Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
26 Jul 2021 11:05
paco wrote:
26 Jul 2021 10:10
Is PFT the only one who said that about the money? I don't recall anyone else reporting it. I call bull if this is all about getting $45M/year.

Can we even fit Carr's contract this year if we trade for him?
Who said anything about the Packers getting Derrick Carr? And who especially said anything about trading Rodgers this year?

A Raiders trade makes sense after this season (and not including Carr). My scenario with LV is for after the 2021 season.
IMO if the Packers brass wanted to trade AR they would have done so long before now. If Rodgers doesn't show so be it. He can stay in CA and work on his golf game while paying the fines for holding out. No player is more important than the team.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Kind of funny that Schefty's biggest competitor in the media world breaks news that Rodgers is going to play for the Packers.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Acrobat wrote:
26 Jul 2021 12:01
Kind of funny that Schefty's biggest competitor in the media world breaks news that Rodgers is going to play for the Packers.
What media outlet reported this?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
I gotta admit, as much as I think the FO has “messed around” and Rodgers is giving them a “mess around and find out” moment, I’m getting tired of the charade myself. We all know he’s wearing shirts about being offended, posting insta stories like a high schooler, speaking in platitudes...without actually saying what he wants publically. But that stuff is all just kind of how the guy is. Show up to camp, and I forgive. Show up after camp, and I still most likely forgive.
who cares what he wears or even says, nothing I've heard from him should stir up the angst I hear from people here, the guy wants the respect the team owes him, and thats to be the starter here till he either gets hurt or his play declines to the point Love is actually the better QB.

to me the only reason he wants more money is so the team is committed to keeping him, and they can do it with a no trade clause, almost seems like the FO, manly Murphy wants him to sit out, recoup his contract and trade him next off season, winning now seems secondary to that, heck they could do so even if he does come back, and simply feed a story to the media that he is no longer commited to the team and winning, so many rumors who knows what to believe.

VikingsSuckDotCom
Reactions:

Post by VikingsSuckDotCom »

Maybe Rodgers was waiting to see if he was selected as the next Jeopardy host. :lol: :munch: After reading all the speculation, thought I'd add my own. :munch: :lol:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
26 Jul 2021 12:32
Drj820 wrote:
I gotta admit, as much as I think the FO has “messed around” and Rodgers is giving them a “mess around and find out” moment, I’m getting tired of the charade myself. We all know he’s wearing shirts about being offended, posting insta stories like a high schooler, speaking in platitudes...without actually saying what he wants publically. But that stuff is all just kind of how the guy is. Show up to camp, and I forgive. Show up after camp, and I still most likely forgive.
who cares what he wears or even says, nothing I've heard from him should stir up the angst I hear from people here, the guy wants the respect the team owes him, and thats to be the starter here till he either gets hurt or his play declines to the point Love is actually the better QB.

to me the only reason he wants more money is so the team is committed to keeping him, and they can do it with a no trade clause, almost seems like the FO, manly Murphy wants him to sit out, recoup his contract and trade him next off season, winning now seems secondary to that, heck they could do so even if he does come back, and simply feed a story to the media that he is no longer commited to the team and winning, so many rumors who knows what to believe.
Are there that many rumors though?

All we know is Rodgers said after the Bucs game of "who knows about my future"

Then we heard Muprhy say, "We aren't stupid. Aaron Rodgers is the starting QB of the Green Bay Packers. We aren't trading him"

Then we know the Packers tried to restructure Rodgers contract to which he said, "no"

Then we heard that Rodgers said he doesn't want to play for the Packers anymore.

Then we know the Packers tried to extend Rodgers contract by 2 years and making him the highest paid QB in the league to which he said, "no"

Then we heard Murphy say, "Rodgers is a complicated fella" and MLF and Gute say that he is our starting QB and are hopeful something will get worked out.

That's about all I have heard.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Are these guys just dicking with us at this point?

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

He's probably returning as equipment manager.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
25 Jul 2021 12:48
You like to argue a lot by saying the same thing (and actually agreeing with) the person you're arguing with don't you.
oh ya, the brightest moment of my day is arguing with you about stuff we both agree on :rotf:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
26 Jul 2021 12:51

The answer has to be yes.

Especially the more Rodgers's friends tweet this stuff, the easier it will be for Rodgers to say tomorrow (or whenever first media availability is) that the media is overblown, didn't have it right, there were internal discussions but that is behind closed doors, etc.

I mean there needs to be some PR on the Rodgers camp too. There are lot of a fans who have been turned off by Rodgers. To go "all in" this season, we need to feel that Rodgers loves being a Packer and wants to be a Packer in 2021.

And it's easier to do that if Rodgers's friends and Rodgers can discredit the media.

That's part of my take on it. We know there is definitely smoke. Just how much on fire was the building leading to Rodgers not actually playing for us this year is always going to be unanswered question.
Yoop wrote:

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Trudge wrote:
28 Jun 2021 00:30
You know we've spent 93 pages so for on what might happen.
...huh
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

paco wrote:
26 Jul 2021 12:55
I like your avatar! :)

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
26 Jul 2021 12:58

Especially the more Rodgers's friends tweet this stuff, the easier it will be for Rodgers to say tomorrow (or whenever first media availability is) that the media is overblown, didn't have it right, there were internal discussions but that is behind closed doors, etc.

I mean there needs to be some PR on the Rodgers camp too. There are lot of a fans who have been turned off by Rodgers. To go "all in" this season, we need to feel that Rodgers loves being a Packer and wants to be a Packer in 2021.

And it's easier to do that if Rodgers's friends and Rodgers can discredit the media.

That's part of my take on it. We know there is definitely smoke. Just how much on fire was the building leading to Rodgers not actually playing for us this year is always going to be unanswered question.
I have no doubt that Rodgers is upset, and about everything we know he's hinted upset him, the treatment of players, not drafting a WR instead of Love, and his feeling that the team is using him till Love is ready and then finally trading him when his age is against his value, he expected long term commitment when he signed that extension, and then felt the team wasn't after drafting Love, these are real issues, it's easy for the team to offer another extension, and even more money, but until there willing to guarantee that stuff then why would Rodgers agree to it.

I hope he comes back for what seems obvious will be just one year, it give us one more bite at the apple so to speak, even when he goes we'll have to jettison a few more expensive players, lis, this year will be the end of our run for awhile imho.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pugger wrote:
26 Jul 2021 13:06
paco wrote:
26 Jul 2021 12:55
I like your avatar! :)
Thank you!
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
26 Jul 2021 12:58
NCF wrote:
26 Jul 2021 12:51

They’ve known he’s coming back the whole time and they are just having some fun. It wasn’t a drama filled summer for Bahk.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Honestly guys,

the best outcome for the Packers at this point is a "Last Dance"

A Last Dance is a win-win-win for all involved. Especially if it is results in a :lombardi:

Everyone gets what they want.

The fans enjoy one last season.
The players get paid mucho bucks next year.
The Packers get an "all in" from the players.
The Packers get another year of Love training in the background
The Packers get to nicely unload cap space in 2022.
The Packers get trade compensation for Rodgers after this season and a guaranteed 3rd round Comp pick for Adams in 2023.

2022 is a perfect time for the Packers to start its rebuild process. I mean we could be looking at premium picks in 2022, a 3rd/4th comp pick for Linsley, money coming off the books and ready to be spent in 2023.

Go win that flipping trophy and let's roll out the barrel and have a good time.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I really find it ironic since the supposed reasoning around all this was for Rodgers to not be forced out after 2021, but he is now essentially guaranteeing he will be forced out after 2021.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
26 Jul 2021 13:53
I really find it ironic since the supposed reasoning around all this was for Rodgers to not be forced out after 2021, but he is now essentially guaranteeing he will be forced out after 2021.
The only thing I can see why Aaron is doing what he is doing is because he saw the writing on the wall that he would be forced out in 2023 and he wanted to move up the clock on that. Meaning he wanted to force the issue faster.

There are advantages of doing that from Rodgers's perspective.

1. He gets another year with his new team to rebuild in time while he is still below 40 years old.
2. Davante Adams is a free agent after this season and a trade in the offseason means Adams can simply follow Rodgers.

Honestly this may end up being a great situation for Rodgers. And it may end up being a great situation for the Packers. It could also be disastrous. I'm clinging to hope that this will be awesome.

This is one of those crucial moments where it could propel us or blow us up.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

They are all just trying to get their hot takes in before he shows up to camp and acts like he doesn’t get what the fuss is about. Wingo is full of “it” haha
Attachments
781B927B-F0C9-417D-A0E3-4FC807BEF556.jpeg
781B927B-F0C9-417D-A0E3-4FC807BEF556.jpeg (215.28 KiB) Viewed 324 times
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23