Official 2020 Draft Thread - Day 3 - NO SPOILERS!!!

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

:lol:

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Guys, this was fun as always. Thanks for hanging with me. Packers on the clock with their last selection. I've got to run right after, but will check in later, finish the contest scoring and such.

Go Pack Go!
RIP JustJeff

Chilli
Reactions:

Post by Chilli »

More than anything, though, Scott feels he has shown versatility playing four years under coach Gary Patterson.

He played weak safety mostly at TCU, but also has experience playing cornerback and other safety spots. Additionally, Scott has played special teams on the coverage units.

“My film shows I’m very versatile,” Scott said. “I feel I can do a lot of things.”

At the end of the day, he feels his coverage skills stand out the most, describing them as “top-notch.”

“We played a lot of man coverage and I feel I’m one of the best cover safeties in college football,” Scott said. “Playing weak safety at TCU is one of the hardest and most challenging positions. You have to make a lot of calls and you have to be a good athlete. We go down in the box in certain coverages. It’s challenging, but also very rewarding because you can make a lot of plays.”

You have to be a good man player in Coach P’s defense,” Scott said. “And you learn a bunch of football with Coach P. The 4-2-5 defense is very complex and we have to communicate a lot. The safeties are the quarterbacks of the defense.”

Scott is currently 6-foot-2, 209 pounds and is getting interest from NFL teams. He had a top 30 visit with the Green Bay Packers scheduled before the pandemic canceled that trip.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Garvin's RAS is 9.0.
RIP JustJeff

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Well, it happened. We took an EDGE before a WR.

Read More. Post Less.

kampmanfan4life
Reactions:

Post by kampmanfan4life »

Well that is our 2020 draft, will be interesting to see who we get for UDFA. If nothing else it gives us a lot to discuss while in quarantine.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

We should be able to get any UDFA WR we want. Well, us and the Pats who didn't draft any either.
RIP JustJeff

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

British wrote:
25 Apr 2020 16:31
go pak go wrote:
25 Apr 2020 16:27
paco wrote:
25 Apr 2020 16:20

You mean Lucas Patrick? He's probably safe this year. Not all 3 of these 6th rounders will make the roster. I think Runyan does, 1 on IR, and the other practice squad probably.
Lane Taylor is probably gone too.
Surprised he hasn't been traded already. Teams pretty desperate for OL all over the league. Startable guy like him with experience you'd think would be worth at least a late round pick.
Maybe we can't find any takers... ;)

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

NCF wrote:
25 Apr 2020 17:05
Kind of sad the shape Chris Mortensen is in these days.

Yes, he doesn't look very good...