Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
20 Jul 2021 12:28
Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Jul 2021 12:24
Yoop wrote:
20 Jul 2021 12:06

average??? by who's standards, a bunch of stat geeks at PFF, the lack of supporting talent and schemes is the biggest reasons for Rodgers decline
By NFL QB standards... Rodgers was absolutely playing average in 2018 and 2019.
Jesus, yoop, pull your head out of your ass. Stop spouting the same tired retorts that are not even factually correct. So, fine, talent and schemes in 2018. I can buy that. In 2019, LaFleur was in. The talent is largely the same today as it was then. This isn't a PFF thing. This was the reality.

Another argument and a more popular one is that the Packers should not have projected 2018 and 2019 onto 2020. Maybe they did, maybe the didn't, but if they did, they were obviously wrong.
jesus GPG, pull your head out of your own ass, even Brady ( your GOD ) had to require his coach to tailer the Tampa offense to his skills some, 2019 Rodgers played a new scheme, along with everyone else on the offense, you stick any other QB into that situation and they would not play there best either, and I spout the same thing because they are factually correct, your the guy living in lala land.

of course they where wrong, we wouldn't be dealing with this had Guty not been thinking of trading Rodgers in acouple years, he loaded up the Roster to win in 2020 and possibly this year, even minus the covid season it will be impossible to retain all the stars on this team, you've even said that yourself, seriously now, minus that talent Rodgers under center still gives this team the best chance to win, Guty was foolish for monkey wrenching this up, and it's probably going to cost him his job.

I differ from you and others here I think, sure I want to win super bowls, but it's a distant second to why I love and watch this game, for me it's always been about the players, and the thrills and excitement they provide, and Rodgers still delivers that big time, shows no signs of that ending in the near future, but it doesn't look like he'll provide
those thrills for us much longer, well not as Packer anyway.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
20 Jul 2021 13:14
That said, you just made Aaron the highest paid player, then even extended him kicking the can down the road. I would have put nearly every resource into building the best possible team around him.
exactly, so why draft his replacement versus trading up farther for one of those receivers, and Rodgers never looked as terrible as you just made it sound, those misses where just as much the receiver not being where Rodgers expected them to be.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:
20 Jul 2021 14:53
BF004 wrote:
That said, you just made Aaron the highest paid player, then even extended him kicking the can down the road. I would have put nearly every resource into building the best possible team around him.
exactly, so why draft his replacement versus trading up farther for one of those receivers, and Rodgers never looked as terrible as you just made it sound, those misses where just as much the receiver not being where Rodgers expected them to be.
Because this isn't the Madden video game. Just because you might want to make a trade for a WR doesn't mean that teams will trade with you. I think I've literally seen other people make the same point to you about 3 times at least. But sometimes GM's try to make trades and they just don't work out.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
BF004 wrote:
No, they weren't, he was dreadful. You have parroted that line repetitively with zero evidence. Just because you want something to be true and say it a ton, does not make it true.

I am the biggest Rodgers fan and I made a lot of excuses over that 3 year stretch. Impossible for your plant leg and your throwing shoulder collar bone being broken not to dick with your mechanics, 2020 was the first year he was fully removed from the injuries, IMO and it showed. MVP again.

But he was simply awful in that game, and a huge game at that.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
20 Jul 2021 14:40
NCF wrote:
20 Jul 2021 12:28
Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Jul 2021 12:24

By NFL QB standards... Rodgers was absolutely playing average in 2018 and 2019.
Jesus, yoop, pull your head out of your ass. Stop spouting the same tired retorts that are not even factually correct. So, fine, talent and schemes in 2018. I can buy that. In 2019, LaFleur was in. The talent is largely the same today as it was then. This isn't a PFF thing. This was the reality.

Another argument and a more popular one is that the Packers should not have projected 2018 and 2019 onto 2020. Maybe they did, maybe the didn't, but if they did, they were obviously wrong.
jesus GPG, pull your head out of your own ass, even Brady ( your GOD ) had to require his coach to tailer the Tampa offense to his skills some, 2019 Rodgers played a new scheme, along with everyone else on the offense, you stick any other QB into that situation and they would not play there best either, and I spout the same thing because they are factually correct, your the guy living in lala land.
See what I mean yoop when I say it's like you don't even read my posts but you attack my posts as if you did read it? (even though your retorts have nothing to do with my posts)

I feel like the whole "3rd street lawyer" and me "twisting your words" (when all I actually do is just use direct quotes using copy and paste of your posts) attacks lose a lot of credibility when you attack go pak go (you like to GPG it) when I'm not even any of the authors in this string line. :roll: :rotf:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I was wondering if you would notice. LOL.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
20 Jul 2021 15:26
I was wondering if you would notice. LOL.
Some people on this forum actually read the posts. :rotf: ;)
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Jeez go Pack, stop be so self centered. He could've just been saying "Go Pack Go" as a general statement in prefacing the rest of his post, which he knew was directed at NCF. :lol:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
20 Jul 2021 15:12
Yoop wrote:
BF004 wrote:
No, they weren't, he was dreadful. You have parroted that line repetitively with zero evidence. Just because you want something to be true and say it a ton, does not make it true.

I am the biggest Rodgers fan and I made a lot of excuses over that 3 year stretch. Impossible for your plant leg and your throwing shoulder collar bone being broken not to dick with your mechanics, 2020 was the first year he was fully removed from the injuries, IMO and it showed. MVP again.

But he was simply awful in that game, and a huge game at that.
I don't remember the game, I'll take your word for it, I'll stand with most QB's will struggle in a new scheme, specially when it's new to everyone else to, specially recovering from injury's .

considering all that, he still had a 95 QBR, and a perfect game mixed in to, he seemed inconsistent, thats why I mention scheme,

they rate 2019 # 9 of Rodgers 13 seasons,

Legendary moment: Rodgers had a perfect passer rating against Oakland on Oct. 20 (158.3) when he threw for 429 yards and five touchdowns in a 42-24 win. But it's hard to top the crazy heave to Jamaal Williams in the back of the end zone against Kansas City a week later to help Green Bay win a marquee Sunday Night Football game against the eventual Super Bowl champion, 31-24.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/n ... 389994001/

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

lupedafiasco wrote:
20 Jul 2021 14:05
I would say good management is good resource management. That has not been the case here. In fact it hasnt been on multiple accounts, not just this one. I would love to have a great backup QB who in time can be the perfect successor to Rodgers. What a perfect world that would be. Unfortunately in the real world you just took what was our best resource to get a quality player to develop and play on cheap contract years and threw it on the bench causing a massive rift between QB and management.
Just how many of these "perfect successors to Rodgers" do you think there are? Do you think they can look at the draft, think "he might be the perfect successor to Rodgers", and then decide not to draft him because there's bound to be another one available next year?

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Go Bucks!!!

Read More. Post Less.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

lupedafiasco wrote:
20 Jul 2021 14:09

Not to say this is the end all be all but typically if youre getting the 4th QB in the class you are the one getting the leftover.
Totally useless statement. Draft position has nothing to do with how good of a QB someone will be. But, if 4th is is a leftover, what does that make Dak Prescott and Russell Wilson? Pond scum?

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Raptorman wrote:
20 Jul 2021 19:17
lupedafiasco wrote:

Not to say this is the end all be all but typically if youre getting the 4th QB in the class you are the one getting the leftover.
Totally useless statement. Draft position has nothing to do with how good of a QB someone will be. But, if 4th is is a leftover, what does that make Dak Prescott and Russell Wilson? Pond scum?
TBF it was widely accepted if Russell was 2" taller he'd be a high 1st the year he was drafted, and his success seems to have led to a reevaluation of the importance of height in a QB, because in hindsight, he absolutely was worth a high 1.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Raptorman wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

It was in response to a prior statement showing that Love was a leftover from his class. The other QBs all went top 6.

Dak was a QB taken in the middle rounds by a team with a pro bowl level QB in place. Thats where you should take a developmental QB when you already have one that can play. It turned out they needed him right away but that was not the plan. They didnt go QB round 1 but they got Zeke who only dominated the league during his rookie deal.

As for Russ, just a complete steal. That pick did change the way QBs height is viewed as stated a few posts above. Since then Murray and Baker both were taken #1 with smaller statures. Teams have gone after more athletic QBs early as well.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

dsr wrote:
20 Jul 2021 18:26
lupedafiasco wrote:
I would say good management is good resource management. That has not been the case here. In fact it hasnt been on multiple accounts, not just this one. I would love to have a great backup QB who in time can be the perfect successor to Rodgers. What a perfect world that would be. Unfortunately in the real world you just took what was our best resource to get a quality player to develop and play on cheap contract years and threw it on the bench causing a massive rift between QB and management.
Just how many of these "perfect successors to Rodgers" do you think there are? Do you think they can look at the draft, think "he might be the perfect successor to Rodgers", and then decide not to draft him because there's bound to be another one available next year?
Is love the perfect successor? They could get a Love talent in any draft that is the reality. If he was a special player he would have went number 1. Or atleast be one of the first 3 QBs discussed.

They took Love when they did in part because management wanted there guy and they had set a plan/timeline. Rodgers just destroyed it with his play.

Love is not a 1 in 100 year prospect.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

dsr wrote:
20 Jul 2021 18:26
lupedafiasco wrote:
absolutely, QB's taken where Love was have a 75% bust rate, sure some where not coached up long enough, but the point is most where successful college QB's where the game is slower and less complicated, heres a link to success rates according to pick slot of all QB's drafted this century, and what to expect from this class.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/qb ... -nfl-draft

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Raptorman wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

of course draft position matters, do you even bother to research comments you make?

a simple goggle search proves that draft slotting really does matter, sure finding a gem in later rounds or even late in the first does happen, but it's a rarity not the norm.

https://www.google.com/search?q=success ... j7&sourcei

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/qb ... -nfl-draft