Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Davante Adams and the check out clerk at the local supermarket.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

wow, Belichick setting more records, got positions to fix, just empty the wallet, don't wait on draft picks to develop, Guty did it a couple years ago and our pass rush was one of the best in the league, in fact Z led the league in pass pressures, point is ya have to build using both the Draft and UFA or you'll never have a complete roster of quality talent.

we just talked about going all in to win now, well Billy B. is setting financial records doing it this year.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/2021-nfl-p ... 05452.html

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
17 Jul 2021 17:22
wow, Belichick setting more records, got positions to fix, just empty the wallet, don't wait on draft picks to develop, Guty did it a couple years ago and our pass rush was one of the best in the league, in fact Z led the league in pass pressures, point is ya have to build using both the Draft and UFA or you'll never have a complete roster of quality talent.

we just talked about going all in to win now, well Billy B. is setting financial records doing it this year.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/2021-nfl-p ... 05452.html
I mean, they were aggressive last year, too, and the results thus far have not been that great. They are aggressive every year. You need Blues and home-grown star talent to build around if you want to put together a legitimate playoff team, and it's way more costly to try to get those guys via FA than the draft.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

this picture is an amazing snapshot - from the QB's view

IT. IS. TIME

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BSA wrote:
19 Jul 2021 00:24
this picture is an amazing snapshot - from the QB's view
image.png
image.png (2.07 MiB) Viewed 473 times

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

well done piece from Cheesehead TV- they take the Packers financials and break down how that impacts the cap over the next few seasons
Players essentially "borrowed" money for 2021 and will have to pay it back by 2024...with interest

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/packers-f ... tions-632

"The big news is the cataclysmic decrease in local revenue, which dropped from $210.9 million all the way down to $61.8 million. That is a decrease of $149.1 million, or 70.7%. Wow! That will affect the salary cap limits for 2022 through 2024."

It appears that the 2021 salary cap should have been $147.1 million . Since we know the 2021 salary cap was artificially set at $182.5 million, that means the owners "loaned" to the players very roughly about $35.4 million per team, or a total of something in the neighborhood of $1.133 billion."
IT. IS. TIME

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

The Matty Stafford curse is real.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
20 Jul 2021 09:47

brutal
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:

Better call Gurley back.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

lupedafiasco wrote:
20 Jul 2021 11:00
BF004 wrote:

Better call Gurley back.
Yeah, that'll fix things. :lol:
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

NCF wrote:
21 Jul 2021 11:39
Meanwhile our entire ILB corps costs about 4M against the cap, and Barnes' salary isn't even in top 51 on the team.

:messedup: :cigar:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

NCF wrote:
21 Jul 2021 11:39
What a find Warner was. If the 9ers come back healthy this year they are a problem on defense. Thats the type of defense that can carry a team to a championship.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Cole Beasly seems dumber then a box of rocks, all about politics and money

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/cole-beasl ... 36371.html

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Not often we're on the same page, Yoop, but your point is difficult to refute. :)

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
22 Jul 2021 10:37

I read Beasley's tweet as more a statement to highlight and begin a conversation about the profiteering big pharma is realizing than any effort to actually profit from an endorsement deal or anything silly like that. At least I hope it is. Otherwise, I agree, he's an idiot.

I think that take is consistent with Beasley's continued criticism's of the whole framing of the virus and the media/govt push for everybody, regardless of susceptibility to serious illness, to get the jab.

From your linked article:
Pfizer reported a $3.5 billion profit from the vaccine in the first quarter of 2021, and could exceed $26 billion in the fiscal year...
The author goes on to deflect from the profit report stating the vaccine is "free" to everybody. It may not be costing John Q. Taxpayer at the doctor's office but it'll damn sure be costing him at tax time for years to come - and Pfizer shareholders as well as company senior leadership are all seeing massive profits from that.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Not a fan of big pharma, but, to be fair https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/PFE/

The stocks is just now getting back to where it was in late 2018.

It's up about 23% since 1 Feb of this year, about the same since 1 Oct, 2020, about 33% since 1 Jun 2020, and about the same since 1 Mar 2020. None of those are spectacular increases (any search will show many stocks with higher returns), so if you figure shareholders will realize "massive profits", you still have time to participate, like anyone else.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I'm putting this here, but guess most of the conversation should probably end up in Members Huddle. Sure to cause a buzz.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
22 Jul 2021 10:53
Yoop wrote:
22 Jul 2021 10:37

I read Beasley's tweet as more a statement to highlight and begin a conversation about the profiteering big pharma is realizing than any effort to actually profit from an endorsement deal or anything silly like that. At least I hope it is. Otherwise, I agree, he's an idiot.

I think that take is consistent with Beasley's continued criticism's of the whole framing of the virus and the media/govt push for everybody, regardless of susceptibility to serious illness, to get the jab.

From your linked article:
Pfizer reported a $3.5 billion profit from the vaccine in the first quarter of 2021, and could exceed $26 billion in the fiscal year...
The author goes on to deflect from the profit report stating the vaccine is "free" to everybody. It may not be costing John Q. Taxpayer at the doctor's office but it'll damn sure be costing him at tax time for years to come - and Pfizer shareholders as well as company senior leadership are all seeing massive profits from that.
seriously do you think people care about what there % of tax they will shell out for the covid vaccine is, what price do you put on a persons health?

I see a bunch of hospital chains are making it mandatory for workers to get the shot, up to me it would be mandatory for everyone, minus a condition the shot could make worse which is more rare then frog hair.

Beasley is acting just like the 35% of radical right wing nuts, defiant, and like Rand Paul think they know more then the thousands of medical and science people, these people are the reason the USA is one of the slowest nations to recover from the pandemic, and the reason the delta strain is spiking so quickly in these un vaccinated sections of the country.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
22 Jul 2021 12:40
I'm putting this here, but guess most of the conversation should probably end up in Members Huddle. Sure to cause a buzz.
great maybe this will reach and put some pressure on the Cole Beasley's of the NFL