Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

As I said they maybe should have mentioned to Rodgers that a QB may be on the table if one they like falls into their range. That has already been mentioned. Not a valid reason for these shenanigans.

As a backup QB Love could help the team in the Rodgers window. Rodgers has been hurt plenty in his career. Teams can't just think about 1 players window, they also need to think beyond. They are the team, not the player. That said if the reason for Rodgers pulling this &%$@ is mainly because we drafted Jordan Love in 2020 then he needs to man the $%@# up and stop being such a little pussy. Play to the best of your ability and you will play with the Packers through 2023. Don't be afraid of a little competition.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Waldo wrote:
22 Jul 2021 20:40
bud fox wrote:
22 Jul 2021 20:24
They were very high on Love and it should have been mentioned to Rodgers - he looked like an idiot on media that day.
He has done an amazing job parlaying that into looking like an idiot the last 3 months.
Cool

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Waldo wrote:
22 Jul 2021 20:40
bud fox wrote:
22 Jul 2021 20:24
They were very high on Love and it should have been mentioned to Rodgers - he looked like an idiot on media that day.
He has done an amazing job parlaying that into looking like an idiot the last 3 months.
:rotf:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
22 Jul 2021 20:10
Pckfn23 wrote:
22 Jul 2021 18:38
Yoop wrote:
22 Jul 2021 17:49

WTF, I'am done.
:rotf: Might be the biggest whopper you have said in 11 years and THAT is saying something. :rotf:
Sherman wasn't the coach in 06,
I know he wasn't. That was my point. It was a hypothetical. If Sherman was never fired and Favre decided to in fact retire in 2005...that was my hypothetical.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Raptorman wrote:
22 Jul 2021 19:27
go pak go wrote:
22 Jul 2021 18:13
NCF wrote:
22 Jul 2021 18:07

This is the funniest thing I have seen on this forum. Ever.
I think the Hundley thing might be one of my favorite strings of communications in a while.

"I'm not even gonna look it up but my guess is Hundley's rookie season is nowhere close to as good as Rodgers"

Unbeknowesnt to yoop:
Brett Hundley leads the league in pass rating and has a game over 230 yards and another game over 300 yards in preseason footbal
l

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

sometimes it pays to vet your thoughts before documenting them for all to see
yeah, that doesn't count for much. 31 out of 43, 413 yards 3 TD's, and 0 Int's 125.4 rating. Do you know what that gets you? A reserve contract with the Raiders in your 4th year only to be released 4 months later.
I completely agree.

It's why I believe the environemnt, personal hunger, coaches, athetlic and mental development all play such a key and pivotal role. It's that 2nd and 3rd year that are important. Rodgers went up. We saw true ascension each year. Hundley went down (2nd year was due to injury).

Also. I am not going to pretend that Brett Hundley is on the samw talent level of Rodgers. But I did honestly believe in 2015 that we had something there.

An boy was I wrong.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
22 Jul 2021 21:20
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
22 Jul 2021 18:38

:rotf: Might be the biggest whopper you have said in 11 years and THAT is saying something. :rotf:
I know he wasn't. That was my point. It was a hypothetical. If Sherman was never fired and Favre decided to in fact retire in 2005...that was my hypothetical.
I got the jist of it, yes McCarthy was a better QB coach then Sherman, But Rodgers was 9 for 11 in his first PS game, Hundley was 2 for 10 in 016 and subbing 9 games games for Rodgers in 017 had a 70 QBR, so as I said, he sucked as arookie and really never got much better, and we dumped him for Kizer, but you think what you want about the first couple years of Rodgers ability, you act as though he was as raw as Love.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Yoop wrote:
22 Jul 2021 21:37
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

I got the jist of it, yes McCarthy was a better QB coach then Sherman, But Rodgers was 9 for 11 in his first PS game, Hundley was 2 for 10 in 016 and subbing 9 games games for Rodgers in 017 had a 70 QBR, so as I said, he sucked as arookie and really never got much better, and we dumped him for Kizer, but you think what you want about the first couple years of Rodgers ability, you act as though he was as raw as Love.
Yoop, they were comparing Hundley in his rookie preseason (2015) vs. Rodgers in his rookie preseason. That's it. They didn't bring up the regular season, 2016, or 2017. Hundley did not "suck as a rookie"!
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
22 Jul 2021 22:02
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Yoop, they were comparing Hundley in his rookie preseason (2015) vs. Rodgers in his rookie preseason. That's it. They didn't bring up the regular season, 2016, or 2017. Hundley did not "suck as a rookie"!
I didn't find his rookie PS stats where he excelled, your right he didn't suck in those PS games, we had to wait till the games mattered to watch him suck, to many variables involved with PS games to determine the true ability of a QB.

Brett Hundley’s nine-game run as the starting quarterback of the Green Bay Packers in 2017 ended with three wins, two shutout losses and one dubious distinction.

NFL.com’s QB Index rankings, compiled every year by Gregg Rosenthal, identified Hundley as the worst qualified quarterback in the NFL for the 2017 season. He finished 33rd, one spot below Cleveland Browns rookie quarterback DeShone Kizer.

“The Packers expected more,” Rosenthal wrote. “Hundley never got comfortable, although his shortcomings should be shared by a coaching staff that either didn’t evaluate him well or failed to come up with enough solutions to help him.”

Hundley completed 192 of 316 attempts for 1,836 yards, nine touchdowns and 12 interceptions. He finished 23rd in the NFL in completion percentage (60.8), 31st in yards per attempt (5.8) and 30th in passer rating (70.6).

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2018/0 ... x-in-2017/

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
23 Jul 2021 06:28
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
22 Jul 2021 22:02
Yoop wrote:

I didn't find his rookie PS stats where he excelled, your right he didn't suck in those PS games, we had to wait till the games mattered to watch him suck, to many variables involved with PS games to determine the true ability of a QB.

Brett Hundley’s nine-game run as the starting quarterback of the Green Bay Packers in 2017 ended with three wins, two shutout losses and one dubious distinction.

NFL.com’s QB Index rankings, compiled every year by Gregg Rosenthal, identified Hundley as the worst qualified quarterback in the NFL for the 2017 season. He finished 33rd, one spot below Cleveland Browns rookie quarterback DeShone Kizer.

“The Packers expected more,” Rosenthal wrote. “Hundley never got comfortable, although his shortcomings should be shared by a coaching staff that either didn’t evaluate him well or failed to come up with enough solutions to help him.”

Hundley completed 192 of 316 attempts for 1,836 yards, nine touchdowns and 12 interceptions. He finished 23rd in the NFL in completion percentage (60.8), 31st in yards per attempt (5.8) and 30th in passer rating (70.6).

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2018/0 ... x-in-2017/
You're bouncing.

The whole point of this tangent conversation is you brought 2005 preseason highlights of Aaron Rodgers and said (to paraphrase), "this guy played pretty good. You could see he was starter material immediately." -keep in mind Rodgers threw over 3 yards like 4 times all preseason.

When instead, Aaron Rodgers was honestly a clinic of bad QB play his rookie season. There is very little to go off Aaron Rodgers 2005 and be like "oh yeah...he's got it". His ball placement (Ted Thedford style) terrible. His footwork terrible. His accuracy questionable (he missed a lot of throws. Yes there were some drops, but there were a lot of off target throws)

The only positive thing I have commented in the past about 2005 Rodgers is he seemed confident and command in the huddle. But I said the same thing about Hundley in 2017 right away too.

Trying to use 2005 highlight/struggle film based on what we know now is completely using hindsight as your benefit. That's like saying, "man, I just knew in 1997 that Amazon Stock was where it was going to be at! (meanwhile you didn't buy amazon stock until 2020)."

And so then I brought in some Hundely comments to compare the rookie highlights of Hundley and Rodgers. Sadly, 2015 was before Packers.com put up preseason highlights on Youtube so that tape is limited. Cherry picking 2016 games and 2017 games of Hundley to double down on your point...I don't get really get it. Those were not part of the conversation.

But you just kept pressing so I then had to have fun. And I had a lot of fun. I think a number of people on the forum had a lot of laughs reading through the last few pages. :lol:
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:

I didn't find his rookie PS stats where he excelled, your right he didn't suck in those PS games
I know. Once again evidence you don't read posts. I brought the article in yesterday and gave you quoted "cliff notes" displaying Hundley was the highest rated QB his 2015 rookie preseason. And he played a lot in 2015 because we shut the team down in 2015 after Nelson's ACL injury.

2016 Hundley got injured and basically missed all TC. He finally had a slow slide down ever since.
Last edited by go pak go on 23 Jul 2021 07:15, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Good video today and I think that it is a solid representation of this forum as well.

Yoop wrote:

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Already made comments on local reporters. Biggest homers of all and there job depends on it.

I can start posting 100 Stephen a Smith videos if we want to go down that path.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

bud fox wrote:
23 Jul 2021 07:14
Already made comments on local reporters. Biggest homers of all and there job depends on it.

Except they aren't reporters. Herman has limited media access. But the theory of "Packers will take away media access to these part time bloggers" is a bit ridiculous.

They don't make much more money on their Packers venture than I do posting on this forum.

(I make no monies being here)
Last edited by go pak go on 23 Jul 2021 07:17, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

bud fox wrote:

You proved a point. How about you listen to the damn thing? You might learn something. Sometimes there are two sides to a story. Your "homer" just squatted right smack dab in the middle of this whole thing and you are talking about Stephen A Smith. JHC.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
23 Jul 2021 06:58
Yoop wrote:

I didn't find his rookie PS stats where he excelled, your right he didn't suck in those PS games
I know. Once again evidence you don't read my posts. I brought the article in yesterday and gave you quoted "cliff notes" displaying Hundley was the highest rated QB his 2015 rookie preseason. And he played a lot in 2015 because we shut the team down in 2015 after Nelson's ACL injury.

2016 Hundley got injured and basically missed all TC. He finally had a slow slide down ever since.
once 015 PS was over, so was Hundley, he was never as good because he had to play against better defenses, Rodgers continued to improve because he was the better player, if he sucked as much as you contend then Mac and Ted would have used another pick on a QB

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
23 Jul 2021 07:19
if he sucked as much as you contend then Mac and Ted would have used another pick on a QB
Yep.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

I know. Once again evidence you don't read my posts. I brought the article in yesterday and gave you quoted "cliff notes" displaying Hundley was the highest rated QB his 2015 rookie preseason. And he played a lot in 2015 because we shut the team down in 2015 after Nelson's ACL injury.

once 015 PS was over, so was Hundley, he was never as good because he had to play against better defenses, Rodgers continued to improve because he was the better player, if he sucked as much as you contend then Mac and Ted would have used another pick on a QB
They did. mid 2nd round! :rotf: :rotf:

But. To to the larger point, again you're bouncing. We didn't select a QB in 2016. That move came later. Usually, as a rule, you always give rookies the benefit of the doubt they will improve their 2nd and 3rd year.

Well. This forum doesn't do that. But most people in football at least do.

Last edited by go pak go on 23 Jul 2021 07:26, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

NCF wrote:
23 Jul 2021 07:17
bud fox wrote:

You proved a point. How about you listen to the damn thing? You might learn something. Sometimes there are two sides to a story. Your "homer" just squatted right smack dab in the middle of this whole thing and you are talking about Stephen A Smith. JHC.
I listened and it was pathetic. And to gpg why even post these guys then if it's just a random dude ... I read enough random rubbish on this forum.

These guys are basically just members of this forum and instead of posting they make a clip.

They probably steal yoho's material.

Public sentiment is behind Rodgers outside of packers forums on the net.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Truly, I don't care about this topic and it is pointless because I don't remember everything I thought about Aaron Rodgers before the Dallas game in 2007. I remember him showing flashes and looking solid in 2007 preseason, but still don't remember thinking, "Yeah, that guy is going to be Aaron Rodgers someday." Similarly, I don't remember everything I thought about Hundley, but he seemingly did improve each year and his 2017 preseason was exceptional to the point we started talking about moving him for a high draft pick.

I don't even know where the point is in this argument, but Rodgers did not look good at first. Hundley probably didn't either. They both looked good with some development time and I think the point was, to some, Hundley maybe even looked a little better... BASED ONLY on PS FOOTBALL. Obviously, that didn't translate well.

What does that mean? $%@# if I know. Love could look awesome or Love could look like ass in PS. Does it matter? Didn't seem to for Rodgers or Hundley.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

bud fox wrote:
23 Jul 2021 07:23
Public sentiment is behind Rodgers outside of packers forums on the net.
Yeah, from outsiders that want him in Denver.

Read More. Post Less.