Texans @ Packers GDT - 8/14/2021 - 3:25 CST - Randall's Revenge

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Vote for the Over, leave blank for the under

Poll ended at 20 Aug 2021 09:13

Aaron Jones 85.5 total yards
No votes
Davante Adams 6.5 catches
No votes
Smiths + Gary 1.75 sacks
No votes
1.5 takeaways by D
No votes
Packers score 27.5
No votes
Saints score 22.5
No votes
Packers wins 0.5 (Vote for this to get an accurate count)
No votes

Total votes: 0

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

BF004 wrote:
12 Aug 2021 09:17
@salmar80

Busy today, will get it up tomorrow.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
12 Aug 2021 11:20
Also, essentially counting Jordan Love as a rookie, what fun preseason this is gunna be. There isn't one rookie plus Love I'm not really excited to watch, other than maybe McDuffie.

Love, Stokes, Myers, Rodgers, Newman, Slaton, Jean Charles, Hill, who from that list are we not incredibly bullish on right now. Isn't a guy on that list who I don't think will contribute on the field this year other than Love and Newman.

Throw in Van Lanen the former GB area prep star and UW Badger into that mix for fun.
I have to say the more I think about it, the more I feel like Van Lanen is a completely wasted pick. Feel good story and all, but there's just so much interior OL depth that I can't see him cracking the group, even in the longer-term, if he even makes the team. PS player all the way, probably for 2 years. Then he'll move on. I know that's a hella early judgement for no good reason, but it's what I genuinely think of him.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Also, YaY gameday threads!!

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
12 Aug 2021 12:26
BF004 wrote:
12 Aug 2021 11:20
Also, essentially counting Jordan Love as a rookie, what fun preseason this is gunna be. There isn't one rookie plus Love I'm not really excited to watch, other than maybe McDuffie.

Love, Stokes, Myers, Rodgers, Newman, Slaton, Jean Charles, Hill, who from that list are we not incredibly bullish on right now. Isn't a guy on that list who I don't think will contribute on the field this year other than Love and Newman.

Throw in Van Lanen the former GB area prep star and UW Badger into that mix for fun.
I have to say the more I think about it, the more I feel like Van Lanen is a completely wasted pick. Feel good story and all, but there's just so much interior OL depth that I can't see him cracking the group, even in the longer-term, if he even makes the team. PS player all the way, probably for 2 years. Then he'll move on. I know that's a hella early judgement for no good reason, but it's what I genuinely think of him.
He's been taking snaps outside, hasn't he? I know I saw 1 day he was getting LT reps.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

paco wrote:
12 Aug 2021 12:43
He's been taking snaps outside, hasn't he? I know I saw 1 day he was getting LT reps.
Yeah, I saw that, too. I don't think he's good enough for it, though.

I think our OTs are Bak and Turner, with Jenkins the LT backup and Kelly the RT backup, and Newman the developmental guy at RT/RG. I think Braden and even Nijman (who is basically irrelevant at this point) would be more ready to take OT snaps this year than Van Lanen. So yeah, he's taking some snaps outside, but I bet he's OT7 when we actually get down to who would feasibly take regular season snaps there.

But it will be interesting to try to track the OL lineups in preseason, not that the announcers keep us updated on OL substitutions throughout the game (nor do they have much reason to, as the casual viewer couldn't care less)

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Pckfn23 wrote:
12 Aug 2021 10:38
Justis had a video of all his Family Night throws and he completed 7 of 9 with begelton dropping a long deep pass in the end zone. I would say accounts claiming he is wildly inaccurate are themselves inaccurate.
The one that Begelton dropped was a hell of a throw! The first incompletion was inaccurate (too far right) and there was one that was almost too high for Funchess, but otherwise he did well. He needs to speed up his release a bit and get more velocity on some throws.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
12 Aug 2021 12:52
paco wrote:

I think our OTs are Bak and Turner, with Jenkins the LT backup and Kelly the RT backup, and Newman the developmental guy at RT/RG. I think Braden and even Nijman (who is basically irrelevant at this point) would be more ready to take OT snaps this year than Van Lanen. So yeah, he's taking some snaps outside, but I bet he's OT7 when we actually get down to who would feasibly take regular season snaps there.

But it will be interesting to try to track the OL lineups in preseason, not that the announcers keep us updated on OL substitutions throughout the game (nor do they have much reason to, as the casual viewer couldn't care less)
I agree.

They added those Nickelodeon broadcasts for kids. They should have "enthusiast" broadcasts that dig farther into the stuff geeks want to hear. Get rid of the fluff and talk about the real stuff.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
12 Aug 2021 13:51
YoHoChecko wrote:
12 Aug 2021 12:52
paco wrote:

I agree.

They added those Nickelodeon broadcasts for kids. They should have "enthusiast" broadcasts that dig farther into the stuff geeks want to hear. Get rid of the fluff and talk about the real stuff.
When Ryan Grant would do his LIVE WATCH parties on Cheesehead TV, they were amazing. The only people it makes sense to do is guys who know the Packers system and can relate personal stories and do it in a super low pressure atmosphere.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Nah, I literally just want someone to tell me who is coming in and out of the game so we can track lineups and personnel groupings a bit. They don't need to be insiders or be chock full of knowledge. Just let me know who's in the game and some sort of snap count info. It would be a super fun alternative broadcast, but like I said, I'm not mad or surprised they don't have it. This is a niche product.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Wanted to put 75-85 as a passer rating for Love, but its not letting me. First action, will see if he's the hype he deserves or if he needs a bit more practice.

I just can't wait, football is back!
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
12 Aug 2021 14:04
Nah, I literally just want someone to tell me who is coming in and out of the game so we can track lineups and personnel groupings a bit. They don't need to be insiders or be chock full of knowledge. Just let me know who's in the game and some sort of snap count info. It would be a super fun alternative broadcast, but like I said, I'm not mad or surprised they don't have it. This is a niche product.
You mean you'd rather hear about the game rather than James Lofton go on tangents about players he clearly didn't know existed before yesterday or discuss generic statements like, "this game is these guys's Super Bowl. They need to put on good film for either the Packers coaches or other coaches across the league who will give them a job even if these guys don't make it"

The quoted comments will be HEEEEAAAAVVVVVVYYYYYY against the Bills Week 3.

But in all seriousness, I would think the best person to give at least who is in the game would be the Packers Radio Network. They do a decent job of that.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

The biggest deal in planning for Love this weekend is how to get him comfortable in a "real" game setting. Yes, conservative game plan. But MLF also needs to give him some scenarios where Love has the opportunity to throw over coverage if he sees a great matchup. Give Love a structured game plan. Tell him to stick to it. Build on whatever happens.

Stokes and the rest of the draft class have first game. I'd think they'll mostly use zone coverage for him. But let's see if it takes him very long to get sorted.

Our new Center should also be a good watch. So much has been said about him. It's time to see.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

go pak go wrote:
12 Aug 2021 15:46
You mean you'd rather hear about the game rather than James Lofton go on tangents about players he clearly didn't know existed before yesterday or discuss generic statements like, "this game is these guys's Super Bowl. They need to put on good film for either the Packers coaches or other coaches across the league who will give them a job even if these guys don't make it"...
Yeah, Lofton seems like a good guy, but he's one of my least favorite announcers. :|
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
13 Aug 2021 20:19
go pak go wrote:
12 Aug 2021 15:46
You mean you'd rather hear about the game rather than James Lofton go on tangents about players he clearly didn't know existed before yesterday or discuss generic statements like, "this game is these guys's Super Bowl. They need to put on good film for either the Packers coaches or other coaches across the league who will give them a job even if these guys don't make it"...
Yeah, Lofton seems like a good guy, but he's one of my least favorite announcers. :|
I don't understand whey can't get James Jones to do it.
Yoop wrote:

Willink
Reactions:

Post by Willink »

Excited to see how Love looks tonight :banana:

Bills Lions with bunch of random former Packers yesterday has me fiending, Goff check downs the length of field then Boyle comes in gunslinging :lol:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Is WTMJ Listen Live working for anyone else on the Internet?
Yoop wrote:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Willink wrote:
14 Aug 2021 16:12
Excited to see how Love looks tonight :banana:

Bills Lions with bunch of random former Packers yesterday has me fiending, Goff check downs the length of field then Boyle comes in gunslinging :lol:
Not that it matters. I have a very good source (the internet), that says Fields is awesome and ready to dethrone Rodgers as best qb ever in history.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

JC.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

The man. I believe.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Funchess is active. Excited to see him. Based on the Packers inactives, I would expect the Texans to be similar. No reason Funchess shouldn't eat against 3rd-teamers.

Read More. Post Less.