Adams Contract Talks Halt

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Adams Contract Talks Halt

Post by go pak go »

Gute KNEW this was gonna happen when he used his 3rd round coveted pick on Amari Rodgers.

I mean you are in discussion of a huge extension and then pull that crap? What kind of message you think that sends?

Nothing but disrespect and trying to shoe the old guy out the door.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Have lost track - is this facetious or serious?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Half Empty wrote:
23 Jul 2021 12:06
facetious.

But it does sound like contract talks have halted.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I think I'm gonna :puke:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
23 Jul 2021 12:16
I think I'm gonna :puke:
You started this.
Yoop wrote:

Turk's B.B.C.
Reactions:

Post by Turk's B.B.C. »

I disagree. Gute was smart to draft AR2 in the third. If Adams goes down, what veteran has shown the ability to fill Adams' shoes? None that l have witnessed.
If his butt is hurt over that pick, that's his problem. No different than AR being miffed about the Love pick, except he's bummed about a THIRD-ROUNDER. WAAAH.
If that is actually the reason for the breakdown in talks, he needs to be gone next year, also. He obviously isn't buying into the program, then.
I'm sick of divas.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

GPG, you need to delete this post now... :bkw:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Go Bucks!!

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

when it rains it ,,,, :rotf:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I will repeat what I said with additions...
*I expect this to be the last year with Adams.
*Contract talks halting is no guarantee he won't re-sign (See Aaron Jones, David Bakhtiari, Sam Shields and others).
*This has nothing to do with Rodgers. If it did, Davante would make sure to know what was happening and if he was gone, he wouldn't even talk to the Packers.
*Talks "miraculously" stopped right before the owners meeting and training camp started. Duh, things usually halt right around now. Doesn't mean they don't pick up during the preseason, or during the season. We sign guys all year long.
*Anything can still happen. Good or bad. Nothing that came out today is an indication of any particular ending scenario.
*Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
23 Jul 2021 12:22
GPG, you need to delete this post now... :bkw:
Unfortunately I am unable to.

I did it as a joke as a response to APB in the Packers General News thread.

Probably an error in judgement.

Because I don't think there is any reason to believe the halt of conatract has anything to do with the "drama" surrounding GB. But I should have realized many others do.
Yoop wrote:

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

I love Rodgers (the player) and Adams, but man, if both of them leave and we get to keep Jaire, then I can live with it long term. Not saying it'll be easy to replace them, but I think the team can construct itself differently to allow Love to groom and elite WR's can be had.

Turk's B.B.C.
Reactions:

Post by Turk's B.B.C. »

Whoops, GPG, l'm a little slow sometimes when it comes to facetiousness!
My diva-phobia gets set off so easily these days! :lol:

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Getting a new deal done after the season could work better to help with next season's tough cap situation, since 2022 cap hit could be lower than if you did it now. Gutey has gotten some big deals done before guys have hit UFA.

That said, playing without an extension is risky for Davante. Any big injury would ruin his chances at max money. GB does have the tag as leverage even after the season.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

salmar80 wrote:
23 Jul 2021 14:09
Getting a new deal done after the season could work better to help with next season's tough cap situation, since 2022 cap hit could be lower than if you did it now. Gutey has gotten some big deals done before guys have hit UFA.

That said, playing without an extension is risky for Davante. Any big injury would ruin his chances at max money. GB does have the tag as leverage even after the season.
Any cap savings in 2021 because of a new deal would simply roll into 2022. I don't see any net advantages of the Packers to wait beyond just the whole tag thing.

But because of our cap issue, the Packers really won't be able to use the tag. We wouldn't be able to absorb the cap expense.
Yoop wrote:

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

go pak go wrote:
23 Jul 2021 11:41
Gute KNEW this was gonna happen when he used his 3rd round coveted pick on Amari Rodgers.

I mean you are in discussion of a huge extension and then pull that crap? What kind of message you think that sends?

Nothing but disrespect and trying to shoe the old guy out the door.
Well done. :clap:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

go pak go wrote:
23 Jul 2021 12:10
Half Empty wrote:
23 Jul 2021 12:06
facetious.

But it does sound like contract talks have halted.
Wasted opportunity, shoulda kept the troll-job going. :mrgreen:

“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

GTFO

:lol:

Read More. Post Less.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

We'll be just fine in 2021 as we were in 1977 with Ollie Smith, Steve Odom, Randy Vataha, Aundra Thompson and Ken Payne. This was a Packers team than only a Packers fan could love.

:swear:

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

And some of us did. It was an era where anything positive was a big deal. Lovable losers instead of whatever it is we have today.