General Packer News 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Its as I expected. Neither Rodgers or Adams will be a Packer after the 2021 season. I fully expect Adams to play this year.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Honestly if I were Adams, I wouldn't sign with GB on a 3rd contract either if Rodgers is going to be out.

And if I am GB, I can see reasons why it would be smart to not offer a giant a$$ extension either that would likely still be worth it in 2022 and 2024 but then start to not be worth it in 2024 and beyond.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

paco wrote:
23 Jul 2021 10:36
Its as I expected. Neither Rodgers or Adams will be a Packer after the 2021 season. I fully expect Adams to play this year.
I guess we could always tag him, but ya i dont expect us to make him the highest paid WR in the league...which he deserves to be paid as. So unless he wants to take a discount, it will be time for him to hit the road and go get his bag. Which i can not blame him for at all...and wish him great success. Love the guy, great Packer, dont blame him at all.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

End of a era

doom and gloom to follow

Iam not going to deal with this well at all, this should have never happened, shoot Rodgers, shoot Guty, shoot somebody, :lol: thats how the US of A deals with unpleasentness now days :rotf:

just wait, the Gumbaya party is coming. :banana:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
23 Jul 2021 11:03
End of a era

doom and gloom to follow

Iam not going to deal with this well at all, this should have never happened, shoot Rodgers, shoot Guty, shoot somebody, :lol: thats how the US of A deals with unpleasentness now days :rotf:

Honestly it's really hard to have a window last longer than 3 years.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Also remember. We cut off negotiations with Aaron Jones too. And just about every other big name guy we ended up re-signing. Nothing to worry about yet. While I do think its his last year with us, this by no means, is a guarantee he's gone.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
23 Jul 2021 11:09
Yoop wrote:
23 Jul 2021 11:03
End of a era

doom and gloom to follow

Honestly it's really hard to have a window last longer than 3 years.
imo when you have a Aaron Rodger there really is no window, how many teams have we seen win a SB with less then a great roster, more then just a few, and look how close we've gotten, as I said (and you disagreed, but I'am right) 2011 was as close to a one dimensional team as ya get, and we could have went undefeated and won it all had McCarthy adjusted his passing schemes so Rodgers could get rid of the ball quicker, all our looses in the playoffs had as much to do poor coaching as it did with lack of talent.

where up against cap issues, however I think we can keep most of the stars.

It's possible Rodgers accepts the extension, unless thats off the table now, and plays out his career right here, again the media has blown this up to feed there ego's while we've hardly heard anything from either party, unless theres more to Murphy's comment that Rodgers is a complicated fellow, or Rodgers, they treat personal like unwanted step children, remarks, this still seems fixable.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I just see little reason to sign a long term right now if I am Adams.

Career ending injury is really his only real threat at this point. Let time do its thing so he can a more informed decision in spring 2022.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
23 Jul 2021 11:32
as I said (and you disagreed, but I'am right) 2011 was as close to a one dimensional team as ya get,
Language is so important. The words people use are so important.

This statement you made here I can agree with.

This statement you made here is nothing close to what you have ever uttered prior to this.
Yoop wrote:

This depends on how you define as "most"

Preston and Lowry are gone for sure. But we still need to clear a LOT of cap. So either you cut 2 stars currently on the team or Rodgers/Adams don't come back in 2022.

We have a lot of roster vacancies and are $32 Million over cap (at the least) for 2022. That means we have to cut a lot of fat. And that number already excludes Davante Adams's cap hit (because he isn't under contract in 22)

I don't think people appreciate just how much "all in" the Packers are right now. Originally they would have probably been fine but the huge contracts came at a really bad time for the Packers. The Packers have never deferred money like they have on this 2020 and 2021 roster to keep the band together as long as possible.
Last edited by go pak go on 23 Jul 2021 11:44, edited 2 times in total.
Yoop wrote:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

So who is gonna start the "Adams want out" thread...?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:

Career ending injury is really his only real threat at this point. Let time do its thing so he can a more informed decision in spring 2022.
only reason to really insist to get it done now is if his numbers, thus his value, would dramatically drop with Love under center. I doubt he has those fears though.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
23 Jul 2021 11:58
go pak go wrote:

only reason to really insist to get it done now is if his numbers, thus his value, would dramatically drop with Love under center. I doubt he has those fears though.
I don't think that would happen either. 1) - he has a valid excuse. 2) - if he elevates Love like he excelled with Hundley, his value would go even higher.

I think the league knows who Adams is at this point.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
23 Jul 2021 11:34
Yoop wrote:
as I said (and you disagreed, but I'am right) 2011 was as close to a one dimensional team as ya get,
Language is so important. The words people use are so important.

This statement you made here I can agree with.

This statement you made here is nothing close to what you have ever uttered prior to this.
Yoop wrote:

This depends on how you define as "most"

Preston and Lowry are gone for sure. But we still need to clear a LOT of cap. So either you cut 2 stars currently on the team or Rodgers/Adams don't come back in 2022.

We have a lot of roster vacancies and are $32 Million over cap (at the least) for 2022. That means we have to cut a lot of fat. And that number already excludes Davante Adams's cap hit (because he isn't under contract in 22)

I don't think people appreciate just how much "all in" the Packers are right now. Originally they would have probably been fine but the huge contracts came at a really bad time for the Packers. The Packers have never deferred money like they have on this 2020 and 2021 roster to keep the band together as long as possible.

why would I have to say this for you to know that I think it, yes words matter, but you need to give people credit for knowing stuff without saying it, your problem is everything has to be spelled out perfectly ( no pun) for you to read between the lines, anyone here knows our cap issues, you and others made sure of that.

sure we'll lose some high priced players but no way is P. smith or Lowery considered stars, we'll lose King to, again a replacable player.

as I said, it's very possible Rodgers inks the extension, and Adams might take a fair deal simply to stay and retire with Rodgers in about 4 years, your jumping off the sears tower and havn't even gotten on the elevator yet :rotf:

did we go in a little bigger the last couple years, sure, but it stands out more because Ted refused to, I'am a glass half full guy, I'am still optimistic that we can keep most of the nucleus of this team intake.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
23 Jul 2021 12:23

why would I have to say this for you to know that I think it, yes words matter, but you need to give people credit for knowing stuff without saying it, your problem is everything has to be spelled out perfectly ( no pun) for you to read between the lines, anyone here knows our cap issues, you and others made sure of that.
You said Rodgers carried the 2011 team. That's pretty intense language. I would agree that the 2016 required carrying. But the 2011 team was a team fully designed to destroy enemies through the air. I wouldn't classify the 2011 team as being carried. They were just freaking good.

Just as I don't call Kurt Warner carrying the 1999 - 2001 Rams. They were just freaking good on offense.
Yoop wrote:
sure we'll lose some high priced players but no way is P. smith or Lowery considered stars, we'll lose King to, again a replacable player.

as I said, it's very possible Rodgers inks the extension, and Adams might take a fair deal simply to stay and retire with Rodgers in about 4 years, your jumping off the sears tower and havn't even gotten on the elevator yet :rotf:
The problem is even with cutting Preston and Lowry, we still have over 15 roster spots to fill and need to cut $19 million. If you average even $1 million per player (like super cheap players), you are back to $34 million over the cap. The Packers have a lot to do for 2022. A lot.
Yoop wrote:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
23 Jul 2021 12:45
Yoop wrote:

You said Rodgers carried the 2011 team. That's pretty intense language. I would agree that the 2016 required carrying. But the 2011 team was a team fully designed to destroy enemies through the air. I wouldn't classify the 2011 team as being carried. They were just freaking good.

Just as I don't call Kurt Warner carrying the 1999 - 2001 Rams. They were just freaking good on offense.
Yoop wrote:

The problem is even with cutting Preston and Lowry, we still have over 15 roster spots to fill and need to cut $19 million. If you average even $1 million per player (like super cheap players), you are back to $34 million over the cap. The Packers have a lot to do for 2022. A lot.
come on now, If I say Rodgers carried the team, it's hardly a stretch to realize his receivers are part of the equation, why would you nit pick me on that.

and NO the entire team was not good, in fact far from it, they where rated mid 20's running the ball and had the worst rated defense in the league, I didn't check to see where the ST where rated, I figured you'd agree after I showed that only the air game excelled, and the thrower (QB) is the most important aspect of the passing game, so in essense Rodgers carried that team.

in about 3 years the cap will rebound we can keep kicking the dead money till then, sure we'll lose players, but that doesn't mean we'll have no chance to win, specially if we can keep Rodgers.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

No deadline. No action. This means nothing.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
23 Jul 2021 13:33
I figured you'd agree after I showed that only the air game excelled, and the thrower (QB) is the most important aspect of the passing game, so in essense Rodgers carried that team.
It's the double standard and convenience of "Rodgers is to credit when the passing game excels" and "the WR's are to blame when the passing game doesn't excel" that I think is most bothersome.

And it's a narrative that is pushed hard.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
23 Jul 2021 14:12
Yoop wrote:
I figured you'd agree after I showed that only the air game excelled, and the thrower (QB) is the most important aspect of the passing game, so in essense Rodgers carried that team.
It's the double standard and convenience of "Rodgers is to credit when the passing game excels" and "the WR's are to blame when the passing game doesn't excel" that I think is most bothersome.

OK, but it's mostly true, Rodgers makes these receivers, they don't make him, none of the receivers we've had would be better with any other QB, these are reality's that you don't seem to want to accept. :idn:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
23 Jul 2021 14:12
Yoop wrote:

:clap: :clap: One of the greatest hypocrisies on this board.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."