Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Lol, maybe if Rodgers takes an $8.5 million pay reduction so we can fit in Cobb's salary.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
26 Jul 2021 14:43
Lol, maybe if Rodgers takes an $8.5 million pay reduction so we can fit in Cobb's salary.
Hmmm... AJ not exactly poo-pooing this.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Rodgers would certainly gain a lot of love if he took a paycut to bring back Cobb.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I mean I’m sure he would like to play with Cobb, I just still doubt it is some deciding factor
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Cobb is owed $8.5 Million and we would have to give up draft picks for a player who has more than 700 yards receiving once since 2015.

I would be for it. But a LOT of compromise would need to happen here.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

So there is talk that Rodgers wants the Packers to essentially void the contract and allow Rodgers to be a free agent after this season in order for Rodgers to come play this year.

I really, really don't want to do that. I would honestly rather have Rodgers retire.

IMO, the worst scenario for the Packers is if Rodgers gets to leave without any compensation in return. We would get a 5th round comp pick because he's old.
Last edited by go pak go on 26 Jul 2021 15:41, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Willink
Reactions:

Post by Willink »

Not only Cobb but Tom Crabtree as well according to my unnamed source

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Never would have guessed that Tom Crabtree was still in the league.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

go pak go wrote:
26 Jul 2021 15:38
So there is talk that Rodgers wants the Packers to essentially void the contract and allow Rodgers to be a free agent after this season in order for Rodgers to come play this year.

I really, really don't want to do that. I would honestly rather have Rodgers retire.

IMO, the worst scenario for the Packers is if Rodgers gets to leave without any compensation in return. We would get a 5th round comp pick because he's old.
Yeah I will be absolutely furious if this happens. Then I would have preferred we just traded him to the Broncos before the draft.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Acrobat wrote:
26 Jul 2021 15:55
go pak go wrote:
26 Jul 2021 15:38

Yeah I will be absolutely furious if this happens. Then I would have preferred we just traded him to the Broncos before the draft.
I would then be on board to firing some FO people if it happened and we don't win a SB. Even if we would win a SB....
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Nagler said there was hardly any boo's by shareholders today when Murphy and Gute were introduced.
Yoop wrote:

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Adam Schefter wrote:Packers are offering concessions and are close to an agreement that would bring Aaron Rodgers back to Green Bay for at least this season, sources tell ESPN. Deal is not done but it is close.

Over the past weekend, the two sides were able to reach mutually-agreed upon terms that are close to convincing Aaron Rodgers to abandon plans he had to skip training camp and instead return for it. Concessions do not include more money, per sources.

The new agreement, once finalized, would help set up Aaron Rodgers’ departure from Green Bay after this season, per sources.

*The 2023 year in Aaron Rodgers’ contract – the last one in his current deal -- would be voided, with no tags allowed in the future, per sources.

*The Packers would agree to review Aaron Rodgers' situation at the end of this season, per sources.

*Aaron Rodgers’ contract would be adjusted with no loss of income this year to give the Packers more cap room now.

•Mechanisms will be put in place to address Rodgers’ issues with the team.

With Aaron Rodgers expected to return to Green Bay while giving the Packers more cap room, Davante Adams now is willing to listen to any contract discussions the team would like to have, per sources. Adams open to a deal.
Apparently Aaron is on his way to Green Bay

Allrighty then

Championship :lombardi: :lombardi:
Last edited by Waldo on 26 Jul 2021 16:05, edited 1 time in total.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

What if the contract voided on the condition that the team wins the Super Bowl, but he's tradable if not?

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Waldo wrote:
26 Jul 2021 16:04
Adam Schefter wrote:Packers are offering concessions and are close to an agreement that would bring Aaron Rodgers back to Green Bay for at least this season, sources tell ESPN. Deal is not done but it is close.

Over the past weekend, the two sides were able to reach mutually-agreed upon terms that are close to convincing Aaron Rodgers to abandon plans he had to skip training camp and instead return for it. Concessions do not include more money, per sources.

The new agreement, once finalized, would help set up Aaron Rodgers’ departure from Green Bay after this season, per sources.

*The 2023 year in Aaron Rodgers’ contract – the last one in his current deal -- would be voided, with no tags allowed in the future, per sources.

*The Packers would agree to review Aaron Rodgers' situation at the end of this season, per sources.

*Aaron Rodgers’ contract would be adjusted with no loss of income this year to give the Packers more cap room now.

•Mechanisms will be put in place to address Rodgers’ issues with the team.

With Aaron Rodgers expected to return to Green Bay while giving the Packers more cap room, Davante Adams now is willing to listen to any contract discussions the team would like to have, per sources. Adams open to a deal.
Apparently Aaron is on his way to Green Bay

Allrighty then

Championship :lombardi: :lombardi:
Good grief, this would be perfect

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Waldo wrote:
26 Jul 2021 16:04
:dude: :clap: :clap:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
26 Jul 2021 16:05
What if the contract voided on the condition that the team wins the Super Bowl, but he's tradable if not?
This is what I want.

I'm going to be really mad at management if they screw this up where Rodgers gets to leave GB under his own power and we get nothing for it.

A SB would forgive pretty much everything.

I'm pleased it at least appears we can still do something in the offseason of 2022.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

We are in the stage where Rodgers can save face. It’s not gonna be that bad on the org, imo. We kind of all said this was going to happen.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Also.

Bravo to Aaron Rodgers. His stink is going to get him exactly what he wants. Well played Rodgers.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
26 Jul 2021 16:21
YoHoChecko wrote:
26 Jul 2021 16:05
This is what I want.

I'm going to be really mad at management if they screw this up where Rodgers gets to leave GB under his own power and we get nothing for it.

A SB would forgive pretty much everything.

I'm pleased it at least appears we can still do something in the offseason of 2022.
seriously why would you just jump to a conclusion like that, has anything been said that we'd let Rodgers walk after this season, sometimes I think that you run this stuff through your mind and forget to put your fingers on hold, lol

sounds like a one year deal for Rodgers, and he'll get a say with where the team trades him, Adams now saying he's open to extension seems like his threats where to help negociations with Rodgers

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I’m Surprised how much some are believing “reports” like the contract is voidable after this season, without seeing it for themselves or from a release from the team...considering all the baloney we’ve heard all along this summer.