Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Ah.

I see others have beat me to the bonus money discussion.

Again, there is speculation if the Packers would even force Rodgers to pay back his bonuses. I for one would.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

bud fox wrote:
23 Jul 2021 22:42
People thinking his teammates don't support him is so silly. Players would love the fact he is standing up to management - they are players he is a player.

The oline will welcome him back with open arms
They'll support him until the team drops a game or two. Then I think the tone would change pretty quick.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
24 Jul 2021 09:27
Isn't this from a long time ago?

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

bud fox wrote:
23 Jul 2021 22:42
People thinking his teammates don't support him is so silly. Players would love the fact he is standing up to management - they are players he is a player.

The oline will welcome him back with open arms
I really doubt this. I think guys like David B., Z and Davante will be like, "he gotta do what he gotta do"

But put yourself in the shoes of everyone else who isn't making top 8 money on the team. Here is this guy in his ivory tower completely manipulating and controlling the fate of your season and potentially your own stats to set yourself up for future contracts. Heck. Put yourself in Adams and Bak's shoes. You want to win a ring in 2021 - you already have the money so you want a ring. Like at this point Rodgers is either in or he's not and he's doing this stuff at the eve of TC?

No. I would be quite upset if my teammate was pulling this crap. I honestly think it is really weird you think teammates would think he's a white knight.

Teammates will understand any decision he makes is within his right and he has earned that right. So they will accept it. But that completely different than them loving, revering or respecting the guy because of the "principal" he is standing up for because supposedly he didn't get a say on who the coach was in 2019 or because the Packers drafted Jordan Love (while every other player on the team has to see the Packers/NFL teams draft players at their position every year)
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
24 Jul 2021 09:31

I mean Rodgers has his disgusting man bun so it can't be that old. But I can't confirm when the photo was taken.

I think he is coming back. I can't see him skip out on his friends and teammates. I think this is going to have that "last dance" type season.
Yoop wrote:

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

If you'd think about it...Rodgers and Adams sharing the Last Dance together...I mean, he's coming back.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

*their

The left needs to be exterminated

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Trudge wrote:
24 Jul 2021 09:51
If you'd think about it...Rodgers and Adams sharing the Last Dance together...I mean, he's coming back.
Oh yeah. His teammates have known for weeks what is likely happening. And his teammates also know this is likely the final year Rodgers is a Packer.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

23 mil. is nothing compared to Rodgers playing his last season here and getting a career ending injury, and he will make twice that a year for a different team next year, his friends on the team know this, and wish they had the ability to do the same if they so chose, there isn't a pro athlete that would blame Rodgers, or another team member that doesn't want the FO to be more transparent concerning there future, sure they want Rodgers back, but they will understand if he retires.

fans become more emotional about this then the players do

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

go pak go wrote:
24 Jul 2021 10:06
Trudge wrote:
Oh yeah. His teammates have known for weeks what is likely happening. And his teammates also know this is likely the final year Rodgers is a Packer.
Likely but not certain. I agree that it is his last year as a Packer and I hope he does well so that they get something from a trade next spring. It is a crying shame that the Packers won't likely get Denver's 1st round pick, Love won't get a year of experience and the Packers will get bounced in the playoffs again this season when AR plays like crap and all the Packers get for him is a 2nd round draft pick.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

TheSkeptic wrote:
24 Jul 2021 10:28
go pak go wrote:
Trudge wrote:
Likely but not certain. I agree that it is his last year as a Packer and I hope he does well so that they get something from a trade next spring. It is a crying shame that the Packers won't likely get Denver's 1st round pick, Love won't get a year of experience and the Packers will get bounced in the playoffs again this season when AR plays like crap and all the Packers get for him is a 2nd round draft pick.
Oh I believe we will be netting multiple first round picks next spring. I don't see why the price would reduce as long as Rodgers stays healthy. If he puts on a comparable 2020 performance...we will do just fine.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yeah it’s super obvious with him working out with bahk and posting the last dance pic with Adams that he’s coming back and then thatl be it for both he and Adams.

Kind of blasphemous for him to compare himself to 6 ring Jordan tho.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

go pak go wrote:
24 Jul 2021 10:37
TheSkeptic wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Oh I believe we will be netting multiple first round picks next spring. I don't see why the price would reduce as long as Rodgers stays healthy. If he puts on a comparable 2020 performance...we will do just fine.
If they both really wanna commit to leaving, make cap room to franchise tag Adams, and hold the greatest player auction of all time.... "First item, the MVP QB! Next up, an All-Pro WR. Gentlemen, have your 1st round picks ready. Bidding starts now!"

Could set us up with a helluva foundation for Love to step into...

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

salmar80 wrote:
24 Jul 2021 11:38
go pak go wrote:
TheSkeptic wrote:

If they both really wanna commit to leaving, make cap room to franchise tag Adams, and hold the greatest player auction of all time.... "First item, the MVP QB! Next up, an All-Pro WR. Gentlemen, have your 1st round picks ready. Bidding starts now!"

can we do that? didn't know you could tag and then trade the player.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
24 Jul 2021 09:41
NCF wrote:
24 Jul 2021 09:31

I mean Rodgers has his disgusting man bun so it can't be that old. But I can't confirm when the photo was taken.

I think he is coming back. I can't see him skip out on his friends and teammates. I think this is going to have that "last dance" type season.
Like a week before The Draft.

https://wtmj.com/green-bay-packers/2021 ... ded-video/

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
24 Jul 2021 11:45
Absolutely. We have done it before. Remember Corey Williams?

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
24 Jul 2021 11:52
Yoop wrote:
no, but I'll take your word for it, can you imagine the stink that would cause though, first the perception is we pull the carpet out from Rodgers, then tag a great team player like Adams only to trade him, can't imagine how a team of older vets would feel about that, I'd think a lot of players would hate the FO, how would Lafluer keep a positive locker room.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
salmar80 wrote:
24 Jul 2021 11:38
go pak go wrote:

It's REALLY frowned upon by the league but it can be done.

There is a rule where basically you can't have intent to tag and trade but how can you enforce that? My guess is if you do it a lot, the league will come down on you.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
24 Jul 2021 12:07
NCF wrote:
24 Jul 2021 11:52
Yoop wrote:
no, but I'll take your word for it, can you imagine the stink that would cause though, first the perception is we pull the carpet out from Rodgers, then tag a great team player like Adams only to trade him, can't imagine how a team of older vets would feel about that, I'd think a lot of players would hate the FO, how would Lafluer keep a positive locker room.
Good thing all our older vets would be gone huh? ;)
Yoop wrote: