Cobb is back

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Thing is. I believe Adams is going to be gone in 2022. Actually will be nice to have Cobb on the roster as a veteran presence.

Even next year. :aok:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Scott4Pack wrote:
28 Jul 2021 16:50
Yeah, we will pay him too much.
Just think of it as Rodgers' MVP bonus.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Our 2022 cap/roster is going to be so disgusting. :lol: :lol:

But honestly, that will be fun too. We will be underdogs in a rebuild year and we know it.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
28 Jul 2021 15:24
If anyone doesn't like that deal, you're dumb. Love it. Welcome back Randall!
no kidding, where ya gonna get a slot receiver of Cobbs ability cheaper, some will still complain though.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
28 Jul 2021 17:11
paco wrote:
28 Jul 2021 15:24
If anyone doesn't like that deal, you're dumb. Love it. Welcome back Randall!
no kidding, where ya gonna get a slot receiver of Cobbs ability cheaper, some will still complain though.
I mean cheaper? Amari Rodgers.

But chemistry, knowledge, leadership, friendship, etc?

Yeah this is a great move. I just hope Cobb can stay healthy. That's been his biggest bugga boo the last 5 years.

Our offense is stacked.
Yoop wrote:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
28 Jul 2021 10:57
Hopefully we gave them Kevin King straight up :lol:
I would trade Kevin King for a pair of dirty socks.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

wallyuwl wrote:
28 Jul 2021 16:39
paco wrote:
28 Jul 2021 15:23
Why would Houston make that deal? Seems like a stupid thing for them to make that deal.
Houston is not going to win this year. Cobb is not a part of their future. Get anything you can for him and get him off your books. Genius move for a team trying to rebuild.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Cobb had one of the leagues dumbest contracts. Getting a 6 and only paying 3m to get out of the dumb deal isn’t bad for Houston. Although they might could have gotten a 1 for him if Rodgers really said he’s not coming back without him (lol I still doubt that).

But overall, I still think Cobb is washed. I would hope to use him very sparingly and try like heck to have him as fresh as possible for the postseason, then hope he earns that 5million at that time.

But, it’s easy to be okay with this deal by just hoping he only takes EQs job, and seeing it as a penalty for pissing off Rodgers. The penalty was getting docked a 6th round pick and having to create 5 million dollars in cap space. If you just think of that 5m as going to Rodgers and Rodgers donating it to Cobb, and think of the 6 as the price to get Rodgers back to camp...it’s well worth that cost to have 12 at training camp on day one.

Could have been much worse. I still think Cobb is washed tho.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The WR battle this TC is going to be LIT.
Yoop wrote:

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Even if Cobb only catches 30 balls this year, he’s the type that will make them count and they would most likely be big 3rd downs. Like pretty much everyone else said, very little risk considering the cost.

He’s also great for the community with the different charities he’s been a part of.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
28 Jul 2021 20:11
How? Adams, MVS, Cobb, and Rodgers are locks. The rest of them can kick rocks.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
28 Jul 2021 20:13
go pak go wrote:
Because some people choose to enjoy football and the battles for roster spot 4, 5 and 6.

The Packers don't play many WRs. We are a running team. We have 5 to 6 WRs who can legit compete for playing time. We have two additions from the PY.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Adams, Cobb, Lazard, MVS, Rodgers. All locks. It is very up in the air after that. It could be no one, it could be 2.

It does matter how Cobb performs, though. If it is 30 catches, 400 yards, and 2-3 TDs, then the $5.25 million is not money well spent. For that much he should be performing like a top tier WR 2.
image.png
image.png (65.96 KiB) Viewed 191 times
That is everyone making around $5.25 million. Marquise Brown had the 40th most receiving yards for WRs at 769 yards. Many WRs around 40th best in TDs at 5. There is something to be said for appeasing the QB, but that only goes so far.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Jul 2021 22:13
Adams, Cobb, Lazard, MVS, Rodgers. All locks. It is very up in the air after that. It could be no one, it could be 2.

It does matter how Cobb performs, though. If it is 30 catches, 400 yards, and 2-3 TDs, then the $5.25 million is not money well spent. For that much he should be performing like a top tier WR 2.
image.png
That is everyone making around $5.25 million. Marquise Brown had the 40th most receiving yards for WRs at 769 yards. Many WRs around 40th best in TDs at 5. There is something to be said for appeasing the QB, but that only goes so far.
It would be shocking if Cobb the player lives up to his paycheck alone, but factor in his play, plus the deal helped bring Rodgers back to camp day one...and it becomes just the cost of doing business.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

It depends on how he performs. $5.25 million is not chump change, especially for a team as cap strapped as we are. The intangibles only count for so much.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
28 Jul 2021 20:22
lupedafiasco wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Because some people choose to enjoy football and the battles for roster spot 4, 5 and 6.

The Packers don't play many WRs. We are a running team. We have 5 to 6 WRs who can legit compete for playing time. We have two additions from the PY.
Of all the camp battles we have I could care less about the #5 and 6 receivers. Im concerned with RG, DL, LB, CB, #3 S, and P.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Pckfn23 wrote:

image.png
Except he's not making $5.25. He's making $8.25. Remember, Houston is paying $3 million of it. Just because the Packers aren't paying doesn't mean he not being paid it.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Raptorman wrote:
29 Jul 2021 00:57
Pckfn23 wrote:

image.png
Except he's not making $5.25. He's making $8.25. Remember, Houston is paying $3 million of it. Just because the Packers aren't paying doesn't mean he not being paid it.
Obviously. Making off us... Counting against our cap.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
28 Jul 2021 22:28
go pak go wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

Of all the camp battles we have I could care less about the #5 and 6 receivers. Im concerned with RG, DL, LB, CB, #3 S, and P.
I think the WR and RB inherently are the most enjoyable battles to watch during preseason games. So you add in guys like Hill at RB and the depth we have at WR...yeah I'm excited for the preseason games.

Like how does Funchess look? I know you think he is a pansy but I am excited to see how he looks. It's been basically since 2018 since he has played. How does EQSB look? Is anyone going to seriously threaten Lazard for a WR spot? How quickly will Amari Rodgers acclimate to the NFL? Will MVS appear to make that jump to a potential #2? Or is he going to be that #3 deep guy only?

These are things I am excited to see.
Yoop wrote:

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

go pak go wrote:
29 Jul 2021 06:43
lupedafiasco wrote:
28 Jul 2021 22:28
go pak go wrote:

I think the WR and RB inherently are the most enjoyable battles to watch during preseason games. So you add in guys like Hill at RB and the depth we have at WR...yeah I'm excited for the preseason games.

Like how does Funchess look? I know you think he is a pansy but I am excited to see how he looks. It's been basically since 2018 since he has played. How does EQSB look? Is anyone going to seriously threaten Lazard for a WR spot? How quickly will Amari Rodgers acclimate to the NFL? Will MVS appear to make that jump to a potential #2? Or is he going to be that #3 deep guy only?

These are things I am excited to see.
I wanna see what is going on with MVS. Did he forget the NFL code UA at home or was there more to it.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....