Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
19 Jul 2021 19:23
APB wrote:
19 Jul 2021 18:06
nd the trifecta...you are are indeed wrong. Again.

The funniest part of your whole post is the one time you’re right is when you suggest you might be wrong but then switch gears to a statement that is absolutely wrong.
BS,this is why I rarely converse with you, you rarely give a straight answer, I know a bunch of service man that weren't allowed to get 20 years in, forced out early back in the 60's and 70's, a good friend in the Navy wasn't allowed to reinlist and like you had just shy of 30 years, so don't tell me it doesn't happen, the rest of your post isn't worth responding to.
Your less-than-20-year example isn’t what you said in your original post. What you did say was wrong.

That said, if you want to continue this discussion, send me a PM as this has nothing whatsoever to do with the topic at hand. I’ll gladly share military retirement info with you in a PM.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Waldo wrote:
19 Jul 2021 19:43
To me this has to have been a press/fans troll job by Rodgers that the team and other players are in on, to give him the offseason off so Love can get that experience of leading that Rodgers himself had, mislead everyone for the fun of it.

Because to accept the alternative, and that he really did make some sort of power play; I can't even, he can't be that dumb. Its just pure downside for him, the more downside he chooses the more collateral damage (organization/fans). This plan has had one fatal flaw from the beginning, what on earth is he trying to achieve? Can anyone identify the point? Why would you engage in a battle with no clear victory condition? On top of that, he has completely avoided facing the enemy head on.
I think he doesn't want to be there. I don't think that is a real power play. I think he is just saying I don't like it here anymore based on actions. It isn't going to hurt him in anyway. Basically the large majority of football followers agree that he has been unfairly treated except for some packers fans.

He is likely trying to achieve being cut or traded.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

go pak go wrote:
19 Jul 2021 19:50
bud fox wrote:
19 Jul 2021 18:39
go pak go wrote:
19 Jul 2021 18:15

I am being actively groomed by a company to take over and learn the CFO role. The current CFO likely has 3 years left or so.

My very job will be to learn everything about the company so I can take over for the current CFO when it is time.

The company who is trying to hire me is smart for succession planning.
Does the current CFO know or is behind his/her back?

This would be different if before the extension packers said to Rodgers look in giving you this contract we have to tell you we may start rebuilding immediately etc. Rodgers would not have signed with the packers if he knew a rebuild was starting.
If BG knew that a good QB prospect would be available in a draft slot 2 years later...he deserves a raise.

Rebuild was starting. :roll: :rotf: seriously. rebuild.....that's what I think about when I think of the Packers 2019 - 2021
You think what? I don't know what a laughing emoji means - you think its ridiculous?

They drafted three back ups for the future with the most available personnel assets they had. If they were doing everything to win now they draft a CB, LB, WR - people that are going to actually play.

Your laughing emoji and refusal to make an actual argument is pathetic.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Waldo wrote:
19 Jul 2021 19:43
To me this has to have been a press/fans troll job by Rodgers that the team and other players are in on, to give him the offseason off so Love can get that experience of leading that Rodgers himself had, mislead everyone for the fun of it.

Because to accept the alternative, and that he really did make some sort of power play; I can't even, he can't be that dumb. Its just pure downside for him, the more downside he chooses the more collateral damage (organization/fans). This plan has had one fatal flaw from the beginning, what on earth is he trying to achieve? Can anyone identify the point? Why would you engage in a battle with no clear victory condition? On top of that, he has completely avoided facing the enemy head on.
It’s no different than Cutler leaving the Broncos. When you dont feel you can trust your organization anymore you try and leave.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

APB wrote:
19 Jul 2021 18:28
lupedafiasco wrote: Imagine it in your own company or where ever you work. You have worked your ass off to climb to the top of your organizations ladder and are being paid accordingly. Your company goes out and hires a younger and cheaper person at the same position as you and is grooming that person for your exact job and you know it isnt to divide the workload. Youre getting cut. Youll get the severance package and youll be able to go work somewhere else with a nice resume but ultimately the legacy you built at your company just got &%$@ on by the organization trying to save some money.
Lupe - do you think the Air Force doesn’t have an active succession plan for you? Your section leader? Your commander?

Succession plans are a part of every successful and responsible organization. It isn’t about &%$@ on individual employees, it’s about ensuring continued success for the collective beyond the loss of any one individual.
I have no problem with a succession plan. The issue at hand is that Rodgers was never talking retirement or leaving. On top of that the Packers went out of their way to force the issue trading up in the first round. They’re the ones forcing the issue.

You people are such homers there is no room for criticism of the org.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
20 Jul 2021 06:56

These are the statements where we are far apart.

I think pretty much everyone on this board was angry the night of the draft in 2020. I have never cussed so much in my life after a draft pick. I was mad and I was absolutely criticizing the organization.

But then I allowed time to be the judge since that selection.

What time showed us is that the 2020 Packers were still freaking good and Patrick Queen, who I wanted that was still available, probably wouldn't have elevated the Packers from what Krys Barnes did. From what I saw, the Packers selection in the 2020 draft likely didn't impact or reduce the level of quality of the 2020 or 2021 Packers. And I always viewed the 2020 and 2021 seasons as the "peak" seasons for this window, being the 2018/2019 draft class and 2019 FA class Packers.

And that wasn't a Jordan Love thing. The window got smaller because of Covid which means "buyers" in 2019 - 2021 are going to have to pull back a lot in 2022 and 2023 regardless. It's just math.

So taking time to judge the selection and then seeing the reaction of Rodgers !@#$ down the limited windows and roster opportunities he has left has made me decide to be upset at Rodgers. I'm not defending the organization. I am mad because the organization has given keys to a really nice car and during this offseason and Rodgers doesn't want to drive it.

That makes no sense to me. I have never had a problem with Rodgers seeing the writing on the wall and wanting to leave. I have a problem on the timing of it. He is picking a fight, at the least, a year too early. And if it threatens our last best chance at a Lombardi....I'm gonna be pissed.

Because I honestly don't believe the 2022/2023 Packers is gonna have what it takes. (a lot of that also depends on how/when the Packers decide to take their medicine and get back to being friendly with the cap). So yeah. I'm more upset at the player for pissing down 2021 then I am at the organization who has built a sweet ride but apparently I am supposed to see it from Rodger's perspective of why his "feelings are hurt"
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

lupedafiasco wrote:
20 Jul 2021 06:56
APB wrote:
19 Jul 2021 18:28
lupedafiasco wrote: Imagine it in your own company or where ever you work. You have worked your ass off to climb to the top of your organizations ladder and are being paid accordingly. Your company goes out and hires a younger and cheaper person at the same position as you and is grooming that person for your exact job and you know it isnt to divide the workload. Youre getting cut. Youll get the severance package and youll be able to go work somewhere else with a nice resume but ultimately the legacy you built at your company just got &%$@ on by the organization trying to save some money.
Lupe - do you think the Air Force doesn’t have an active succession plan for you? Your section leader? Your commander?

Succession plans are a part of every successful and responsible organization. It isn’t about &%$@ on individual employees, it’s about ensuring continued success for the collective beyond the loss of any one individual.
I have no problem with a succession plan. The issue at hand is that Rodgers was never talking retirement or leaving. On top of that the Packers went out of their way to force the issue trading up in the first round. They’re the ones forcing the issue.

Lord this topic is getting painful.

Lupe your last comment is kinda of silly. The front office has been criticized plenty. Nobody here thinks they are perfect ot handled everything correct. There has been a lot of things that could have been dealt different. To think AR should be held higher then the team and hold this franchise hostage is also a weird homerism to him.

Yes AR hasnt talked about retiring but he also isnt 32. He had some major injuries a few years back. Lets not forget the 2020 draft happened during a lot of questions on how the season would go if they had a season at all. Almost every pick felt like a plan for 21 or 22. Was it the right move? Idk but I get it. I wouldnt have went with Love but the brass felt he was there guy and even in this years draft he would be in the mix with all and after Lawrence.

All Rodgers has to do is play like he did last year and lets win a damn superbowl. This team has that talent. If that happens nobody is worried about the succession plan.

GPG

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
19 Jul 2021 15:16
NCF wrote:
19 Jul 2021 14:27
Yoop wrote:
19 Jul 2021 14:15
you don't care because your not in his shoes
Neither are you. As Packers fans, shouldn't we want what is best for the team and not individual players?
absolutely, thats why I want the FO to stick with Rodgers, and like Rodgers I don't believe thats the plan, everyone acts as though Rodgers is acting this way with no good reason, obviously he doesn't trust Guty and Murphy to allow him to finish his contract here, I don't either.
Won't allow him to finish... hmmm...

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
20 Jul 2021 07:31
I think pretty much everyone on this board was angry the night of the draft in 2020. I have never cussed so much in my life after a draft pick. I was mad and I was absolutely criticizing the organization.

But then I allowed time to be the judge since that selection.

What time showed us is that the 2020 Packers were still freaking good and Patrick Queen, who I wanted that was still available, probably wouldn't have elevated the Packers from what Krys Barnes did. From what I saw, the Packers selection in the 2020 draft likely didn't impact or reduce the level of quality of the 2020 or 2021 Packers. And I always viewed the 2020 and 2021 seasons as the "peak" seasons for this window, being the 2018/2019 draft class and 2019 FA class Packers.
GM's have far more incite to how a draft will play out, and with so many teams using more up tempo schemes Guty had to know the top 5 receivers would be at a premium in that draft class, most of us new it to, for him to think one would drop to us is wishful thinking, even then he avoided taking several other receivers that where available later, so when he tells us Love was his next choice or BPA I don't believe him, there where better players but he wanted HIS QB to coach up so he could dump the expensive Rodgers and recoup his trade value, thats what I believe and obviously so does Rodgers, getting his target players has not been a problem for Guty, he traded back and up for guys like Alexander, Savage, etc, so if he really wanted one of those receivers he would have made it happen, and if not then at least take a player that would/could help the team

yep this is the end of this window, unless something unforseen happens this is Rodgers last year as a Packer, and probably the last for some other expensive players, course Guty will have his nut crush at the helm, how exciting.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

NCF wrote:
20 Jul 2021 08:12
Yoop wrote:
NCF wrote:

Neither are you. As Packers fans, shouldn't we want what is best for the team and not individual players?
absolutely, thats why I want the FO to stick with Rodgers, and like Rodgers I don't believe thats the plan, everyone acts as though Rodgers is acting this way with no good reason, obviously he doesn't trust Guty and Murphy to allow him to finish his contract here, I don't either.

After THEY tried to force him out. After THEY broke his trust.

If I’m Rodgers why would I want to sign another deal with a team that was about to end my current contract short? They only wanted to extend the deal after Rodgers made them like like idiots and won MVP.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
Yoop wrote:
NCF wrote:

until I hear this from the FO, or Rodgers himself says he turned it down I wont believe it, Schefter spreads a lot of half truths and un varified comments, it's click bait, why would Rodgers turn it down, it's what he wqanted all along, and as with other nfl contracts unless there are no trade clauses, or guarantee's the contract isn't worth the paper it's written on to the player.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
20 Jul 2021 08:29
NCF wrote:
Yoop wrote:

until I hear this from the FO, or Rodgers himself says he turned it down I wont believe it, Schefter spreads a lot of half truths and un varified comments, it's click bait, why would Rodgers turn it down, it's what he wqanted all along, and as with other nfl contracts unless there are no trade clauses, or guarantee's the contract isn't worth the paper it's written on to the player.
not saying its a false report, but schefters been played like a fiddle this entire summer. He seems on the defensive after having to go on his apology tour for dropping the bomb on draft day. Il wait to learn the details of that offer from someone else.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Me trying to figure out who's word has more credibility regarding what Aaron Rodgers wants and what has happened this past offseason regarding the Rodgers situation.

Adam Schefter: top ESPN NFL breaking news journalist with thousands of ties and sources to what is going on.

Yoop: man in the upper peninsula who has his obvious theories that change 3 times in a single day to always support his Rodgers homerism.

:dunno: :dunno: :think: :think:
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I don't understand what Schefter got wrong outside of not spilling out a source on the Dan Patrick show.

Schefter is hearing a lot of things. Usually we find these things to be right or at least in the direction of being right. Even the Schefter thing. He said Rodgers is upset.

Clearly Rodgers is upset. He hasn't showed up to sh*t. And by watching the Packers press conferences after draft day...it's clear something is going on. So Schefter broke some big a$$ news on Draft Day that people are upset. But guess what...2.5 months later it still appears that the over-arching theme of Schefter is that his breaking news was right.

He said Rodgers doesn't want to play for the Packers. From my perspective, that reporting is proving to be more correct than wrong at this point.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
20 Jul 2021 08:35
Me trying to figure out who's word has more credibility regarding what Aaron Rodgers wants and what has happened this past offseason regarding the Rodgers situation.

Adam Schefter: top ESPN NFL breaking news journalist with thousands of ties and sources to what is going on.

Yoop: man in the upper peninsula who has his obvious theories that change 3 times in a single day to always support his Rodgers homerism.

at least I'am not some naive gullable guy who believes Packer FO people are forth coming with whats real every time they open there mouths.

when Guty said we hoped one of those receivers would drop, I laughed, hardly any of us here thought one would, then to spout that LOVE was BPA I about barfed up my fried chicken.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
20 Jul 2021 08:37
I don't understand what Schefter got wrong outside of not spilling out a source on the Dan Patrick show.

Schefter is hearing a lot of things. Usually we find these things to be right or at least in the direction of being right. Even the Schefter thing. He said Rodgers is upset.

Clearly Rodgers is upset. He hasn't showed up to sh*t. And by watching the Packers press conferences after draft day...it's clear something is going on.
What he did wrong was specifically cite in his "news breaking" tweet that he "heard today" as if he was breaking something actively taking place at that time.

Then later he said he didn't hear anything that day. He heard it in bits and pieces all summer, figured that with the 49ers trade news, it was bound to break at some point, and he wanted to be the one to break it, so he broke it that day.

That doesn't make it inaccurate but it shows that he is willing to be careless with the wording and timing of a news story in order to make it suit his narrative. His "break the news" tweet and his "there is no source" Dan Patrick Show interview had entirely different tones and insinuations as to what we're dealing with.

He showed in the fallout that he's willing to change his tune according to what serves him best later. And he's willing to wait--what, a full week?--to let the narratives he built get out of control before making those tune alterations. He went on tv every day while people speculated who leaked the story and why they picked draft day and was it revenge on the Packers for Love and was it from his camp or from their camp. He was ON THE SHOWS where those debates were taking place. He never once said "you guys, it wasn't leaked on draft day. It's been a slow leak by many parties all year. I'm the one who decided when to break it" until a week later.

None of this is egregious (though that last one actually ticks me off) and none means the information was inaccurate. But what it DOES mean is that the way he reveals information, the way that information comes to him, and the timing of its release are all worthy of suspicion and skepticism.

Further, his interview last week with Collinsworth and PFF added almost no new insight, which tells me he's not in the inner circles of this information right now. So last week he did an interview with PFF in which he debated whether it's about the money. So a tweet "proving" it is more Schefter maintenance than Rodgers insight to me. In this case, I side with the Rodgers Support Group that I'd like non-Schefter sources to confirm things before calling them likely fact. Gimme James Jones, AJ Hawk and Pat MacAfee; gimme Tyler Dunne and even Rob Demovsky. Even that smug punk Wilde at least is clearly well connected in Rodgers' circles.

When it comes to Rodgers, Schefty knew it would be the offseason's dominant story and he's willing to heat up the air waves to keep it associated with him (heating up airwaves and blowing hot air are basically the same thing, literally speaking)

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

I wonder what "Tied to the Packers for 5 years" really looked like. Because if it was "Hey, sorry we messed up drafting Love. This contract not only pays you the most money, but this is a full commitment to you for 5 years and we can't get out of it" type contract, then wtf more can Rodgers ask for?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
20 Jul 2021 08:45
go pak go wrote:
20 Jul 2021 08:35

at least I'am not some naive gullable guy who believes Packer FO people are forth coming with whats real every time they open there mouths.

when Guty said we hoped one of those receivers would drop, I laughed, hardly any of us here thought one would, then to spout that LOVE was BPA I about barfed up my fried chicken.
I actually thought there was a better chance a top 5 WR would drop rather than Kenneth Murray/Patrick Queen to drop past 25.

That's the draft for ya.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
20 Jul 2021 08:51
go pak go wrote:
20 Jul 2021 08:37

Clearly Rodgers is upset. He hasn't showed up to sh*t. And by watching the Packers press conferences after draft day...it's clear something is going on.
What he did wrong was specifically cite in his "news breaking" tweet that he "heard today" as if he was breaking something actively taking place at that time.

Then later he said he didn't hear anything that day. He heard it in bits and pieces all summer, figured that with the 49ers trade news, it was bound to break at some point, and he wanted to be the one to break it, so he broke it that day.

That doesn't make it inaccurate but it shows that he is willing to be careless with the wording and timing of a news story in order to make it suit his narrative. His "break the news" tweet and his "there is no source" Dan Patrick Show interview had entirely different tones and insinuations as to what we're dealing with.

He showed in the fallout that he's willing to change his tune according to what serves him best later. And he's willing to wait--what, a full week?--to let the narratives he built get out of control before making those tune alterations. He went on tv every day while people speculated who leaked the story and why they picked draft day and was it revenge on the Packers for Love and was it from his camp or from their camp. He was ON THE SHOWS where those debates were taking place. He never once said "you guys, it wasn't leaked on draft day. It's been a slow leak by many parties all year. I'm the one who decided when to break it" until a week later.

None of this is egregious (though that last one actually ticks me off) and none means the information was inaccurate. But what it DOES mean is that the way he reveals information, the way that information comes to him, and the timing of its release are all worthy of suspicion and skepticism.

Further, his interview last week with Collinsworth and PFF added almost no new insight, which tells me he's not in the inner circles of this information right now. So last week he did an interview with PFF in which he debated whether it's about the money. So a tweet "proving" it is more Schefter maintenance than Rodgers insight to me. In this case, I side with the Rodgers Support Group that I'd like non-Schefter sources to confirm things before calling them likely fact. Gimme James Jones, AJ Hawk and Pat MacAfee; gimme Tyler Dunne and even Rob Demovsky. Even that smug punk Wilde at least is clearly well connected in Rodgers' circles.

When it comes to Rodgers, Schefty knew it would be the offseason's dominant story and he's willing to heat up the air waves to keep it associated with him (heating up airwaves and blowing hot air are basically the same thing, literally speaking)
the salt he showed on collinsworth and in the murphy presser on earnings showed me that adam is unhappy people he views as less than him in media like Mcafee and Aj Hawk know way more than him about the situation. The only way Schefter turns out really right in this situation is if Rodgers doesnt play in 2021, bc thats what he was still indicating would happen on Collinsworth pod.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
20 Jul 2021 08:56
I actually thought there was a better chance a top 5 WR would drop rather than Kenneth Murray/Patrick Queen to drop past 25.

That's the draft for ya.
Speaking of top 5 WRs dropping we have GOT to get our hands on Trey Burks next year. I am obsessed with his fit for us.