Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

paco wrote:
27 Jul 2021 18:07
texas wrote:
27 Jul 2021 17:43
Why is everyone convinced Rodgers is gone after this year? We haven't even heard him talk yet. There's an entire year ahead of us too so anything can happen.
Because that's what is going to happen.
Lmao you have literally no idea what you're talking about. Just like all these idiot sports media people the entire time.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

texas wrote:
27 Jul 2021 18:49
paco wrote:
texas wrote:
Why is everyone convinced Rodgers is gone after this year? We haven't even heard him talk yet. There's an entire year ahead of us too so anything can happen.
Lmao you have literally no idea what you're talking about. Just like all these idiot sports media people the entire time.
I think there is a scenario where the Packers make it too sweet for Rodgers to leave, but I only think this would happen if the Packers find out they truly are screwed at QB bend over backwards for Rodgers.

But ultimately, I think it would be dumb for Rodgers to do that. We won't be a winner with him. I mean Randall Cobb and Amari Rodgers would be our top WRs.

I'm hoping Love shows enough the Packers are comfortable moving on. Because Rodgers will likely want to anyway.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Attachments
E888B32A-0D6D-4B4F-9F7F-EB426F4D1F30.png
E888B32A-0D6D-4B4F-9F7F-EB426F4D1F30.png (1.44 MiB) Viewed 368 times
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

texas wrote:
paco wrote:
texas wrote:
And neither do you.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
27 Jul 2021 14:57
https://stathead.com/tiny/KBJKd

Let me enlighten here a bit on actually drafting a successful QB and just look at draft position. I am going to set good QB career at 40 Career Approximate Value. It's kind of arbitrary, but does seem to be a good line with the vast majority of good QBs above that line. That means there are 111 QBs drafted since 1970 we will look at:

54 of the 111 were 1st round picks.
44 of the 111 were taken before pick 15.
51 of the 111 were taken before pick 27.

Trying to say Jordan Love is already likely to fail simply by pigeon holing him due to his draft position is crazy. While most draft picks don't live up to expectations regardless of position or draft slot. Almost a majority of successful QBs comes from the 1st round.
I don't have to even look this stuff up to know that your scuing this up to make your point, since 1970, hell since 1980 we've produced 5 starters from later rounds, obviously the odds might be a little better with first rounders because they should be more ready to play, and need less coaching up, but over all the bust rate is nearly the same.

so add our 5 to your 95 gives us 100, so according to you there are only 11 others taken since 1970 that became GOOD, not even great, just good, no sale, heck two better then good ones are playing right now
Last edited by Yoop on 27 Jul 2021 23:09, edited 1 time in total.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

texas wrote:
27 Jul 2021 17:42
don't usually disagree with you but I disagree with this.

First, you just don't get good QBs late anymore. Doesn't happen. You want developmental prospects? Draft them in the 1st or 2nd round like every other team. Wilson is like the only elite QB that's mid-round (I'm not counting Dak yet but he may become elite), but I could easily be overlooking someone. Either way, the vast majority of good QBs are early round picks now.

When we picked Love, Rodgers had been below average for 2 years. Not below average for Rodgers, but below average for all NFL starters. Favre and Rodgers were both clearly declining. And then we picked their replacements and they both ended up having resurgences. So your point about this is just incorrect.

Finally, you're also simply not correct when you say Love was never considered the top prospect. He was usually not ranked as the very top prospect but I do remember at times during the previous college season his name being mentioned as a possible top QB taken. He was almost always rated among the top
Rodgers declined because the receiver core sucked, most QB's suck when that happens.

LOve was barely rated late first round, many rated him second round talent, and that is exactly what he's been, he couldn't even beat out Boyle last year and I don't think he even suited for a game.

and the only reason we don't see more 2nd and later round QB's do well is teams don't make enough practice time to coach them up, they rarely take enough time to groom any QB these days before they play them, and 50% of every one taken bust out, Love will get a lot of time in PS games to show us where he is, either way the FO caved in to Rodgers demands, if Love was as good as you think he is then why did the FO cave? obviously there not as convinced as you are.

and here you are telling others in this forum that they don't know what there talking about, maybe you should take your own advice.
Last edited by Yoop on 28 Jul 2021 00:42, edited 1 time in total.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
27 Jul 2021 22:50
Pckfn23 wrote:

Let me enlighten here a bit on actually drafting a successful QB and just look at draft position. I am going to set good QB career at 40 Career Approximate Value. It's kind of arbitrary, but does seem to be a good line with the vast majority of good QBs above that line. That means there are 111 QBs drafted since 1970 we will look at:

Trying to say Jordan Love is already likely to fail simply by pigeon holing him due to his draft position is crazy. While most draft picks don't live up to expectations regardless of position or draft slot. Almost a majority of successful QBs comes from the 1st round.
I don't have to even look this stuff up to know that your scuing this up to make your point, since 1970, hell since 1980 we've produced 5 starters from later rounds, obviously the odds might be a little better with first rounders because they should be more ready to play, and need less coaching up, but over all the bust rate is nearly the same.

so add our 5 to your 95 gives us 100, so according to you there are only 11 others taken since 1970 that became GOOD, not even great, just good, no sale, heck two better then good ones are playing right now
Absolutely not skewed at all. Click the link if you don't believe, but don't simply ignore the facts because you do not want to accept them. It's a really really bad habit to be so intrenched in one's own narrative that evidence to the contrary is ignored out of hand. Might want to actually things up for once.

Starter does not equal good, FYI, not sure why anyone would believe a starter would mean good. We have actually drafted 4 good QBs since 1970 and Don Majikowski missed the mark by 1 point. Not sure where the random 95 number came from...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
27 Jul 2021 23:53
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Absolutely not skewed at all. Click the link if you don't believe, but don't simply ignore the facts because you do not want to accept them. It's a really really bad habit to be so intrenched in one's own narrative that evidence to the contrary is ignored out of hand. Might want to actually things up for once.

Starter does not equal good, FYI, not sure why anyone would believe a starter would mean good. We have actually drafted 4 good QBs since 1970 and Don Majikowski missed the mark by 1 point. Not sure where the random 95 number came from...
of course starter equals good if they start for 4 or 5 years, you've raised the bar so you can eliminate as many 2nd and later round QB's as possible, those bust rates I brought are accurate, I was wrong in adding the 95 should have been 99, 44 +55 =99, and Majik wasn't a bust, he was a good QB, you like to change the rules, and do it all the time to win arguments, never said starter = good, or that starters don't bust, but anyone can see even according to your list that a lot more then 11 where good the last 50 years.
I thought Detmer started more then 2 years, thats still 4 from just us.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
28 Jul 2021 00:39
of course starter equals good if they start for 4 or 5 years, you've raised the bar so you can eliminate as many 2nd and later round QB's as possible,
Where did 4 or 5 year starter come from? I picked the career approximate value of 40 because it included most quarterbacks who had a good career. Some are missing, but most are there. Click the link.
those bust rates I brought are accurate,
They are, but like I will show below, you have NO idea what it actually means.
I was wrong in adding the 95 should have been 99, 44 +55 =99,
You can't be serious... :thwap: Why would you add 44 and 55? For one, 55 isn't even a number used. It was 54. The more important part is that you shouldn't be adding 54 and 44. The 44 comes out of the 54 since the 44 is also 1st round picks, pick 1 through 14... As said above, you do not understand what you are looking at.
and Majik wasn't a bust, he was a good QB,
No one said Don Majkowski was a bust... He had a decent career just not a good one. He was basically a good career backup. Pretty good was a 10th round pick.
you like to change the rules, and do it all the time to win arguments,
How did I change the rules?
never said starter = good, or that starters don't bust, but anyone can see even according to your list that a lot more then 11 where good the last 50 years.
You may want to read it again because you are all mixed up.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 28 Jul 2021 02:06, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

paco wrote:
27 Jul 2021 22:25
texas wrote:
paco wrote:

And neither do you.
Yeah, exactly. Neither of us knows (which was my original point). The difference is that you're the one making a claim with apparent certainty, and I'm not.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:

of course starter equals good
5 lines later
Yoop wrote:

never said starter = good.
I mean....
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

texas wrote:
28 Jul 2021 01:38
paco wrote:
texas wrote:

And neither do you.
Yeah, exactly. Neither of us knows (which was my original point). The difference is that you're the one making a claim with apparent certainty, and I'm not.
There are certain people in the industry who have been clear about things from the beginning. Their belief is still that he will be traded after this season. So I believe them. Feel free to come back to this in a year and see who's right. I'll own up if I'm wrong.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:

Can I just say I appreciated the work and effort to pull this up? I know this stuff takes time and work to do so and it should have been recognized as such. I liked it when I read it yesterday. It was interesting. I just didn't act on it.

Then I felt bad this morning when the only recognition it got was from Yoop trying to discredit it but contradicting himself while doing it and providing no actual numbers (just pulling numbers out of his a$$ literally to just muddy the waters).

This post deserves better than that. I also liked how you expanded that Majik missed the threshold by one point. I don't know the metrics, but it does give credibility that Majik was basically there. I am kind of sad I never got to watch him.
Last edited by go pak go on 28 Jul 2021 08:28, edited 2 times in total.
Yoop wrote:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Jul 2021 00:52
No one said Don Majkowski was a bust... He had a decent career just not a good one. He was basically a good career backup. Pretty good was a 10th round pick.
The dude was runner up in the 1989 MVP voting. Gotta give him some credit at least in that season.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
28 Jul 2021 06:42
Pckfn23 wrote:
The dude was runner up in the 1989 MVP voting. Gotta give him some credit at least in that season.
Was he really?

I did not know that.
Yoop wrote:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

go pak go wrote:
28 Jul 2021 06:52
paco wrote:
28 Jul 2021 06:42
Pckfn23 wrote:
Was he really?

I did not know that.
Yep, only 6 votes, Montana got 62 (if I recall the numbers right). But still, to that point, was one of the best statistical seasons in Packers history.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
27 Jul 2021 23:53
Yoop wrote:

of course starter equals good if they start for 4 or 5 years, you've raised the bar so you can eliminate as many 2nd and later round QB's as possible, those bust rates I brought are accurate, I was wrong in adding the 95 should have been 99, 44 +55 =99, and Majik wasn't a bust, he was a good QB, you like to change the rules, and do it all the time to win arguments, never said starter = good, or that starters don't bust, but anyone can see even according to your list that a lot more then 11 where good the last 50 years.
I thought Detmer started more then 2 years, thats still 4 from just us.
Mitch trubinsky, 4 year starter, not good.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

paco wrote:
28 Jul 2021 06:39
texas wrote:
paco wrote:

And neither do you.
There are certain people in the industry who have been clear about things from the beginning. Their belief is still that he will be traded after this season. So I believe them. Feel free to come back to this in a year and see who's right. I'll own up if I'm wrong.
I thought Rodgers gave a pretty good clue himself that he plans on leaving after this year with his silly Last Dance photo post.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Drj820 wrote:
28 Jul 2021 07:23
paco wrote:
28 Jul 2021 06:39
texas wrote:

I thought Rodgers gave a pretty good clue himself that he plans on leaving after this year with his silly Last Dance photo post.
Yeah, that was a bit of a clue as well, wasn't it? :lol: Of course, as texas said, anything can change. He could have a change of heart after this season. But I really think that time has passed.
RIP JustJeff

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

You've misread it.

44 taken in picks 1-15
7 taken in picks 16-27
3 taken in the rest of the first round
57 taken in round 2 and later.

The 44 in picks 1-15 are also included in the 51 taken in picks 1-27 and the 54 taken ion the first round.