Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I'm so tired of all the "reporters" still insisting that it's all about Love getting picked. It is so not about that. (Even 12 said so.)

Maybe it is about 12's exit strategy, about having some leverage about where he'll go. But I really doubt it's about this ambiguous idea of the Packers not making the right culture. 12 probably couldn't care less about culture. He certainly doesn't speak out directly about it. When he does "speak" it's through sources. And that is no way to make a positive culture.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Apr 2021 14:44
Honestly, like... I'll care about this story when training camp time comes due.... unless an extension deal is reached before then.

I just don't want to deal with the stories right now. The offseason is for hope not bs!
Good grief, I wish I had stuck to this (from page 2, still during the draft) :) :thwap:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Front page of ESPN dot com “packers concessions set to reel Rodgers back into training camp”

Operation save face is fully under way.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Also like this take, from page 4
YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Apr 2021 15:32
Yeah, I gotta say, I love Aaron Rodgers. I love listening to him talk about things. I see what Texas means that his intellectual analysis is often a little more shallow than deep, and that's fine. But I love that he loves Game of Thrones. I appreciate most of his non-football takes. I understand why he was upset about the CBA stuff even though I'm glad that it passed. He has some great hobbies and some cool girlfriends and I like Shailene Woodley.

I like rooting for Rodgers. He deserves his clout and to have an ego.

But when he gets smarmy, he's best ignored. Make all the noise you want. Be a distraction. Green Bay made his career as much as he made them a good team. The patience they had to develop him; the years he was surrounded by pro bowl WRs. This has been symbiotic.

But it's a game and it's one of replacement and moving forward. He's not going anywhere this year. It's not financially feasible. It doesn't make sense. So he can sit out and get fined and laugh while Love goes through growing pains, or he can suit up and try to win a Super Bowl with one of the top 5 rosters in the league. Period, that's it. Anything else is just talk.

And then, if he's going to act this way, then this is his last year. Didn't have to be. But once you start making demands every offseason, your days are numbered. Ship him to some AFC team without an innovative OC and let him ride out his married life mad about it. I have no patience for useless bunk like this. Public posturing. Negotiating through the media. Trying to exert pressure on the front office to ignore their process and listen to a guy who doesn't do player evaluation.

Love the guy, not going to turn on him as a person or as a Packers fan. But if he wants to pull this, as the others have said, actions have consequences. Next year? Bye, good luck trying to Tom Brady it.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

texas wrote:
26 Jul 2021 17:24
Pckfn23 wrote:
26 Jul 2021 17:15
texas wrote:
26 Jul 2021 17:11
As has been known for a while, Rodgers in the playoffs frequently goes into a shell
https://stathead.com/tiny/RoyVX - Playoffs the last 10 years, minimum 100 attempts

https://stathead.com/tiny/FE0hE - Regular season the last 10 years, minimum 1000 attempts

Mahomes' rating falls 8.3 points
Rodgers' rating falls 9 points
Brees' rating falls 9.5 points
Brady's rating falls 5.2 points
E. Manning's rating RISES 9.8 points
Wilson's rating falls 6.4 points
Flacco's rating RISES 24.6 points
Foles' rating RISES 11.7 points
Watson's rating falls 13.5 points
P. Manning's rating falls 16.7 points
Cousins' rating falls 11.3 points
Prescott's rating falls 1.6 points
Ryan's rating RISES 11.7 points
Roethlisberger's rating falls 6.6 points
Rivers' rating falls 1 point
Smith's rating RISES 4.5 points
Stafford's rating falls 4 points
Can you get me stats on how much longer the QBs hold the ball or take sacks? QB rating is nice but as we've discussed before, Rodgers' playoff play tends to drop in a very specific way (that I doubt happens to other QBs). The stats on those other guys don't surprise me. I would assume all QB ratings decline.
Now, back to your original questions, I can not acquire anything about holding the ball. As for sacks:

https://stathead.com/tiny/2o5Bv - Regular Season
https://stathead.com/tiny/XF8BN - Playoffs

Sacks per game Post Season compared to Regular Season:
Rodgers - 2.4 to 2.41
Smith - 2.57 to 2.53
Roethlisberger - 2.22 to 1.81
Brees - 1.63 to 1.58
E. Manning - 2.6 to 1.87
Cousins - 3.5 to 1.95
Brady - 1.38 to 1.77
P. Manning - 1.88 to 1.24
Rivers - 1.6 to 2.03
Stafford - 2 to 2.35
Flacco - 1.88 to 2.02
Pracott - 1.3 to 2.12
Ryan - 2.13 to 2.21
Wilson - 3.06 to 2.74
Watson - 4.67 to 3.22
Mahomes - 2.25 to 1.46

Sacks per game would show us Rodgers doesn't take any more or less sacks in the playoffs.

Just throwing numbers out there as I was curious what they would show.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

It would make a lot of sense his numbers were down considering the temperature of most January games and the defenses that teams that last until deep in the playoffs usually possess.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

YoHoChecko wrote:
26 Jul 2021 17:33
YoHoChecko wrote:
Honestly, like... I'll care about this story when training camp time comes due.... unless an extension deal is reached before then.

I just don't want to deal with the stories right now. The offseason is for hope not bs!
Good grief, I wish I had stuck to this (from page 2, still during the draft) :) :thwap:
Ha very true

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

This is perfect. Aaron comes back leads them to NFC Championship then they put in Love to win that game and the Super Bowl!! :lol:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

We should try to make nice with Aaron by telling him we will bring back his buddy Greg Jennings.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
26 Jul 2021 17:33
YoHoChecko wrote:

Yeah, proud of myself for not wasting a lot of time in here. I was adamant very early on that there was like a 95%-98% chance he'd be playing for the Packers this year, at least after a bit of dust settled and the first day of the draft was in the books.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Scott4Pack wrote:
26 Jul 2021 17:22
Yoop wrote:
26 Jul 2021 17:02
Drj820 wrote:
26 Jul 2021 16:55

Please what a joke. Amari needs no mentor. He needs snaps. Coaches are paid to get Amari ready.
someone said Cobb had 750 yrds last year, if thats right and he was a Packer he'd have been our #2 receiver last year, Cobb is no joke, and young players learn from old vets all the time, also if Rodgers wants us to sign Cobb as a concession for him coming back the FO would be fools not to listen.
Pulling in Cobb wouldn't be so much of a joke because of his talent (or lack thereof at this point in his career). It'd be a bad trade because this tells the team that 12 gets to make the personnel calls. That's a bad idea any way that you slice it.
Tampa did it for Brady

and this is a one year last ditch effort to win, and then it's gone, people can dream all they want to about Love, I'll believe he's good when I see it.

but as I said I had heard Cobb did better last year and didn't realize his contract was so big.

but If I'am the FO I would not skimp on this coming season.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Wait, are we under the impression that the Packers are "skimping" this season?

Tom Brady had a cap hit of $10,545,588 in 2020. Aaron Rodgers, currently has a cap hit of $37,202,000 in 2021...

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
26 Jul 2021 17:47
Also like this take, from page 4
YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Apr 2021 15:32
Yeah, I gotta say, I love Aaron Rodgers. I love listening to him talk about things. I see what Texas means that his intellectual analysis is often a little more shallow than deep, and that's fine. But I love that he loves Game of Thrones. I appreciate most of his non-football takes. I understand why he was upset about the CBA stuff even though I'm glad that it passed. He has some great hobbies and some cool girlfriends and I like Shailene Woodley.

I like rooting for Rodgers. He deserves his clout and to have an ego.

But when he gets smarmy, he's best ignored. Make all the noise you want. Be a distraction. Green Bay made his career as much as he made them a good team. The patience they had to develop him; the years he was surrounded by pro bowl WRs. This has been symbiotic.

But it's a game and it's one of replacement and moving forward. He's not going anywhere this year. It's not financially feasible. It doesn't make sense. So he can sit out and get fined and laugh while Love goes through growing pains, or he can suit up and try to win a Super Bowl with one of the top 5 rosters in the league. Period, that's it. Anything else is just talk.

And then, if he's going to act this way, then this is his last year. Didn't have to be. But once you start making demands every offseason, your days are numbered. Ship him to some AFC team without an innovative OC and let him ride out his married life mad about it. I have no patience for useless bunk like this. Public posturing. Negotiating through the media. Trying to exert pressure on the front office to ignore their process and listen to a guy who doesn't do player evaluation.

Love the guy, not going to turn on him as a person or as a Packers fan. But if he wants to pull this, as the others have said, actions have consequences. Next year? Bye, good luck trying to Tom Brady it.
I remember this, my first reaction was that I hoped Rodgers sat out and forced a trade next year, then I realized this year would be his last as a Packer, but people will hate him and he'll get the blame even more for any loss, and should we fail to win a championship it will surely be his fault for that to, this is a NO win situation for Rodgers, yes the best chance for a ring, but the odds are not that good for that either considering the odds aren't especially great for any team ever.

he had to know Gute wouldn't trade him, so we all figured he'd probably be back all along, who actually figured he'd sit out, no one really.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Scott4Pack wrote:
26 Jul 2021 17:27
I'm so tired of all the "reporters" still insisting that it's all about Love getting picked. It is so not about that. (Even 12 said so.)

Maybe it is about 12's exit strategy, about having some leverage about where he'll go. But I really doubt it's about this ambiguous idea of the Packers not making the right culture. 12 probably couldn't care less about culture. He certainly doesn't speak out directly about it. When he does "speak" it's through sources. And that is no way to make a positive culture.
None of this ever came about until Love was picked. Rodgers was talking legacy and being a Packer forever up until that point. It is absolutely about the Love pick.

We are not where we are right now if we take any other position.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Is he gone yet?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Raptorman wrote:
26 Jul 2021 21:36
Is he gone yet?
Not yet

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Raptorman wrote:
Is he gone yet?
You and every other NFC North team are just praying he leaves.

We appreciate your generous donations is the win column over the last decade and a half.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

lupedafiasco wrote:
26 Jul 2021 21:53
Raptorman wrote:
Is he gone yet?
You and every other NFC North team are just praying he leaves.

We appreciate your generous donations is the win column over the last decade and a half.
I really don't care if he stays or goes. Without defense, the Packers ain't going anywhere. And nothing they have done this offseason shows me they upped their defense any. I'm actually more concerned with the Bears at this point.

I wonder if that's why he wants out.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

If all of these reports are true and he is coming back perhaps now we can put all of this soap opera behind us and get ready for the season.