Cobb is back

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

MVS walked out of the locker room with the team so...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Hopefully we gave them Kevin King straight up :lol:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
28 Jul 2021 10:17
go pak go wrote:
28 Jul 2021 10:11
Though there is "rumor" that MVS left Lambeau yesterday with his "stuff".
Where do you hear things? It seems you often reference rumors, but I never see them. Like the voided contract with Rodgers stuff.
Because there is no source to the rumor. That's why it is a rumor.

Someone asked about it on a "Chat with Nags" yesterday saying they heard about it.

If I had a source or a tweet I would post it.

That's why I qualified it as a rumor.

And if you are talking about this:
go pak go wrote:
26 Jul 2021 15:38
So there is talk that Rodgers wants the Packers to essentially void the contract and allow Rodgers to be a free agent after this season in order for Rodgers to come play this year.

I really, really don't want to do that. I would honestly rather have Rodgers retire.

IMO, the worst scenario for the Packers is if Rodgers gets to leave without any compensation in return. We would get a 5th round comp pick because he's old.
I still stand by that quote which is what I heard at the time. Just because Rodgers didn't fully get it doesn't mean he didn't want it. And the fact that the "concession" was voiding the final year does show this was part of the issue Rodgers wants resolved.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

It would be cool to get something for EQ as I wouldn’t mind even cutting him
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
28 Jul 2021 11:13
YoHoChecko wrote:
go pak go wrote:
28 Jul 2021 10:11
Though there is "rumor" that MVS left Lambeau yesterday with his "stuff".
Where do you hear things? It seems you often reference rumors, but I never see them. Like the voided contract with Rodgers stuff.

Someone asked about it on a "Chat with Nags" yesterday saying they heard about it.

go pak go wrote:
So there is talk that Rodgers wants the Packers to essentially void the contract and allow Rodgers to be a free agent after this season in order for Rodgers to come play this year.

I really, really don't want to do that. I would honestly rather have Rodgers retire.

IMO, the worst scenario for the Packers is if Rodgers gets to leave without any compensation in return. We would get a 5th round comp pick because he's old.
I still stand by that quote which is what I heard at the time. Just because Rodgers didn't fully get it doesn't mean he didn't want it. And the fact that the "concession" was voiding the final year does show this was part of the issue Rodgers wants resolved.
so then some blogger, who wouldn't know a piston from his sisters titty :rotf: asked a far fetched question even insiders don't know, and had no real answer to gave you the impression that it could be valid info, so you brought it, this is about as useful as my info that every QB after slot 1 is a bust candidate only waiting to be exposed, :nono:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:
I wasn't trying to diminish it. I was literally asking where you hear things. So this one, someone brought it up in a Nagler Chat. The "Rodgers wants a void" talk... I also hadn't seen. I'm not saying it needs to be true or anything, but usually rumors have some sort of source; like the house cleaning thing came from someone. The way rumors get to our ears includes some sort of transmission. And You seem to have more methods through which rumors are transmitted to your ears than I do. And I was just wondering how that happens.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
28 Jul 2021 11:29
go pak go wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

go pak go wrote:

so then some blogger, who wouldn't know a piston from his sisters titty :rotf: asked a far fetched question even insiders don't know, and had no real answer to gave you the impression that it could be valid info, so you brought it, this is about as useful as my info that every QB after slot 1 is a bust candidate only waiting to be exposed, :nono:
The difference is I qualify things and say "hey...this doesn't have a source. It's just floating"

Whereas you double, triple and quadruple down, get angry, call people names and pull numbers out of thin air (often contradicting each other in the same paragraph) to try and support a narrative and reality you don't want to deter from.

Huge difference.

I'm sure the rumor of MVS walking out of Lambeau with "stuff" is true. I mean he works there. He has stuff there. He goes in and out of doors.

Just doesn't mean he was traded.
Last edited by go pak go on 28 Jul 2021 11:52, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
28 Jul 2021 11:35
go pak go wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:
I wasn't trying to diminish it. I was literally asking where you hear things. So this one, someone brought it up in a Nagler Chat. The "Rodgers wants a void" talk... I also hadn't seen. I'm not saying it needs to be true or anything, but usually rumors have some sort of source; like the house cleaning thing came from someone. The way rumors get to our ears includes some sort of transmission. And You seem to have more methods through which rumors are transmitted to your ears than I do. And I was just wondering how that happens.
Yeah the void thing I believe was brought up in a McAfee interview? I can't remember.

These rumors I bring in usually come after lunch when I just have interviews or chats playing in the background(while cooking/preparing lunch) and then I bring them here.
Yoop wrote:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

go pak go wrote:
28 Jul 2021 11:51
YoHoChecko wrote:
28 Jul 2021 11:35
go pak go wrote:

Yeah the void thing I believe was brought up in a McAfee interview? I can't remember.

These rumors I bring in usually come after lunch when I just have interviews or chats playing in the background(while cooking/preparing lunch) and then I bring them here.
It's tough when those are mentioned in podcasts and not tweeted or put in articles. I never listen to those myself. Good to hear stuff form other things. Just let us know where you hear them if you can!
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

If anyone doesn't like that deal, you're dumb. Love it. Welcome back Randall!
RIP JustJeff

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Houston Texans, the gift that keeps on giving.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yeah, can’t hate that haha
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I'll take it. I wish it was more like $5 million they eat, but $3 million it is.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

I'm relieved we didn't have to trade a player to make it happen
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

paco wrote:
28 Jul 2021 15:24
If anyone doesn't like that deal, you're dumb. Love it. Welcome back Randall!
I guess we'll win the NFCCG then.😉

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

paco wrote:
28 Jul 2021 15:23
Why would Houston make that deal? Seems like a stupid thing for them to make that deal.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

wallyuwl wrote:
28 Jul 2021 16:39
Why would Houston make that deal? Seems like a stupid thing for them to make that deal.
His salary was guaranteed but far beyond his worth. They likely would have looked at releasing him after acquiring Miller, had he not been on a guaranteed contract. They got a pick and saved themselves a few million against the cap this year by making the move.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

BF004 wrote:
28 Jul 2021 09:47
Cobb does have a history of making his biggest plays at the biggest times, something I feel like this team could use.
This.

As much as we worried that RC has never been a WR1 or that he never really did enough, it seems uncanny how often he made pivotal plays. Big plays.

He has that knack with Rogers. Give him credit for that. He knows how to show up in big moments.

If he only catches 40 for 400 but gets 6 TDs and clinches a game or two by moving the chains, this is a win. Yeah, we will pay him too much. But it’s still a win.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!