Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Man bun and flip flops, starting to think this was all just a midlife crisis.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
27 Jul 2021 08:38
Yoop wrote:
27 Jul 2021 08:37
go pak go wrote:
27 Jul 2021 08:21
Yeah I would say it's not about that. This is pretty clear, based on what we are hearing, that Rodgers likes his buddies.

But I also agree that it's a 6th WR roster spot. Malik Taylor is clearing waivers regardless and will make the PSquad. Just keep Kumerow so Rodgers has a friend. Kumerow was honestly pretty good on STs too.

Rodgers liked to flex his muscle last year on the McAfee show that he "knows talent". He said it quite a bit about Fred Warner during the draft process apparently before he went to the 9ers (of course not publicly). But I still can't get 2018 and 2019 out of my head. I mean Rodgers was HIGH on Graham. I drank the kool-aid and Jimmy Graham is now top 3 worst FA signings of my Packer fanhood life.
who doesn't prefer what they know versus the unknown

who would doubt that Rodgers knows talent, he's been around it as much as Guty has.

and Graham while a let down compared to his previous years was still one of the more consistent receivers we had, and the best TE on the roster, it wasn't so much that Rodgers adored Graham, it's more of what other choice did he have, and again your exagerating how bad Graham was, it's mostly that we over paid for his services, if he sucked as bad as you say the FO wouldn't have accepted his second season.
what are you going to blame that on Rodgers to?
dude, he was awful.
awful because he wasn't worth the contract we gave him, If I had access to the atlanta and Bob McGinns eval, I'am sure it would show that Graham had very few poor plays, he was assignment sure even though he had lost the speed to do what made him a great TE, again you guys exaggerate your comments, and we have only had 1 TE out play Graham since he left, and the rest that we have have truely been awful.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pugger wrote:
27 Jul 2021 08:42
NCF wrote:
27 Jul 2021 08:33
Pugger wrote:
27 Jul 2021 08:27
Is all of this speculation about Cobb strictly on the news of the Texans trading for another slot receiver?
No.

This is the tweet behind all of this speculation? :lol: Of course Rodgers would love to play with Cobb again but Randall isn't the dynamic player he once was and AR has to see that.
a Toe sidelined Cobb last year, he still had 440 yrds in 10 games, the year prior with Dallas he had 800 plus yrds in 15 games and a 15 ypc average, Cobb my not be as dynamic as he was early years with us, but he's no washed up talentless player as some here are making him out to be either.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
27 Jul 2021 08:47
Drj820 wrote:
Yoop wrote:
27 Jul 2021 08:37

who doesn't prefer what they know versus the unknown

who would doubt that Rodgers knows talent, he's been around it as much as Guty has.

and Graham while a let down compared to his previous years was still one of the more consistent receivers we had, and the best TE on the roster, it wasn't so much that Rodgers adored Graham, it's more of what other choice did he have, and again your exagerating how bad Graham was, it's mostly that we over paid for his services, if he sucked as bad as you say the FO wouldn't have accepted his second season.
what are you going to blame that on Rodgers to?
dude, he was awful.
awful because he wasn't worth the contract we gave him, If I had access to the atlanta and Bob McGinns eval, I'am sure it would show that Graham had very few poor plays, he was assignment sure even though he had lost the speed to do what made him a great TE, again you guys exaggerate your comments, and we have only had 1 TE out play Graham since he left, and the rest that we have have truely been awful.
So you expect 3 TE's to outplay Graham since he was gone?

He was gone for a year.

If we are basing the TE play since Graham "left" we have the following:

1. Bobby Tonyan
2. Mercedes Lewis
3. Jace Sternberger
4. Daffney
5. Deguara

If I'm being honest, I think I'd take any of them over Jimmy Graham.
Last edited by go pak go on 27 Jul 2021 09:04, edited 2 times in total.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pugger wrote:
27 Jul 2021 08:42
This is the tweet behind all of this speculation? :lol: Of course Rodgers would love to play with Cobb again but Randall isn't the dynamic player he once was and AR has to see that.
News is moving really fast. But there is reports that the Packers are trying basically everything they can to make Rodgers happy if feasible.

I doubt Cobb is coming too. But then you see the Texans trade for a younger version of Cobb and it starts to make you wonder.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
27 Jul 2021 08:58
Yoop wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

dude, he was awful.

He was gone for a year.

So if we are basing the TE play since Graham "left" we have the following:

1. Bobby Tonyan
2. Mercedes Lewis
3. Jace Sternberger
4. Daffney
5. Deguara

Mercedes and Graham look the exact same when they run, Mercedes just knows hes in there to block and does it elite-ly.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
27 Jul 2021 09:02
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

He was gone for a year.

So if we are basing the TE play since Graham "left" we have the following:

1. Bobby Tonyan
2. Mercedes Lewis
3. Jace Sternberger
4. Daffney
5. Deguara

Mercedes and Graham look the exact same when they run, Mercedes just knows hes in there to block and does it elite-ly.
Ouch! I would rather be compared to "I run like David Bahktiari than Mercedes Lewis" :lol:
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

dude, he was awful.

He was gone for a year.

If we are basing the TE play since Graham "left" we have the following:

1. Bobby Tonyan
2. Mercedes Lewis
3. Jace Sternberger
4. Daffney
5. Deguara

only Tonyan out played Graham last year, and if Daffney and DEquara take a leap Sternberger might be playing for Jacksonville come sept.

the point is I doubt Rodgers had anything to do with the team keeping Graham around for his second season

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Betting Rodgers is going to be smug as F in his first presser.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Is it time to retire this thread in favor of the "Rodgers is back in camp" thread? Or is that still a wee bit premature until he's on the practice field?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
27 Jul 2021 09:16

the point is I doubt Rodgers had anything to do with the team keeping Graham around for his second season
Never said he did.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
27 Jul 2021 09:19
Is it time to retire this thread in favor of the "Rodgers is back in camp" thread? Or is that still a wee bit premature until he's on the practice field?
I mean Brett Favre was in town when I was in town back in 2008.

That didn't mean sh*t.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
Gotta keep it bc it could be true again at any time

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
27 Jul 2021 09:21
YoHoChecko wrote:
I mean Brett Favre was in town when I was in town back in 2008.

That didn't mean sh*t.
the FO hasn't bolted the door to the club house, and sent a limo to pick him up last night, where Bert snuck into town and tried to break down the clubhouse door, so it's sorta different :dunno:

I think both sides want this to happen, and the FO is making concessions to that end.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
It's very close.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

NCF wrote:
27 Jul 2021 09:31
YoHoChecko wrote:
It's very close.
Maybe don't retire it. We'll be back to it next offseason.

I'm just hoping the Packers don't screw this up and we get something decent in return for him next year. If they give in to everything, I'll be pissed.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
27 Jul 2021 09:33
NCF wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:
It's very close.
Maybe no retire it. We'll be back to it next offseason.

I'm just hoping the Packers don't screw this up and we get something decent in return for him next year. If they give in to everything, I'll be pissed.
Yup. Jordan Love to me is the story of this TC. If Love balls out, our leverage grows significantly. The next 8 to 9 months may just be the most important months of Gute's career.

Well. Scratch that. Next season will be important too once/if Love actually gets meaningful snaps.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
NCF wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:
It's very close.

they wont just let him walk scott free, it's possible next off season he'll be given a new contract and he'll retire in 2024 as a Packer, or we'll trade him for multiple 1st round draft picks, the only two paths I see after this season.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Yoop wrote:
27 Jul 2021 09:37
paco wrote:
NCF wrote:

It's very close.

they wont just let him walk scott free, it's possible next off season he'll be given a new contract and he'll retire in 2024 as a Packer, or we'll trade him for multiple 1st round draft picks, the only two paths I see after this season.
I see everything as a possibility. Pats didn't get anything for Brady and it was designed that way. I don't want us leaving this with only a 3rd round comp pick in our hands. If he stays with us for a year or 2 and retires, so be it. But if he ends up on another team, I want more.
RIP JustJeff

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

lupedafiasco wrote:
26 Jul 2021 21:53
Raptorman wrote:
26 Jul 2021 21:36
Is he gone yet?
You and every other NFC North team are just praying he leaves.

We appreciate your generous donations is the win column over the last decade and a half.
Only one less than AR's contribution