Reactions:

Post by mnkcarp »

As David Montgomery's owner, I'm really hoping it doesn't matter who has Williams, lol. But I sure would like the handcuff.