Cobb is back

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Ok.

If you were in the camp that felt that Rodgers had a right to more control, and that the team should appease him…

… you CANNOT also criticize moving for Cobb. This is what player personnel power looks like.

If you think this move is silly, (it is), then I hope you now understand the point of view that Rodgers’ demands were also silly. This is literally what he wanted.
Last edited by YoHoChecko on 27 Jul 2021 21:59, edited 1 time in total.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Drj820 wrote:
27 Jul 2021 15:15
well it is sort of a comical, and clownish, situation.

"Star QB holds out, wont come back unless team trades for his buddy who had less 500 receiving yards"
Guess we'll just have hope this works out as well as TB hilariously signing their QB's buddy, an oft-suspended 31-year-old headcase WR who had 56 yards the previous season...

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

salmar80 wrote:
27 Jul 2021 15:26
Drj820 wrote:

"Star QB holds out, wont come back unless team trades for his buddy who had less 500 receiving yards"
Guess we'll just have hope this works out as well as TB hilariously signing their QB's buddy, an oft-suspended 31-year-old headcase WR who had 56 yards the previous season...
Well, in my opinion, Antonio Browns ceiling is about 200x higher than Cobbs. So you can understand why Brady wanted the ceiling of Brown and assumed he could keep the guy in line for a few months.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Really want to go to the first home game now.

Place gunna be lit when they introduce Randall Cobb with the starters on O.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I remember when "cut Cobb" was the popular thought amongst GB fans.

I also know this is super fun to have nostalgia returns ala Ahman Green in #34. But these usually don't go over that great. Only exception I can think of is Tramon Williams who was actually better for us in 2019 than he was for us in 2014.

I grew up in Southeast SD and remember when Moss came back to MN in 2010. My friends were so stoked. Let's just say that didn't pan out.

What are other Packer reunions? My mind is drawing blanks. Mark Tauscher is one I know.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Dumb, I don't want Cobb back.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

go pak go wrote:
27 Jul 2021 15:34

I also know this is super fun to have nostalgia returns ala Ahman Green in #34. But these usually don't go over that great. Only exception I can think of is Tramon Williams who was actually better for us in 2019 than he was for us in 2014.

I grew up in Southeast SD and remember when Moss came back to MN in 2010. My friends were so stoked. Let's just say that didn't pan out.

What are other Packer reunions? My mind is drawing blanks. Mark Tauscher is one I know.
Didn't Antonio Freeman come back too?

Really though, the nice thing about this is that we don't "need" Cobb to be 2014 Cobb. Even if he catches 40 balls but they're key receptions, ones that veterans make, then I'm cool with this.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Acrobat wrote:
27 Jul 2021 15:39
go pak go wrote:
27 Jul 2021 15:34

Didn't Antonio Freeman come back too?
Yup!

Mark Tauscher
Antonio Freeman
Batman (Ahman Green)
Tramon Williams
Gilbert Brown
James Jones

Obviously BJ Raji once he finally comes back.
Last edited by go pak go on 27 Jul 2021 16:01, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

If anyone is confused by this move, allow Aaron Rodgers to clear things up :mrgreen:
Aaron Rodgers wrote:It’s never been about the draft pick, picking Jordan. I love Jordan. He’s a great kid. Lot of fun to work together. I love the coaching staff, love my teammates. Love the fan base in Green Bay. Incredible 16 years. It’s just kind of about a philosophy, you know? And maybe forgetting that it is about the people that make the thing go.

It’s about character. It’s about culture. It’s about doing things the right way. A lot of this was put in motion last year. The wrench was just kind of thrown into it when I won the MVP and played the way I played last year. So this is just kind of I think the spill out of all that. But look, man, it is about the people, and that’s the most important thing. Green Bay has always been about the people, from Curly Lambeau being owner and founder to the ’60s with Lombardi and Bart Starr and all those incredible names to the ’90s teams with Coach Holmgren and Favre-y and the Minister of Defense to the run that we’ve been on. It’s about the people.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Drj820 wrote:
27 Jul 2021 15:32
salmar80 wrote:
27 Jul 2021 15:26
Drj820 wrote:

Well, in my opinion, Antonio Browns ceiling is about 200x higher than Cobbs. So you can understand why Brady wanted the ceiling of Brown and assumed he could keep the guy in line for a few months.
Sure. I just think there's a lot of "grass is greener" -effect here. If we traded for some other ageing recognizable name slot WR, it would be all "ooooh, great move for an all-in season. Maybe has something in the tank. Veteran help for AR. Now we're not so dependent on rookie Amari!"

I think Cobb's ceiling is about 800yds, half a doz TDs and some carries on sweeps. It's not AB's ceiling, but not nothing.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Yeah Cobb's name is right up there with Favre/Starr/Holmgren. Come on, Aaron.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Or its jist good to have Cobb back in the wr room. Amari Rodgers is going to grow 10 fold under Cobb. Cobb who has said Rodgers is a better version of him. I dont expect Cobb to be what he was in 14. He will get some looks. Might make a play or 2 but hes here to lock in this team.

Enjoy the ride folks. 21 is gonna be fun

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

paco wrote:
27 Jul 2021 16:07
I'd say it'll be done by noon tomorrow.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Aaron Rodgers wrote:It’s never been about the draft pick, picking Jordan. I love Jordan. He’s a great kid. Lot of fun to work together. I love the coaching staff, love my teammates. Love the fan base in Green Bay. Incredible 16 years. It’s just kind of about a philosophy, you know? And maybe forgetting that it is about the people that make the thing go.

It’s about character. It’s about culture. It’s about doing things the right way. A lot of this was put in motion last year. The wrench was just kind of thrown into it when I won the MVP and played the way I played last year. So this is just kind of I think the spill out of all that. But look, man, it is about the people, and that’s the most important thing. Green Bay has always been about the people, from Curly Lambeau being owner and founder to the ’60s with Lombardi and Bart Starr and all those incredible names to the ’90s teams with Coach Holmgren and Favre-y and the Minister of Defense to the run that we’ve been on. It’s about the people.

At this point I don't believe a word out of his mouth.
RIP JustJeff

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

$8.25 mil. 1/4 of that number is an overpay. Needs to be wayyyy lower IMO.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
You know what a good teammate and friend would do?

Take a pay cut so your friend can be on the team. As we know right now, Rodgers is guaranteed his income will not drop so as we know of right now, this will not happen.

This is the side of Rodgers I can't understand.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Captain_Ben wrote:
27 Jul 2021 16:28
$8.25 mil. 1/4 of that number is an overpay. Needs to be wayyyy lower IMO.
Randal Cobb will make more than the current #2, #3, #4, #5 and #6 WR on our roster - combined. And we would still have over $2 million to spare.
Last edited by go pak go on 27 Jul 2021 16:59, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

go pak go wrote:
27 Jul 2021 16:42
paco wrote:
You know what a good teammate and friend would do?

Take a pay cut so your friend can be on the team. As we know right now, Rodgers is guaranteed his income will not drop so as we know of right now, this will not happen.

This is the side of Rodgers I can't understand.
"Do what I want but not on my dime."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

TheGreenMan wrote:
27 Jul 2021 16:27

At this point I don't believe a word out of his mouth.

:rotf: crap I just barfed out a mouthful of Dr. Pepper, :box: glad i had the keyboard drawer closed, I thought the same of Bert Fav're, I think it might be a short coming of the position :lol: