Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Didn't they draft brohm and Flynn same year?

Anyway packers knew they had something good in Rodgers. There is video of coaches talking on it. McCarthy speaks on how Rodgers just dominated drills and scout team. He said his times in figure 8 drill were unbelievable.

Be difficult for me to find the video but I'm sure others have seen it.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I guess the only people who attended the Brewers game when Rodgers name was called out earlier this spring were just Packersnews.net homers then. :idn:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

bud fox wrote:
23 Jul 2021 07:27
Didn't they draft brohm and Flynn same year?

Anyway packers knew they had something good in Rodgers. There is video of coaches talking on it. McCarthy speaks on how Rodgers just dominated drills and scout team. He said his times in figure 8 drill were unbelievable.

I would not argue that by 2006/2007 the Packers knew they had something good in Rodgers.

Never would I argue that. Because it's not true. The Packers knew they had something GREAT in Rodgers.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

go pak go wrote:
23 Jul 2021 07:28
I guess the only people who attended the Brewers game when Rodgers name was called out earlier this spring were just Packersnews.net homers then. :idn:
Lol wouldn't surprise me you bunch really have it out for him.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

bud fox wrote:
23 Jul 2021 07:23
I listened and it was pathetic.
This is the endlessly frustrating part for me... why is the mid-ground pathetic? Why is there no wiggle room here that it's all or nothing?

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

bud fox wrote:
It was featured in the Super Bowl video, whatever that NFLN show is that does a feature on the champs. It was the figure 8 drill. MM said Rodgers didn't even know how good his times were.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
23 Jul 2021 07:30
bud fox wrote:
This is the endlessly frustrating part for me... why is the mid-ground pathetic? Why is there no wiggle room here that it's all or nothing?
It's this crap is why a$$ clowns like Stephen A, Skip Bayless, Tucker Carlson, Rachael Maddow, Colin Cowherd are rich.

Thinking and being reasonable doesn't sell. Being an a$$ and being 100% committed does sell.

It's so frustrating.
Yoop wrote:

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

NCF wrote:
bud fox wrote:
Because who ever the other guy was sounded like a wimp. Would never stand up for himself and would just slurp his boss all day and night.

Principles don't matter to people like that.

Rodgers isn't doing the socially expected right thing. Rodgers is man enough not to get walked over and that bum will never understand that.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

bud fox wrote:
23 Jul 2021 07:34
NCF wrote:
bud fox wrote:
Because who ever the other guy was sounded like a wimp. Would never stand up for himself and would just slurp his boss all day and night.
For the most I agree with your overall assessment of Peter Burkowski. :rotf:

Except he don't have a boss. And I actually think he is pretty correct on the Rodgers thing. But he has put his twitter foot in his mouth a plenty before.
Last edited by go pak go on 23 Jul 2021 07:38, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

NCF wrote:
23 Jul 2021 07:32
bud fox wrote:
It was featured in the Super Bowl video, whatever that NFLN show is that does a feature on the champs. It was the figure 8 drill. MM said Rodgers didn't even know how good his times were.
Thanks - it was a great insight.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

bud fox wrote:
NCF wrote:
23 Jul 2021 07:17
bud fox wrote:
23 Jul 2021 07:14
Already made comments on local reporters. Biggest homers of all and there job depends on it.

I can start posting 100 Stephen a Smith videos if we want to go down that path.
You proved a point. How about you listen to the damn thing? You might learn something. Sometimes there are two sides to a story. Your "homer" just squatted right smack dab in the middle of this whole thing and you are talking about Stephen A Smith. JHC.
I listened and it was pathetic. And to gpg why even post these guys then if it's just a random dude ... I read enough random rubbish on this forum.

These guys are basically just members of this forum and instead of posting they make a clip.

They probably steal yoho's material.

Public sentiment is behind Rodgers outside of packers forums on the net.
"They probably steal yoho's material" is hilarious.

But I actually think most people outside this forum have a built in arrogance that it all worked out post Favre, so it will all work out post Rodgers. Many see the team ready to win, and see Rodgers pouting as the only thing that could prevent a chance to win a sb. Most real Packers fans dont buy the lazy narrative that Rodgers has no weapons. Most do hate the Love pick, but many seem to have forgiven Gute of that for now...just because of how last year worked out even after Love was selected (top seed in playoffs).

I think the FO is winning the PR battle at this point, I also think many fans will be in for a rude awakening if the smooth transition from Rodgers to Love isnt so smooth as it was Favre-to-Rodgers. Pissing off a HOF QB and blowing up the relationship with him is a big deal, I still think if Love doesnt work out that Gutey MUST be fired.

But most fans seem to be willing to give Love a chance to see if Gutey was right. I think public sentiment is largely that Rodgers is being a diva. Green Bay is a blue collar town, the town says "Time to get back to work".
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Herman leaves a few things out, Schefter leaked news that Rodgers was upset the day before the draft, Rodgers response (believe it or don't) was I wish this hadn't leaked out, seems plausable that Rodgers wanted to keep these issues IN HOUSE, the media exploded with Schefters news.

IMHO there is nothing Rodgers could say that would paint him favorably with fans, why dig a deeper hole, we know he has been unhappy with the way the FO has valued his input, basically it sounds like he's been told to mind his business about the way a team would deal with a scrub like Hundley, not a face of the franchise player, as Murphy said, don't rock the boat concerning his questioning of the coaching hire, I would think they would value his opinion since they so poorly handled the release of McCarthy, but NO, they treated Rodgers as though they didn't care whether he would get along with Lafluer or not, do what your your told and shut up, who in there right mind wouldn't expect repurcussions being treated like that.

his other comments concerning treatment of other players also rings true, who the hell lets a vet go with a text to say good bye.

there seems to be a long standing communication break down here, and I think there is plenty of blame on both sides, but we know very little for all the reasons why.

whatever there are a few posters here that mimic the comments made by Burkowski, the polish clown, he knows no more then we do, and Rodgers has said very little for him to express hishate.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Rodgers has said very little yes.

Rodgers has said very much though by not commenting at all and not showing up to anything. His actions are louder than words in this case.

Packers fans will forgive Rodgers immediately if he shows up next week. By-gones would be by-gones at that point. Time to get a ring.

And I would be first in line.
Last edited by go pak go on 23 Jul 2021 08:07, edited 2 times in total.
Yoop wrote:

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

bud fox wrote:
Rodgers is man enough not to get walked over.
Yeah, man enough that this holdout thing he's doing at not point has he ever addressed directly, instead he just sends his minions to talk for him and send tidbits to reporters.

TBH that to me is by far the most pathetic part of this whole thing, Rodgers is raising this big stink basically passive aggressively, showing that in fact he is completely lacking in nuts.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
23 Jul 2021 08:02
there seems to be a long standing communication break down here, and I think there is plenty of blame on both sides, but we know very little for all the reasons why.
132 pages in and I finally agree with every word you just said.

:aok:

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
23 Jul 2021 08:06
Packers fans will forgive Rodgers immediately if he shows up next week. By-gones would be by-gones at that point. Time to get a ring.

And I would be first in line.
I agree, here, too. Absolutely, let's get down to business and go win a title.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Waldo wrote:
bud fox wrote:
Yeah, man enough that this holdout thing he's doing at not point has he ever addressed directly, instead he just sends his minions to talk for him and send tidbits to reporters.

TBH that to me is by far the most pathetic part of this whole thing, Rodgers is raising this big stink basically passive aggressively, showing that in fact he is completely lacking in nuts.
i cant disagree with this. His little tyrade he went on about how the smartest in the room is the quietest, and the loudest usually doesnt possess truth, all while speaking through his minions in the media has been, well, weak sauce to say the least.

Speak up, what happened?

At some point you have to guess hes not saying it because what happened wasnt really that big of a deal. He just has PTSD from another NFCCG loss and hes lashing out as he processes.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Waldo wrote:
bud fox wrote:

seriously Waldo what good comes from airing dirty laundry in public? not a damn thing, and what convinces you that Rodgers is telling players who would naturally support him to do so with the media? when has Rodgers ever given the impression that he has done that stuff in the past?

NO, as Rodgers said on draft day " I wish this had not leaked out" why are you so quick to side with a FO that bungled up the dismissal of a vastly diminished Ted Thompson and a complacent Mike McCarthy for several years to long, and when it came time to hire a new coach told there face of the franchise QB to take a seat in the back of the bus, Rodgers has legitimate complaints, he deserved better treatment then that, and for sure will get it in the future where ever he plays.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
23 Jul 2021 08:12
Waldo wrote:
bud fox wrote:

i cant disagree with this. His little tyrade he went on about how the smartest in the room is the quietest, and the loudest usually doesnt possess truth, all while speaking through his minions in the media has been, well, weak sauce to say the least.

Speak up, what happened?

At some point you have to guess hes not saying it because what happened wasnt really that big of a deal. He just has PTSD from another NFCCG loss and hes lashing out as he processes.
has Rodgers ever seemed compulsive to you? sure he's frustrated with that loss, look at all the big game looses and Rodgers was arguably one of the best players on the field in every game.

and what has been happening would !@#$ anyone off in his shoes, Rodgers has been treated like a non factor concerning almost every decision the FO has made since 2017, when we finally booted McCarthy out the door this FO didn't give a hoot whether Rodgers liked or could work with Lafluer, as Murphy said, don't rock the boat, which translates to we don't care if you get along with him or not, we gave you a boat load of money so shut up, now obviously Matt was a great choice, but it wouldn't have taken much to allow Rodgers to meet and also give his input prior, what acollasol snub.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Yoop wrote:
23 Jul 2021 08:32
seriously Waldo what good comes from airing dirty laundry in public? not a damn thing, and what convinces you that Rodgers is telling players who would naturally support him to do so with the media? when has Rodgers ever given the impression that he has done that stuff in the past?
For that matter, what good comes from airing clean laundry in public?